Start by marking “Evolutionary Biology” as Want to Read:
Evolutionary Biology

Evolutionary Biology

3.96  ·  Rating Details  ·  57 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Covers the genetic, developmental, and ecological mechanisms of evolutionary change, the major features of evolutionary history as revealed by phylogenetic and paleontological studies, and material on adaptation, molecular evolution, co-evolution, and human evolution.
Hardcover, Second Edition, 600 pages
Published November 1st 1986 by Sinauer Associates (first published 1979)

To ask other readers questions about Evolutionary Biology, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Evolutionary Biology

Jared Lee
Dec 29, 2010 Jared Lee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This textbook is by far one of the best books on evolutionary biology. It is designed for an undergraduate university course, but the author provides background and information that will allow a more general audience of interested readers to grasp the concepts. The author organizes the concepts well and builds upon them throughout the book. The text is accompanied by the usual features of a textbook, most notably, good figures and tables, separate boxes with more specialized info on particular t ...more
Dark-Draco
Apr 28, 2013 Dark-Draco rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
I found this book absolutely brilliant while I was in college - it makes some interesting points and has lots of great diagrams to get them across. Unfortunately, I can't think I'll ever have to refer to it again, and, to be honest, find that some of it goes over my head now - been out of the field for too long!!
Joey Zhouyuan
Oct 02, 2015 Joey Zhouyuan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
(Fast read) Inspiring graphics and see an overall picture through the explanation and summary in the book. Lack of update which the same opinion as other readers; however, maybe the classical doesn't need too frequent updates.
Irwan
Aug 07, 2007 Irwan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: references
Part of a sylabus of the Evolutionary Biology course. Took it out of curiousity. I had heard too much about people condemning it previously.

One semester working on it, never once we discussed about whether man descended from apes :-)
Kevin
Nov 18, 2013 Kevin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok book, better than "Evolution" by the same author. I would suggest the Ancestors Tale by Dawkins as an evolution review prior to prelims. Sit in on classes instead of reading this book.
Megan
I read a couple of chapters of this until it was due back to the library, but I had the old edition. I think I'll pick it up again at some point and try to get the newer version.
Tori
Evolutionary Biology by Douglas J. Futuyma (1997)
Sara Grove
Oct 14, 2008 Sara Grove rated it really liked it
SHOOT ME!
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2016
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2016
Saurabh Bembade
Saurabh Bembade marked it as to-read
May 23, 2016
Paul Sapun
Paul Sapun rated it really liked it
May 19, 2016
Kyle
Kyle marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
Eleni
Eleni rated it it was amazing
Apr 27, 2016
Sukanya Baruah
Sukanya Baruah marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2016
Kayla McMinn
Kayla McMinn rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2016
Sean Aaron
Sean Aaron marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2016
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2016
Dr_venkatmac.com
Dr_venkatmac.com rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2016
Dana Robinson
Dana Robinson marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2016
عدنان
عدنان marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2016
Valeria Perez
Valeria Perez marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
Vitória
Vitória marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
Calladus
Calladus rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2016
Erick Leyva
Erick Leyva marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
Roberto
Roberto rated it it was amazing
Jan 23, 2016
susannah
susannah rated it really liked it
Dec 14, 2015
Lovepreet
Lovepreet marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2015