Start by marking “Oh My Oh My Oh Dinosaurs!” as Want to Read:
Oh My Oh My Oh Dinosaurs!

Oh My Oh My Oh Dinosaurs!

4.12  ·  Rating Details ·  2,716 Ratings  ·  100 Reviews
Sunbathing dinosaurs and artistic dinosaurs, dancing dinosaurs and volleyball-playing dinosaurs make learning opposites fun! From Boynton on Board, the bestselling series of extra-big, extra-fat, extra-appealing board books, Oh My Oh My Oh Dinosaurs! features the inimitable Sandra Boyntonís colorful, humorous drawings and lively text.

Dinosaurs EARLY.
Dinosaurs LATER.
Dino
Board book, 24 pages
Published October 1st 1993 by Workman Publishing Company

To ask other readers questions about Oh My Oh My Oh Dinosaurs!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Oh My Oh My Oh Dinosaurs!

Suzy
Oct 06, 2015 Suzy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids, made-me-smile
What a delight to have my great niece and nephews (ages 3-8) read this to me. I love Boynton! This is a fun walk through opposites(good/bad, large/small, happy/sad, etc.) illustrated with dinosaurs.
Tori Sandifer
Apr 14, 2014 Tori Sandifer rated it it was amazing
This is the best book I've read this decade. I read it to the one year old I'm babysitting 15 times and it's still funny.
Aneesa
Aug 12, 2016 Aneesa rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
A board book with a conclusion instead of an abrupt ending like someone forgot the last page!
Drew Graham
Feb 02, 2016 Drew Graham rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids
Dinosaurs come in all shapes, sizes, colors and looks (however crazy those looks might be).

This large board book is another great SB selection, this time featuring a colorful cast of dinosaurs, which of course are always popular at our house. This reminds me (for obvious reasons) of another favorite, Dinosaur Roar!, but I almost think I like this one better, at least as far as the illustrations and various dinorepresentations go. Her books always have a great flow and plenty of amusing things to
Valerie
Aug 21, 2008 Valerie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-the-boys
Sandra Boynton is a family favorite.
Karl
Apr 16, 2008 Karl rated it it was amazing
Everyone likes dinosaurs.
J Marsano
Jan 09, 2013 J Marsano rated it really liked it
Shelves: infant-toddler
Science says that dinosaurs were either kidnapped by aliens from the Pleiades or died when a killer lawyer asteroid made litigious contact with the planet Earth. In fact, the dinosaurs are alive and well in the Sandra Boynton universe. Here, they busy themselves with teaching toddlers about colours, directionality, adjectives and antonyms. Not bad for a board book.

It's short and fun and your toddler or preschooler will probably love this. All the illustrations are done in the inimitable Boynton
Matt Vagts
Mar 23, 2016 Matt Vagts added it
Shelves: picture
Picture book #8
This book mostly deals with opposites for beginning readers. It uses dinosaurs to show many opposites and it also includes a little child humor throughout the book as well. There are very words per page making it easy to read.
Jen
May 07, 2016 Jen rated it liked it
Shelves: kids, own, for-the-bebe
I bought this for Elo for her 2nd birthday party, which was loosely dinosaur themed, and she LOVES dinosaurs. We went to the Museum of Science to see the dinosaurs! Alas, she has zero interest in this one so far.
Tanya
Mar 03, 2016 Tanya rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens, i-own-it
My second favorite Boynton book - I loved reading this one with various voices to express the emotions of all the cute dinosaurs. My daughters especially loved the naughty little "bad" dinosaur!
Kathy
Jun 25, 2009 Kathy rated it it was amazing
Andy asks for this book again and again, back to back. We have to start and end the day by reading this. And he giggles through it every time. It is a good book for talking about opposites and colors, but mainly just a really fun read. We made up signs for various adjectives (shivering for 'dinosaurs cold,' flexing our muscles for 'dinosaurs strong,' etc.) and Andy does them while we read. He even does them when looking through the book on his own. It's really cute. And when the dinosaurs get st ...more
Sandra Hausmann
Feb 19, 2015 Sandra Hausmann rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite books to read out loud. Children and adults alike will love the fun rhythms of Sandra Boynton's dinosaurs, and the charming photos add to the joy of the event.
Leslie
Jan 12, 2016 Leslie rated it really liked it
I am totally including this in my book reading challenge because my son has me read this multiple times a day and by the end of the year, that is going to add up. ;)
MsFictitious
Aug 16, 2015 MsFictitious rated it it was ok
This rhyming book of opposites has some pretty ugly illustrations and questionable choices for matching the text. Good/bad, weak/strong, and plump/lean all fell short.
Lydia
Jan 28, 2016 Lydia rated it really liked it
Shelves: board-books, animals
We read this book all the time. It is a super fun read, that is both silly and cute. The rhyme scheme is nice and the pictures are great. Lydia enjoys it.
Thuy
Jan 06, 2016 Thuy rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids
not my favorite SB book to read..but definitely one of the better ones. im still partial to "the going to bed book" and "the barnyard dance"
Michelle Dalrymple
Love her books!

