Start by marking “Perfectly Hopeless” as Want to Read:
Perfectly Hopeless

Perfectly Hopeless

Every summer, when the willow trees blow lazily in the breeze, Maven Wilder and her family go back to Portwood. At one time, she was sure she knew what love was. She thought she was in it, but not anymore.
Maven never expected to meet Henri Levitt that summer, the brown-haired, brown-eyed guy that keeps to himself and is always working odd jobs. Henri lives with his relativ
Paperback, Second
Published November 2015 by BookTrope (first published January 27th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Perfectly Hopeless, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Perfectly Hopeless

Nikki  Peterson
Mar 19, 2012 Nikki Peterson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: YA - Romance Fans
Recommended to Nikki by: ARR via Making Connections Group.
I loved this book! It had a fabulous story line. It rolled right along smoothly and that makes me a happy camper.

Maven and her family spend summer in Portwood every year. It's a tradition. However this year isn't going to be as fun. Her ex-boyfriend, Jake, and his family also vacation in Portwood for the summer. And Jake is a dink. He enjoys hurting Maven with his new girlfriend.

During one such occasion of Jake's dink-ish-ness. She meets a newer boy to the area, Henri. Henri tries to cheer her u
Brandi Salazar
Feb 08, 2012 Brandi Salazar rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hope is coming off of a bad breakup and is preparing herself to face the subject of her heartache. What she doesn't expect is to find someone who can take all the hurt away, making it a distant memory.

Henri is sick and he doesn't have much time left. His family wants him to stop being so self-sacrificing and grasp at any and every opportunity that comes his way if it means a chance at another hour, day, week, month, year. But Henri is tired and he can't see taking away someone else's shot at a
Silverana
Nov 27, 2012 Silverana rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: free-kindle
********SPOILERS*********Finally have the time to write a review. The story was so upsetting, I just couldn’t wait to write everything down. It is rare that that I give a low rating of 1 to books and although this was not a horribly terrible story, I found some of the elements of the story to be so negative that no matter how many times I thought of the good things, the negative just took over.

After reading all the positive reviews, I had a great urge to read it. I put it off a day or two since
Karen
May 16, 2012 Karen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
What I like about Holly Hood's books is that they are all different. Perfectly Hopeless is completely different from Ink, and yet I enjoyed it so much. I read the book in just a couple of hours, because I couldn't put it down.

Franjessca
Review also on Book Lovin' Mamas

I had a chance to read "Ink" by Holly Hood back last year and ever since I've adored Holly's writing style.
I've had "Perfectly Hopeless" waiting in my Kindle since the day it was published, but had to keep pushing it aside to read other books that were requested at the time for me to read. Well...I decided to put some books on hold so I can finally sit down and enjoy "Perfectly Hopeless".
Let's just say, my hubby's shirt whenever he was sitting near me was drenched
Alison
Feb 04, 2016 Alison rated it it was amazing
5 Stars!!!

I was given this book in turn for an honest review.

Maven and her family always spend summer in Portwood; unlike other years, Maven was dreading this summer. When she meets Henri, he opens her eyes and mends her broken heart; can Maven do the same for Henri or has fate already made its decision?

Holly Hood ripped my heart out with this heart wrenching, emotional, beautiful tragic story; I have been left with a heart full of hope, love and sadness. The tears flowed easily from my eyes as
Heather andrews
Aug 16, 2013 Heather andrews rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book had me crying, I mean seriously half way through the book with the way the turn events took I knew that something was gonna happen but I kept reading thinking well...maybe the author will surprise us and something different will happen did that happen nope, and I ended up bawling like a baby. Henri I loved him right away he's flirty, sweet, considerate, and not selfish, "is that your subtle attempt at getting me out of my shirt so you can see my bod?" I mean he's really considerate, ...more
Jessica Boyd
Aug 15, 2013 Jessica Boyd rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book, tears and all. I cried at a few points during the book and especially at the end. Maven stood by Henri through the toughest part of his life. Happiness even in the roughest times, you can bring happiness to the people around you when your acts are not selfish. This is a great read!
Alexis *Reality Bites*
FREE TODAY 8-16-13 on Amazon link: http://amzn.com/B0072X0AZ8
Jessica *The Lovely Books*
This is just me saying I did not like the book. Not one little bit.
Anastasia.
My Thoughts

Okay, so this isn’t the usual book’s I review, I mostly review, well, book’s that aren’t fully normal, they all have something messed up in it.

So I’m just going to list off everything I thought of this book.

At first I thought this was going to be like a lot of the other Romance type book’s I’ve read, there’s a good girl, the guy is messed up in some way, the girl changes him, and they live happily ever after. No, the guys is messed up in some way, but not the way you think, but the g
Kitty_20023
Nov 11, 2015 Kitty_20023 rated it really liked it
Overall Stars: 4 STARS

Summer love
Second chances

During a summer a girl will notice a boy and together they will find out what it means to fall in love

Virginia Lee
Nov 15, 2015 Virginia Lee rated it really liked it

This is my first read with this author and was not sure what to expect. I can say that was shock on how well the author was able to bring your emotions so strong to the front. It was very well written with the emotions that when you find love hold on tight, but live your life to the fullness every day cause you will never know when it can be gone. Maven is trying to get over the shock that he now ex-boyfriend cheated on her. With her family vacation in Portwood and to find out that Jake and his
Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog
3.25 Stars

You have been warned! ---->> (view spoiler)
Sonya Dodd
Aug 13, 2013 Sonya Dodd rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an amazing story about two young people who meet and discover a lot about themselves as well as each other in this tale of love and loss.
Maven is nursing a broken heart, still sore from discovering her boyfriend had been cheating on her. Henri is nursing an even darker secret, that he is dying.
You expect this book to be a straight forward predictable love story but it is not. Instead the writer takes you on a voyage with Maven and Henri as they both reach a calm acceptance about their re
Estelle Martinez
Perfectly hopeless will leave you upset smiling and in tears, the roller coaster of emotions this book takes you on is simply amazing, you have maven a girl being put through hell by her ex when along comes Henri someone who doesn't like to get close to people, these two come together in the best way but then tragedy strikes an you feel like everything is hopeless, but love is a funny thing and we all make memories, I was left in tears after reading this book and I still can't seem to get it out ...more
Kristi Mccall
Nov 24, 2012 Kristi Mccall rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading this is what just so freaking sad!! My heart still hurts. I just want to get over this book...

