Start by marking “After the Reunion” as Want to Read:
After the Reunion

After the Reunion

3.66  ·  Rating Details  ·  242 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
THE WAY WE WERE...THE WAY WE ARE NOW...
Emily, Chris, Daphne, and Annabel. They left college with their hearts full of radiant hope, their heads full of impossible dreams. They married "perfect" men, expected to have "perfect" children, found exciting jobs and glamorous careers. Yet heartbreak lay hidden behind the illusions of perfection. Life would force them to confront
Published August 1st 1986 by Dell (first published 1985)

To ask other readers questions about After the Reunion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about After the Reunion

Christine
Feb 24, 2010 Christine rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everybody who enjoyed "Class Reunion"
Recommended to Christine by: somehow I found out that there was a sequel, so I ordered it
After having read Rona Jaffe's best novel,"Class Reunion", which has been translated into German (Die Schulfreundinnen), I wanted to read the sequel, too, but the German publishing house was not willing to have this one translated and published as well claiming it was not a successful book in the US.

In the winter of 1989 I read my first book in English, William Bradford's "History of Plimoth Plantation" in Old English (from 1638), but it went quite well.
Encouraged by this positive reading experi
Pam
May 06, 2014 Pam rated it really liked it
Again, thoroughly enjoyed it in 1987 when I read it. Sequel to "The Reunion" so hanging on to it for a few more years.
Sharon
Jun 14, 2015 Sharon rated it did not like it
That was so cliche and schlocky. Chit-lit at its worst and most demeaning to women.
Robin Manganiello
Jan 26, 2014 Robin Manganiello rated it liked it
Quick read.....started and finished while getting an oil change.....probably something I would have never read but was given to me....
Dora Okeyo
Sep 30, 2011 Dora Okeyo rated it liked it
I hate reunions, because they are always the place for people to flaunt their success even if it's clear that they have fallen short of the dreams and ambitions they aired while on campus or in high school.
When I read this book, I had to set aside that attitude and go with the flow and I'm pleased to say it was rather honest and funny!
Amy
Feb 24, 2008 Amy rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of Class Reunion
This is the sequel to "Class Reunion". It picks up not long after "Class Reunion" ends and follows the same four women. This time, there is much more included about the lives of their children.
This book is also an excellent read...though I still prefer the first one.
Maxine Weiss
Aug 18, 2008 Maxine Weiss rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a sequal to 'Class Reunion'. I read this in large-print. It follows all five? of the women and what happened to their lives. You have to start with Class Reunion first. And both have large-print editions !
Connie Bloch
Sep 05, 2010 Connie Bloch rated it really liked it
I definitely recommend reading the first one 'Class Reunion' first to understand the depth of the characters. But this one was better.
Mary
Nicole
Nicole added it
Feb 04, 2016
Patricia Gooch
Patricia Gooch rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2016
Crystal
Crystal rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2016
Martha
Martha added it
Jan 28, 2016
Jill
Jill rated it it was amazing
Jan 22, 2016
Vickie
Vickie rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2016
Andrea
Andrea added it
Jan 19, 2016
Sunny
Sunny rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2016
Candace Guido
Candace Guido rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2016
Kaycee
Kaycee rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2016
Annika Englöv
Annika Englöv marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2015
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Dec 16, 2015
Patti
Patti added it
Dec 16, 2015
Doc Johnny
Doc Johnny marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2015
Sally Waller
Sally Waller rated it really liked it
Dec 08, 2015
  • Superior Women
  • Angel of Light
  • The Shape of Things to Come
  • Sexy Witch
  • The Course of True Love (The Best of Betty Neels)
  • Shake Down the Stars
  • The Essential Buffett: Timeless Principles for the New Economy
  • Sandy's Rocket
Rona Jaffe established The Rona Jaffe Foundation Writers’ Awards program in 1995. It is the only national literary awards program of its kind dedicated to supporting women writers exclusively. Since the program began, the Foundation has awarded more than $850,000 to a total of 92 women.

Ms. Jaffe was the author of sixteen books, including Class Reunion, Family Secrets, The Road Taken, and The Room-
More about Rona Jaffe...