Start by marking “Magnificent Folly (Sedikhan, #16)” as Want to Read:
Magnificent Folly (Sedikhan, #16)

Magnificent Folly (Sedikhan #16)

3.57  ·  Rating Details  ·  332 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
At first Lily Deslin feared Andrew Ramsey wanted to take her daughter away from her. Then she realized that it was she he wanted. But surrendering her heart to the enigmatic man meant risking the danger that stalked him--and sharing the pain of his astonishing gift.
Mass Market Paperback, 0 pages
Published July 1st 1989 by Loveswept (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Magnificent Folly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Magnificent Folly

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
Magnificent Folly was a quick, pleasing read from back in the day by this prolific author. It continues the story of the Clanad, a group of people with powerful telepathic abilities who have found a refuge in the Middle Eastern country Sedikhan. This story is about Andrew, who is the brother of Mariana, from A Tough Man to Tame. Andrew donated his sperm so that Lily could have a child, only she doesn’t find out that he’s her daughter’s father until he finds them nine years later. Andrew bonds wi ...more
Sabrina Devonshire
Dec 12, 2014 Sabrina Devonshire rated it liked it
I probably would have enjoyed actually reading this more than listening to the audiobook. The reader tried to hard to produce the young girl's voice and make some of the other characters sound unique that some of the recording came out sounding almost laughable. I found the story entertaining and engaging, but when Lily went from cautious and defensive about relationships to over-the-top gushy romantic at the end, I couldn't wait for the book to end.
Remus L
May 24, 2015 Remus L rated it did not like it
The main character was very irritating. The book was really hard to get into and I think it was mainly because of the audio book. Was not impressed in the slightest. I was just waiting for it to end.
Tonya Guilfoyle
Dec 16, 2014 Tonya Guilfoyle rated it did not like it
Very unrealistic!! Was not impressed with the flow, nature or complexity of characters. It is just not fun to read and tends to be confusing and just simply unrealistic.
Laura Beth
Feb 26, 2016 Laura Beth rated it it was amazing
I have been re-reading the old Love Swept books by Iris Johansen just to get to this one. It is an old favorite. Keep in mind the time it was written and that it is a series romance and it hits all the right tones.
Because of the age of the and setting it could almost now be a "historical" but instead I will call this a nostalgic read. It is nice to visit "old" friends.
Ozzy Ross
Feb 20, 2012 Ozzy Ross rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Buku bahasa inggris pertamaku di goodreads.....cocok buat aku, ga terlalu tebal, bahasanya mudah dicerna, alurnya cepat dan tidak membosankan dengan banyak detail......dan yang paling penting berakhir dengan bahagia.....Thank U buat teman - teman goodreads yang sudah "ngomporin" buat baca novel versi aslinya...he..he..he.. love U, Mba Lely & Mba Rie...
Elizabeth
Jun 17, 2013 Elizabeth rated it really liked it
I read these books as a teen and I absolutely loved them. I love the imaginary place of Sedikhan Johanson has created for her books. I loved the strong, female characters. I really ate tehm up and couldn't get enough. I don't really read romance books any more but I did love these back when I read them.
Verlene
Apr 22, 2012 Verlene rated it it was amazing
For people who are love novels addict, I find this very refreshing and i like how Iris brought the intensity of connection and feelings to the characters Lily and Andrew. I am really captivated by the content.
Summer Hodgkinson
I'm a little farther in it, I just don't think I like the writing style in this book. The author makes everything happen too fast & its all really blunt.
Barb
Apr 26, 2012 Barb rated it really liked it
Well worth the time. A slow read. Had to think things out a bit. Not the normal 'paranormal' genre, but still a good read. I gave it a 4star.
Amy Grossman
Jun 27, 2011 Amy Grossman rated it it was ok
This was extremely light reading...enough to keep my attention captured (to finish it in two days), but doesn't go in depth with the characters.
Jackie Behles
Was an ok vacation read. Entertained me, but the plot wasn't all that. Didn't really expect more though.
Bana
Sep 24, 2010 Bana rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
strange subject for trashy romance!
Ruth
Dec 23, 2010 Ruth added it
LS #342
Chris
Chris rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2016
Erin
Erin added it
Jul 20, 2016
TinaC
TinaC is currently reading it
Jul 19, 2016
Teresa
Teresa marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2016
April Bboop
April Bboop marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2016
Glenda robidoux
Glenda robidoux marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2016
Jill
Jill rated it liked it
Jun 30, 2016
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Camille Taylor
Camille Taylor rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2016
Rita
Rita marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2016
Kristie Rounds
Kristie Rounds marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2016
Diana Gable
Diana Gable rated it it was amazing
Jun 05, 2016
heintzei zamora casimero
heintzei zamora casimero marked it as to-read
May 27, 2016
  • Strange Little Band: Two Psychics. One Mega-Corp. All-Around Bad Behavior.
  • Rafe, The Maverick (The Shamrock Trinity, #1) (The Delaneys, #1)
  • A Weaver Wedding
  • Waking Up
  • Hunger Moon Rising
  • Playing By The Baby Rules (Silhouette Desire, #1566)
  • The Beach Alibi (Smithson Group SG-5, #4)
  • Terms of Possession (Romance)
  • Never Love a Lord (Foxe Sisters Trilogy, #3)
  • 22 Indigo Place
  • The Fire Of Spring (Silhouette Desire, No 265)
  • Wizard
  • Unbuttoning Miss Hardwick
  • Dance of Seduction
  • Her Best Friend's Brother
  • A Marine for Christmas
  • Killer Secrets
  • Allie's Moon
Iris Johansen is a New York Times bestselling author. She began her writing after her children left home for college. She first achieved success in the early 1980s writing category romances. In 1991, Johansen began writing suspense historical romance novels, starting with the publication of The Wind Dancer. In 1996 Johansen switched genres, turning to crime fiction, with which she has had great su ...more
More about Iris Johansen...

Sedikhan (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • The Golden Barbarian (Sedikhan, #1)
  • The Golden Valkyrie (Sedikhan, #2)
  • The Trustworthy Redhead (Sedikhan, #3)
  • Capture The Rainbow (Sedikhan, #4)
  • Touch The Horizon (Sedikhan, #5)
  • A Summer Smile (Sedikhan, #6)
  • And The Desert Blooms (Sedikhan, #7)
  • Always (Sedikhan, #8)
  • Everlasting (Sedikhan, #9)
  • Til The End Of Time (Sedikhan, #10)