All in all it was a good book. I tend to stay away from books I know will give me a major heartache. I bought this on a whelm and read it and half way through I wanted to hate it but I couldn't. He was so sweet and so charming. & she was falling hopelessly in love with him.

If you don't like books that make you cry like a big ol baby then don't read it. It was a good story though.
PhobicPrerogative
Dec 22, 2012 PhobicPrerogative rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Lovely book cover, but its contents left me with a whole lotta nothing.

There were SO MANY spelling and grammatical mistakes, and I wondered whether I'd gotten a bum copy that hadn't been appropriately edited.
"Then" instead of "than", the use of the word "anymore" in such a way that sentences didn't make any sense...

I was rather disappointed in the romance aspect of this story. I don't know why, but I couldn't really feel the love between Henri and Maven.
At the end of the story, we were left wit
Dena
This book was amazing and I'm was totally enthralled with the story. The characters really draw the reader into the book with the strong emotions. I was totally taken back with the brilliance of the storyline.
Overall if your looking for a book with a happily ever after this isn't the book for you. This book is about grief and turmoil.
R.J. Nicolson
Nov 14, 2015 R.J. Nicolson rated it really liked it
my friend recommended this book to me after she read it and absolutely loved it. It didnt disappoint the story is a really beautiful one with its emotional storyline and characters. this story isnt just a love story its also full of sorrow. if you liked my sisters keeper and the fault in their stars this book you is for you.
Jazzy
Oct 28, 2012 Jazzy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is one of the few honest books I've read about death. Most of them end up with a miracle happening and a cute couple ending up enjoying forever together. This book is realistic in the nicest way possible. I loved how it is a story that could happen to anybody really, making me review the way I view death and love, two separate things that could be easily mixed up in a batter.
Rebecca Berto
Started promising but I quickly disconnected. Skipped pages and skimmed the ending. Characters spoke weirdly for teenagers. Story felt rushed. The two main characters sometimes acted in ways I feltI felt were immature. Quite disappointing as the story wore on.
Lisa
Sep 08, 2013 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So much emotion packed into one book. Broken hearts from your first love. Learning to move on. Not being able to pick who you heart chooses. Death. It's all packed into this one. Maven's journey through the summer touched me. However, I wasn't thrilled with the ending. I want happy endings.
Amandarados
Aug 19, 2013 Amandarados rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! I couldn't put this book down! It was a nice quick read.. I haven't cried over a book since how to kill a rock star.. The authors way of getting the young lovers feelings across was beautiful.. Can't believe this was free on amazon!!!
Sharon
Feb 14, 2012 Sharon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book has few ratings, but it is WONDERFULL.
i finished the last part this morning,crying me eyes out.
The feelings,caracters,the story just sweeps you away and you feel it all,i really enjoyed it.
Tash
Sep 17, 2014 Tash rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed for Booked Up . Stay tuned for the review to be posted on Booked Up's goodreads account and the Blog
Jess
Mar 02, 2012 Jess rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Why do I always get books with saddest stories that make me cry like a freaking baby! (I know it's my own fault, dammit).
Teresa Coleman
I loved it I cried like a baby ):) I'm so praying Holly will have a second book with Flynn and Maven!!!! Please !
Dena
Apr 27, 2015 Dena rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very moving, loving, and enjoyable. I am still crying. It's a sad and loveable book about true love. Worth the read
Say
Jun 27, 2012 Say rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: june-2012-reads
The story was just ok. It was sad yeah, but I just didn't connect with the characters. And the cover? WRONG AND MISLEADING tsk tsk tsk.......
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Making Connections: 957. - PERFECTLY HOPELESS by Holly Hood 3 60 Sep 05, 2013 12:09PM
  • Found (Penny Black #1)
  • Fighting Faith
  • Weak Flesh
  • Belted
  • The Name of the Game
  • A Werewolf's Tale (Forbidden Alliance, #1)
  • Running From Fate
  • The Seven Devils
  • Getting Real
  • The Broken Road (The Broken Road, #1)
  • Howl (Kane Wolves, #1)
  • It's In His Kiss
  • Killing Kate
  • LOVE.com
  • Necessary Detour
  • Serial Summer
  • Falling in Love with Crazy
  • Incidental Happenstance
I would rather listen to music than watch tv. Like One Republic, Justin Timberlake, Avenged Sevenfold. My taste goes from one extreme to the next. I am always searching for new bands. Have any? Let me know.

I'm currently on a smoothie kick. And I love it. I'm addicted to blurays and reality television when I am watching.

I love reading but most of my time is taken up by books that pertain to writing
More about Holly Hood...

“Would you guys choose to walk away from possibly the most incredible encounter of your lifetime just because you had to let it go sooner then you wanted? Just because you knew that it would never be?” 7 likes
“Dying was misery. Death was that period at the end of the sentence.” 3 likes