Start by marking “Smoke Gets In Your Eyes” as Want to Read:
Smoke Gets In Your Eyes

Smoke Gets In Your Eyes

3.43  ·  Rating Details  ·  95 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Be careful what you wish for …

After marrying the handsome and wealthy Hugh Kirkwood, all Caitlin wants to do is enjoy her happy ever after. But on the day she learns she is finally pregnant, she catches him in bed with another woman.

Before Caitlin can even think of divorce, Hugh and his girlfriend are killed in a mysterious fire. But Caitlin’s problems are only just beginn
Published January 2002 by Poolbeg Press Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Smoke Gets In Your Eyes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Smoke Gets In Your Eyes

Louise Graham
Jan 07, 2012 Louise Graham rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book I have read by Louise and it was very different indeed from the other one. You still have the very strong characters, the gorgeous Hero (a must!!) and elements of humour but whilst this is a fast paced and very easy to read, it is more than chic Lit in the traditional sense. This is a very modern-day who dunnit!.

I thought I had this wrapped up early on and how very wrong I was. Louise adds twists and turns that you don’t expect. Lots of engaging characters that not until
Marianne Kleve
Nov 18, 2015 Marianne Kleve rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everyone is afraid of two things - speeches and death. This book provided a humorous and educational look at death - this isn't a depressing book, it is a book that makes you look at dying as a fact of life and what you can learn about yourself as you confront what scares you most.
Becky Square
Feb 21, 2014 Becky Square rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good book but was sometimes hard to keep track of who was who. I also found some of the characters very immature and childlike in a way. I also thought the plot was given away quite a way in and this slightly ruined it for me. On the whole not a bad book and I was gripped to keep reading it until the end.
Stephanie Fleming
Interesting! Almost made me want to look into her line of work.
Sima
Feb 18, 2014 Sima rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely fantastic couldn't put it down once I started it
Claire Frewer
Mar 29, 2015 Claire Frewer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this is my favourite book off all time xx
Katy
Jun 03, 2012 Katy rated it did not like it
Whilst the storyline was intricate and fairly well constructed the mass of characters was quite confusing and often distracting. It was incredibly hard to keep track of whom was who. Additionally, Louise Marley often made them out to be quite childish immature characters, their actions were not worded well and that was quite off-putting.
Lisa
Mar 26, 2012 Lisa rated it liked it
Nice enough book I just didn't feel enthralled by it at all. A good read for 0.77p I don't I would have been pleased had I paid more, just wasn't for me, though please don't let that stop you from trying it out.
Ruth
Nov 12, 2013 Ruth rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
How on earth did I manage to select a chick lit book? Moreover, once I realised, why on earth did I keep reading it? I admit I hoped it would get better - it didn't. Won't bother again.
Heather
Oct 01, 2013 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great story that kept me smiling, there were twists and turns in the story tha made you wonder exactly what was going to happen next.

A real book to read when you want an escape!
Suzanne
Suzanne marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2016
Kent
Kent rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2016
D GERRISH
D GERRISH rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2016
Emma Malloch
Emma Malloch marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2016
Andrea Sheehan
Andrea Sheehan marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2016
Michael Medley
Michael Medley marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2016
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2016
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2016
Qelsey
Qelsey marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2016
Laura Emmert
Laura Emmert rated it liked it
Feb 14, 2016
Tracey Bowden
Tracey Bowden marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Kateface1
Kateface1 marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2016
Darliza
Darliza marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2016
Jimzzz
Jimzzz marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
Jo Notary
Jo Notary marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2016
janet hodgson
janet hodgson marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
Soracha Petersen
Soracha Petersen marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
  • Stirred with Love
  • Nobody's Fault
  • The Little Shop of Hopes and Dreams
  • One Night Only
  • Summer of Secrets
  • Danger Danger
  • Inspired Creative Writing (52 Brilliant Ideas)
  • Breaking the Ice
  • Implicated
  • 11:59
  • The Piano Player's Son
  • The Shoestring Club
  • Rage Against The Machine (Dan & Chloe Book 1)
  • A Little Book of Christmas
Louise Marley is the author of five romantic suspense novels, all set in a fictional area inspired by the New Forest. They can be read in any order.

Her first published novel was Smoke Gets In Your Eyes, which was shortlisted for Poolbeg's 'Write A Bestseller' competition. She has also written articles for the Irish press and short stories for women's magazines such as Take a Break and My Weekly. P
More about Louise Marley...