Start by marking “Bleach, Volume 04” as Want to Read:
Bleach, Volume 04

Bleach, Volume 04 (Bleach #4)

4.28  ·  Rating Details ·  8,644 Ratings  ·  134 Reviews
Quincy Archer Hates You
A new reality-show craze is sweeping the nation, garnering legions of screaming fans (the majority of them being teenaged girls). But this program comes with a supernatural twist - the host, a media-savvy spiritualist, travels to local hotspots and performs exorcisms, live on national TV!

Surly Soul Reaper Ichigo Kurosaki has his doubts about this pr
Published December 7th 2004 by VIZ Media LLC (first published September 4th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Bleach, Volume 04, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bleach, Volume 04

Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 1 by Hiromu ArakawaDeath Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri HinoBleach, Volume 01 by Tite Kubo
Good Manga
446 books — 220 voters
Death Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaFullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 1 by Hiromu ArakawaFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriBleach, Volume 01 by Tite Kubo
Best Manga Books
495 books — 451 voters

More lists with this book...

Mal

MissAnnThrope
Rating: * * 1/2

BO-HA-HA-HA!

description

That was funny the first couple of times, but quickly got tiresome. Much of Volume 4 is spent on the spiritual television personality Don Kanonji, who is one of my least favorite characters in the series. The Don Kanonji storyline is frustratingly asinine, making this my least enjoyed volume so far. For some reason, watching the anime of this is far more entertaining than reading this volume. Perhaps, it's because the anime doesn't have as much Don Kanonji in it.

It was
MC
May 18, 2014 MC rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Started a bit slow, but picked up the pace. I really like the selflessness of Ichigo. He is not at all the punk folks think him to be. He is a nice guy who gets in trouble to help those in need, and has elements he can't control putting him in folks' cross-hairs.

I was a little disappointed at how Orihime and Rukia were very minor in this volume, but you can see that they are gaining more knowledge of things and may have some abilities. It should, hopefully, make things better as we move closer t
Megan
Mar 14, 2009 Megan rated it really liked it
Madiyar561
Sep 26, 2012 Madiyar561 rated it it was amazing
Because i love Manga stories, i chose this book.. it's very exciting and fantasy. it descirbes a 17 years old boy his name is ichigo, he's the main character of the story. he was chosen to fight the demons in his town. actually this book is volume 4 and i'm looking forward to read the next volume. this Manga story contains more than 10 volumes, hopfully i finish them all because i want to explore the ending.
Emma
Apr 04, 2015 Emma rated it liked it
Ichigo encounters a paranormal reality star which takes up most of the chapters in this volume. I didn't care very much for these chapters but I'm sure this will be a lead in to more interesting plot. Plus this volume ends on a total cliff hanger! AHHH!
Sebastian Gonzalez
This was an ok vol because it leads to one of ichigo's biggest battles in the manga and tv series. Ichigo has only been a soul reaper for about a month. Ichigo meet Don and they had a battle with a hollow in a old hospitle. After the battle Ichigo became his number one deciple.
Joel Mora
Dec 03, 2015 Joel Mora rated it it was amazing
I finished the book but retread it
Tim
Dec 01, 2008 Tim rated it it was ok
Oh great, a super irritating character is introduced. Please, please be an infrequent character.
La Revistería Comics
El arquero Quincy te odia, y el agujero en el cielo se hace cada vez más grande. Cuarto y revelador tomo de Bleach.
Katie (Kitkatscanread)
May 17, 2016 Katie (Kitkatscanread) rated it it was amazing
awesome
Nick
Feb 12, 2008 Nick rated it it was amazing
Overall Rating: A+
Synopsis: Ichigo Kurosaki sees ghosts, and fights...a lot. All of this is pretty normal for Ichigo, but then he meets Rukia Kuchiki, a Shinigami (Death God) and member of the mysterious Soul Society. When a Hollow, an evil spirit, attacks Ichigo and his family, Rukia attempts to defeat the Hollow, but is wounded. To help him save his family, she lends Ichigo some of her powers, but something goes wrong, and Ichigo absorbs every last drop of her energy. Ichigo becomes a temporar
Sunghyun
The author of the book is Tite Kubo. The name of the book is Bleach, Quincy Archer hates you and it's fiction. The genre of the book is adventure, fantasy and fiction. I chose this book because I like to watch anime (Japanese animation) and I liked bleach so I wondered how the book would be like.

