Start by marking “Dream Big: Starring Olivia” as Want to Read:
Dream Big: Starring Olivia

Dream Big: Starring Olivia (Olivia)

In this book of inspiring quotes, the iconic Olivia motivates readers to reach for their dreams.

According to Publishers Weekly, "There's a little bit of Olivia in everyone," and it's true. Olivia books are available in 23 foreign editions and 19 languages around the world. The timeless charm and popularity of Ian Falconer's diva pig ensure her status as a children's classi
Published April 4th 2006 by Andrews McMeel Publishing (first published April 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Dream Big, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dream Big

Fariza
Jan 01, 2017 Fariza rated it liked it
First book of the year!!!! (LOL because it's a cheat book, read it in 5 minutes). Read the book with a friend at bookxcess after have a very 'meaningful' new year celebration. Totally enjoy reading through the book and look at the illustrations. Our favourite quote is "Nobody can be like me, even I have problems with it". Happy new year to me!!!!
Mary
Aug 07, 2007 Mary rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-book
I love this book! It has classic "Olivia" illustrations with famous quotes from many different people. She is a pig for the ages.
Indaq
Jan 01, 2017 Indaq rated it liked it
Had so much fun reading this together with a friend of mine. Commenting on the illustration as well as the quotes inside. Overall, cute.
Mandy Fernandez
Apr 06, 2011 Mandy Fernandez rated it it was amazing
This is listed as a Children's book but it's one that anyone at any age can enjoy. I stumbled upon it by accident while at the library with my daughter and I felt like it was just what I needed. I intend to buy a copy someday. It's great to keep around when you need uplifting and encouragement. It has graphics that are geared at kids but the messages are for anyone. It's basically a book filled with quotes but it's words that we all need to hear, things like....

"Everything starts as somebody's d
Larry Bassett
Jan 11, 2011 Larry Bassett rated it liked it
I got this book as a swap and wondered if it would be interesting for my daughters: one is 18, one is almost 8. I will leave it sitting on the coffee table for a while and see what happens. Mei Mei (the 8 year old) took a look at it but offered no comment. Anna is in Cambodia until May volunteering at an orphanage so I will have to observe her reaction at a later date.

This can't really count as "reading" a book, can it? It's 64 pages are not numbered. The book measures 6 1/4" by 6 1/4" and has
Lakeira King
I loved this book! It was nothing but quotes from all different types of people; one on every page. The illustrations were awesome! They went with the quotes perfectly. I am not sure if every quote is appropriate for children but you could pick some out. A writing activity would go great with this book. You could pick a quote and have the children write about what they think it means.\
My favorite quotes from this book were,
"Anything is possible if you have the nerve." - J.K. Rowling
"A woman is l
Skye Robinson
Oct 01, 2012 Skye Robinson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
PB 28: I'm a sucker for amazing and meaningful quotes and that's what this book did for me. Its a collection of amazing quotes said by amazing people and I read it more than once. These great quotes get you thinking and allowed me to have a very optimistic day. "Logic will get you from A to B, but imagination will take you anywhere. Extraordinary book, I loved it! Especially because it ended with a quote from my favorite book of Oh The Places You'll Go!
Beth
Mar 17, 2010 Beth rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
Classic quotes are paired with the cute pig, Olivia. Olivia, the circus tamer, is matched with Carroll.

"Sometimes I believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." Lewis Carroll

This quote also made it into the Tim Burton version.
Marjorie Elwood
Aug 29, 2014 Marjorie Elwood rated it it was amazing
Shelves: inspiration
Olivia, aided by some wisdom from various notables, ponders living one's life to the fullest. My favorite quote: "The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire." Oprah Winfrey
Jocelin
Mar 22, 2013 Jocelin rated it really liked it
Another great one from the creator of the Olivia series. This is a gift book with inspirational quotes and fun pictures. The funny thing about this book is that the quotes were fitting to Olivia. It was a really sweet and endearing book.
Josephine
Apr 15, 2013 Josephine rated it liked it
Shelves: library-book
Not quite as amusing as some of the other Olivia books, this is simply a collection of quotes, with Olivia illustrations.
Mevia
Sep 16, 2012 Mevia rated it it was amazing
Great illustrations of the beloved Olivia the Pig. I love the inspirational quotes--perfect for kids growing up with dreams of their future.
The Brothers
Jan 23, 2016 The Brothers rated it did not like it
Shelves: inspiration, quotes
Disappointing. Not an Olivia story, but just Olivia illustrations set to "inspiring" quotes. Don't bother.
Tyler Bruns
Jul 29, 2013 Tyler Bruns rated it liked it
quotes are a bit entrancing for reading to such a tiny fellow, but they were well picked and well-imaged.
Shelli
May 26, 2011 Shelli rated it it was amazing
Inspirational, funny and thought provoking quotes with fantastic illustrations of the lovable troublemaker Olivia.
Elizabeth Ditty
Jul 29, 2013 Elizabeth Ditty rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
Great advice for young minds, old minds, and everything in between, with Olivia's cheeky illustrations.
Suzan Alteri
Aug 04, 2012 Suzan Alteri rated it really liked it
A really great book of quotes, featuring Falconer's Olivia illustrations, for both the young and old. I want to keep this on my nightstand!
Alice Koko
Sep 01, 2015 Alice Koko rated it it was amazing
My daily Inspiration! Whatever is going on in my life,I pick this book form my nightstand and page it. Looks little and simple, but its a big book :)
Kristin
Kristin rated it it was ok
Oct 12, 2015
Alexis
Alexis rated it really liked it
Nov 02, 2012
Brandi Streeval
Dec 10, 2012 Brandi Streeval rated it it was amazing
very cute book read to my daughter
Kami
Kami rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2011
Ivy Berkoff
Ivy Berkoff rated it liked it
Jul 23, 2011
Hanim
Hanim rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2008
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Jan 17, 2012
Karyn
Karyn rated it it was amazing
Nov 15, 2008
Kristi Powell
Kristi Powell rated it it was amazing
Mar 19, 2015
Katie
Katie rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2011
Ms.Amory
Ms.Amory rated it liked it
Sep 09, 2012
Molly
Molly rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Skippyjon Jones: Up and Down
  • Nobunny's Perfect
  • Dinner with OLIVIA
  • Fancy Nancy Halloween... or Bust!
  • Where Is Baby's Valentine?: A Lift-the-Flap Book
  • Dodsworth in Paris
  • Birdie's Big-Girl Shoes
  • The Secret of the King
  • Biscuit and the Lost Teddy Bear
  • Appley Dapply's Nursery Rhymes (World of Beatrix Potter)
Ian Falconer is the author and illustrator of all the titles in the bestselling Olivia series: Olivia, Olivia Saves the Circus,Olivia...and the Missing Toy, and Olivia Forms a Band. His illustrations have also graced many covers of the New Yorker. In addition, he has designed sets and costumes for the New York City Ballet, the San Francisco Opera, and the Royal Opera House (Covent Garden), among o ...more
More about Ian Falconer...

Olivia (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • Olivia
  • Olivia Saves the Circus
  • Olivia's Opposites
  • Olivia Counts
  • Olivia and the Missing Toy
  • Olivia Forms A Band
  • Olivia Helps with Christmas
  • Olivia Goes to Venice
  • Olivia and the Fairy Princesses (Olivia)
  • Teatro Olivia