Start by marking “The Darkest Pleasure (Lords of the Underworld #3)” as Want to Read:
The Darkest Pleasure (Lords of the Underworld #3)

The Darkest Pleasure (Lords of the Underworld #3)

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  35,111 ratings  ·  1,016 reviews
Reyes is a man possessed. Bound by the demon of pain, he is forbidden to know pleasure. Yet he craves a mortal woman, Danika Ford, more than breath and will do anything to claim her--even defy the gods.Danika is on the run. For months she's eluded the Lords of the Underworld, immortal warriors who won't rest until she and her family have been destroyed. But her dreams are ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Published July 1st 2008 by HQN Books (first published January 1st 2008)

The Perfect Play by Jaci BurtonLover Avenged by J.R. WardLover Mine by J.R. WardInsatiable by Lauren DaneCity of Bones by Cassandra Clare
Hottest Guy on a Cover
8th out of 1,325 books — 1,751 voters
Lover Awakened by J.R. WardBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireDark Lover by J.R. WardFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesLover Eternal by J.R. Ward
So you love a Bad Boy or Tortured Hero
43rd out of 2,416 books — 4,161 voters

More lists with this book...

Blacky *Romance Addict*

Image Hosted by

"He was dark, she was light. He was anguish, she was innocence. He was wrong for her in every way, and yet, when she looked at him, his entire world felt right."

Another great book from the LOTU series, finally we get Reyes's story and it was awesome :)))

Image Hosted by

Danika is still on the run from the Lords, and now even from Hunters who are trying to capture her.
Aaeron's demon has taken over him and wants nothing else than to kill Danika's entire family, so Reyes and the other Lords have to keep him restra
3.5-4 Cut Me Deep Stars!
This is the third book in the Lords of the Underworld PNR series. The story of Reyes and Danika.
Reyes has the pain demon inside of him. The only time he feels any kind of pleasure is when he hurts himself. That is until he meets Danika in book one.
Aeron the keeper of the wrath demon has been summoned by the king to kill Danika and her family. The brothers took matters in their own hand and locked Aeron up so he couldn't do as the king requested. This leaves Danika and he
Pavlina loves Dex ❤❤
I loved it!!!One of my favorite books!!There was a lot that I liked about this book!The plot,the characters and generally the world Genna creates.

In this book, we focus on Reyes and Danika.Reyes is the keeper of the Demon of Pain and Danika is on the run from Wrath who has been commanded by the Titans to kill Danika and the rest of her family.
Some hunters have kidnapped her and asked her to go to the Lords of Underworld and find information for them.

I loved so much Reyes!He wants to protect Dan
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
Although this series had a shaky start, I am really loving it. Heck, I'm a sucker for Greek mythology, so that helps. Throw in a tortured hero, and the battle's practically won. But, really, these are good stories, and I could tell that Gena Showalter is finding her groove. This series is much darker than her Atlantis series, and quite violent. But then, it's about Immortal, demon-possessed warriors. Comes with the territory. These books are also very steamy. Not too steamy, though.

Reyes was ve
July 25, 2013

He was possessed by a demon, and yet he had the heart of an angel. The contradiction delighted her, and she suspected she could happily spend the rest of her life learning his nuances—and there would still be more to learn.

The Darkest Pleasure is the third book of the Lords of the Underworld series, the story of Reyes, Keeper of Pain, and Danika Ford, a human woman with an incomparable ability.

Danika appears at first in book one, The Darkest Night, where Cronus comm
Eleni Ouzouni

Όπως γνωρίζουμε και από τα προηγούμενα βιβλία της σειράς μια ομάδα αθάνατων πολεμιστών χιλιάδες χρόνια πριν έκλεψε το κουτί της Πανδώρας από την ίδια και τους θεούς και εξαπέλυσε το κακό στον κόσμο. Ως τιμωρία για την πράξη τους, οι θεοί ανάγκασαν κάθε πολεμιστή να «περιέχει» μέσα του ένα δαίμονα. Και κάπως έτσι, οι Άρχοντες του Κάτω Κόσ
Julie (jjmachshev)
Kellie Maddox-Ward

Long ago twelve immortals warriors made by Zeus, became jealous of Pandora she was chosen to guard a box. Inside that box housed some of the most dangerous demons ever known. The Immortals made a horrible mistake of killing Pandora and opening the box. As punishment for the evil they have unleashed each warrior was sentenced to carry one of those demons for all eternity. They are - Violence, Pain, Death, Disease, Disaster, Misery, Doubt, Promiscuity, Defeat, Lies, Secrets, and W
Opening Line; "Reyes stood on the roof of the Budapest fortress, five stories up, his feet balanced precariously on the highest ledge."