The story takes place in Karakura town where the main character, Ichigo Kurosaki lives. The story is about a famous TV star Don Kanonji goes to Karakura town. Don Kanonji has an ability to see spirits.
Khalil
Mar 08, 2010 Khalil rated it really liked it
Shelves: big-5
Bleach by Tite Kubo is a fairly exhilarating book of a high school student named Ichigo Kurisaki who can see the deceased and communicate with them. His life is normal, other than this oblong gift he has until he comes face to face with the Soul Reaper Rukia Kuchiki; life after that takes an outstanding turn. Because of his strong spiritual powers, which may be the reason why he can see ghosts, and good will, he decides to help her and become a Soul Reaper, a person who cleanses and helps souls ...more
S. J.
Apr 30, 2013 S. J. rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Manga lovers, teenage boys and girls, people interested in manga
Recommended to S. by: My Sister
*4 Stars*

Review of Volume 1

description Don Kanonji - A media spiritualist who arrives in Karakura town and brings nothing but headaches to our substitute Soul Reaper.

*The Gush*
This novel contains a small, one chapter story, a short filler story, and the start of a longer story which briefly nods to a new character coming up in the next volume. All of this is not to diminish what goes on in this book; Ichigo learns and grows during the filler story as well as meets an annoyance who will pop up again and ag
Tonya
Nov 04, 2013 Tonya rated it it was ok
Despite its title, most of this book has very little to do with Mr. Quincy. Instead, the bulk of the book revolves around a TV sensation named Don Kanonji. This brings the book’s rating down quite a bit for me. I’m sure Kanonji was meant to be comic relief, but it was too ridiculous for me. Kanonji is stupid-funny to me, and that type of comedy rarely makes me laugh.

In fact, I feel disgust towards Kanonji. Not only is he egotistical, but his actions are hurting the souls of the dead. I mean, wha
dani! ❀
Aaaaaaaand we're back to the lame side stories.

I'm more partial to the series overall, though--at least I have proof that it can perform when it wants to, and Uryu (though he only briefly appeared) seems interesting, if incredibly mysterious to the point of me guessing that yeah, this is going to be a walking cliché.

I like Tatsuki. A lot. Even though she didn't do... like, anything, I'm happy when she's around. I liked her wondering what was happening because she could see the blurs of Ichigo an
Sophia F
One word for Don Kononji is... Interesting.
He is oddly obsessed with his fans and show ratings, but also cares for other's safety too. (Even if he can't really do anything to protect them...)
Karin and Orihime supposedly saw Ichigo as a Soul Reaper, so they probably were seeing all the actual action on the roof.
For some reason I really love how each Bleach volume has almost like two separate parts, the second one leading into the next volume. The bad thing about that might be that it doesn't ever
Cindy
Mar 14, 2010 Cindy rated it liked it
This book is like a hater book because Ishida doesn't like soul reapers. Since Ichigo is a subsitute soul reaper he is still a soul reaper. And Rukia is a soul reaper too so Ishida hates her. Once Ishida walked into the classroom he already senced Ichigo's spirtual pressure. Ichigo's spirtual pressure is so high that it leaks out so anyone can sence it. He has to control it.
What i think about this book it that it kind of relates to my life because there is a bunch of haters in this world. Say fo
Sarah Sammis
Sep 17, 2007 Sarah Sammis rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pc, read-in-2007
Bleach 4 further explains what Hollows are and how they are created. Ichigo and a popular TV psychic learn the hard way the danger of doing haphazard spiritual cleansing.

A mystery also begins near the end of the volume. Someone other than Ichigo and Rukia are taking care of the hollows. Either that or her detector has started to misfire. The who behind the mystery is shown on cover but the how and the why is revealed in volume 5.

