Start by marking “Bleach Volume 08: The Blade and Me (Bleach #8)” as Want to Read:
Bleach Volume 08: The Blade and Me (Bleach #8)

Bleach Volume 08: The Blade and Me (Bleach #8)

4.37 of 5 stars 4.37  ·  rating details  ·  6,437 ratings  ·  65 reviews
Ichigo "Strawberry" Kurosaki never asked for the ability to see ghosts - he was born with the gift. When his family is attacked by a Hollow - a malevolent lost soul - Ichigo becomes a Soul Reaper, dedicating his lfe to protecting the innocent and helping the tortured spirits themselves find peace. Find out why Tite Kubo's Bleach has become an international manga smash-hit! ...more
Published August 3rd 2005 by VIZ Media LLC (first published June 4th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Bleach Volume 08, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bleach Volume 08

Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 01 by Hiromu ArakawaFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaDeath Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri HinoBleach, Vol. 1 by Tite Kubo
good manga
110th out of 454 books — 177 voters
Dawn of the Arcana, Vol. 01 by Rei TōmaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri HinoBleach, Vol. 1 by Tite KuboSkip Beat!, Vol. 02 by Yoshiki Nakamura
Manga read in 2012
43rd out of 149 books — 31 voters

More lists with this book...

Nick
Overall Rating: A+
Synopsis: Ichigo Kurosaki sees ghosts, and fights...a lot. All of this is pretty normal for Ichigo, but then he meets Rukia Kuchiki, a Shinigami (Death God) and member of the mysterious Soul Society. When a Hollow, an evil spirit, attacks Ichigo and his family, Rukia attempts to defeat the Hollow, but is wounded. To help him save his family, she lends Ichigo some of her powers, but something goes wrong, and Ichigo absorbs every last drop of her energy. Ichigo becomes a temporar
Emma
Ichigo is still in the pit, fighting against encroachment lest he become a hollow. The others prepare to enter the soul society.

This volume was a lot of set up for what's going to happen next and a little high on the slapstick humor for my tastes but it was still okay.
Sophia F
Minor spoilers...
The cover is cool, but irritated me so much!! I kept holding it upside down and wanting to open it, but then realized I was holding it wrong. 'Twitching with frustration.'
I had always thought Mr. Hat and Clogs was an easy going, optimistic guy, but he has now engraved himself into my mind as a really scary boss while fighting. O.O
Ichigo seemed to have kept his mask on the side of his head, even through his fight with Kisuke, but then it just suddenly... Disappeared. :/
About Tite
Federiken Masters
Oct 03, 2010 Federiken Masters rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Bleachistas y espadistas.
Recommended to Federiken by: El trabajo.
El comic es entretenido pero bastante lento, como gran parte de los tomos de esta etapa. Eso sí, los extras son muy graciosos y le suma muchos puntos al producto final.
Sara
Alex Wallingford
The book Bleach:The blade and me was writen by tite kubo. The book was writen in august 2005 and its genre is magna. It was in the magazine Shonene jump and hasnt won any awards yet. IT has 200 pages of exitment and it took me a day to read. The main character is Ichigo Kurosaki in a small city.

Ichigo Kurosaki is a hot tempered teenager. He is forced into a life of fighting demons and his life. He wants to be a soul reaper to save many lives and destroying others. He has to destroy these demons
S. J.
Jun 02, 2013 S. J. rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Manga lovers, teenage boys and girls, people interested in manga, fans of the series
Recommended to S. by: Sister
*5 Stars*

My review of Bleach Volume 1 Here I discuss the series as a whole.

Review of Volume 7
Please check out my other reviews of Bleach volumes for brief info on characters you should know that crop up as well as to better understand the series as a whole.

