Start by marking “My Puppy Is Born (Sepia)” as Want to Read:
My Puppy Is Born (Sepia)

My Puppy Is Born (Sepia)

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  31 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Black and white photographs trace the first eight weeks in the life of a miniature dachshund puppy from the minute he is born.
Published July 1st 1974 by James Clarke & Co Ltd (first published 1973)

To ask other readers questions about My Puppy Is Born, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Puppy Is Born

Philip Carlson
This book follows the first weeks of a puppy's life and is intended to inform the reader of the growth and development that takes place during this time. The book begins with the mother dog preparing her nest box for the arrival of the new puppies. Shortly after birth, the mother takes care of the puppies by licking them clean, feeding them, and keeping them comfortable. As the puppies grow, their eyes and ears begin to open, they start eating solid foods, and they begin standing on their own. ...more
Andrew
Summary: This is a picture book about the birth and first few weeks of a puppies life. Along with the narrative are some photos of the birth and life of this puppy that children of all ages can enjoy. The photos in shown in the book just make you want to take the puppies home! This is also great book for dog lovers and those wanting to know about the early life of a puppy. This book was recommended by Reading Rainbow.

Written by Joanna Cole and Photographs by Margaret Miller

Audience: Grades K-4

So
Oblongata
I liked it. But my book was quite dull.. I wanted some colour.
Karen
I absolutely love this book. I had read it as a child when my Poodle, Buffy, was pregnant. My mom said I followed along with this book as the dog was going into labor and through having the pups. I guess I wanted to make sure she was OK through the process. It is such a sweet book for kids with adorable pictures of mamma dog and pups. I would give this book to anyone who has a dog expecting a litter.
Oceana2602
Oh, this was one of my frist "real" books ever! I was a great doglover even as a kid, and Dackel/Dachshounds had and still have a special place in my heart, because my first dog-love was one. This books shows the birth and growing up of a dachshound in wonderful, simple black-and-white pictures. The accompanying text is easy and aimed at first/second-graders.
This book is really special to me.
Peacegal
Thanks to resources such as this, parents don't have that tiring excuse "I want to show my kids the miracle of life" for letting the family pet birth unwanted litters. The birth and growth process of puppies is closely followed with color photos.
Susan
Clear and informative. Points for having the puppy be a Norfolk terrier which is the dog I want someday.
Theresa
the picture grosses the kids out but it shows them the reality of child birth and mother hood
Theresa
kids think its gross and will show each other it as a curiosity.
Marshmallowlemonade
Pretty graphic (but good) pictures of a puppy's birth.
John
John added it
Dec 14, 2014
Juan Barros
Juan Barros marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Amanda
Amanda added it
Jun 07, 2014
Yinzadi
Yinzadi marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2013
Sarah added it
Mar 08, 2013
John Paz
John Paz marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2012
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
May 20, 2012
Joanna Cole who also writes under the pseudonym B. J. Barnet is an author of children’s books who teaches science.

She is most famous as the author of The Magic School Bus series of children's books. Joanna Cole has written over 250 books ranging from her first book Cockroach to her famous series Magic School Bus.

Cole was born in Newark, New Jersey, and grew up in nearby East Orange. She loved scie
More about Joanna Cole...
The Magic School Bus Inside the Human Body (The Magic School Bus, #3) The Magic School Bus Lost in the Solar System (The Magic School Bus, #4) The Magic School Bus on the Ocean Floor (The Magic School Bus, #5) The Magic School Bus Inside Ralphie: A Book About Germs The Magic School Bus Sees Stars: A Book About Stars