Start by marking “Smoke Gets In Your Eyes” as Want to Read:
Smoke Gets In Your Eyes

Smoke Gets In Your Eyes

3.24 of 5 stars 3.24  ·  rating details  ·  59 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Be careful what you wish for …

After marrying the handsome and wealthy Hugh Kirkwood, all Caitlin wants to do is enjoy her happy ever after. But on the day she learns she is finally pregnant, she catches him in bed with another woman.

Before Caitlin can even think of divorce, Hugh and his girlfriend are killed in a mysterious fire. But Caitlin’s problems are only just beginn
Published January 2002 by Poolbeg Press Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Smoke Gets In Your Eyes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Smoke Gets In Your Eyes

Louise Graham
This is the second book I have read by Louise and it was very different indeed from the other one. You still have the very strong characters, the gorgeous Hero (a must!!) and elements of humour but whilst this is a fast paced and very easy to read, it is more than chic Lit in the traditional sense. This is a very modern-day who dunnit!.

I thought I had this wrapped up early on and how very wrong I was. Louise adds twists and turns that you don’t expect. Lots of engaging characters that not until
Becky Square
A good book but was sometimes hard to keep track of who was who. I also found some of the characters very immature and childlike in a way. I also thought the plot was given away quite a way in and this slightly ruined it for me. On the whole not a bad book and I was gripped to keep reading it until the end.
Ash Slaughter
Interesting and engaging, though at its strongest when telling the day to day life at the crematory; it loses its wind a bit once she leaves, however it was necessary to tell a cohesive story with meaning instead of just a collection of anecdotes.
Sima
Absolutely fantastic couldn't put it down once I started it
Katy
Whilst the storyline was intricate and fairly well constructed the mass of characters was quite confusing and often distracting. It was incredibly hard to keep track of whom was who. Additionally, Louise Marley often made them out to be quite childish immature characters, their actions were not worded well and that was quite off-putting.
Lisa
Nice enough book I just didn't feel enthralled by it at all. A good read for 0.77p I don't I would have been pleased had I paid more, just wasn't for me, though please don't let that stop you from trying it out.
Ruth
How on earth did I manage to select a chick lit book? Moreover, once I realised, why on earth did I keep reading it? I admit I hoped it would get better - it didn't. Won't bother again.
Heather
A great story that kept me smiling, there were twists and turns in the story tha made you wonder exactly what was going to happen next.

A real book to read when you want an escape!
Leslie Evans
Leslie Evans marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Jenness
Jenness is currently reading it
Dec 25, 2014
Iris Leekey
Iris Leekey marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
Chadwick
Chadwick is currently reading it
Dec 22, 2014
E
E marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Margaret
Margaret marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Natasha Gough
Natasha Gough marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Bethany
Bethany marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Bishoy Khalifa
Bishoy Khalifa marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
allie
allie marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Anthony
Anthony marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Erica
Erica marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Diana
Diana added it
Dec 04, 2014
Amelia
Amelia marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Kassi
Kassi marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Rosalie Hancook
Rosalie Hancook marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Cindy
Cindy added it
Nov 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Louise Marley is the author of five romantic suspense novels, all set in a fictional area inspired by the New Forest. They can be read in any order.

Her first published novel was Smoke Gets In Your Eyes, which was shortlisted for Poolbeg's 'Write A Bestseller' competition. She has also written articles for the Irish press and short stories for women's magazines such as Take a Break and My Weekly. P
More about Louise Marley...
Breathless Why Do Fools Fall in Love? Nemesis A Girl's Best Friend The Indecent Proposal (What You're Proposing #1)