Characters You Should Know

description Tessai Tsukabishi - At times subordinate and others forceful and knowledgeable, his role at the store is not clear. He appears to be freakishly strong and have certain Soul Reaper powers.

description Jinta Hanakari - A young bo
Taruia
Ichigo is still in training with Hat and Clogs in his bid to rescue Rukia, whilst Chad and Orihime train with the cat. Ichigo, now a soul reaper is ready to take on the world (well the other world - see what I did there, oh, nevermind). This series has a nice mixture of drama and comedy and it is very nicely drawn. Manga has a tendency to become very abstract in its art, but this (hasn't yet) fallen into the trap. But there is still time, I am only up to volume 8.
Oliver Hodson
Nice to know a bit more about ichigo's powers and to move the plot along into the soul society. It is a bit hard to see the focus of each volume, as the individual chapters are shorter than american comics but then the collections collect more chapters, so there isn't quite the same arcs of the american comics i'm more used to...
Love kon though!
M. Ashraf
And so the training begin, it was weird seeing him fighting all this time with out any proper training rather than his pure spirit force ... :/
And we get our first big mystery since the series begun who is that guy ??? what's his relation with Ichigo ???
Starting from this volume I can say I'm officially hooked :)
Cindy
Apr 19, 2010 Cindy added it
This book is about Ichigo wanting to save Rukia from being executed in soul society because she risked everything for Ichigo and for that she has to die. In order for him to go to soul society he has to train on how to control being a soul without taking a pill. He also have to learn the name of his sword so he has more power.
What I think this book is that is crazy because he has to fight a girl but he thinks she is a wimp. So when they start fighting the girl almost killed Ichigo but he finishe
David
Stephen  Alff (AlffBooks)
Bleach was definitely very interesting to read and different to what I usually read. I enjoyed the whole soul reaper concept and how we find out more and more about the main character as the story goes on.

It's a fast read and is easy to understand but gets progressively more difficult to follow parts of the story due to there being so many different characters that can be qualified as important in the progression of the story.

I would recommend it for the story line and the graphics but I do fe
Talyn
"You killed my hat".

Excuse me while I laugh out loud.

Kisuke Urahara would be an AWESOME dad, don't you think? He acts like an Aquarius but in reality he's a Capricorn (December 31st) . Yeah, I have the whole zodiac running in the back of my head whenever I see a birth date.

description

And the introduction of one of my most favorite characters in this series! Gin!

Just so you know I liked certain characters from Bleach before I got into the series. So before reading this I HATED the series but LOVED some of
Mingo Johnson
Ichigo, Chad, and Orihimae are put to training to develop control of there powers, but will this be enough to save Rukia.
Annchan Maulana
Bleach
Ichigo Kurosaki has ability to see ghosts.
The story begin from the day when he meet with one of the member of Soul Society name Rukia Kuchiki. The member of that society are called shinigami.
The shinigamis are have a duty to fighting a Hollow - evil spirit from humans who display psychic energy.
And after Ichigo know the truth about the world he live with his family is one full of dangerous spirits, he learn to become Shinigami, and his job now along with Rukia is to protect the world fro
MissAnnThrope
Bleach, Volume 8: The Blade and Me is so much fun. I really enjoyed the fight scenes between Kisuke and Ichigo that unlocked Ichigo's Soul Reaper powers. Of course, the best part of the entire volume was when Ichigo learned his Zanpakuto's name.

description

Zangetsu, baby! Ohhhh yeahhhh!

How fantastically magnanimous is that thing?!

Finally, Ichigo and friends are about to enter the Soul Society. I can't wait to see all the action with the Soul Reapers.
Lisa
Not as good as the others - more a filler volume in my opinion.
Bbabri
Jó rész volt.Végre feltűnik az „öreg” Zangetsu is. Nagyon szeretem az ő karakterét is, kár, hogy csak ritkán szerepel. Ichigo-nak végül sikerül visszanyernie az erejét,de később még bajok lesznek belőle. A zanpakutou-ja kinézete is változott, bár még mindig úgy néz ki, mint egy túlméretezett kés.
Rukia-t halálra ítélték. Feltűnik két új kapitány is. Ichimaru és Ken-chaaaaan.
Ken-chan-t is nagyon szeretem. Főleg, amikor eltéved. :-D
A csapat felkészült, és el is indulnak, hogy megmentsék Rukia-t. A
Daniel
I liked this volume alot
Sarah Sammis
Bleach 8 is a pause in the action, a deep breath before the entry into the Soul Society.

