Start by marking “Ce qui est précieux (Le combat ordinaire, #3)” as Want to Read:
Ce qui est précieux (Le combat ordinaire, #3)

Ce qui est précieux (Le combat ordinaire #3)

Troisième tome du Combat ordinaire, dans lequel Larcenet poursuit le récit de la vie de Marco, ce photographe de presse venu donner une nouvelle direction à sa vie - et qui, peut-être, lui ressemble un peu. Cette fois, Marco se retrouve confronté au suicide de son père et à tous les mystères de cet homme qu'il n'a toujours pas résolus.
Published March 2006 by Dargaud (Média-Participations) (first published June 9th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Ce qui est précieux, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ce qui est précieux

Troy
Mar 12, 2009 Troy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, read-in-2009

This review, on Madinkbeard, is one of the best review of this comic that I've read.

This comic isn't a stand alone comic, but is very clearly the second half of Ordinary Victories, and as such, it should be judged along with the last book. It's a beautiful, quiet book, focusing on precious and fleeting moments.

I've read a lot of fantastic comics in the last few months, and seemingly the wonderful comics keep coming. This is one of the best. I've made that claim for the last few comics I've read,
Dan
May 03, 2012 Dan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not sure I've ever seen the human condition so beautifully and simply illustrated. I'm completely floored.
Stephen
Feb 24, 2014 Stephen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Touching moments between real people. Can't say enough about this wonderful book. I especially liked how it threw in a little bit of everything: The main character had some anger and commitment issues, as well as professional misgivings and existential angst. He was, however, comfortable with different generations of people in his life (both younger and older) and I believe that is what got him past focusing on just his own problems and connecting with others.

The best part was finding a graphic
Julie Rylie
I got hooked on this books/ this author, I think everything this guy does is really personal and I really like that.

I'll have to write the same review for the 3 volumes I already read because I cannot differentiate anymore what belongs to where.

So this is the story of a guy that is a photographer completely overwhelmed in the city, taking anti depressants and going to therapy that decides that is more to life than living in constant fear of his own mind/ emotions so he decides to move to the cou
Leo Horovitz
This is the second and concluding collection in English, containing the third and fourth part from the original French versions. It continues in the style of the previous book, presenting the everyday life of a troubled person who nonetheless, is beginning to have a pretty good life. He now has a steady girlfriend with whom he now lives. All is not well though, his father committed suicide towards the end of the last book seemingly due to his advancing dementia. While struggling with this proble ...more
Matti Karjalainen
Manu Larcenetin "Pieniä voittoja 3 : Millä on väliä" (WSOY, 2008) on likipitäen hienointa käännettyä ranskalaista nykysarjakuvaa. Kolmikymppinen valokuvaaja Marco jatkaa ponnisteluaan läpi elämän, välillä terapiaan ja paniikkihäiriötä torjuviin lääkkeisiin turvautuen.

Sarjan kolmannessa osassa Marcon alzheimeria sairastanut isä on tehnyt itsemurhan, ja poika joutuu käymään läpi suhdetaan menneisyyteen lukemalla vanhaa päiväkirjaa, joka tuntuu sisältävän vain merkityksettömiä huomioita arkipäiväst
Brenton
Oct 08, 2009 Brenton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This continues where the original Ordinary Victories book left off, tracking Marco through more turns of life - losing a parent, becoming a father, coming to grips with the flow of time and irreversible change in the world around him. Beautiful and poignant, with the new-wave French art style shared by contemporaries such as Lewis Trondheim and Joann Sfar.
Feather Mista
¡Al fin! ¡Al fin un tomo que no termina con una muerte! Es más, para compensar los otros finales este termina con el anuncio de una futura vida. Y por lo que llevo leído del tomo 4, se ve que finalmente las cosas comienzan a cambiar para bien. No se arreglan, no es todo perfecto ni rosa, pero comienza a haber luz al final del túnel. Supongo que cuando me termine el 4 veré si hago una review del integral o si lo dejo para cuando haga una lectura íntegra de corrido, pero seguro que el promedio de ...more
Dominic Tiberio
Sep 21, 2014 Dominic Tiberio rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
Profound. These are two of the greatest graphic novels I have ever experienced. They are subtle and honest and have a depth and heart not found elsewhere. Manu captures life entirely and perfectly and almost every page has at least one quote that will resonate with you and make you really sit and think. As with the last volume, nothing I write can capture or convey what is found within these pages and do it any justice. Out of all of the books I have read and recommended this series would be the ...more
Philippe Lhoste
Nov 21, 2010 Philippe Lhoste rated it really liked it
Shelves: bd-europ-enne
Marco s'oppose à sa vétérinaire qui veut un enfant. Il photographie l'atelier de son père (thème des illustrations noir & blanc de l'album).
Un éditeur veut faire un livre de ses photos de l'Atelier 22.

