Start by marking “Faefever (Fever, #3)” as Want to Read:
Faefever (Fever, #3)

Faefever (Fever #3)

4.35  ·  Rating Details  ·  68,671 Ratings  ·  3,568 Reviews
The New York Times bestselling author of Darkfever and Bloodfever returns to Dublin’s Fae-infested shores in a bold, sensual new novel. Hurtling us into a realm of seduction and shadows, Karen Marie Moning tells the enthralling tale of a woman who explores the limits of her mysterious powers as she enters a world of ancient sorcery—and confronts an enemy more insidious tha ...more
Published September 16th 2008 by Delacorte Press (first published 2008)

Lyndsey
SPOILER FREE - HAPPY HAPPY, JOY JOY REVIEW!

The first book was good. The second book was great. This third book was holyeffinbatmanfreakinamazing!! Sooooo, if my calculations are correct (and if you don't take into account that I'm terrible at math), I'm guessing that just touching the next book in the series should result in a violent, arms-flailing, dance-inspiring joygasm!!!

I have Dreamfever around here somewhere, let's test out my theory. jwjueu^{*]!jiekebg sk^{wgsfs^{+ssgs bdjeue%]*^shbsu bs
Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
Mac Version 3.0

I start this book expecting little sweet Barbie Mac.......and this happens.

Someone starts mailing Mac pages from her sister's Alina's journal and that start making her think. Then the two main guys that have been playing her still won't answer any questions. They seem to want to just use her for their own purposes.
Well, Mac starts getting tired of it.

She starts to realize that she is all she has on her side. She must not rely on a man to come save her! Hells yeah. She starts us
Navessa

What is there to say about this book that hasn’t already been said? As much as I loved the first two in the series, this is the one that truly hits me every time I read it. It’s like reading book five in Harry Potter. You go from some darkness to a LOT of darkness.

Oh sure, the book starts off safe enough, but by the end of it…madness, chaos, pestilence, famine, war and death.

This is the book that truly gets most readers on Mac’s side. I’ve said before that I was always there, but reading this ta
Tatiana
Dec 12, 2014 Tatiana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Tatiana by: Kat Kennedy
What a cruel, cruel ending... If I were to wait a year to find out what happens to Mac next, I'd be royally pissed right now, because as much as I liked the book, I think this kind of ending is unacceptable and disrespectful to the series' fans.

Faefever is a very dark book and it starts out dark too. I missed Mac's happy-go-lucky attitude and flirtations with Barrons in previous installments. The only relief from the doom we get in this book comes in the form of MacHalo and Druid Voice lessons.
Khanh (the Grinch)
“Who the fuck are you, Ms. Lane?”
Rage filled me. Rage at what had been done to her. Rage at him for bringing it up. The thought that no one could see or judge me was liberating. I swelled with grief and anger.
“Now tell me who you are.”
“Vengeance,” I said in a cold voice.
There are certain things in my life that remains comfortingly constant despite the chaos that sometimes peppers my life. For instance, the sky is blue. 70% dark chocolate is delicious. I look really good in dark green.

Jericho B

Fourth Book: Dreamfever
Fifth Book: Shadowfever
Sixth Book (Dani's POV): Iced
Seventh Book: Burned

Fuck me guys, that ending was shit...I HAVE BEEN GYPPED.

Annnnnnnnd, unconventional review time because that's what I've been doing for this whole series:

That ending though:

Edit: Yeah, I give up. (Click here: http://i59.tinypic.com/205oxo8.jpg) for a blown-out version. GR refuses to make the image bigger for some weird reason.

Edit edit: OMFG, Thank you T
Natasha Polis
Feb 01, 2016 Natasha Polis rated it really liked it
I can't remember how I felt about the whole book because the end left me hopeless. The first three books were definitely leading up to something bigger. All the events could have been put into one book, so I'm eager to read the 4th with the changes set in motion by this one. I adore all the characters, Mac is so real, and Barron's is just an ass. I hate him but he's such an enigma.
Angela
Jan 18, 2016 Angela rated it it was amazing
hmmmmmmmmmmmm WELL...

