Wildkatzen mit Samthandschuhen. Sonderausgabe

Wildkatzen mit Samthandschuhen. Sonderausgabe

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  555 ratings  ·  20 reviews
With her public school education, trust fund and castle for a family home, Elizabeth Savage has seemingly led a privileged life. But the one thing she really wants, the chance to prove herself in the world of work, is the one thing she can’t get. New Yorker Nina Roth, on the other hand, was born the wrong side of the tracks, and it’s sheer grit and determination that have...more
Paperback
Published March 31st 2005 by Droemer Knaur (first published 1997)

Emma
Tall Poppies isnthe story of two girls from completely different backgrounds. It describes the troubles they face and how their lives intertwine, and I really liked it!

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. I read it all in one go on a seven hour flight and thought it was very well written with inspiring, motivated characters and an interesting plot. I thought it was very interesting that Louise Bagshawe wrote in such a way that although both Nina and Elizabeth were a bit stroppy, unreasonable, an...more
Ellie
Another one of Louise Bagshawe's great chick-lit books! The audience are put through their emotions where they are angry, happy and sad on behalf of the characters; a real mix of emotions! I even cried during two particular parts in the book!
This book definitely has a lot of romance in it but it still shows the women as strong and very intelligent! It can also be a little long at times but still worth reading!
Ellie
I did not know what to expect from Tall Poppies, when I read the blurb I felt intrigued and I am happy to say it is one of the best novels I have read. Both lead characters are very likeable, two tough cookies...one an unwanted daughter of a smarmy British Lord and the other a poor Brooklyn girl-come ritch girl. I have never before read a book with a skiing backdrop and wow louise bagshaw obviously knows her stuff!!! I would have to agree with a quote on the book cover, the sex scenes are orgasm...more
Eli
Only a few chapters in & already sub-par research is annoying me. The author can't stress that it's the 1970s in depression-crushed Brooklyn & then have the high school drop-out character get a job paying only $6/hr. On top of it, Nina gets 2 raises within a few months. It's silly fiction, but it's reading like fantasy. I'd be willing to bet anything that minimum wage in the 1970s was under $3/hr. (Yes. I looked it up. Took ~3 seconds. In 1979, minimum wage was $2.90/hr.)

Predictable (rem
Kathryn
I read this in the summer of 2011, at the recommendation of a friend. This was my first Bagshawe read, and I guess my first official British read.

I really enjoyed the story, but I remember feeling as though it dragged in a little. I felt the book was a little long, but the end result was worth it.

As I read this, I remember wondering what I would do in this particular situation. I really, to this day, have no idea.

A good read if you like chick lit, but a little on the long side. Also, some of...more
♥ Marlene♥
It started out quite nicely and I enjoyed it but after a while it felt like i was reading a harlequin or as we in The Netherlands call them, a bouquet reeks. The women are gorgeous, smart and very horny, the men are handsome, domineering, bronzed , manly and also very horny. lol
They like each other but by misunderstanding each other they are not couples. Typical like a harlequin. I do think this is much better than those. There is at least a bit of substance in the book.
Stwongts

To be honest, I picked this book up without much expectations. I thought its going to be just a ok read for me to pass time on the train but I found myself unable to let it go. I read every page from start to end, feeling a little lost when I'm on the last page.
Gagan Somal

I enjoyed reading this book. It's not a book from which you take away something or one which stays with you and think about afterwards. It's just an entertaining over the top not too well researched adrenaline high book, and sometimes I am in the mood for those!
Cat
I call books like this one literary pallete clensers.Nice, easy fun chick lit. Nothing more, nothing less. Perfect for when you just want something to pass the time and ease you into your next thriller or thought provoking novel.
Aubrey
It's been a while since I've read a romance-ish book, but it was okay because it encouraged the women's lib movement and how the men and ladies must compromise to make the relationship work.
Penny Little
I read a lot of 'chick-lit' and Victorian family sagas during the weeks I am working as they don't take much thinking about and they always have a happy ending. A bit of escapism, too.
Alesia
Pure "chick-lit". Everytime I read one of these things just reminds me why I usually don't. And the author could have at least done a little research into authentic medical procedures.
Sana
Louise Bagshawe fans would love this book as it lives up to the expectations of her readers. The charcters are strong willed and know how to deal with adversity.
Connie Werner Reichert
"When You are too successful, you must be cut-down to size." Austrian proverb about the Tall Poppy syndrome.
Claire
This book showed me the power of a women's will to achieve her dream. I was blown away!
Ellen
Enjoyed the read. Loved the twists and turns.
Robyn
First Louise Bagshawe I read and easily the best!
Nurlili
Loved the characters!! 
Amanda
First Louise Bagshawe I read
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
Autumn Herah
Autumn Herah marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
  • Bare Necessity
  • Forbidden Places
  • The Men's Guide to the Women's Bathroom
  • Guilty Pleasures
Louise Daphne Bagshawe was born on 28 June 1971 in England, UK. She attended local all-girls Catholic schools near her family home in Surrey, before going to Oxford University in 1989. After graduating with a degree in Anglo Saxon and Norse, she worked as press officer with EMI records and then as a marketing official with Sony Music. On her 22nd birthday, her passion for writing was realised with...more
More about Louise Bagshawe...
Glamour Sparkles Tuesday's Child Glitz Passion