Start by marking “Reba: My Story” as Want to Read:
Reba: My Story

Reba: My Story

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  735 ratings  ·  45 reviews
Country music superstar Reba McEntire describes her Oklahoma childhood as a member of a cattle ranching family, her early days as a performer, her award-winning musical achievements, the tragic loss of her eight band members, and her marriages.
Published October 1st 1995 by Bantam (first published April 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Reba, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reba

I love Reba, she as close to country as a person can get, I love her attidude towards life, She always looks at things in a positive way and never lost sight of her dreams, even when at times she could have easily have given up, and when she had enemies that came against her she always did the right thing, this is what I loved most about Reba, is when she was asked to pay those certain people for that place she didn't falter, she held her head up high and paid even though she didn't have to, but ...more
It took me two long weeks to get through this book. A biography is meant to be savored and not blown through. I am amazed at her frankness and details of her life story in these pages. Very good positive reading. She seems like a really nice person to know. I truly enjoyed this book. Now I have to turn it over to my wife. She is the one who loves musicians' stories. =)
I love when u read a memoir and you feel like the person you read about is sitting next to you telling the story instead of just reading it. This one was like that for me and I enjoyed every page.
I really enjoyed reading this book. I have always been a fan of Reba McEntire - her singing as well as her acting. This book tells of her life growing up poor, her love for horses and being in rodeos, the singing she did in school bands, and her becoming the star she is today. It touched on the tragic plane crash when the members of her band were killed, and how her singing helped her cope with this loss. She wrote of the importance of her family throughout the book. This book read like she was ...more
Reba's autobiography spans the period of her career prior to when I became a fan of her music, so for me, this book was an enjoyable learning experience. In fact, Reba tends to focus on her life outside of music, during her time working on the family farm and competing in roedos, for much of the book. However, if you think about where her music career was at the time of writing, those early experiences are what comprised the majority of her life.
That is not to say that she does not provide insig
Rosa Cline
I have always been a big "Reba" fan especially in the early 90's. When this book came out I wanted to read it but hadn't ever taken the time (or had the opportunity to do so) until now. All the memories of her early years and the plane crash that took the lives of most her band I still remember seeing on the news for days, all very vivid in my mind and reading about it what REALLY happened was so nice. Reading about her childhood and what she did growing up, her family her married life etc. And ...more
Erin Lane
I enjoyed reading this book. I read it quickly due to being a huge fan and just wanting to know "more". The saddest part was reading about the plane accident that killed 8 of her band members. Her will to never give up and keep, keeping on attitude will stick with me forever. Huge respect for Reba!
I love Reba, and this story was interesting, but not as good as I was expecting. It is from awhile ago, so its not very up-to-date, I need to read a newer one. I respect her as a person and a country singer, but it was hard for me to keep turning the pages in this book.
Shayna Engel
This book was very interesting, when I first started reading it I thought it was going to be bad. But, after getting into it I couldn't put it down.
She is very candid about her life and her story about what happened to her in her life. She is a very inspirational woman and i admire her very much!
Reba is one of those country stars you think would have came up in the fairy tale life that would take her to the glittering lights of both the film scene and music scene but as you find out in Reba: My Story, just like many of us in the world Reba didn't come from the fairy tale life, she had to fight, struggle and scrounge for the place in country music history she rightfully earned.
Reba built her way through good times and the bad and had enough inner strength and determination to continue o
Jaylee Neal
I've read both books and just adore her too,
I love the fact she was so honest about everything to her family to her plane crush of killing several members of her band, I love how she talked about her son Shelby ( whom now is 22 years old ) and honestly i think she's genuine and real and so modest.. I love her work ethic that she follows in the footstepps of her very own idol Dolly Parton, though she continues too influnce many people around the world like Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, Patty Loveless,K
