Start by marking “Eating With The Angels” as Want to Read:
Eating With The Angels

Eating With The Angels

Connie Farrell, a New York restaurant critic, is sitting in a first class seat on her way to Venice for the second honeymoon of a lifetime. There's only one problem - Tom, her high school sweetheart and husband of ten years, is not sitting next to her.
Paperback
Published May 1st 2006 by Black Swan Books, Limited (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Eating With The Angels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eating With The Angels

Natalie
Mar 03, 2017 Natalie rated it it was ok
This was my least-favorite SKL book. I didn't trust the main character, and her 'attitude' was odd to me. Part shrew, part innocent, part victim. It was an odd mix that had me mistrusting all the things she said. Add in memory loss, and I was lost with who to believe was telling the truth. The plot was an interesting concept and I enjoyed the POV and the unique-ness.
Kiwiflora
Jan 20, 2017 Kiwiflora rated it it was amazing
I don't care what others say about Sarah-Kate Lynch's books, I love them. They are formulaic yes, exotic and romantic settings lushly and sensuously described, there is a young woman immersed in some sort of crisis, usually involving a broken heart, there are older and wiser people who guide and help our young heroine to a better, happier and simpler existence. Plus there is always lurrrve. What a recipe, fool proof, delicious and satisfying to read. She must get such a kick out of writing these ...more
The Cats Mother
I thought this was going to be a chick-lit rom-com with a foodie slant, but it's actually more serious than that, and I liked it more for that reason. It's hard to review without giving too much away: Connie, a 30-something restaurant reviewer, travels to Venice for what is supposed to be her 2nd honeymoon with her husband, but he doesn't show up so she goes alone, meets a handsome gondolier and eats amazing food. There are hints though that things are not as they seem and when she finds herself ...more
Pythia
E' il terzo romanzo della Lynch che mi divoro nel giro di pochi giorni: peccato non sia all'altezza di "Fragole e champagne" e "Pane e cioccolato".
La trama è molto vicina al genere della chick lit, con una protagonista in balia di situazioni un po' assurde, complicati problemi di cuore e non uno, ma ben tre uomini che le ronzano attorno.
Sebbene lo spunto motore della storia potesse promettere bene, il romanzo resta superficiale e scontato, con passaggi talmente veloci che non si riescono ad assa
Hannah
Aug 18, 2011 Hannah rated it really liked it
Another great Sarah Kate Lynch! I bet this book spawned from a conversation about what it would be like if you couldn't taste food anymore. And that theory has been well explored. I like the characters, I like how well the food is described, I wish I was eating stuffed sardines right now. I'm sure if you like Marian Keyes you'll like Sarah Kate Lynch. Although it doesn't bother me like it bothers others, I do wonder why none of her books are set in NZ - where she was born and continues to live. ...more
Regina
Feb 23, 2010 Regina rated it liked it
It is tough for me to review this one. I love Sarah-Kate Lynch, and of the 5 her novels I've read, this is the first one I haven't given 5 stars. It's not that I didn't enjoy this story - I did. The problem is that Lynch, who is from New Zealand, wrote this novel in the first-person voice of a New Yorker. But not in "American" English. Unfortunately, this was very distracting. The main character in no way could pass as being from the U.S., and definitely not as having grown up on Manhattan. Sorr ...more
Chel
Jun 16, 2011 Chel rated it liked it
Confusing and disjointed storyline, slow to start, but by about page 100 of a 230 page book I became mildly interested. I am addicted on novels on food and Italy, but was expecting more Italian content from the synopsis. This book was not the best I have read in travel/food alogue, but there was a point where it reached this comfort level even if not for the whole book.

As I had reached a reading block for the past few months, this was an easy read, and I am not sure why I have high expectations
Alida arabelle
May 15, 2015 Alida arabelle rated it it was ok
It was terrible.spoileralert.. I mean she was in coma and dreamt it all..then she gets back and goes for Marc then settles for his dad..that was gross..ok the eating with angels part was ok..that lukes angel had purple hair..Fine but ewww it made me nauseous. .The thing on the back was not even close to the book..pls don't look at it and buy it ..truly yuckky.pls don't buy it if u think it's a rom com it's a pukey book..why do such people even right..such lies in the reviews and back of the book ...more
Juliana Graham
Jul 30, 2011 Juliana Graham rated it liked it
I found this book very difficult to get into but it was worth perservering with as it improved after about 40 pages and the reasons for the confusing plot became clear. Some brilliant descriptions of food and Venice made me want to got Italy and eat LOTS! A good resolution in the end, which I didn't see coming, but then again I never do. So, if you're thinking of reading this, stick with it and it will be worth it in the end!
Mariana
Apr 16, 2016 Mariana rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Didn't much like this one. Couldn't really stand the self absorbed character and the father-son situation. I had just watched How To Be Single which sort of echoed with this. I was also reminded of another story where the character had an accident goes into a coma and wakes up beautiful and successful etc. etc. I think it was by Sophie Kinsella? Will have to check my reading list.
CeciliaChristine
Feb 01, 2015 CeciliaChristine rated it really liked it
Per il suo genere, romanzo leggero e scorrevole, si merita un 4 stelline, come libro adatto a un pomeriggio di pioggia.
Pensato forse per un pubblico che in Italia non ci vive e che ne ha un'immagine di tripudio di sapori, odori e uomini sexy, è comunque una lettura piacevole che può far pensare alla vita che abbiamo avuto, che abbiamo e che vorremmo costruire.
Andrea
Jan 12, 2012 Andrea rated it really liked it
I loved the main character in this book, Connie. At times you really do feel sorry for her :( When the twist appears after her trip to venice, i got so engrossed with the story! I needed to know what happened next! I love Sarah-Kate's way of writing, quite witty and made me laugh at times, i like how Connie could be quite sarcastic :) Overall, i really liked it! Highly recommended!
Joanne
Jan 22, 2008 Joanne added it
This is true crap-ola. I don't know if I'll forgive her for this one. I read one of hers about cheese and it was kind of okay, in a sweet Irish movie kind of way.

