Start by marking “Der Tod fällt aus dem Rahmen” as Want to Read:
Der Tod fällt aus dem Rahmen

Der Tod fällt aus dem Rahmen

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  422 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Das Ehepaar Patrick und Tasmin Selby zählt zu den Außenseitern der Villengegend von Linchester, denn sie sind Cousin und Cousine. Im Vorfeld von Tasmins Geburtstagsfeier fiebert daher ganz Linchester einem Fest voller Skandale entgegen. Aber nicht einmal die boshaftesten Nachbarn hätten damit gerechnet, dass Patrick am Tag nach der Feier tot aufgefunden wird.
Published 2000 by Goldmann (first published 1965)

To ask other readers questions about Der Tod fällt aus dem Rahmen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Der Tod fällt aus dem Rahmen

Monica
After delaying for years the reading of my first Ruth Rendell book, I certainly wasn’t disappointed! Rendell is a master at mystery writing…never putting the answers directly in front of you but rather leading you in what might or might not be the right direction. Either way, getting to the end of the book is a lot of fun, particularly if you like the subtleness of British mystery writing the way I do.

Jacket notes: “Gossip in tiny Linchester is raised to new heights when young Patrick Selby dies
Lukasz Pruski
Ruth Rendell's "To Fear a Painted Devil" continues my flirtation with traditional British mystery. While quite dated (the novel feels a bit older than the 49 years since its publication), it is a nice and very fast read. This standalone mystery features a country doctor as the reluctant sleuth, and police is not mentioned even once.

The story takes place in and around Linchester, which is a cluster of upscale houses in Nottinghamshire. In the set-up that takes almost half of this short novel we m
Paul
1 star for general story-telling, 5 for Max and Bernice Greenleaf!
Iblena
Classic English-style mystery with clues to confuse the reader and unexpected plot twist at the end, with the personal touch of Ruth Rendell. Good read, but the story does not have the intensity and the darkness of psychological suspense novels most famous.
Shirley
Always enjoy her stand alone books for the character development as well as plot.
Sara
This is not part of the Inspector Wexford series, but the character of Doctor Greenleaf serves as the "normal" investigative personality, a welcome contrast to the quirkiness/weirdness of the other characters in this "new" upscale development, built on the site of an old estate.
The ending was actually quite poignant but along the way I got impatient with the obsessions of most of the Linchester dwellers.
Some insight into how England is being changed by developers and the "cost/benefit" to indi
Daelith
Jun 18, 2014 Daelith marked it as did-not-finish  ·  review of another edition
32 pages and I could not get interested. Rather confusing characters.
Joanne
Very good, as usual.
Jill Hutchinson
Ruth Rendell's writing always has just a bit of darkness to it in the midst of the mystery. This book, however, does not have the usual twisted undertones but still is a compelling story. Red herrings abound and the killer is not quite as easy to identify as one would imagine. Has the victim been killed by wasps, died from natural causes (not likely in a Rendell story) or is some secret in the lives of the neighborhood behind it? Read and discover the answer from this master of modern British my ...more
Linda Rowland
See The Secret House of Death.
Rita	 Marie
The copyright date on this book is 1965! Not as outstandingly wonderful as Rendell's later books and just a teensy bit dated, but still a terrific mystery. This was not so much a why-dunnit as a who-dunnit, and even was-it-done-at-all. Could have been an accident.

Very intriguing, with a good cast of characters. I didn't catch on until quite close to the end, which was entirely credible given the way the personalities had been developed throughout the book.
Amy
Aug 09, 2009 Amy rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: a mystery lover
Shelves: mysteries
Mysteries are my secret pleasure, especially English manor mysteries. They're what I read when I want to be transported to a past where things were both simpler and yet complicated because of the way everyone's lives in a community became intertwined. This book met that need perfectly and my nostalgia has been satisfied. I've always wanted to read a Ruth Rendell mystery since seeing one of them on PBS' Mystery, and I may read another some day.
Jaina S
not Ruth Rendell's best but a pretty good book overall. there are a TON of characters all introduced pretty much simultaneously, and it takes a little while to get them all straightened out in your head. it's pretty typical Ruth Rendell -- a mix of psychological sort-of thriller with sociological commentary. This one seems a bit more 'dated' than some of her other work.
Ms. Jared
I didn't love this one. It didn't have the surprise/twist ending I've come to expect from her. Or maybe it did, but it wasn't as much of a jaw dropper as I expected. Either way, it was short but it had a lot of characters so was a bit confusing in the beginning. Overall it was just okay.
Karschtl
Ein bißchen altbackener Krimi (kein Wunder bei dem Erscheinungsjahr 1965). Ich habe bis Seite 120 durchgehalten (bis zum Ende der Party also), dann 60 Seiten ausgelassen und dann wieder die letzten 20 Seiten gelesen. Und trotzdem alles mitbekommen, da alle für die Aufklärung relevanten Fakten dort erst aufgedeckt werden.
Ladiibbug
Murder Mystery

Orig. published in 1975, this is an OK read. Ruth Rendell is a favorite author when it comes to psychological suspense/murder mysteries. I like reading her extensive backlist while waiting for new books to come out.
Teresa
Not my favorite of Rendell's books, but still a great read. It's interesting to read the early stuff to see just how talented she was to begin with and how she grew as an author.
Lili
I have yet to read a poor Ruth Rendell mystery. in fact I have enjoyed reading them all. Not all at once but over the years.
Riversue
Another good read for my hospital stay - fast and entertaining. Not as good as one of her more recent forays.
Bgordonsgirl
oNE OF THE MOST CHILLING BOOKS i'VE EVER READ.
Lesley
Okay, not my favourite
  • Gallowglass
  • The Stargazey (Richard Jury, #15)
  • A Pinch of Snuff (Dalziel & Pascoe, #5)
  • Harvest of Thorns
  • Death at the Alma Mater (A St. Just Mystery #3)
  • The Poorhouse Fair
  • Bloodhounds (Peter Diamond, #4)
  • Scarlet Song
  • The Chalon Heads (Brock & Kolla, #4)
A.K.A. Barbara Vine

Ruth Barbara Rendell, Baroness Rendell of Babergh, CBE, who also writes under the pseudonym Barbara Vine, is an acclaimed English crime writer, known for her many psychological thrillers and murder mysteries.
More about Ruth Rendell...
From Doon With Death (Inspector Wexford, #1) A Judgement in Stone The Babes in the Wood (Inspector Wexford, #19) A Sight for Sore Eyes Kissing the Gunner's Daughter (Inspector Wexford, #15)