Faefever (Fever, #3)

Faefever (Fever #3)

4.37 of 5 stars 4.37  ·  rating details  ·  50,753 ratings  ·  2,803 reviews
The New York Times bestselling author of Darkfever and Bloodfever returns to Dublin’s Fae-infested shores in a bold, sensual new novel. Hurtling us into a realm of seduction and shadows, Karen Marie Moning tells the enthralling tale of a woman who explores the limits of her mysterious powers as she enters a world of ancient sorcery—and confronts an enemy more insidious tha...more
Published September 16th 2008 by Delacorte Press

Lyndsey
SPOILER FREE - HAPPY HAPPY, JOY JOY REVIEW!

The first book was good. The second book was great. This third book was holyeffinbatmanfreakinamazing!! Sooooo, if my calculations are correct (and if you don't take into account that I'm terrible at math), I'm guessing that just touching the next book in the series should result in a violent, arms-flailing, dance-inspiring joygasm!!!

I have Dreamfever around here somewhere, let's test out my theory. jwjueu^{*]!jiekebg sk^{wgsfs^{+ssgs bdjeue%]*^shbsu bs...more
Tatiana
Sep 14, 2012 Tatiana rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Tatiana by: Kat Kennedy
What a cruel, cruel ending... If I were to wait a year to find out what happens to Mac next, I'd be royally pissed right now, because as much as I liked the book, I think this kind of ending is unacceptable and disrespectful to the series' fans.

Faefever is a very dark book and it starts out dark too. I missed Mac's happy-go-lucky attitude and flirtations with Barrons in previous installments. The only relief from the doom we get in this book comes in the form of MacHalo and Druid Voice lessons....more
Kat Stark

First book: Darkfever
Second Book: Bloodfever

Fourth Book: Dreamfever
Fifth Book: Shadowfever

Fuck me guys, that ending was shit...I HAVE BEEN GYPPED.

Annnnnnnnd, unconventional review time because that's what I've been doing for this whole series:

That ending though:

Edit: Yeah, I give up. Click here for a blown-out version. GR refuses to make the image bigger for some weird reason.

Edit edit: OMFG, Thank you The Black Keys for writing the song, "Fever" that completely gets my feelings on this book!!
Kim
It's still too soon for me to write a review, but I need to talk about this book, so I'm just going to start sprouting nonsense and see where this thing will go. This will be a crap review (what else is new?) but I... gah! *flaps hands*

Man, I'm loving these books, goddammit. What the hell is up with me and the Pri-ya 'tude? I just finished the third book and I already want to start reading it again. I am rolling around on the floor with these books in my arms, I want to clear Amazon's entire sto...more
Soraya

4.5 INTOXICATING AND THRILLING STARS

What a disturbingly erotic ending! Amazing and excellent world building. Quickly on to the next book!

He calls me his Queen of the Night. I'd die for him. I'd kill for him, too.

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
5 Darkest-Night-of-the-Soul

description

Nobody looks good in their darkest hour. But it's those hours that make us what we are. We stand strong, or we cower. We emerge victorious, tempered by our trials, or fractured by a permanent, damning fault line.

description

We stand strong, we fight our demons and we face our enemies bravely. We put on a strong face and we fight our ass off. By darkness consumes and surrounds. Allies fail you and willpower is not enough. The strongest bent and the weak break, when dealing with ou...more
Khanh (Kittens, Rainbows, and Sunshine)
“Who the fuck are you, Ms. Lane?”
Rage filled me. Rage at what had been done to her. Rage at him for bringing it up. The thought that no one could see or judge me was liberating. I swelled with grief and anger.
“Now tell me who you are.”
“Vengeance,” I said in a cold voice.
There are certain things in my life that remains comfortingly constant despite the chaos that sometimes peppers my life. For instance, the sky is blue. 70% dark chocolate is delicious. I look really good in dark green.

Jericho Ba...more
5 THIS-SERIES-IS-MY-COMFORT-ZONE-STARS!!!!!!!

What is the greater good but tyranny’s chameleon?

This series is the perfect escape, and I love every single second.