My dinosaur lover loves this book. Great way to work on opposites! Great value...plus my guy can't eat the pages!
Dorathy
Jul 27, 2014 Dorathy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: board-book
I love this book and so did my daughter. For years this was the #1 choice at bedtime. Use this in the pre-k to 2nd grade classroom to introduce/teach opposites, adjectives, and imagery.
Kelly  Schuknecht
Oct 21, 2010 Kelly Schuknecht rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids
Sandra Boynton books are all a lot of fun to read to little ones, but this one is my favorite. I have the best memories reading this with each of my kids when they were little. As the reader, you can act out pages as you read and the kids will start to play along. My daughter would watch my face intently as I would read "dinosaurs SAD" and "dinosaurs BAD." My boys would giggle as I poked the dinosaurs and read "dinosaurs SPINY" and we'd all yell "OUCH!"

Over the last five years I have probably r
Alice
Aug 18, 2015 Alice rated it liked it
3.25 stars If you like simple cute books about dinosaurs...look no further!! This a cute easy reader one! ENJOY!!
Jenny
Dec 02, 2015 Jenny rated it really liked it
Catchy, my niece loved it, or maybe she just loved the voice i read it in, either way, thumbs up.
Chris Haggqvist
Jul 19, 2014 Chris Haggqvist rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
It is cute, has lots of dinosaurs, rhymes and my 2 year old loves it and wants to hear it time and time again. Enough said.
Melaine
Jan 15, 2016 Melaine rated it it was amazing
This has been a favorite in our house for many years
Anna Nowinski
Sep 26, 2015 Anna Nowinski rated it really liked it
Cute rhyming scheme and I am very pro-dinosaurs
Beth
Apr 20, 2014 Beth rated it really liked it
I love anything with dinosaurs. This was cute.
Michelle Gray
Aug 26, 2015 Michelle Gray rated it really liked it
So many smiles when reading this book!
Bonnie
Jul 21, 2014 Bonnie rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
Dinosaurs. What more could you ask for?
Leire
Mar 07, 2014 Leire rated it it was amazing
oh lovely book of my childhood :')
Craig
Sep 17, 2012 Craig rated it liked it
Another Sandra Boynton book, another hit with Chloe. Dinosaurs cute, Dinosaurs not gives her some trouble as she thinks the "nots" are cute as well. Also, she thinks the "bad" dinosaurs are just sad, but that is probably a big ball of psychology that we need to deal with much later.

She particularly likes saying "dinosaurs crammed in a "chloe-vator" rather than elevator.

a fun read. In heavy bedtime rotation right now.
jacky
May 07, 2010 jacky rated it liked it
Recommends it for: toddlers, preschoolers, the dinosaur obessed
Shelves: lib-lew, board-books
We missed story time, so Natalie walked me around the children's room. I let her stand holding herself up with the board book shelves and I saw this. I thought, dinosaurs and Sandra Boynton! This should be great! Well, it was just okay. I wanted it to be more quirky, like All the Hippos Go Beserk, but it was really more of an opposites / adjectives book. Still fun, but not awesome.
  • How Do Dinosaurs Play with Their Friends?
  • Touch & Feel: FARM
  • Tumble Bumble
  • Peek-a-Who?
  • Llama Llama Nighty-Night
  • So Many Bunnies: A Bedtime ABC and Counting Book
Sandra Keith Boynton is a popular American humorist, songwriter, children's author and illustrator. Boynton has written and illustrated more than forty books for both children and adults, as well as over four thousand greeting cards, and four music albums. Although she does not license her characters to be redrawn or adapted, she has herself designed—for various companies—calendars, wallpaper, bed ...more
More about Sandra Boynton...