Start by marking “Lewis And Clark” as Want to Read:
Lewis And Clark
Preview

Lewis And Clark (In Their Own Words)

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  86 ratings  ·  14 reviews
This book tells the exciting story of Lewis and Clark's famous expedition West, drawing on the explorers' journals and other primary sources.
Published September 1st 2000 by Scholastic Inc.

Joe
Lewis and Clark by George Sullivan

Book Summary:
Lewis and Clark is a book about two men who explored the western United States between 1804 and 1806 in search for new land. Thomas Jefferson, who was President at the time, recruited them to discover the land of the Louisiana Purchase. The book uses Clarks journal from the expedition. It talks about the people they met and the difficult times they had along the journey. They met probably the most famous American Indian named Sacagawea. She was a Sh
Kody Wood
I liked this book because it was really interesting and it made you feel like you were there with Lewis and Clark on there journey to the pacific. It really described there journey and how they encounterd indians on the way and how they had to carry there boats on land for miles before they could putt them back in the water because the river would be so dry in some areas. This book starts out with president Jefferson asks Lewis to lead the expiditon and Lewis decides to bring Clark aong with him ...more
Jessica Bernard
Jan 03, 2015 Jessica Bernard added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
I am not sure if this is the same book. I read it when my grandmother lived with my parents before she died. There is a quote in it that I love about how Lewis and Clarks' thoughts combined like salt in water.That might have been an excerpt from one of their journals too.
Hiba Saade
For this book, I think people that are very interested in U.S history will like it. At first, it was written in an attractive way especially when President Jefferson named the captains to head the journey which had a lot of suspense.. later on when the journey began, it became somehow boring and had so much details about meeting the tribes( which wasn't entertaining at all) and when the expedition reached the Rockies, the description about crossing the river made the situation worse.
Luca
I really didn't get the story and I don't think it's the type of book I would read.I gave this book a one star because I really didn't like it or get it.
Dayna Smith
This is a series of nonfiction biographies of famous people. The books are written in a way that is easy to understand and are full of pictures, illustrations, and graphics that are sure to intrigue young readers. The series includes: Helen Keller, Abraham Lincoln, Lewis & Clark, Paul Revere, Pocahontas, The Wright Brothers, and Thomas Edison. These are great books to introduce readers to nonfiction.
Crystal
It's hard to read Lewis and Clark without noticing their spelling, but this time I am poignantly reminded how much happier my seventh grade native-speakers would have been before formalized spelling!
Now I've finished and I have lent it to my husband who is reading a book about the Sioux and had been asking me about them recently!
Lori
Second In2Books for Maya. It was interesting to read about the expedition and the kind treatment given to the explorers and the Indians. Mentioned Fallen Timbers, that Clark was in the battle.
Steve
stephen is doing this for book report. A bit on the challenging side for 3rd grade reader. Pretty good story telling like version of expedition.
Kimberly
Dec 27, 2010 Kimberly rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who needs to learn about Lewis and Clark
Shelves: biographies
Pretty good but it dragged on forever! They soooooooooooo cooould've made it better but full of facts

guided reading level: T
Naomi
Made a story that could be very exciting a little dry. Lots of information, though.
Kathy
Fast read. Very enjoyable. It was like a mini history lesson.
Shawn Clancy
great story the are brave men
Christie Clark
Christie Clark marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Wade
Wade is currently reading it
Apr 05, 2015
Mindy
Mindy marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Harsaevak Yogi
Harsaevak Yogi marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Laura marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Jenni
Jenni marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
Mints
Mints marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
Thomas Crisp
Thomas Crisp marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
Nancy B Reese
Nancy B Reese marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
George Sullivan is a best-selling nonfiction author with more than 100 books to his credit. He lives in New York City.
More about George Sullivan...

In Their Own Words (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Betsy Ross
  • Thomas Edison
  • Harriet Tubman
  • Helen Keller
  • In Their Own Words Christopher Columbus
Helen Keller Tom Thumb: The Remarkable True Story of a Man in Miniature Helen Keller: Her Life In Pictures Great Escapes of World War II Abraham Lincoln