Positive Perspectives 2: Know Your Dog, Train Your Dog

Positive Perspectives 2: Know Your Dog, Train Your Dog

4.5 of 5 stars 4.50  ·  rating details  ·  38 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Learning about dog behavior has never been easier! The more you know about dog behavior, the easier it is to become a more effective trainer. Pat Miller's writing is a pleasure to read as she explains sophisticated training and behavior concepts in a way that both professional dog trainers and the average dog owner can understand and apply. Open the book to any chapter and...more
Published January 1st 2008 by Dogwise Publishing

Amanda
After reading this book from the library, I've decided I need to buy a copy of my own to re-read, mark up, and have as a reference... and I don't even own a dog yet. But when I do, I will be using Pat Miller's tips and techniques!
Mary
This is a book I'll be rereading occasionally as there are so many helpful tips on how to train your dog to be socially appropriate. Miller reminds us to be consistent, calm and observant with our dogs. Heck, that's good advice for dealing with humans!
Christine
Can you say "whoops" instead of "no" and my crew of 3 were literally sitting within one minute? ONE minute. Peace now reigns. We still have a long way to go, but yay for Pat Miller, her website, and her recommendations for other books as well. Treats! Love! Peace!

What sold me was a comment about Pat being the trainers' trainer. She is concrete in her directions to the owner--a definite how to--and not shoulda, woulda, coulda.

Liz
Just a fantastic dog behavior/training book. One of the top few I've read - and I've read a lot. It not only gives you the insight and explanations about why and how dogs think and behave the way they do, it also gives you the practical guidance for training.
Christine Yeannakis
Engaging and informative for trainers and owners with some experience. Worth owning even if you have other books by this author.
Amanda Mullikin
Amanda Mullikin marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Brenda
Brenda marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2014
Milotmehmeti
Milotmehmeti marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2014
Lesley
Lesley marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2014
Michy
Michy marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2014
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2014
Meren
Meren added it
Dec 31, 2013
Sara Lorance
Sara Lorance marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2013
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2013
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2013
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2013
Flash Beagle
Flash Beagle marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2013
Olivia
Olivia marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The Power of Positive Dog Training Squirrel's New Year's Resolution Do Over Dogs: Give Your Dog A Second Chance For A First Class Life (Dogwise Training Manual) We're Going on a Book Hunt Play with Your Dog (Dogwise Training Manual)