Jessica Skinner
amazing book!! everyone should read it :D
Nice overview of her career before 1995.
Winter Sophia Rose
Touching & Inspiring!
It's always good and refreshing to read a country star's autobiography. Unlike most of my idols, Reba is not a songwriter, so it was interesting to get the insight from a performer on how she comes about her songs. She is a very talented woman who has had a great career, and at the time she wrote this book she was a legend in the making. Reba McEntire helped to set the bar for current country females, and her innovative ideas broke down barriers and changed country music forever.
VERY INTERESTING book! MY FAVORITE female Country singer. She has a VERY interesting family. And lead a VERY interesting life. The tragic plane crash that killed her band members in the early 90's was just HEARTBREAKING! I didn't realize it happened in SanDiego! I also didn't realize that not only does Reba's current husband, Narvel had 3 children already before they got married, but her ex Charlie had also been married before with 2 boys. And that her son Shelby is now 21?!
Stacey Partain nixon
This book was excellant.....
I really enjoyed this memoir even though I am not a huge fan of Reba's music. She does a masterful job of writing her autobiography. She tells the truth, sharing the not-so-pretty moments of her life, and endearing the reader to her through it all. It was very inspiring to me as a working musician, but I think anyone can benefit from the stories, the challenges, and the successes of this beautiful woman's life!
I had a hard time getting into the writing style of this book, but once I got there, I enjoyed it. There were lots of funny at-home country anecdotes throughout, and I also enjoyed the sense of normalcy in her telling of her life story. There was relatively little drama and I liked that there was such an emphasis in family and normality in her life. :)
Mandy Huot
Although this book had a different feel compaired to other celebrity bios, I enjoyed learning about Reba's life as a child, and also her sorrows with divorce and the loss of her band. I found a new source of inspiration through Reba, to reach for my goals, no matter how difficult they may be.
Jan 26, 2009 Anna rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!!!
Recommended to Anna by: No one
AWESOME!!! I loved reading about Reba in her words. Hearing the stories of how she started out and about her childhood growing up on a ranch in Oklahoma. I learned alot about hard work and what you can attain if you want something enough.
Aug 30, 2008 Michelle rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone!!
Was very impressed with this book. Had lots of pictures of her growing up, and was interesting to learn about her. Hope she writes another. This was written before she did the Reba TV show, so I'd like to read more of her life.
This book was really inspiring. I love Reba and i am so pleased that i was able to gain some insight to her thoughts and feelings about her friends, family, and career. I learned a lot. I enjoyed this book.
Nicole Mcentire
Dec 27, 2011 Nicole Mcentire marked it as to-read
Shelves: reba
i have 2 of rebas books. i absolutley recommend them to anyone. expecially if u like reba. i love reba so much and i loved the book. i know everything about her and now i know some more! she rocks!
I read this book right after reading Dolly Parton's autobiography and it seemed to be same "rags to riches" story without the humor I enjoyed in Dolly's book.
Leila Osborn
Reba, my other favorite coffee table book, the woman is beautiful and talented, and this book shares her story, if you are a fan, it is certainly worth reading.
I enjoy Reba, as a person and as a performer. I liked her book. I love when people write they're biography and they use their own voice. yay Reba
I love country music and some of my favorite songs are Reba's. Some parts were boring to me, but others were fun to read. Overall a good read
Debbie Duran
Just love this little lady. She's an awesome singer & funny actress. She always seems happy & I like that she is involved with Habitat for Humanity.
  • Coming Home to Myself
  • A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes: My Story
  • My Extraordinary Ordinary Life
  • Growing Up Laughing: My Story and the Story of Funny
  • From This Moment On
Reba Nell McEntire is an American country music artist and actress. She began her career in the music industry as a high school student singing in the Kiowa High School band, on local radio shows with her siblings, and at rodeos.

She has sometimes been referred to as "The Queen of Country". She is one of the best-selling artists of all time, having sold more 80 million records worldwide.

In the ear
More about Reba McEntire...