Blank-133x176
100 Years, 100 Stories

George Burns

100 Years, 100 Stories

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  136 ratings  ·  20 reviews
"I can't put each of you in my will..." says George Burns in this priceless gift to his fans--100 of his favorite stories, from events in his life to tales about buddies Groucho Marx, Jack Benny, Bob Hope, and of course, Gracie.
Hardcover, Large Print, 199 pages
Published June 1st 1996 by Wheeler Publishing (first published January 26th 1996)

To ask other readers questions about 100 Years, 100 Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 100 Years, 100 Stories

Mornblade Keltoislave
A wonderful collection of stories/jokes from George Burns about himself, Gracie, and their friends over the years. While reading the book you can almost hear Burns' voice, as the stories are written with his particular comedic delivery. It's a very easy read as well, as all of the stories are pretty short. And just to show that Burns hadn't lost his edge upon reaching 100 years old, the preface and author's notes are written just as well as the rest of the book.
Kelly
A funny little book. I think it resembles the current Chicken Soup books with the theme being his life. As I read all the names in the stories it reminded me of Forest Gump. He knew a lot of people over the years and it sounds like they were all characters. I guess I should have expected it.
Jenna
I love George Burns, but some how I was expecting more from this. Some stories made me giggle out loud, some just fell flat -- I'd give it a 3.5 if I could. Worth reading if you're a fan of Burns and entertainers from his time. (And for the record, my favorite stories are 58, 64, and 79.)
Jay
A wonderful book of 1 to 3 page anecdotal stories. I've always loved George Burns, though he was about 66 when I was born. If your older, or a fan of early television and movies, or vaudeville, you'll really enjoy this book. If you're not, but like funny stories, you'll probably still enjoy it.
Lisa Proulx
I liked him but this book wasn't as funny as I thought it would be. It was pretty old timey and vaudeville like and I don't find much humor in that but hey, he lived to 100 years old and was a great talent and legend! :)
ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ
The preface to the book is signed "George Burns, November 1995". The book title is "100 Years 100 Stories." George Burns turned 100 on Jan 20, 1996. He passed away two months later on March 9, 1996.
Gobnait
This was a fun read. I had forgotten how much I like Mr. Burns. Not all of the stories were great. Most of them were good, though. This book was a quick, entertaining read. It was easy reading.
Susan
Light and fun, esp. if you remember the Burns & Allen show, Jack Benny & entertainers from that era. Yes, I know, I'm dating myself...but I don't remember vaudeville!
Colleen Venable
One of the things my grandpa left for me when he passed away because if there's one thing I love it's an old man who can make me smile.
Nora
Great stories of years that are fading away in the memories of the newer generation. An quick & fun read. His last book.
George recalls 100 humourous events in his life. I laughed out loud several times. Quick read and light-hearted.
Tim
George Burns was a truly remarkable man and entertainer. Stories like these should be taught in history.
Kathie
Interesting and entertaining. A quick read for a summer day. Lots of funny stories.
Karin
Short, choppy, like old-school stand up comedy. No surprises there.
Alice Lovegood
Some of his stories were funny but some seemed kinda pointless.
Jeannie
You can hear him tell these stories as you read it.
Ben
Some very humorous vignettes.
Jane
Nobody like him ---
Jim
Jim marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Keisha
Keisha marked it as to-read
May 19, 2014
Heather Lowther
Heather Lowther marked it as to-read
May 01, 2014
Sri141516
Sri141516 marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
George Burns, born Nathan Birnbaum, was an American comedian, actor, and writer.

His career spanned vaudeville, film, radio, and television, with and without his wife, Gracie Allen. His arched eyebrow and cigar smoke punctuation became familiar trademarks for over three quarters of a century. He enjoyed a career resurrection that began at age 79 and ended shortly before his death at 100.

More about George Burns...
Gracie: A Love Story All my best friends How to Live to Be 100 - Or More The Third Time Around Wisdom of the 90's