Start by marking “After the Reunion” as Want to Read:
After the Reunion

After the Reunion

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  234 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Emily, Chris, Daphne, and Annabel. They left college with their hearts full of radiant hope, their heads full of impossible dreams. They married "perfect" men, expected to have "perfect" children, found exciting jobs and glamorous careers. Yet heartbreak lay hidden behind the illusions of perfection. Life would force them to confront
Published August 1st 1986 by Dell (first published 1985)

To ask other readers questions about After the Reunion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about After the Reunion

Feb 24, 2010 Christine rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everybody who enjoyed "Class Reunion"
Recommended to Christine by: somehow I found out that there was a sequel, so I ordered it
After having read Rona Jaffe's best novel,"Class Reunion", which has been translated into German (Die Schulfreundinnen), I wanted to read the sequel, too, but the German publishing house was not willing to have this one translated and published as well claiming it was not a successful book in the US.

In the winter of 1989 I read my first book in English, William Bradford's "History of Plimoth Plantation" in Old English (from 1638), but it went quite well.
Encouraged by this positive reading experi
Again, thoroughly enjoyed it in 1987 when I read it. Sequel to "The Reunion" so hanging on to it for a few more years.
That was so cliche and schlocky. Chit-lit at its worst and most demeaning to women.
Robin Manganiello
Quick read.....started and finished while getting an oil change.....probably something I would have never read but was given to me....
Dora Okeyo
I hate reunions, because they are always the place for people to flaunt their success even if it's clear that they have fallen short of the dreams and ambitions they aired while on campus or in high school.
When I read this book, I had to set aside that attitude and go with the flow and I'm pleased to say it was rather honest and funny!
Feb 24, 2008 Amy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of Class Reunion
This is the sequel to "Class Reunion". It picks up not long after "Class Reunion" ends and follows the same four women. This time, there is much more included about the lives of their children.
This book is also an excellent read...though I still prefer the first one.
Maxine Weiss
This was a sequal to 'Class Reunion'. I read this in large-print. It follows all five? of the women and what happened to their lives. You have to start with Class Reunion first. And both have large-print editions !
Connie Bloch
I definitely recommend reading the first one 'Class Reunion' first to understand the depth of the characters. But this one was better.
Margaret Mcvay-Thompson
Very good. Happier endings for some.
Read back in the 1980s
Helene marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2015
Becky added it
Sep 08, 2015
Mark Gervino
Mark Gervino marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
Joi G. Hayden
Joi G. Hayden is currently reading it
Aug 17, 2015
Lindsay marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2015
Marnie Schwartz
Marnie Schwartz marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2015
Jeni marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2015
  • A Dove At Midnight
  • The Leadership Challenge Workbook
  • Superior Women
  • My Latest Grievance
  • The Course of True Love (The Best of Betty Neels)
  • Sandy's Rocket
  • Animal E.R.
  • Staying Connected To Your Teenager: How To Keep Them Talking To You And How To Hear What They're Really Saying
  • Sexy Witch
  • Shake Down the Stars
  • Anybody Any Minute
Rona Jaffe established The Rona Jaffe Foundation Writers’ Awards program in 1995. It is the only national literary awards program of its kind dedicated to supporting women writers exclusively. Since the program began, the Foundation has awarded more than $850,000 to a total of 92 women.

Ms. Jaffe was the author of sixteen books, including Class Reunion, Family Secrets, The Road Taken, and The Room-
More about Rona Jaffe...