Even with a lot of my questions still unanswered...
Even though I was still waiting to fall in love with Jericho and that still didn't happen...
and even with the ending being spoiled for me (THANKS GIRL WHO PUT THE FREAKING ENDING IN THE FIRST SENTENCE OF HER REVIEW WITH NO WARNING!!! SPECIAL PLACE IN HELL FOR YOU!)

I still give this book a perfect five!!!

Though all questions weren't answered we learn so much more in this book. I was also happy that there was a lot mor
Sh3lly ✨ Guardian of Mermaids with Broken Tails ✨
Third Read October 2015: 4 stars
Second Read November 2014: 5 stars
First Read September 2014: 5 stars

Our first annual re-read of the Fever series with the MacHalo group starts October 26, 2015! Here's the schedule (sorry, I can't keep to a schedule with this series - it takes over and I have to devour it once I start):

Darkfever: October 26 / Bloodfever: November 9 / Faefever: November 23 / Dreamfever: December 7 / Shadowfever: December 21 / Iced: January 5 / Burned: January 12

New Thoughts : Sti
Kim
It's still too soon for me to write a review, but I need to talk about this book, so I'm just going to start sprouting nonsense and see where this thing will go. This will be a crap review (what else is new?) but I... gah! *flaps hands*

Man, I'm loving these books, goddammit. What the hell is up with me and the Pri-ya 'tude? I just finished the third book and I already want to start reading it again. I am rolling around on the floor with these books in my arms, I want to clear Amazon's entire sto
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
5 Darkest-Night-of-the-Soul

description

Nobody looks good in their darkest hour. But it's those hours that make us what we are. We stand strong, or we cower. We emerge victorious, tempered by our trials, or fractured by a permanent, damning fault line.

description

We stand strong, we fight our demons and we face our enemies bravely. We put on a strong face and we fight our ass off. By darkness consumes and surrounds. Allies fail you and willpower is not enough. The strongest bent and the weak break, when dealing with ou
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
First reread with my girl Tanya, January 2015.

Original rating: 4
New rating: 4.5

First review: just two months ago. Think I'm going to write another one so soon? Think again. All you'll be getting from me is another episode in the Fever Freak's Facts of Life (abridged version).

Fact #1: Mac went from pinky to badassy

Good girl.

Fact #2: JZB

Do I really need to explain this again? You're joking right?! I thought so.

Fact #3: Voice lessons

Because JZB wants to know if Mac had sex with V'Lane. And because
☆☽Erica☾☆

I swear Karen Marie Moning is attempting to sexually frustrate me to death.

Well GOOD TRY KAREN. I survived again.
Oct 25, 2013 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
5 THIS-SERIES-IS-MY-COMFORT-ZONE-STARS!!!!!!!

What is the greater good but tyranny’s chameleon?

This series is the perfect escape, and I love every single second.

The Sinsar Dubh:

This book continues from Bloodfever. Mac continues her search to find her sister’s murderer and seek revenge. She begins to find more people who can provide her with resources, yet she is still very much alone in her battle. We still don’t know much about Barrons. There are tiny hints here and there, but they only seem
Karly *The Vampire Ninja & Luminescent Monster*
4.5 fever-frenzy Stars

October 29 ( 2 days to go)
Dear Diary Hey There,

I feel like I’m coming undone, like the fabric of my existence unwound. How melodramatic of me, you might think, but you should try having your whole world explode in your face; turning everything that’s real into a lie and everything that cannot be real into the truth, and then tell me how to deal with it.

