Bleach, Vol. 08: The Blade and Me (Bleach #8)

Bleach, Vol. 08: The Blade and Me (Bleach #8)

4.36 of 5 stars 4.36  ·  rating details  ·  3,635 ratings  ·  52 reviews
Ichigo "Strawberry" Kurosaki never asked for the ability to see ghosts - he was born with the gift. When his family is attacked by a Hollow - a malevolent lost soul - Ichigo becomes a Soul Reaper, dedicating his lfe to protecting the innocent and helping the tortured spirits themselves find peace. Find out why Tite Kubo's Bleach has become an international manga smash-hit!...more
Published August 3rd 2005 by VIZ Media LLC (first published 2003)

Fruits Basket, Volume 01 by Natsuki TakayaFullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 01 by Hiromu ArakawaVampire Knight, Vol. 01 by Matsuri HinoDeath Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaBleach Volume 01 by Tite Kubo
good manga
220th out of 448 books — 145 voters
Nana, Vol. 1 by Ai YazawaFruits Basket, Volume 12 by Natsuki TakayaNana, Vol. 21 by Ai YazawaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 05 by Bisco HatoriNana, Vol. 4 by Ai Yazawa
Most touching mangas
89th out of 112 books — 17 voters

More lists with this book...

Nick
Overall Rating: A+
Synopsis: Ichigo Kurosaki sees ghosts, and fights...a lot. All of this is pretty normal for Ichigo, but then he meets Rukia Kuchiki, a Shinigami (Death God) and member of the mysterious Soul Society. When a Hollow, an evil spirit, attacks Ichigo and his family, Rukia attempts to defeat the Hollow, but is wounded. To help him save his family, she lends Ichigo some of her powers, but something goes wrong, and Ichigo absorbs every last drop of her energy. Ichigo becomes a temporar...more
Sara
Alex Wallingford
The book Bleach:The blade and me was writen by tite kubo. The book was writen in august 2005 and its genre is magna. It was in the magazine Shonene jump and hasnt won any awards yet. IT has 200 pages of exitment and it took me a day to read. The main character is Ichigo Kurosaki in a small city.

Ichigo Kurosaki is a hot tempered teenager. He is forced into a life of fighting demons and his life. He wants to be a soul reaper to save many lives and destroying others. He has to destroy these demons...more
S. J.
Jun 02, 2013 S. J. rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Manga lovers, teenage boys and girls, people interested in manga, fans of the series
Recommended to S. by: Sister
*5 Stars*

My review of Bleach Volume 1 Here I discuss the series as a whole.

Review of Volume 7
Please check out my other reviews of Bleach volumes for brief info on characters you should know that crop up as well as to better understand the series as a whole.

Characters You Should Know

description Tessai Tsukabishi - At times subordinate and others forceful and knowledgeable, his role at the store is not clear. He appears to be freakishly strong and have certain Soul Reaper powers.

description Jinta Hanakari - A young bo...more
Cindy
Apr 19, 2010 Cindy added it
This book is about Ichigo wanting to save Rukia from being executed in soul society because she risked everything for Ichigo and for that she has to die. In order for him to go to soul society he has to train on how to control being a soul without taking a pill. He also have to learn the name of his sword so he has more power.
What I think this book is that is crazy because he has to fight a girl but he thinks she is a wimp. So when they start fighting the girl almost killed Ichigo but he finishe...more
David De
Talyn
"You killed my hat".

Excuse me while I laugh out loud.

Kisuke Urahara would be an AWESOME dad, don't you think? He acts like an Aquarius but in reality he's a Capricorn (December 31st) . Yeah, I have the whole zodiac running in the back of my head whenever I see a birth date.

description

And the introduction of one of my most favorite characters in this series! Gin!

Just so you know I liked certain characters from Bleach before I got into the series. So before reading this I HATED the series but LOVED some of...more
Annchan Maulana
Bleach
Ichigo Kurosaki has ability to see ghosts.
The story begin from the day when he meet with one of the member of Soul Society name Rukia Kuchiki. The member of that society are called shinigami.
The shinigamis are have a duty to fighting a Hollow - evil spirit from humans who display psychic energy.
And after Ichigo know the truth about the world he live with his family is one full of dangerous spirits, he learn to become Shinigami, and his job now along with Rukia is to protect the world fro...more
MissAnnThrope
Bleach, Volume 8: The Blade and Me is so much fun. I really enjoyed the fight scenes between Kisuke and Ichigo that unlocked Ichigo's Soul Reaper powers. Of course, the best part of the entire volume was when Ichigo learned his Zanpakuto's name.

description

Zangetsu, baby! Ohhhh yeahhhh!

How fantastically magnanimous is that thing?!

Finally, Ichigo and friends are about to enter the Soul Society. I can't wait to see all the action with the Soul Reapers.
Bbabri
Jó rész volt.Végre feltűnik az „öreg” Zangetsu is. Nagyon szeretem az ő karakterét is, kár, hogy csak ritkán szerepel. Ichigo-nak végül sikerül visszanyernie az erejét,de később még bajok lesznek belőle. A zanpakutou-ja kinézete is változott, bár még mindig úgy néz ki, mint egy túlméretezett kés.
Rukia-t halálra ítélték. Feltűnik két új kapitány is. Ichimaru és Ken-chaaaaan.
Ken-chan-t is nagyon szeretem. Főleg, amikor eltéved. :-D
A csapat felkészült, és el is indulnak, hogy megmentsék Rukia-t. A...more
Daniel
I liked this volume alot
Sarah Sammis
Bleach 8 is a pause in the action, a deep breath before the entry into the Soul Society.