The Sinsar Dubh:

This book continues from Bloodfever. Mac continues her search to find her sister’s murderer and seek revenge. She begins to find more people who can provide her with resources, yet she is still very much alone in her battle. We still don’t know much about Barrons. There are tiny hints here and there, but they only seem t...more
Julie (jjmachshev)
***Be warned that this is the 3rd book of a planned 5 book series. So this takes us about halfway through events. It ends on a cliffhanger, but I still loved it!

Holy Sh@%! I just finished "Faefever" by Karen Marie Moning and I'm not sure whether I want to kiss her or kill her. Her writing is lucid, smart, fantastic, and yet somehow believable. If you're a fan of Moning's 'Highlander' series and are looking for more of that...then you need to pass on by. If you're looking for a story so gritty, s...more
Mo

Well the first part of the fecking book was slow enough. Not enough fecking Barrons. But once I got to fecking 80% it took off like a tornado. Holy Crap, me heart was fecking beating out of me chest.

Well, they say, good things will come to those who wait

Who the fcuk are “they” and how the hell do they know….

Yes, I was waiting, waiting and more waiting for some sex scenes…. Not happening.

I was lying on the ground, beneath Barron’s wild, electric body, ripping his shirt open, and splayi
Beth F.
There are only four authors whose publication dates I follow religiously. And ever since the Harry Potter series ended and Anita Blake turned into a creepy sort of person I’d be disinterested in meeting if she were real, there are only two of them whose publication dates I follow religiously so I can actually be at the bookstore the moment it opens on release day to buy my copy. Karen Marie Moning is one of them.

I was introduced to her Highlander series a couple years ago and fell passionately...more
Anzu The Great Destroyer
Hope strengthens. Fear kills.

Yes, hope does, in fact, strengthen. The hope that Barrons will save Mac’s ass (pun not intended) from this fecking ending!

My exact reactions:

*pause*

*blink*

*read paragraph again*

*blink*

*pause*

First thing’s first. This is the second time I read Faefever. Some things get better, now that I know what’s going to happen in the next book. Some things don’t really change, aka the ending. It was cruel the first time, and it’s still cruel the second time I went through it.

I...more
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Dec 04, 2013 Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: UF fans, especially fans who love fae and infuriating hot men
Posted on Under the Covers

Okay, what just happened? I feel like I’ve just been bitch slapped. Several. Times.

How can Moning end Faefever like that? I am totally at a loss for words. Everything within those last 50 pages happened so fast, I can barely wrap my head around it.

I found myself racing to my bookshelf and grabbing Dreamfever to find out what the hell is going on here! Somehow I found the will to stop myself from reading because I just couldn’t believe that ending.

I found that Faefever...more
Amy (Foxy)
**4.5 Stay to the Lights stars**

Three powerful and dangerous men need Mac:
Barrons
V’lane
Lord Master
All three of these men want the same thing; Sinsar Dubh. Mac is the MVP because she can feel, hunt, and find the Sinsar Dubh. Her value to them is irreplaceable so they keep her alive as she searches for the one thing they all want.

I'm still plagued with this question-> What the feck is Jericho Barrons?? Mac ask V’lane, "What is Barrons? Human, or something else?” Of course, V’lane never answ...more
Jessica

What the feck? What just happened? And that ending! Oh.my.God.

Ok, I have to get something off my chest first: (view spoiler)

As for the rest... WOW. Who would have thought? I started out being rather...more
Litchick (is stuck in the 19th century)
What is there to say about this book that hasn’t already been said? As much as I loved the first two in the series, this is the one that truly hits me every time I read it. It’s like reading book five in Harry Potter. You go from some darkness to a LOT of darkness.

Oh sure, the book starts off safe enough but by the end of it…madness, chaos, pestilence, famine, war and death.

