Start by marking “Money (The Betty Chronicles #1)” as Want to Read:
Money (The Betty Chronicles #1)

Money (The Betty Chronicles #1)

Betty Thursten's fiancé is murdered while she is outside the door trying to get in to save him. The only person with information about who might have killed José is Betty's former lover, Tom Howell Jr., who now wants to talk. Betty must decide if working for her old flame to get her revenge is worth the pain, or to let go and try to move on.

Follow Betty as she travels Sout
Paperback, 2nd Edition, 272 pages
Published September 18th 2015 by White Bradford Publishing (first published November 10th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Money, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Money

Alia
I enjoyed this book. It took me a while to get into it but once I did I liked it. I didn't realize that it was a non-liner series of vignettes but it actually really works. I would love to read more of Betty!
Lauren edson-fisher
This was a first reads giveaway. I loved the intelligent, sexualized, powerful Betty and the characters surrounding her. The plot was excellent and the story moved I couldn't put it down. I am looking forward to the next book. I recommend it.
Wendy Potocki
Jul 16, 2012 Wendy Potocki rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Won this book through a Goodreads giveaway. Right up my alley, the story is about an evil cabal, love, and feisty, horny undercover spies. Given all that, what's not to like?

Well-written, the characters and storyline were compelling enough to keep me entertained. While I generally like a less disjointed approach to narrative, the style fit within the framework of the action-driven thriller-diller.

I should mention that I actually laughed out loud more than a couple times. Yes, this is unusual a
Harriett Trombatore
Jan 15, 2016 Harriett Trombatore rated it really liked it
This is a very interesting book beginning with a young couple planning to marry, meeting the other's families and living together and then switches to more of an espionage situation, with the young couple being involved with others and their families getting involved in illicit activities, etc. The plot is a little hard to follow at times, but then seems to flow back together and connects. The ending leaves quite a bit to be desired as it seems to just "drop off", but apparently there is another ...more
Ronda
Feb 15, 2012 Ronda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Money" is one of the most intriguing books that I have read in a while. The mysteries in Betty's life draw you into her world. You are always on the edge of your seat wanting to know what will be happening next - will she find love, will she complete her missions successfully, who can she trust, and does she concur her demons. I can't wait to see if any of my questions get answered in the next book. This book is a must read.
Ashley
Feb 29, 2012 Ashley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Betty is a confident, brave, and tough lady that we wish we could be like.
Really enjoyed this story and since it was mainly located in Washington D.C. I knew everywhere they were and have been to a lot of those places myself. I really enjoyed the love story as well with Betty and Tom and hope they get back together, but guess I will have to read the next story to find out.
Chris
Feb 10, 2012 Chris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I want to be Betty! She is flawed and guilty of all the things we face in real life. But she deals with it and comes out fighting! Can't wait to read more of her espionage adventures, personal conflicts, and mishaps in her love life in the next book.
Diane
Feb 15, 2012 Diane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book last summer over one weekend. I enjoyed the different characters as they developed. The plot had some great twists and turns. I look forward to reading other adventure in the future.
Denise Mueller
Jul 17, 2015 Denise Mueller rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I could not put this book down! I loved it and also read it within 2 days! Love the characters and just for a brief moment I can go to Betty's world and be her !! Can't wait for the next chapter in Betty's life!
Debra
Jul 06, 2012 Debra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Debra by: Author
Action packed, with lots of winding roads that you have no idea where they will lead you! I love the way it is setup, and jumps time periods. It is still easy to follow. Wonderfully interesting read. I am very thankful to have won this book in a Goodreads Giveaway!
Hal
Oct 08, 2014 Hal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a fast paced and fun read. The characters are complex and compelling, as is the plot. You will find yourself eagerly awaiting the next installment!
Ken
Apr 24, 2015 Ken rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Action packed Thriller. Great character development. The twists and turns of the plot will keep you turning the page wanting to know what happens next.
Lulu
Nov 23, 2011 Lulu marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I won this book from the first reads giveaways and I am so excited to read it. Thanks.
Beka
I did like the thought of this story. It kept kinda far away from a plot line, just piecing together parts of different people's stories. I thought the author did a good job trying to play out the story in accordance with the style. But the way the timeline was thrown around and played with got me horribly confused at parts till I figured it out. Some chapters there aren't even hints at where in the story it happens. It made it very difficult to piece it all together.

I did like the characters, a
A.J.
Nov 07, 2011 A.J. rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
The seemingly inexhaustible demand for hyper-sexual undercover spy women finds some degree of satisfaction with Betty Thurston, whose disarming beauty, dizzying intellect, and dismally woeful love-life are pitted against the sinister, far-reaching power of the elite world order - the Cabal organization. Mahler's enjoyable disjointed narrative, dynamic characters, and subtle humor make The Betty Chronicles a worthy addition to the spy thriller genre.

Travis Kraus, Award winning Director of "Man an
Marie-Pier
Dec 21, 2015 Marie-Pier rated it liked it
Shelves: owned, first-read
I received this book via the Firstread Giveaways of Goodreads.

It took me some time to get into this book and I also had difficulty to follow the timeline of it. But more I was reading and starting knowing the characters more I was getting use to writting and getting into it. I finally enjoy the story and I'm really happy that I push into it.

Now I'm definitively putting the second book in my "want to read" list to follow the adventures of Betty :)
Carrie Sherburne
Carrie Sherburne rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2014
Ray
Ray rated it liked it
Jun 28, 2016
Pamela Rathe
Pamela Rathe rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2012
Kylie Behnke
Kylie Behnke rated it it was ok
Nov 08, 2015
Eliyahu
Eliyahu rated it it was amazing
Nov 02, 2012
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Oct 06, 2015
Jessie Rivas
Jessie Rivas rated it liked it
Oct 14, 2016
Carrie
Carrie rated it it was amazing
Feb 09, 2012
Enizete
Enizete rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2012
Jo-Ann Murphy
Jo-Ann Murphy marked it as to-read
Peter
Peter added it
Apr 21, 2013
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Brenda Knight
Brenda Knight marked it as to-read
Jason Jones
Jason Jones marked it as to-read
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Carol K.
Carol K. marked it as to-read
John
John marked it as to-read
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2011
cheryl
cheryl marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2011
Laura marked it as to-read
Chatterbox
Chatterbox marked it as to-read
Esther
Esther marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2011
Faith
Faith marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2011
Vernon Luckert
Vernon Luckert marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2011
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2011
Brooke-lynn
Brooke-lynn marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2011
Kristin Pikula
Kristin Pikula marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2011
Jason Pagliughi
Jason Pagliughi marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2011
Kayla Embry
Kayla Embry marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2011
JERRY TRAILOR
JERRY TRAILOR marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2011
Sharen
Sharen marked it as to-read
Sara Rhiannon
Sara Rhiannon marked it as to-read
Sofia Real
Sofia Real marked it as to-read
Kristen N.
Kristen N. marked it as to-read
Vivian
Vivian marked it as to-read
Karen French
Karen French marked it as to-read
Sonya
Sonya marked it as to-read
Alanna Ayers
Alanna Ayers marked it as to-read
  • Through These Veins
  • Manhattan Affair
  • Pure Love, Pure Life: Exploring God's Heart on Purity
  • The Big, Fun, Sexy Sex Book
  • Coldness of Marek (Serengard, #1)
  • When Horses Had Wings
  • A Thousand Bayonets
  • Brave Fish: Identity, Love, Faith
  • Black Rain: 15 Dark Tales
  • Death of the Couch Potato's Wife

The Betty Chronicles (2 books)
  • Power (The Betty Chronicles #2)