Start by marking “Points of Light” as Want to Read:
Points of Light

Points of Light

3.75  ·  Rating Details  ·  59 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Published January 1st 1988 by Little Brown and Company

To ask other readers questions about Points of Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Points of Light

Julie Barrett
Feb 29, 2016 Julie Barrett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Points of light by Sexton_ Linda Gray
Woman who lives in NH goes through birth and is an artist. She befriends another woman who moves to the area who is also an artist.
Loved hearing of their work spaces and how she sees things in the children about their life. Family tragedy occurs and it takes her a while to wrap her head around it all.
Like how she interacts with her husband, his dreams of raising horses and selling them, where she sells her paintings to tie them over til the next month. She c
Amanda Keel
Aug 13, 2011 Amanda Keel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book about 18 years ago and the story has stayed with me... it is beautifully written and the story is so tragic I cried like a baby....
Mary
Sep 07, 2014 Mary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book, beautifully written, but it really messed me up. I read it MANY years ago and the subject matter broke my heart.
V
Jan 16, 2016 V rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Grief in its most raw form. This book and its haunting imagery will stay with me a while.
Tammy
Jun 19, 2010 Tammy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is the second time I have read this book. It made more of an impression the first time I read it. It is a story about a mother whose favorite child dies, which causes her to lose touch with reality.
Wendy Brown-Baez
Love and family, loss and grief, artistic vulnerability and trust, this book explores the interior of a life with grace, compassion, honesty, and delightful details
Linda
Aug 26, 2011 Linda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 for this story of a woman who loses her two-year old son and withdraws from her husband and two daughters.
Terri
Apr 19, 2012 Terri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. But it traumatized me and broke my heart. I run from books about children in peril now.
Erma Aker
Feb 05, 2008 Erma Aker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Jenn, Annella
Wonderful book, very well written. Again high on the sob factor. Am I noting a trend?
Sue Kozlowski
Sep 03, 2013 Sue Kozlowski rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kelly Collins
Jul 24, 2010 Kelly Collins rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A weeper, but gotta love a book that makes you weep.
Drew
Mar 26, 2010 Drew added it
Points of Light: A Novel by Linda Gray Sexton (1988)
Hala Ali
Hala Ali marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2016
Cricket Kelly
Cricket Kelly marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2016
Simone Levy
Simone Levy marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2016
Nance
Nance rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2016
Jayne
Jayne rated it liked it
Nov 09, 2015
Louise Silk
Louise Silk rated it did not like it
Nov 05, 2015
Angelia
Angelia marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2015
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2015
Skämsta
Skämsta marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2015
Jismith
Jismith rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2015
Christine Fay
Christine Fay marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015
Lauri Smith
Lauri Smith marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
Jenn
Jenn marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Thean Yen
Thean Yen rated it liked it
Nov 26, 2014
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Linda Gray Sexton was born in Newton, Massachusetts in 1953. As the daughter of the Pulitzer Prize-winning poet, Anne Sexton, she grew up in a home filled with books and words and an attention to language, and at an early age she, too, began to write. Afternoons were sometimes spent together with her mother, reading aloud from Anne’s favorite poems.

By the time Linda was an adolescent, she had beg
More about Linda Gray Sexton...