THE DARKEST PLEASURE is book 3 in the fantastic and addictive Lords Of The Underworld Series and this time it's is all about Reyes, an immortal warrior cursed after opening Pandora's box and ever since bound to the demon of pain. We've been waiting since book 1 to see Reyes's unrequited love for Danika reach its foregone conclusion and Showalter doesn't disappoin
God, what to say. Guilty pleasure to the MAX? Naughty bits, interesting concept, a little too much dominating possessive male action, but...whatever. :) Tiring of the "hot immortal guys living together who start being picked off by understanding females one at a time for crazy # of sequels" books.

"This means nothing."

"Less than nothing,” he lied.

"I’ll hate myself later.”

"I hate myself now.” She opened her mouth to reply, but he swooped in and swallowed the words.

Basically .......I loved the delicious burn of this book. I want to keep binge reading this series !!!!
Bu seriye bayılıyorum !!!

5 αστερακια και για το περιεχομενο και για το φοβερο εξωφυλλο...
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
4 stars

Darkest Pleasure quickly just became my favorite book of the Lords of the Underworld series thus far. While I liked the first two books and planned to finish the series sometime this year, after reading this book I will definitely read the next two books this month.

Why am I now dying to finish the series?

First, I felt like I got to know some of the other warriors much better. There was also more interplay between one another. With the Budapest group, you really see the bond that they sh
5 stars – Paranormal Romance

Darkest Pleasure is the third book in Showalter's scorching hot Lords of the Underworld series. This is my favorite of the series so far. Reyes, the keeper of the demon of Pain, is an extremely sexy warrior/hero. The heroine, Danika, wasn’t my favorite of the series, but I came to like her character better towards the later part of the book. Another great read in the fun, sexy, and steamy Lords of the Underworld series!
Mar 28, 2009 Christel rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Gena Showalter fan
Shelves: gena-showalter
Okay, How do I review this one when not many people have it yet??? HMMMMM

Okay, this story has been played somewhat in the other books. It just delves deeper in this book. Reyes is the demon of Pain. He has got to hurt all the time to satisfy his demons needs. Danika has had nightmares since childhood, horrid nightmares. After she has them she paints what she has seen in her dreams.
Aeron, Keeper of Doubt, has been ordered by Cronus, King of the Titans to destroy Danika and all of her family.

Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
4.5 STARS ...more
Merve  Özcan
Great story but seems like a fill in book just to carry on the story line
Another great story....i have to say that's my favorite so far!!!
Sercan Çelik
Bu seriye bayılıyorum ben ya pegasus bu kadar ara vermese daha iyi olacak ama kime diyoruz yani.
Miss Kim
Jan 12, 2009 Miss Kim rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of Lara Adrian; paranormal romance
Recommended to Miss Kim by: continuation of series
Shelves: paranormal, 2009
"WOW! I am so glad I continued with this series because this one is THE BEST one."
Gokce ~Muslin Myst~
Jen (Red Hot Books)
Mar 11, 2011 Jen (Red Hot Books) rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance Fans
There really is someone out there for everyone. Even an immortal warrior, who can only find pleasure in bone-wrenching pain. Reyes is one of the Lords of the Underworld. Each immortal carries within him a demon which escaped from hell. Reyes carries Pain, and longs to hurt himself and others. He cuts himself, breaks his own bones, whatever it takes to cause pain and soothe the beast inside of him.