This is the book that truly gets most people on Mac’s side. I’ve said before that I was always there but reading this takes...more
Shawna
Jul 23, 2014 Shawna rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of dark urban fantasy
Shelves: pnr-angeldemon-fae-magic-witch-misc, karen-marie-moning, series-fever, urban-fantasy, hero-or-heroine-or-setting-irish, hero-daddy-warbucks-wealthy, hero-cold-cruelbrute-dark-dangerous, hero-brooding, hero-antihero-gamma, hero-alpha‎, hero-tattalizing, heroine-abused-traumatic-past-rape, heroine-kickass-spirited-strong, psychic-special-abilities-powers, pnr-occult-magic, pnr-vampires, action-adventure-treasure-hunting, angsty-dark-heavy-lotsa-drama, hh-smart-intellectual-brainy-geek, hero-or-heroine-exotic, first-person-pov, hh-warrior, archaeology-antiquities-scholar, horror-mystery-suspense-thrillers, scifi-futuristic-fantasy-misc-pnr, hero-attractive-handsome-heartthrob, hero-stud-mantel-hall-of-fame, bikes-grease-monkey-hot-rods-racer, tattoos-piercings-body-art, love-triangle-vying-courtships, bikers-sexy-as-sin, assassin-hitman, 2011-reads, 5-stars, apocalypse-postapocalyptic-dystopia, badasses-hunks-in-leather, controversial-memorable-event-scene, dubious-consent-force-nonconsensual, ending-abrupt-poor-epilogue-needed, enemies-to-lovers-opposites-attract, hero-bad-boy-playboy-player, heroine-beautiful-bombshell, heroine-girl-next-door, i-read-no-longer-own-sold-swapped, revenge-deception-secrets-lies, steam-1-tepid, hero-im-gaga-over, hero-stalk-me-baby-possessive, highlanders-hunks-in-kilts-scots, hero-bad-guy-ruthless-villainous, hero-uber-alpha-domineering, badass-kickass-motha-fucka, hero-dark-scary-cool-dangerous-dude, hero-sharp-dressed-man, hero-hot-car-sexy-costly-ride, hero-recluse-loner-lonewolf, villain-uber-bad-nasty, dark-twisted
Giselle
This was one hell of a ride! This series does have a rough start in the first book but I am now 100% addicted and in love with it!

I'm beginning to really adore Mac. She's grown into this very strong woman who can be badass when she wants. She's starting to really question Barrons and stops allowing him to push her around - as much. Plus I love her MacHalo invention, especially the fact that it's hot pink! Haha. But it was well thought of.

Barrons is pretty much the same: The enigma. I h...more
Jo ★  The Book Sloth★
I don't know where to begin, the end of this book has left me reeling!!

This is me...

You get the point...

That must be the worst cliffhanger I've ever read. I stood there with my mouth gaping open for a full minute after reading the end of the book.

Apart from the end the book was once again awesome. Action, mysteries, discoveries, lies. The book has it all except for love/sex scenes...

Some quick thoughts because I'm dying to move on...

(view spoiler)...more
Hershey

That's Dublin for ya!

In one way I'm really glad I'm reading this series so many years after the books came out because I would literally die if I did not have Dreamfever in my hands.

This series has me going crazy. I'm damn crazy over the Fever series. Okay, many many things happened and I cannot tell you that, obviously. I can only warn you to have the next book at hand if you wish to survive.

Here are few things I can tell you without spoiling you:

1. Mackayla is a total kickass now. No room for...more
Ronyell
After reading the second book in Karen Marie Moning’s famous “Fever” series, “Bloodfever,” I was more determined than ever to read the rest of this series and lo and behold, I finally managed to pick up the third book in the series “Faefever” and man, was this one shocker of a novel!

MacKayla Lane is back once again and now things are much more complicated for her than ever before! First of all, Mac continues to search for the mysterious and dangerous book, the Sinsar Dubh. But, every time she ge...more
Rachel (Reads Ravenously)
4.25 Dark Zone stars

photo faefevercollage.png

WOW. What an ending! Book hangover for sure.

Note: This review will be more of a summary than an actual review, fyi.

I don't think I loved this book as much as the others, because for me, this was 250 pages of build-up. Most of the book was Mac investigating things and not getting any answers, and while it tied into the end of the book, it became very frustrating when all I wanted was answers.

That being said, it was wonderful, I pulled a 2am-er to finish this book and then...more
Alex
Aug 05, 2012 Alex rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: faerie and urban fantasy lovers
Holy of holies, what a book! Loved it! And what an ending!

