Start by marking “Secret Invasion: The Infiltration” as Want to Read:
Secret Invasion: The Infiltration

Secret Invasion: The Infiltration (Secret Invasion)

3.58  ·  Rating Details  ·  710 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Presents a close encounter of the Skrull kind as four shape-changing aliens pose as Mr Fantastic, the Invisible Girl, the Thing, and the Human Torch in an attempt to destroy the fledgling Fantastic Four. This title collects Fantastic Four number 2, New Avengers: Illuminati number 1 and number 5, and New Avengers number 31-32 and 38-39.
Published April 16th 2008 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Secret Invasion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secret Invasion

Gregory
Dec 10, 2015 Gregory rated it really liked it
I really wanted to give The Infiltration five stars! I love big cross-over events and the very premise of Secret Invasion is so intriguing. Basically, post Civil War, the super hero world is in shambles. Many of the big teams have broken up and many heroes have gone into hiding rather than sign up in Tony Stark's dumb-ass Registration Act. I really don't want to spoil anything, because the reveals are so much fun, but in short, the New Avengers take on a mission to rescue one of their own. One b ...more
C.J. Edmunds
Jun 27, 2011 C.J. Edmunds rated it liked it
Most would take from history lessons learnt in order to understand the present, internalize the mistakes of the past and synthesize both for usage & safekeeping of the future. But at times, what we don't count on are the truths we uncover & the lingering effect it has on us.

Secret Invasion: Infiltration traces & collects several issues of different Marvel titles dating back from the 1962 issue of Fantastic Four, to the more recent issues of Mighty Avengers, The New Avengers featuring
J'aime
Apr 07, 2014 J'aime rated it really liked it
“Preludes” sometimes miss the mark, either by not having enough or the right material. They are supposed to help orient the reader for the main event by recapping critical scenes that occurred across the many Marvel titles that lead into it. Each of the individual series all have parts of the conspiracy, so while Infiltration is very good, it’s still not enough for readers who don’t read any of the individual titles. I’m still uncertain, even after reading this, the main event and the Mighty Ave ...more
Victor
Aug 20, 2014 Victor rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
I specifically picked up this book to get a feel for the background of this event and I will say that this comic does a really good job of setting up the Secret Invasion. It includes several issues of previous comics that help the uninformed get an idea of what the event is about.

For the most part, the issues chosen do a great job of setting the stage for the crossover and give meaningful detail about what is to come. I will say though that the first issue included was one of the first Fantasti
Jose Monarrez
Oct 20, 2015 Jose Monarrez rated it liked it
Realmente dejando de lado dos o tres primicias, es una introducción demasiado inconexa, por lo que deja mucho que desear, esperamos que tenga un mejor desarrollo en la invasión en forma, eso si, te da una introducción solida a los skrulls, lo cual te ayuda a comprender como y por que son considerados una amenaza fuerte para la raza humana.

Creo que lo mas interesante es que da escenario para una union entre las sagas galácticas del universo marvel (Drax y guardianes de la galaxia, los estoy viend
Holden Attradies
I really good book to read with/alongside the Secret Invasion TPB, although I'm guessing most of these stories were in their respective series Secret Invasion tie ins.

Except for the first story (a re-print of the original Fantastic Four appearance of the skrulls, which felt really out of place here) the stories flowed together really well. So well in fact I can't imagine making enjoying them on their own as part of their own series, but I suppose that's why I'm a book/TPB reader of comics and no
Katy
Jun 06, 2012 Katy rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
So there was a lady Ultron, and the New Avengers killed the leader of the Hand, Elektra. When she died, her body turned into a Skrull, signalling the beginning of an invasion from the shape-shifting aliens. Infiltration apparently sets up Secret Invasion? Which is the next big arc after Civil War, which I finished just before the Avengers movie came out this May.

The last issue of this (Secret Invasion Saga) is SUPER helpful at setting up the backstory to the Skrull invasion. All my Skrull knowle
Fizzgig76
Reprints Fantastic Four #2, New Avengers: Illuminati #1 and #5, New Avengers #31-32 and #38-39, Mighty Avengers #7, and Avengers: The Initiative Annual #1. The Fantastic Four encounter the Skrulls for the first time, and through encounters with the Illuminati, the Skrulls stage their invasion. This is Marvel's attempt to make sense of the mess of Secret Invasion. All said, this is probably better than the series which, like this collection, is a jumble of stories that don't seem to quite match u ...more
Todd
Dec 03, 2014 Todd rated it really liked it
I read this out of order, so sue me. The Fantastic Four issue is a nice addition but as usual when included in collections like these, it seems a bit out of place. Stan Lee's writing is not the worst but not that great.