We knew Danika was the woman for him back in The Darkest Night. But he resisted his feelings for her
Shannon (Giraffe Days)
The third book in the (first) trilogy, The Darkest Pleasure catches up to Reyes and Danika's story. You don't really get to know Reyes in the previous books so I wasn't terribly interested in him and thought this one would be dull, but actually he's a great character and I really liked him.

Danika's on the run because Aeron, Keeper of Wrath, must kill her and her family on order of the Gods and has been driven mad by this unfulfilled bloodlust. After being assaulted by two Hunters she kills one b
Chrissa Vasileiou
Έχω χάσει το πρωινό μου χουζούρι και το βραδινό μου ύπνο με την πάρτη τους κι έχω ακόμα άλλα 11 βιβλία να διαβάσω (yes,yes!)
Η ιστορία του Ρέγιες με την Ντανίκα μου άρεσε ένα τόσο δα λιγότερο από τις άλλες..Θες γιατί δε συμπάθησα τη Ντανίκα όσο την Άσλιν και την Άνυα,θες γιατί ήθελα να δω τι θα γίνει παρακάτω και οι σελίδες δε με άφηναν (ώρες ώρες θεωρούσα πως η συγγραφέας επίτηδες το τρέναρε το πράμα αλλά μάλλον δεν ισχύει κι απλά εγώ βιαζόμουν) αλλά εντάξει δε μπορώ να δώσω 5 αστεράκια όπως στ
En el primer libro, cuando Reyes vio por primera vez a Danika, sabía que eran perfectos el uno para el otro y no me he equivocado. ¡Que pareja más bonita!

Me encanta que poco a poco vayamos conociendo cosas sobre los demás señores. Por las pinceladas que leo, Paris es mi favorito, lo que sacrifica por el bien común, hace que lo adore. Espero que los demás se enteren pronto de la dura decisión que tuvo que tomar.
This third book in the series didn't grab me as much as the first two did. Don't get me wrong - Reyes is one hot demon-inhabited Lord of the Underworld, but things just seemed to move slowly and, for whatever reason, I wasn't really fond of the heroine, Danika. The last third of the book went a long way toward redeeming things, but I missed the humor that was more prevalent in the other books and was disappointed with the fact that Reyes didn't get more relief from his demon in the end. Still, I ...more
Gena Showalter Fans: The Darkest Pleasure (LOTU #3) 1 22 Jul 23, 2012 11:21AM
Creative Reviews: The Darkest Pleasure, Lords of the Underworld 1 9 Jun 11, 2012 05:54PM
  • Desire Unchained (Demonica #2)
  • Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark, #6)
  • Seduced by the Storm (ACRO, #3)
  • Caressed by Ice (Psy-Changeling #3)
  • Kiss of the Night (Dark-Hunter, #4)
Gena Showalter is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over thirty books in paranormal and contemporary romances, as well as young adult novels. Her series include White Rabbit Chronicles, Angels of the Dark, Otherworld Assassins, Lords of the Underworld, Alien Huntress and Intertwined.

Her novels have appeared in Cosmopolitan Magazine, and Seventeen Magazine, and have been transl
More about Gena Showalter...

Lords of the Underworld (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld, #1)
  • The Darkest Kiss (Lords of the Underworld, #2)
  • The Darkest Whisper (Lords of the Underworld, #4)
  • The Darkest Passion (Lords of the Underworld, #5)
  • The Darkest Lie (Lords of the Underworld, #6)
  • The Darkest Secret (Lords of the Underworld, #7)
  • The Darkest Surrender  (Lords of the Underworld, #8)
  • The Darkest Seduction (Lords of the Underworld, #9)
  • The Darkest Craving (Lords of The Underworld, #10)
  • The Darkest Touch (Lords of the Underworld, #11)

“Legion hissed like a startled cat, the noise scraping at Reyes’s skin. “Me no boy. You think me a boy?”
Everyone stopped, stared. Even Aeron.
Reyes was the first to find his voice. “You’re a…girl?”
A nod. “Me pretty.”
“Yes, you are.” Reyes exchanged a glance with Lucien. “Beautiful.”
“Yep, that's me. I know. I know. You're humbled I'm here, feel like throwing rose petals at my feet, blah, blah, blah. No need, though. Just try and think of me as a normal guy