Guess I'll start the next installment right away!

Just one weird thing: I think the author managed to slide BDSM themes between the lines. Maybe I'm not the first and only one that noticed: Barrons' commands (bow your head etc.), all the manhandling (which I didn't find as great as in the second book), V'lane's promises of pain and then kisses to make the pain better and of course the menage / cliffhanger ending. Yep, nice way to sneak B...more
Kat Kennedy
Okay, I recognize that I never wrote a review for Faefever so I'm doing it now for Tatiana since I know that she's about to start it.

In Faefever we see a change in the dynamics of Barrons and Mac's relationship. It starts to be a little more even between them as Mac wises up a little and really becomes a player in the game.

We also see more of Christian in this installment.

The whole world changes in Faefever and the ending is... well, it's pretty traumatizing actually. I kind of wonder why Ms. Mo...more
valee
Ok, WTF?

I wasn't expecting this ending. I was loving the book and then... everything got really twisted.

I hope everything solves in the next book. I am really dissapointed with what happened because it was just the last 40 pages; before that, everything was perfect.

This series will kill me with all this emotions. The tension is there all the time, then the romance, then the sadness, then fury, and this goes on and on with all the feelings you can think about.

Barrons I love you, LOL. (This is the...more
Mel
Faefever is the third book in the Fever series and I must conclude: I'm liking Mac less and less.
People warned me I would hate her in the first book but that she'd grow on me as the series progressed. The exact opposite seems to be happening. Sure: in the first book Mac was annoying and completely self absorbed, but she admitted to it. She came out and said she could be totally dense and insanely vain.
Now though: the self absorption is not (only) about how pretty she is, but about her self pro...more
✽ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ✽
Ana Rita
4 to 4.5 STARS

This series just keeps getting better and better.
Lora
ZaBeth
I both loved this book and hated it. I still love all the characters and the tension of the high-level story is building to such a climax that the next piece of straw could bring down the fall of mankind. But every good author makes you fall in love with the characters and then the author has to make bad stuff happen to them. That is what gives us a story. Usually in a book series, each book resolves a sub-plot while maybe increasing tension of the main plot; this way you walk away feeling satis...more
Seriously...am I the only person that loathes this series? 27 192 May 18, 2014 08:11AM
That's Normal's B...: Can we please talk about The Fever Series? 147 106 Jan 25, 2014 07:10PM
Buddy Read Zone: Faefever 578 72 May 01, 2013 12:31PM
Saucy Wenches Boo...: Fever Group Read--Faefever 9 27 Mar 24, 2013 06:02PM
Nook Book Lending...: Looking for the Fever series 3 14 Feb 21, 2013 05:36PM
Characters Welcome: Mackayla Lane 7 18 Feb 17, 2013 08:11PM
  • Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3)
  • City of Ghosts (Downside Ghosts, #3)
  • Thorn Queen (Dark Swan, #2)
  • Double Cross (The Disillusionists Trilogy, #2)
  • Come Alive (Experiment in Terror, #7)
  • At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3)
  • Lady of Light and Shadows (Tairen Soul, #2)
  • Third Grave Dead Ahead (Charley Davidson, #3)
  • Taunting Destiny (The Fae Chronicles #2)
  • Iron Kissed (Mercy Thompson, #3)
  • Hard Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #4)
Karen Marie Moning (rhymes with 'awning') is a # 1 New York Times bestselling author of 15 novels, including the RITA award-winning Highlander novels and the internationally bestselling urban fantasy "Fever" series. Her books have been published in nearly 40 languages, and her events draw fans from all over the world.

Moning graduated from Purdue University with a Bachelor's degree in Society and...more
More about Karen Marie Moning...
Darkfever (Fever, #1) Shadowfever (Fever, #5) Dreamfever (Fever, #4) Bloodfever (Fever, #2) Beyond the Highland Mist (Highlander, #1)

5 trivia questions
3 quizzes
More quizzes & trivia...
“Nobody looks good in their darkest hours. But it's those hours that make us what we are.” 690 likes
“It's just that in the Deep South, women learn at a young age that when the world is falling apart around you, it's time to take down the drapes and make a new dress.” 332 likes