Although Bleach 8 lacks the action of the previous couple of volumes, it has one of my favorite scenes: Ichigo becomes a Soul Reaper but at a tremendous price. He also learns the name of his zanpaku-tô.

There are also brief glimpses into the Soul Society but so far we are uninitiated voyeurs. Characters are introduced and back stories hinted at. This volume will be fun to go back and reread with a few extra on
Franzielo Rey
i love anime
Andyma
Soul
Jul 04, 2011 Soul rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011
first of all this is the review for volume 1 to 10.

if i don't compare it with any other Manga novels then, it was a great experience to read this series.
the whole concept of Soul reapers was neatly implemented.
And not to forgot it sure was page turner.

but when i compare it with other (and my fav.) Manga series Naruto it was ok.
the character building was not so great. it's almost a headache to remember their names,
and there r lot of other things,

but all in all Worth 4 stars out of 5.
Dony Grayman
Edición argentina, tomo 8. "La espada y yo".
Alexis Masters
"If it rusts, it can never be trusted
If its owner fails to control it, it will cut him
Yes, pride is
Like a blade"

- Encroachment!!
- "Can you hear me, Ichigo?"
- The world of skyscrapers
- Sentence given
- Gin and Zaraki show up for a little pep talk...
- Ichigo learns a new name
- Plans for summer vacation
- Where Hollows Fear to Tread
- Dangai - Precipice world
Ubalstecha
This volume finds Ichigo continuing his slightly involuntary training session to become a good enough Soul Reaper to rescue Rukia from the Soul Society. In doing so, he meets the spirit of his sword. But can Ichigo master his newly awakened powers in time, before he becomes a hollow.

The series continues at a frantic pace. Good for the action lover.
kirito
I love to read all of these books
Henry
Jul 04, 2008 Henry rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
This was definetly one of my favorite volumes in the series. While there some really, really cool fights and figthing scenes, what I really loved about this volume is the interaction between characters...you get to understand the bonds between them better. The ending makes you want to start on the next volume right away!
  • Naruto, Vol. 21: Pursuit (Naruto, #21)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 17 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #17)
1977
久保 帯人, also transliterated Taitou Kubo, Taito Kubo, or Jiu bao dai ren.

The son of a town council member in Fuchu, Aki District, Hiroshima. He never took drawing seriously until he was 17; after reading Dragon Ball he knew he wanted to be a manga artist. At the age of 18 he submitted his first concept for the series Zombiepowder but it got rejected. Zombiepowder was rejected multiple times until K
More about Tite Kubo...

Bleach (1 - 10 of 68 books)
  • Bleach, Vol. 1: Strawberry and the Soul Reapers (Bleach, #1)
  • Bleach Volume 02: Goodbye Parakeet, Good Night My Sister (Bleach, #2)
  • Bleach Volume 03: Memories in the Rain (Bleach #3)
  • Bleach Volume 04: Quincy Archer Hates You (Bleach #4)
  • Bleach Volume 05: Right Arm of the Giant (Bleach #5)
  • Bleach Volume 06: The Death Trilogy Overture (Bleach #6)
  • Bleach Volume 07: The Broken Coda (Bleach #7)
  • Bleach Volume 09: Fourteen Days for Conspiracy (Bleach #9)
  • Bleach Volume 10: Tattoo on the Sky (Bleach #10)
  • Bleach Volume 11: A Star and a Stray Dog (Bleach #11)
Bleach, Vol. 1: Strawberry and the Soul Reapers (Bleach, #1) Bleach Volume 15: Beginning of the Death of Tomorrow (Bleach #15) Bleach Volume 03: Memories in the Rain (Bleach #3) Bleach Volume 02: Goodbye Parakeet, Good Night My Sister (Bleach, #2) Bleach Volume 14: White Tower Rocks (Bleach #14)

“If it rusts, it can never be trusted
If its owner fails to control it, it will cut him
Yes, pride is like a blade”
44 likes