Comme l'indique le titre, c'est le combat ordinaire d'un homme ordinaire, qui lutte pour donner un sens à son existence.
À noter l'ancrage des albums dans l'actualité de l'époque, l'élection présidentielle avec une femme candidate, etc.
Steve
I had to reread the first book to remember the characters, but it was worth it. The story and plot are understated but real, the characters are flawed but likeable, and the artwork is amazing. I really like Larcenet's backgrounds and landscape work, especially, although his "cartoony" characters are also quite expressive.
Rkottamasu
The patchwork plotting was satisfying in that it felt unforced, and this is a great quality in a format that can be as rigid and linear as graphic novels. The only drawback of that type of storytelling is that I didn't connect as meaningfully with the main character as I might have through a single, linear narrative.
H
Jan 10, 2011 H added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
wow
Mathieu
Jul 29, 2011 Mathieu rated it really liked it
Plus sombre que les tomes précédents, la qualité est toujours au rendez-vous. Toutefois, il vaut mieux le lire dans un bon jour celui-ci...
Dominic Fortin-Charland
Sep 01, 2012 Dominic Fortin-Charland rated it really liked it
Le spectacle funèbre d'un deuil... et d'une nouvelle vie.
Pascal
May 17, 2016 Pascal rated it really liked it
Shelves: bd
On retrouve avec envie l'histoire d'un jeune photographe à la recherche de soi même, ses origines, sa famille, ses amours, son métier...et à la fois on considère notre propre destinée...
 auria
a great follow up
Malapata
Feb 10, 2014 Malapata rated it liked it
Shelves: comic
En realiad un 3'5. Me deja la misma impresión que el segundo, es un capítulo de una historia más grande y no tiene sentido leerlo por separado si no se tienen el resto para completarla.
Aaron
Aug 25, 2008 Aaron rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
5 stars for the comic, minus 1 star for the translation.
Sylvain Bérubé
Mar 03, 2016 Sylvain Bérubé rated it it was amazing
Getonjolly
Getonjolly rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2012
Roebek
Roebek rated it really liked it
May 30, 2012
fonfose
fonfose rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2015
Aumonier
Aumonier rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2016
Frédéric
Frédéric rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2016
Christophe Alibert
Christophe Alibert rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2015
Mathieu Poulin-Lamarre
Mathieu Poulin-Lamarre rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2016
Gette
Gette rated it really liked it
Apr 21, 2009
Sergio
Sergio rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2012
  • Âme rouge (Blacksad, #3)
  • Coeur de canard (Donjon Zénith,#1)
  • Peter Pan #4 : Mains rouges
  • Le Secret du janissaire (De Cape et de Crocs, #1)
  • Bonny and Pierrot (Les Vieux Fourneaux, #2)
  • Quai d'Orsay. Chroniques diplomatiques, tome 2
  • Idées noires : L'intégrale
  • Paul à Québec
  • Wake: Gearing Up (Sillage, #3)
Manu Larcenet (full name: Emmanuel Larcenet) is a French comics writer and artist. He has been working with Fluide Glacial magazine since 1994 and with Spirou magazine since 1997.
More about Manu Larcenet...

Le combat ordinaire (4 books)
  • Ordinary Victories
  • Les Quantités négligeables (Le combat ordinaire, #2)
  • Planter des clous (Le combat ordinaire, #4)