Start by marking “Giver of Light (Kindred, #4)” as Want to Read:
Giver of Light (Kindred, #4)

Giver of Light (Kindred #4)

Recovering from recent losses, Lucinda find
ebook
Published October 14th 2015 (first published June 25th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Giver of Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Giver of Light

Deborah
Oct 10, 2015 Deborah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Now it's getting good.

This was my favourite book so far in this series and that's mainly because Lucinda herself was less annoying, if you haven't read my reviews of the previous books then to summarise she drove me nuts, she has a hot handsome vampire as her kindred, one she admits she loves but she seems unable to commit to then she's like a dog in heat with nearly every other man around.
Anyway she's more or less come to terms with the fact that her kindred is perfect for her, finally.
Danger c
Tiffany
*Happy Happy, Joy Joy*

Seriously ecstatic at where this series has ended up so far. Without actually giving away anything, I will simple say that this book was just fantabulous. Filled with every emotion I could probably think of and yet this book still flows wonderfully. I'm not sure I have ever read a story that has allowed me to feel the connection and love between two people the way that i can with Michel and Luce. It is just an amazing thing to see and feel amongst everything else that goes
Ute
Jul 23, 2012 Ute rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This 4th book of the series did not disappoint all my expectation I had at the beginning. In fact, it is my fav at this point.

Action, grieve, seemingly the end of the problems - but only to see the reader, that he was wrong and that it is only the beginning of another big ride.

Love all the current characters, they're not predictable at all, which adds to the entertaining story and it gets more interesting with every book.

Nicola Claire wrote another great book, which made me fever for book 5
Kyra Dunst
Jan 31, 2014 Kyra Dunst rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is such a rich and wonderfully written series. Nicolas Claire has created a complex world of vampires, and other supernatural beings,that feel so real you have to wonder if she isn't writing from experience. The characters are flesh and blood, the situations believable and impossible at the same time. Michel and Lucinda are a perfectly complex couple. I love this series and cannot wait to read more.
Keira
May 08, 2015 Keira rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great installment! Nicola has stolen my heart. I absolutely love her writing and creativity. She dives into the world of Lucinda, Michel and the gang. There was so much action pack as soon as I started reading.

We jump into the world of Lucinda, which is never a dull moment. We get to see what happens to her when she is with the American Vampire Jonathan. And how it affects her and Michel physical and mentally as being bonded. Just being away for so long affects them both to the point wh
Margaret
Mar 11, 2015 Margaret rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*'His lips met mine again, this time in a slow, soft caress, conveying everything he had just said in those beautiful words that had reached my very soul. I could have drowned in that kiss. I could have lived there for eternity. It filled me up with everything I needed to survive. He gave me life through his lips and I treasured it.'*

Recovering from recent losses, Lucinda finds herself in a Dark place. She starts to doubt who she has become. She seeks reassurance, that despite the Prophesy and w
Whitney (Shooting Stars Reviews)
Reviewed by Whitney@Shooting Stars Reviews

In the fourth book of the Kindred series, Lucinda and Michel are being tested again. This time it may be their greatest challenge yet. They are going to have a whole lot of problems from the American vampires now. Not only that but these two will also face a whole lot more drama added into the mix as well. They must each try to figure it out before it is much too late.

This book was okay. I didn't like it as much as some of the previous books, but it was
Clarke
Sep 19, 2013 Clarke rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my favorite book in the series. It's a break in SSDD routine. Not only is it different in setting and tone but wraps up a lot of things nicely. It felt almost like an end to the series. I know there are other books so I figured it was a pause before everything changes so this will be my last book. I loved Michel's chapter at the end again. I would warn you before you read the next book to think long and hard about if you're ok with everything changing...

Like the others I wasn't sure if I
Tasha Mahoney
Jul 22, 2015 Tasha Mahoney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sexy-stuff, vampire
Hi. Ok, if you have read my other reviews of this book series then you will know that I have become a huge fan of them. If not then a quick recap. This series is completely out of my reading comfort zone but it has completely drawn me. sexy supernatural stuff, exciting and the writing really flows beautifully making it easy to keep up with the various plots taking place all at once. Ok then. Now onto my opinion of this book.. Wow, the others have been great but they pale in comparison to this ...more
Salmo
Genre: Paranormal, Romance, Urban Fantasy
Rating: 5 Stars (would be 6 if I could give it!)

This fourth installment in the Kindred Series blew me away. From page one I was emotionally involved in the story. Feeling everything Lucinda felt, empathising with everything she and Michel were going through. And then things turned really heart wrenching. The pace was excellent, the-edge-of- your-seat atmosphere brilliant, the adventure and confrontations exciting. And then the ending. I still can't stop d
Stacy Gallina
May 19, 2016 Stacy Gallina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best by far

This has been the next book of the series so far. Lucinda and Michael are actually in a good place in their relationship. Lucinda was actually not irritating in this book. She actually treated Michael right and showed him she loves him. There was an unexpected betrayal, boy was it surprising. Plenty of action and everything comes to a head. It was just a great book overall.