I used to be a rainbow girl, a sunshine girl. Now I don’t even recognise myself most days. Within me is a darkness, a cre
Anne
Re-read: 2014

This is the Fever book where shit gets all crazy.
The walls are coming down, bitches!
It's also the one where KMM dumps you at the end with a horrifying cliffhanger. In fact, the only cliffhanger that's worse than this one is the one in the next book, Dreamfever.

Mac isn't a little whiny bitch anymore, Barrons is starting to show signs of cracking (in the sexy way!), Inspector Jayne gets hooked on Unseelie, Rowena shows her ass in spectacular fashion, and (unfortunately) Dani is the vo
Mo
Nov 11, 2013 Mo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Well the first part of the fecking book was slow enough. Not enough fecking Barrons. But once I got to fecking 80% it took off like a tornado. Holy Crap, me heart was fecking beating out of me chest.

Well, they say, good things will come to those who wait

Who the fcuk are “they” and how the hell do they know….

Yes, I was waiting, waiting and more waiting for some sex scenes…. Not happening.

I was lying on the ground, beneath Barron’s wild, electric body, ripping his shirt open, and splayi
Lindsey Rey

Writing: 5 stars
Sexiness: 5 stars
Ending: 5 stars

Overall: 5 stars

By the way, did anyone else kind of wet themselves laughing at the Mac Halo incident? I cannot listen to the song 'Bad Moon Rising' without going into hysterics.

Julie (jjmachshev)
Sep 17, 2008 Julie (jjmachshev) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2008-reads
***Be warned that this is the 3rd book of a planned 5 book series. So this takes us about halfway through events. It ends on a cliffhanger, but I still loved it!

Holy Sh@%! I just finished "Faefever" by Karen Marie Moning and I'm not sure whether I want to kiss her or kill her. Her writing is lucid, smart, fantastic, and yet somehow believable. If you're a fan of Moning's 'Highlander' series and are looking for more of that...then you need to pass on by. If you're looking for a story so gritty, s
Anzu The Great Destroyer
Hope strengthens. Fear kills.

Yes, hope does, in fact, strengthen. The hope that Barrons will save Mac’s ass (pun not intended) from this fecking ending!

My exact reactions:

*pause*

*blink*

*read paragraph again*

*blink*

*pause*

First thing’s first. This is the second time I read Faefever. Some things get better, now that I know what’s going to happen in the next book. Some things don’t really change, aka the ending. It was cruel the first time, and it’s still cruel the second time I went through it.

I
Beth F.
There are only four authors whose publication dates I follow religiously. And ever since the Harry Potter series ended and Anita Blake turned into a creepy sort of person I’d be disinterested in meeting if she were real, there are only two of them whose publication dates I follow religiously so I can actually be at the bookstore the moment it opens on release day to buy my copy. Karen Marie Moning is one of them.

I was introduced to her Highlander series a couple years ago and fell passionately
Jennifer Kyle

4.5 Stars

description

There is so much going is this third book of the series that a full recap would be impossible. This installment was action packed and once again added a few more players to the chess board.

"Where do your loyalties lie, Ms. Lane?"

The book’s true identity has been revealed, Barrons is still elusive about who and what he is, the hot prince is still gifting beach time with hot bikinis, Mac makes friends with the police as well as Dani and others like her. LM establishes contact. All the
Future-Jess ✮ The Book Eating Dinosaur ✮ Nynaeve ♥
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!

WHAT THE FUCK KIND OF ENDING IS THAT?!?!?!

No wonder you crazy lot of MacHalo Freaks always go straight onto book four.

FARK.
Amy (Foxy)
**4.5 Stay to the Lights stars**

Three powerful and dangerous men need Mac:
Barrons
V’lane
Lord Master
All three of these men want the same thing; Sinsar Dubh. Mac is the MVP because she can feel, hunt, and find the Sinsar Dubh. Her value to them is irreplaceable so they keep her alive as she searches for the one thing they all want.