Overall I like how each new volume brings something new to the over
David
Jan 03, 2013 David rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, read-comics
Ashley
Apr 27, 2013 Ashley rated it liked it
Stephen  Alff (AlffBooks)
Bleach was definitely very interesting to read and different to what I usually read. I enjoyed the whole soul reaper concept and how we find out more and more about the main character as the story goes on.

It's a fast read and is easy to understand but gets progressively more difficult to follow parts of the story due to there being so many different characters that can be qualified as important in the progression of the story.

I would recommend it for the story line and the graphics but I do fe
Allan Walsh
Nov 11, 2015 Allan Walsh rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Bleach Vol 4 brings us a spiritualist come TV show host who thinks he knows what he's doing, we take a twist at the end when Quincy Archer enters the story to shake things up.

The Bad Stuff: Again, I have nothing of value to say here, Bleach isn't the world's most popular Manga for nothing.

The Good Stuff: In most cases it's the characters that make a story, and the characters in bleach shine. I love the way Tite adds humour to this tale through their different personalities.

Another 4 out of 5 G
Jeffrey
It's not that it's even an average volume, in fact it's quite good. Not only does this issue introduce the highly entertaining comedic Don Kanonji character, it keeps Ichigo's annoying Mary-Sue aspects to a minimum as he pretty much blunders through everything in a way that makes sense for a new Soul Reaper. This book only gets three stars because of its patent false advertising. The cover focuses on the Quincy character who only appears in the final chapter in time to get himself introduced. Th ...more
Krista Ivy
Jan 24, 2017 Krista Ivy rated it it was amazing
Ichigo and Rukia are not too happy about a celebrity coming in that claims to know about ghost hunting. He ends up seeing a ghost that will eventually turn into a hollow and turning him into a hollow instantly by messing around with the hole in the ghost's chest. He knows nothing about hollows and is stubborn in believing and making himself out to be a hero. Ichigo must work around this guy without getting him killed in the process and deal with the guy later on (he wants Ichigo to be his discip ...more
Annchan Maulana
Oct 09, 2007 Annchan Maulana rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, anime
Bleach
Ichigo Kurosaki has ability to see ghosts.
The story begin from the day when he meet with one of the member of Soul Society name Rukia Kuchiki. The member of that society are called shinigami.
The shinigamis are have a duty to fighting a Hollow - evil spirit from humans who display psychic energy.
And after Ichigo know the truth about the world he live with his family is one full of dangerous spirits, he learn to become Shinigami, and his job now along with Rukia is to protect the world fro
Bbabri
Sep 09, 2013 Bbabri rated it liked it
Ez a rész igazán unalmas volt. Megjelenik Don Kanonji a híres médium, és élő adásban egy szellemből hollow-ot csinál. Persze hőseink is megjelennek a felvételen. És egyből bajba is keverednek. Urahara kis csapata is feltűnik. Ichigo és Don Kanonji elbánnak a hollow-al és mindenki éli tovább az életét.
Nem kedveltem meg Don Kanonji-t. Sajnos az animében párszor még felfog tűnni.
Oh és végre Ishida is bemutatkozik.
  • Naruto, Vol. 33: The Secret Mission (Naruto, #33)
1977
久保 帯人, also transliterated Taitou Kubo, Taito Kubo, or Jiu bao dai ren.

The son of a town council member in Fuchu, Aki District, Hiroshima. He never took drawing seriously until he was 17; after reading Dragon Ball he knew he wanted to be a manga artist. At the age of 18 he submitted his first concept for the series Zombiepowder but it got rejected. Zombiepowder was rejected multiple times until K
More about Tite Kubo...

Bleach (1 - 10 of 74 books)
  • Bleach, Volume 01
  • Bleach, Volume 08
  • Bleach, Volume 09
  • Bleach, Volume 10
  • Bleach, Volume 11

“we are drawn to each other like drops of water, like the planets we repulse each other like magnets, like the color of our skin.” 31 likes