Reap The Wind (Wind Dancer, #3)

Reap The Wind (Wind Dancer #3)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  3,107 ratings  ·  57 reviews
An elusive killer...a deadly obsession...and a woman who must destroy him--or become his next victim.

Some would kill to know what Caitlin Vasaro knows. For the secrets she�s kept hidden all her life are the kind that the rich and the powerful will do anything to possess. But not even Caitlin knows how much danger she is in--or how far someone will go to hunt her down. Bu...more
Published August 27th 2002 by Bantam (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Reap The Wind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reap The Wind

Mr. Perfect by Linda HowardHard Evidence by Pamela ClareUnlawful Contact by Pamela ClareAfter the Night by Linda HowardExtreme Exposure by Pamela Clare
Best Romantic Suspense
499th out of 1,220 books — 1,607 voters
Kerri's War by Stephen DouglassIf I Were You by Lisa Renee JonesFifty Shades Freed by E.L. JamesFifty Shades Darker by E.L. JamesFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James
Best Romance Trilogies
65th out of 81 books — 73 voters

More lists with this book...

Amanda
The back cover blurb talks about the importance of "secrets she's kept hidden" but after finishing the story I really couldn't tell you what the secrets were. Guess that means she did a good job keeping them?

The story wasn't bad. It was interesting and moved at a good pace.
ElaineY
AUDIOBOOK REVIEW; JULY 31, 2014
Narrator: Laurel Merlington

I read this when it first came out in paperback in 1991 and remember enjoying it very much. However, this time (23 years later) armed with both the Kindle and the audiobook, I realized I didn't remember a single detail. So this was like a new book to me and I ended up not enjoying it as much as I thought I would.

First, it's more of an action/adventure rather than a romantic mystery; an Indiana Jones ripoff - underground tunnels which open...more
Merredith
This is different than the other books by this author I've read. This is the third in a series (that i did not read) about the Wind Dancer, which is a (presumably fake) antique statue dating back at least to the time of Troy. That's really old. The main guy is a rich genius, and an evil genius is in love with him and obsessed with him, and trying to play a game with him over the wind dancer and killing everyone that the main guy cares about, which seemingly will bring the main guy into the evil...more
Sienny
this is the third book of the Wind Dancer series. but since i haven't read the first two books yet, i treated this one as a stand alone novel.

the synopsis didn't give the right image for the story, it's totally different. at the start, i expect it to be a book of serial killer and caitlin knew something about the killer or she has something the killer willing to kill for just to has it. but, it turns out to be a revenge book. caitlin has no secrets worth dying for to protect and got involved in...more
Okwuoma
This was ok. For me there were too many major players in this book! There was Alex and Caitlin, chelsea and jonathan, ledford, kemal, at one time even Peter and marisa. And she seem to use them larger than life, so they eclipsed the main characters. Chelsea was secondary and she seemed a stronger character than caitlin. Coming to think of it, I wasn't overly impressed by caitlin at all! Her character annoyingly vacillated over whether she was ruthless and blood thirsty, or a gentle soul without...more
Kristen
In one of Iris Johansen's classic earlier novels, Reap the Wind is the final installment in the Wind Dancer trilogy. Before Eve Duncan came onto the scene, meet Caitlin Vassaro. Set in present day France, she knew secrets she'd kept hidden all her life on the rich and powerful. They would do anything to possess her knowledge and to find out what she knew. Little did she know about what danger that placed her in, and how people would kill for her knowledge. When she struck a deal with Alex Kazaro...more
Joannie
Big fan of Iris Johansen. Even though I have read numerous books of her's and most of the time out of order they still keep me wanting to know what happens. She keeps you guessing in this book on the next turn. Great book I never even caught on when the one character turned out the way he did.
joyce lynn
great mystery w/ some added romance tossed in. the previous 2 books in this series are also historical pieces. kept me wanting to ignore EVERYTHING else til i finished the book, including sleeping and eating! i will DEFINTELY be reading more of Iris Johanssn's work, in fact, picked up #4 to this series today, which was addd onto the series like 10 years after the original 3 books were written. i have yet to actually read book #1 in this series, because i can't find it YET. i don't usually like r...more
Christy
I have read this book 10 times, at least, over the years. I have always loved it, and it is one of my go-to's. Very different from some of the other books by this author.
Never knew it was a part of a series until now!
Martip
I enjoyed the circle of people involved in this story. Many likeable characters with interesting ideas, hobbies, and experiences. There were strong romantic threads here which actually proved quite unconventional more than once...the WOMEN were the ones pushing away the love, and the men were the ones "smitten." Plenty of villain action, archeological action, rescue of "damaged" people including abused orphans action, and even "turncourt" or deceptive friend action. Lots to love in this book whi...more
Davecon
Third of a trilogy. Caitlin Vasaro, owner of the Vasaro flower farms
in south France grows flowers for perfumes. Her financial difficulties
ally her with Alex Karazov, a mysterious spy type and puzzle solver
who helps bankroll the introduction of a new perfume but also causes
the murder and maheim of her beloved mother and farm due to a crazy
fanatic Brian Ledford who steals the family heirloom statue called the
Wind Dancer. Along the way she grows up and becomes friends with
future 1st lady and movie...more
Cheryl
This is an early Iris Johansen. In fact, I haven't read the first two in the series.

The main character is a woman who runs a farm of flowers and scents. She is developing a new scent which encompasses the farm - Vascaro. A partner comes on board, someone with an ulterior motive, but good at heart. The story goes on to build on how they prepare to release this hot new scent until terror hits.