I'm still plagued with this question-> What the feck is Jericho Barrons?? Mac ask V’lane, "What is Barrons? Human, or something else?” Of course, V’lane never answ
Athena Shardbearer

Re-read with a group of awesome Ladies!

Found this on Tumblr...this is how I feel...The End.
Robin (Bridge Four)
Nov 10 2013 edit

After my re-read I'm upping my rating to 4.5 stars.

So many things are foreshadowed and I think the 2 main reasons I had for a lower rating were that 1 Barrons and Mac didn't seem to have as much time together and I got a little focused on that since I really wanted more for their relationship and I needed to know who/what Barrons was and got no real answers this book. The second reason was probably that cliffy of an ending sometimes it is really hard to read about (view spoiler)
Kennia Belikov
Oct 03, 2015 Kennia Belikov rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book left me feeling so hollow. That ending was terrifying and sick. I was so shocked. It was beyond shocking. I almost feel like I need a break from the series but I also want to keep going just to see the happy ending after what has happened. At the moment I am left feeling so hopeless for this world and the characters. I want to wrap Mac in a blanket and hug her forever.
Jonnie
Reading this series has quite possibly been one of the best decisions I have ever made. Fo real. If you'd asked me a year ago to read this, I probably would have laughed at you and picked up the closest Scarpetta book. Jonnie 2.0 loves the shit out of pink and everything Fae, death-by-sex inclusive.

Staying true to my non-spoiler-y reviews and intense love for basically anything Barrons-related, Imma tell you some of the reasons why I loved Faefever, and why you should definitely get your sweet
Cathryn
Nov 27, 2015 Cathryn rated it really liked it
November 2015 Re-read with the lovely MacHalo Ladies

I didn't like this as much on this re-read. The reason is because a lot of it felt like filler. It doesn't get good until about 80%. The whole political BS with Rowena and the sidh-seers annoys me and the scenes with V'lane felt like info dumping. The big cliffhanger does make me want to pick up the next book immediately. I will be good and wait for my MacHalo ladies though.

Original Review
That cliffhanger!!! GAAAHH!!! It's a good thing I picked
Seriously...am I the only person that loathes this series? 31 331 Feb 21, 2016 10:41PM
Turning Pages At ...: Faefever (Fever #3) by Karen Marie Moning ( 9 10 Apr 16, 2015 04:52AM
LIVE discussion of Faefever & Dreamfever 1 26 Oct 27, 2014 04:42PM
Buddy Read Zone: Faefever 578 82 May 01, 2013 12:31PM
Saucy Wenches Boo...: Fever Group Read--Faefever 9 29 Mar 24, 2013 06:02PM
  • Unholy Magic (Downside Ghosts, #2)
  • Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4)
  • Head Rush (The Disillusionists, #3)
  • Lying Season (Experiment in Terror, #4)
  • The Shattered Dark (Shadow Reader, #2)
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
  • Second Grave on the Left (Charley Davidson, #2)
  • Thorn Queen (Dark Swan, #2)
Karen Marie Moning is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the sizzling Urban Fantasy FEVER Novels set in Dublin, featuring MacKayla Lane and Jericho Barrons, and the paranormal romance HIGHLANDER Series, with fifteen books in print in thirty-six countries.

She is a winner of the prestigious Romance Writers of America RITA award, and multiple RITA nominee. She graduated from Purdue Universit
More about Karen Marie Moning...

Fever (10 books)
  • Darkfever (Fever, #1)
  • Bloodfever (Fever, #2)
  • Dreamfever (Fever, #4)
  • Shadowfever (Fever, #5)
  • Iced (Fever, #6)
  • Burned (Fever, #7)
  • Feverborn (Fever, #8)
  • Feversong (Fever, #9)
  • Untitled (Fever, #10)

“Nobody looks good in their darkest hours. But it's those hours that make us what we are.” 801 likes
“It's just that in the Deep South, women learn at a young age that when the world is falling apart around you, it's time to take down the drapes and make a new dress.” 389 likes