On another note, I enjoy Michael's POV at the end of the book. I must wish the author included his POV throughout
Nicole
3...4? I was frustrated with how some of Lucinda's powers were overlooked, how things worked at times but not others, and I wish the book was set at a faster pace, but am glad to see the Kindreds get on the same page. Seeing the description for the next book, it's probably best I stop this series... For now at least. The master of the city was my favorite part of the book. Well, besides "Nut," seriously... Who names a goddess "semen?" I just can't!!??!!
Claire Cronin
Jul 06, 2016 Claire Cronin rated it it was amazing
4th book in this series, and they just keep getting better!! Love how the plot twists and turns throwing you in a different direction. Characters are fab, even the sub-characters, all add to the story. Fascinating to see Michel and Lucinda's relationship and how it changes and grows. Lots to deal with in this book, won't give the storyline away, but they have a lot of hurdles to jump, that seem never ending!! Love this series, diving into the next one now!!
Laurie Hopkins
Mar 12, 2016 Laurie Hopkins rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Giver of light

I knew I had a reason to fear reading this book, but loved the ending. Now why can't we end the series here...the next couple sound worse. I think I will be shedding more tears.
Princess Kari
Aug 13, 2015 Princess Kari rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just currently finished it. I can't believe it. It seems like the books get better and better as the series goes on(: can't wait to read the next one
Angarad
Jun 17, 2014 Angarad rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Again, a great story. From surprises to surprises, shock to resolution, separation to reunion. Ups and downs that make it so hard to put this book down!!
Natalia
Natalia rated it really liked it
Sep 29, 2014
julie simons
julie simons rated it it was amazing
Dec 03, 2016
Laura Scott
Laura Scott rated it really liked it
Nov 26, 2014
Julie
Julie rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2015
Bambi Unbridled
Bambi Unbridled rated it it was amazing
Mar 31, 2014
John Lewis
John Lewis rated it it was amazing
Apr 18, 2016
Kris
Kris rated it it was amazing
Oct 06, 2014
Sharon Boucard
Sharon Boucard rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2013
Samantha
Samantha rated it it was ok
Mar 10, 2015
Michele bookloverforever
part of a series. good story. decent characters
Michelle Phillips
Michelle Phillips rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2015
Teresa B.
Teresa B. rated it really liked it
Oct 22, 2013
Labree Hans
Labree Hans rated it really liked it
Oct 24, 2014
Brandy Brown
Brandy Brown rated it really liked it
Jul 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • September Moon (Alexa O'Brien, Huntress, #8)
  • Head Above Water (Gemini, #2)
  • All Hell Breaks Loose (Hellcat, #2)
  • Secret Unleashed (Secret McQueen, #6)
  • The Shifting Price of Prey (Spellcrackers.com, #4)
  • Zombie's Bite (Dorina Basarab, #0.1)
  • Kiss of Death (Kiss Trilogy, #2)
  • Temptation (Journal of the Wolves of Spruce Hollow, #1)
  • Wrath (Soul Savers, #5)
  • Rebel's Honor (Crown of Blood #1)
  • Matched in Heaven
  • Black In White (Quentin Black Mystery, #1)
5831941
Nicola Claire lives in beautiful Taupo, New Zealand with her husband and two young boys.

She has a passion for all things suspenseful, spiced up with a good dollop of romance, as long as they include strong characters - alpha males and capable females - and worlds which although make-believe are really quite believable in the end.

Creating rich stories with dynamic characters and unexpected twists
More about Nicola Claire...

Kindred (9 books)
  • Kindred (Kindred, #1)
  • Blood Life Seeker (Kindred, #2)
  • Forbidden Drink (Kindred, #3)
  • Dancing Dragon (Kindred, #5)
  • Shadow's Light (Kindred, # 6)
  • Entwined with the Dark (Kindred, # 7)
  • Kiss of the Dragon (Kindred, # 8)
  • Blood Enchanted (Blood Enchanted, #1)

“Such impatience, my love, we have all day.” “I won't last all day, Michel, get a move on.” “Now, who is in command here, ma douce? It seems to me that I have you exactly where I want you, naked on my bed beneath me. I am in charge, not you.” 0 likes
“The first drop was followed by a second. Same spot, same routine. Across my eyelid, out past the corner of my eye and then slowly, following the track of the previous drop, down my cheek. This time making it as far as my neck before I reached for it. As soon as it was wiped away another followed. If this was Chinese water torture, it was doing a damn fine job.” 0 likes