The story travels from Europe to Turkey to the States. I found new friends, new characters, and new fun....more
Laura Henderson
Def a good thriller/suspense.
Ralph McEwen
May 12, 2011 Ralph McEwen rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Mystery and or thriller readers
This book touches many of the emotions; love, hate, joy, despair, fear… This book touches many psychological states; obsession, passion, shock, depression … This goes many places; France, US, Turkey, England. The characters are well developed, some are lovable, despicable, enjoyable, strong, weak … The plot is complex and well executed. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and recommend it strongly to any readers of mystery / thriller.
This copy of the book is registered at bookcrossing.com and I hope...more
Gretchenmora Mora
I'll give this book a 3 1/2-4 just because I'm starved for some action/adventure and it hit the spot. There were some twists and turns and lots of insufferable bits about the main man/woman characters romance, but overall I did enjoy it. I probably should have read the first two books, but didn't know about them until I looked at the back of the book and saw a note from the author. A fun romp though not really worth seeking out. Just something I found on my Mom's bookshelf when I was bored.
Susan Obrien
I read only this book of the trilogy. I did not realize it was a trilogy but was able to pick up where it left off without problem. The book was a slow start but I continued reading anyway. The middle of the book began to get interesting and exciting until the end with some twists. I enjoy reading all Iris Johansen books but my favorites are the fast paced books that capture me from the start. Maybe, I should have read the trilogy in order....
Jintana
ไม่เคยอ่านของ Iris Johansen แต่อ่านรีวิวแล้วดูน่าสนใจดีและก็ชอบคนอ่านคนนี้ค่ะ เค้าออกเสียงได้ชัดทำให้ฟังไม่ยากและเค้าออกเสียงตัวละครแต่ละตัวได้แตกต่างทำให้ไม่สับสน เนื้อเรื่องก็เป็น romantic mystery ค่ะเกี่ยวกับงานศิลปะชิ้นหนึ่งที่นำพาพระเอกมาพบนางเอก อยากให้ 5 ดาวค่ะเสียดายว่า romance น้อยไปนิดเลยตัดคะแนนนิดหนึ่ง แต่ชอบตอนจบมากที่พระเอกบอกนางเอกว่า จะให้พระเอกทำอะไรก็ได้ขอให้ได้อยู่กับนางเอกสัก 50 ปี หลังจากนั้นค่อยมาตกลงกันใหม่ (น่ารักน่าหยิกจริง)
Kirstin
I loved it. I love all of Iris Johansen's novels. She is by far my favorite author.
Ronica
This is 3rd in a series, but can be read as a stand alone book.

I am a fan of Iris Johansen's work, so I thought the book was well written and the characters were well rounded. I was surprised by some of the twists in the story line, which is always a good thing. I will say that the male lead, Alex, was very mysterious and his role in the mystery was very slowly revealed. Nice suspense.
Carla Johnson-Hicks
Different from the others in this series, but still enjoyable.
♆ BookAddict ~ La Crimson Femme
I know Alex is a dangerous man. I still found him to be sexy and alluring. I guess it's true when they say the bad boys are so much more intriguing. Caitlin would disagree with me based upon principle, but she too succumbs. This third tie into the wind dancer statue was just as enjoyable as the first two.
Kristin
I liked this in that it was the perfect, mindless thriller/mystery for my trip to Corfu. It was definitely a nice break after an intense semester of lectures & coursework. It's not the type of book to expect any great writing or revelations from, but it is a good read when you just want to kick back and relax.
John Clayton
Who doesn't love a treasure hunt, I thought this was a romance novel at first with the way it starts and the introduction of Alex but boy was I wrong. Great page turner with more revealed the deeper you dig and trying to figure out what the real treasure is as a grip on you through out the whole book.
Denise
Dec 22, 2007 Denise rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone
The flow of the book, kept me reading for hours. I would have read the book straight through in one sitting if I had not started it at midnight. The book has gardening, art, intrigue, death, destruction, life, and best of all puzzles. The characters are likable, and understandable. .
Shari
This "Wind" series is set in the early 1500's and although it is very sad, it is intriguing and hard to not read through without wanting to cultivate Lavendar and Roses, I wish I had the time to create the gardens depicted in this series of books!
Barbra
This is the third in the 'Windancer' triology.

Back Cover Blurb:
Perfume mogul Caitlin Vosaro is certain that her dream of creating her own fragrance will never be realised as the family estate hovers on the brink of bankruptcy.
Cindy
Jan 07, 2011 Cindy added it
Johansen captures the readers' interest with her introduction and soon has one hooked within the first few chapters. I love the characters and the you are drawn into whatever internal or external battles they are fighting.
Heather
This is the first book in this series I have read. I didn't know it was part of a three part series. It wasn't bad... I am attempting to branch out from my usual authors. Although, I am staying in the same genre.
Jacqueline
Smart plot colorful writing in exotic lands. The pace of the story varies but the elusive Wind Dancer keeps you moving forward. Wish there was another in the trilogy- about Catlin Vasaro and Chelsea!
Debbie
I enjoyed this suspense novel very much. It has been a while since I have read an Iris Johansen novel. Very entertaining with lots of twists & turns.
Gore and More: I'm Reading Reap The Wind by Iris Johansen 1 2 Aug 25, 2013 07:23AM
  • After Caroline
  • Tell Me No Lies
  • Dark Paradise
  • Temptress (Medieval, #2)
Johansen began writing after her children left home for college. She first achieved success in the early 1980s writing category romances. In 1991, Johansen began writing suspense historical romance novels, starting with the publication of The Wind Dancer. In 1996 Johansen switched genres, turning to crime fiction, with which she has had great success. She had seventeen consecutive New York Times b...more
More about Iris Johansen...
The Killing Game (Eve Duncan, #2) The Face Of Deception (Eve Duncan, #1) The Search (Eve Duncan, #3) Eve (Eve, Quinn and Bonnie #1) Body of Lies (Eve Duncan, #4)