The issues of New Avengers and the Illuminati really get you ready for Secret Invasion. The Mighty Avengers issue is nice but not absolutely necessary.
Christian Smith
Jan 17, 2016 Christian Smith rated it really liked it
Beginnings to story arcs are always great but this start was superb. The secrecy and unknown of the secret invasion is the key to its success. This comic is all around amazing.

Pros
-great art
-great story
-crap ton of characters
Cons
-little bit slow in the middle but it picks up
Reanne
Dec 21, 2014 Reanne rated it did not like it
Ugh, superhero comics have gotten so bleak and cynical, with everyone dying or splitting up or turning on each other. And so much political stuff that's way too close to reality. I hated the whole Civil War thing and this is just more of the same. When will comics be fun again?
Richard
Jul 02, 2009 Richard rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
Secret Invasion: The Infiltration is a collection of various comics that begins Marvel's BIG event after the Civil War story arc. This collection actually starts with the classic Fantastic Four #2 as they first meet The Skulls, a shape shifting alien race. The rest of the TPB is of recent events that include New Avengers and Illuminati as the setting for the Skrulls plan to conquer Earth. Why does The Skrull want to conquer Earth? What is their plan? MINOR SPOILER...Who can be trusted is the mai ...more
Brad
Aug 01, 2009 Brad rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, marvel
It'd be nice if this origin story for Secret Invasion could have curated by one of Marvel's writers. As is, it included the first Skrull story from the sixties, then some of Brian Michael Bendis' recent Avengers stories that re-introduce the Skrulls to Earth. Anyone reading Bendis' work, which is good on its own, doesn't need to get this book, since the early Skrull story, which even references a planned invasion and ends with the shape-shifters turned into cows, is a pretty well-known story.
Jacob
Nov 09, 2015 Jacob rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
As interesting as it is too see all this in once place, it's still just a bunch of reprints
Moe
Feb 29, 2012 Moe rated it really liked it
Good story and art but seriously the Skrull Empire has infiltrated the world's governments, The Avengers, S.H.I.E.L.D., HYDRA, and every level of human society and they don't know that Luke Cage doesn't look a reject from a 1970's "Blacksploitation" action movie anymore?
Rolands Kalniņš
Dec 26, 2013 Rolands Kalniņš rated it liked it
A good read, that establishes the Secret invasion storyline
Aug 27, 2011 Sarah rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic_novels
There were a lot of issues that were already included in other collections, so it seemed a bit redundant at times.
Joe
Apr 28, 2014 Joe rated it liked it
Very good Marvel Comics work.
I want to read it all, right now.
Sabrina
May 16, 2012 Sabrina rated it really liked it
Patrick Mack
Patrick Mack marked it as to-read
May 02, 2016
Vinny
Vinny marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
Cory
Cory rated it liked it
Apr 23, 2016
unknown
unknown marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016
Amanda Garner
Amanda Garner marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2016
Noel Monahan
Noel Monahan rated it liked it
Apr 15, 2016
Brian
Brian rated it really liked it
Apr 13, 2016
Rute Teixeira
Rute Teixeira rated it it was amazing
Apr 24, 2016
Vladimir Antoine
Vladimir Antoine rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2016
Czarina
Czarina rated it liked it
Apr 03, 2016
  • What If?: Civil War
  • The Mighty Thor: The Galactus Seed
  • Civil War: Spider-Man
  • Cable and Deadpool, Vol. 4: Bosom Buddies

David W. Mack is a comic book artist and writer, best known for his creation Kabuki and his work on the Marvel Comics titles Daredevil and Alias

The author of the Star Trek Novels is David Mack
More about David W. Mack...

Secret Invasion (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Secret Invasion
  • Secret Invasion: Front Line
  • Secret Invasion: Who Do You Trust?
  • Secret Invasion: Home Invasion
  • Secret Invasion: The Amazing Spider-Man
  • Avengers: The Initiative, Vol. 3: Secret Invasion
  • Black Panther: Secret Invasion
  • Captain Britain and MI13, Vol. 1: Secret Invasion
  • Captain Marvel: Secret Invasion
  • Deadpool: Secret Invasion (Deadpool, #1)