Start by marking “Lewis And Clark” as Want to Read:
Lewis And Clark

Lewis And Clark (In Their Own Words)

3.52  ·  Rating Details  ·  107 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
This book tells the exciting story of Lewis and Clark's famous expedition West, drawing on the explorers' journals and other primary sources.
Published September 1st 2000 by Scholastic Inc.

Joe
Mar 09, 2015 Joe rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lewis and Clark by George Sullivan

Book Summary:
Lewis and Clark is a book about two men who explored the western United States between 1804 and 1806 in search for new land. Thomas Jefferson, who was President at the time, recruited them to discover the land of the Louisiana Purchase. The book uses Clarks journal from the expedition. It talks about the people they met and the difficult times they had along the journey. They met probably the most famous American Indian named Sacagawea. She was a Sh
Kody Wood
Dec 13, 2011 Kody Wood rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book because it was really interesting and it made you feel like you were there with Lewis and Clark on there journey to the pacific. It really described there journey and how they encounterd indians on the way and how they had to carry there boats on land for miles before they could putt them back in the water because the river would be so dry in some areas. This book starts out with president Jefferson asks Lewis to lead the expiditon and Lewis decides to bring Clark aong with him ...more
Jessica Bernard
Jan 03, 2015 Jessica Bernard added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
I am not sure if this is the same book. I read it when my grandmother lived with my parents before she died. There is a quote in it that I love about how Lewis and Clarks' thoughts combined like salt in water.That might have been an excerpt from one of their journals too.
Luca
Feb 04, 2015 Luca rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I really didn't get the story and I don't think it's the type of book I would read.I gave this book a one star because I really didn't like it or get it.
Dayna Smith
Feb 08, 2014 Dayna Smith rated it liked it
Shelves: teen-nonfiction
This is a series of nonfiction biographies of famous people. The books are written in a way that is easy to understand and are full of pictures, illustrations, and graphics that are sure to intrigue young readers. The series includes: Helen Keller, Abraham Lincoln, Lewis & Clark, Paul Revere, Pocahontas, The Wright Brothers, and Thomas Edison. These are great books to introduce readers to nonfiction.
Crystal
It's hard to read Lewis and Clark without noticing their spelling, but this time I am poignantly reminded how much happier my seventh grade native-speakers would have been before formalized spelling!
Now I've finished and I have lent it to my husband who is reading a book about the Sioux and had been asking me about them recently!
Ms. Mielke's Class Make sure you post how your sheets tell you to!!!!
It was okay to me. It's surprising how early Lewis and Clark die. It will tell you at the end of the book. Their story was pretty exciting to me.RH

The book was pretty good. They went on a 2 year journey from ST. Louis, Missouri, to the Pacific ocean and back again and that was really interesting. KD
Lori
Second In2Books for Maya. It was interesting to read about the expedition and the kind treatment given to the explorers and the Indians. Mentioned Fallen Timbers, that Clark was in the battle.
Steve
Apr 28, 2012 Steve rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-to-kids
stephen is doing this for book report. A bit on the challenging side for 3rd grade reader. Pretty good story telling like version of expedition.
Kimberly
Dec 27, 2010 Kimberly rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who needs to learn about Lewis and Clark
Shelves: biographies
Pretty good but it dragged on forever! They soooooooooooo cooould've made it better but full of facts

guided reading level: T
Naomi
Made a story that could be very exciting a little dry. Lots of information, though.
Kathy
Aug 09, 2011 Kathy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fast read. Very enjoyable. It was like a mini history lesson.
Shawn Clancy
Dec 27, 2010 Shawn Clancy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
great story the are brave men
Nicolaus
Nicolaus marked it as to-read
May 27, 2016
Leah
Leah marked it as to-read
May 16, 2016
Jazmine Davis
Jazmine Davis rated it it was ok
May 12, 2016
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
Trisadee Mcmillan
Trisadee Mcmillan marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
Chelsea Simmons
Chelsea Simmons marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2016
James L Jessup
James L Jessup marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
Brandon
Brandon marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2016
Sarah added it
Apr 16, 2016
Kandice Nelson
Kandice Nelson marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2016
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2016
Jason E
Jason E rated it it was ok
Mar 01, 2016
Brian
Brian marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2016
Tracie Bailey
Tracie Bailey marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2016
  • Nathanael Greene: A Biography of the American Revolution
  • 10,000 Days of Thunder: A History of the Vietnam War
  • The Black Dragons
  • Five 4ths of July
  • The Land of the Dead (Tales from the Odyssey, #2)
  • Katherine: Heart of Freedom (Hearts and Dreams, #1)
  • Shadow Patriots: A Novel of the Revolution
George Sullivan is a best-selling nonfiction author with more than 100 books to his credit. He lives in New York City.
More about George Sullivan...

In Their Own Words (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Betsy Ross