Although Bleach 8 lacks the action of the previous couple of volumes, it has one of my favorite scenes: Ichigo becomes a Soul Reaper but at a tremendous price. He also learns the name of his zanpaku-tô.

There are also brief glimpses into the Soul Society but so far we are uninitiated voyeurs. Characters are introduced and back stories hinted at. This volume will be fun to go back and reread with a few extra on...more
Andyma
Soul
Jul 04, 2011 Soul rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011
first of all this is the review for volume 1 to 10.

if i don't compare it with any other Manga novels then, it was a great experience to read this series.
the whole concept of Soul reapers was neatly implemented.
And not to forgot it sure was page turner.

but when i compare it with other (and my fav.) Manga series Naruto it was ok.
the character building was not so great. it's almost a headache to remember their names,
and there r lot of other things,

but all in all Worth 4 stars out of 5.
"If it rusts, it can never be trusted
If its owner fails to control it, it will cut him
Yes, pride is
Like a blade"

- Encroachment!!
- "Can you hear me, Ichigo?"
- The world of skyscrapers
- Sentence given
- Gin and Zaraki show up for a little pep talk...
- Ichigo learns a new name
- Plans for summer vacation
- Where Hollows Fear to Tread
- Dangai - Precipice world
Ubalstecha
This volume finds Ichigo continuing his slightly involuntary training session to become a good enough Soul Reaper to rescue Rukia from the Soul Society. In doing so, he meets the spirit of his sword. But can Ichigo master his newly awakened powers in time, before he becomes a hollow.

The series continues at a frantic pace. Good for the action lover.
Soul Evans
I love to read all of these books
Henry
Jul 04, 2008 Henry rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
This was definetly one of my favorite volumes in the series. While there some really, really cool fights and figthing scenes, what I really loved about this volume is the interaction between characters...you get to understand the bonds between them better. The ending makes you want to start on the next volume right away!
Georgina Howlett
Once you have written a review for seven volumes, it becomes harder every time to write one for the next. The one thing I do want to say about this volume however is that I really LOVE the cover. Zangetsu is an amazing Zanpakuto, even if he is a little bit weird in comparison to the others in the world C:

Onto volume eight!
Nikki  King
It was so obvious that he'd become a Soul Reaper... This whole book was practically unnecessary... But still awesome! The dude with the cool striped hat... Great in battle! He was kicking Ichigo's but in this intense moment he finally talks with his sword-thingy and learns it's name! Ice-Cube cool!
Jeffrey
This is an interesting, if hard to evaluate, volume. Ichigo becomes even more insufferably powerful, yet it provides some potentially interesting clues to both his origin and the shopkeeper's. I give it a fourth star for potential, reserving the right to remove it if there's no payoff.

Daniel Lee
in this book, ichico is trying to get his sword back by doing the lesson that urahara tell him to do. after ichico got his sword by doing what the sword tolled him to do. once he got his sword he and some other people went to a place called the soul society
Kati
I loved the scene where Ichigo met the soul of his weapon. I've always found Zangetsu fascinating. And Ichigo's new weapon looks awesome. And again, Ichigo and Ishida bickered, ha! I also really like Chad, he's quite a fascinating character, a gentle giant.
Susan
It's kind of weird that on the US version of the cover, Zangetsu is upside down, but the Chinese version is rightside up. I wonder which way up the Japanese cover is?

Training is over! That was remarkably quick. Not that I'm complaining.
Malxox ♥
I love Kisuke so much!!! <3
Omg so my friend and are had this argument over Bleach and Fairy Tail today. Even though we agree that Natsu and Ichigo are a lot alike we still were arguing as to who was better xD (view spoiler)
Dark$tar
Who wrote the book: It was by Tite Kubo.
Why do you like this book: I like book because it involves powers and it involves clan which for me is very awesome. I also liked it because it was intense and that's when the interesting bits came in.
Stacey
I think this may be my favourite volume so far. It's essentially one long training montage but it does so much to open both the character of Ichigo as well as the world of Bleach.
Kirsten
This volume in the series expands the mythology still further, as it is revealed that every Soul Reaper's spirit blade has a name and is, in a way, an entity unto itself. Neat!
Federiken Masters
Oct 03, 2010 Federiken Masters rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: Bleachistas y espadistas.
Recommended to Federiken by: El trabajo.
El comic es entretenido pero bastante lento, como gran parte de los tomos de esta etapa. Eso sí, los extras son muy graciosos y le suma muchos puntos al producto final.
Kereesa
A volume full of delightful training and a cliffhanger of the gang heading into the gate. Nothing special but some set-up for more to come :P
  • Naruto, Vol. 32:  The Search for Sasuke (Naruto, #32)
1977
久保 帯人, also transliterated Taitou Kubo, Taito Kubo, or Jiu bao dai ren.

The son of a town council member in Fuchu, Aki District, Hiroshima. He never took drawing seriously until he was 17; after reading Dragon Ball he knew he wanted to be a manga artist. At the age of 18 he submitted his first concept for the series Zombiepowder but it got rejected. Zombiepowder was rejected multiple times until K...more
More about Tite Kubo...
Bleach Volume 01: The Death and The Strawberry (Bleach, #1) Bleach, Vol. 15: Beginning of the Death of Tomorrow (Bleach #15) Bleach Volume 03: Memories in the Rain (Bleach #3) Bleach Volume 02: Goodbye Parakeet, Good Night My Sister (Bleach, #2) Bleach Volume 07: The Broken Coda (Bleach #7)

“If it rusts, it can never be trusted
If its owner fails to control it, it will cut him
Yes, pride is like a blade”
36 likes