Eating with the angels involves amnesia. Say no more!
Marcia Conner
Mar 24, 2013 Marcia Conner rated it liked it
Shelves: delightful
Despite this getting the lowest rating of all the Sarah-Kate Lynch books I've read (and I've read all I could get my hands on in the US), this is still far better than most fiction of its kind. Well-written, tasty, and great fun! Just not as utterly amazing as her other books.
Sadaf Hassan
Aug 02, 2011 Sadaf Hassan rated it liked it
Alot of twists and was very unpredictable, I liked how it highlighted different dishes that would make one's mouth water. However because I've already read a couple of books in which the character is experiencing memory issues, so this one did not intrigue me that much.
Samaire
Fun little read about re-inventing yourself and finding your way in the world. Light, funny, and humorous, and a sweet, little pick-me-up mood booster.
Carla
Sep 23, 2008 Carla rated it really liked it
Like author, all about a critic who loses her sense of taste after an accident
Miranda
Jul 10, 2016 Miranda rated it it was ok
Shelves: novel, chic-lit
picked up this novel because it said on the back it was about a culinary reviewers adventures in Venice, Italy. except that it wasn't. I finished it just to finish it. ah well.
Erna Bosse
Dec 28, 2014 Erna Bosse rated it did not like it
I did not finish the book.
Valerie
Oct 16, 2009 Valerie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great read with lots about Italian food, the effects of brain surgery and the wonders of Venice. Really very enjoyable and one to remember.
Amanda Forrest
Aug 05, 2013 Amanda Forrest rated it liked it
Slow starter and was annoyed with twist, nearly gave up, but then it got real funny haha
Adri
Jun 14, 2012 Adri rated it liked it

Enjoyed reading this. It is not high literature, but it never pretends to be. But it is also not pulp fiction. I would have given 3.5 stars if that was possible.
Berta Frisbie-boyd
Jun 12, 2014 Berta Frisbie-boyd rated it it was amazing
great book !!
Cheyenne Allenspach
Apr 09, 2012 Cheyenne Allenspach rated it did not like it
I felt like the plot was a little confusing and definitely not as good as her other books. House of Daugthers was way better!
Tori S
Tori S rated it really liked it
Jul 02, 2011
Moonika
Moonika rated it it was ok
Oct 23, 2014
Debbie Richter
Debbie Richter rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2014
Joanne Anderson
Joanne Anderson rated it it was ok
Jul 16, 2012
Amy Macbeth
Amy Macbeth rated it liked it
Nov 12, 2010
Betsy Macdonald
Betsy Macdonald rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Ballroom Class
  • The Fabulously Fashionable Life of Isabel Bookbinder (Isabel Bookbinder #2)
  • Late Night Shopping (Annie Valentine, #2)
  • Short Fat Chick to Marathon Runner
  • Confinement
  • This Way To Spaceship
  • Angels Crest
  • Voci
  • The Lady's Scandalous Night (Tang Dynasty, #2.5)
  • The Wish List
  • All Blacks Don't Cry
  • A neve ferma
  • Uncle's Story (Contemporary Pacific Literature)
  • Diaries Volume One: Prelude to Power
  • My Lurid Past
  • West of the Wall
  • Bad Guys (A Gibbons and Tozzi Novel, #1)
  • Ali di babbo
Sarah-Kate Lynch is quite a cranky journalist of several decades who prefers making things up to recording them accurately. This is not very good if you are a journalist, which may explain (a) the crankiness and (b) why she now writes novels.

She also writes two columns in the New Zealand Woman's Day, New Zealand's best-selling weekly magazine. One is about nothing and the other is about travel.

Sar
More about Sarah-Kate Lynch...