Start by marking “My Puppy Is Born (Sepia)” as Want to Read:
My Puppy Is Born (Sepia)

My Puppy Is Born (Sepia)

3.69  ·  Rating Details  ·  35 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Black and white photographs trace the first eight weeks in the life of a miniature dachshund puppy from the minute he is born.
Published July 1st 1974 by James Clarke & Co Ltd (first published 1973)

To ask other readers questions about My Puppy Is Born, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Puppy Is Born

Philip Carlson
Dec 03, 2014 Philip Carlson rated it liked it
This book follows the first weeks of a puppy's life and is intended to inform the reader of the growth and development that takes place during this time. The book begins with the mother dog preparing her nest box for the arrival of the new puppies. Shortly after birth, the mother takes care of the puppies by licking them clean, feeding them, and keeping them comfortable. As the puppies grow, their eyes and ears begin to open, they start eating solid foods, and they begin standing on their own. ...more
Andrew
May 01, 2010 Andrew rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Summary: This is a picture book about the birth and first few weeks of a puppies life. Along with the narrative are some photos of the birth and life of this puppy that children of all ages can enjoy. The photos in shown in the book just make you want to take the puppies home! This is also great book for dog lovers and those wanting to know about the early life of a puppy. This book was recommended by Reading Rainbow.

Written by Joanna Cole and Photographs by Margaret Miller

Audience: Grades K-4

So
Tanya
Mar 03, 2016 Tanya rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens, i-own-it
I still have this book from when I was a little girl. I read it so many times and fantasized about how it would be for my dog to have puppies. That finally did happen, and it didn't live up to this book!
Cindy
Aug 29, 2014 Cindy rated it liked it
I liked it. But my book was quite dull.. I wanted some colour.
Ally
Sep 02, 2015 Ally rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
New puppy must-read for the toddler/preschool crowd.
Karen
Aug 19, 2012 Karen rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this book. I had read it as a child when my Poodle, Buffy, was pregnant. My mom said I followed along with this book as the dog was going into labor and through having the pups. I guess I wanted to make sure she was OK through the process. It is such a sweet book for kids with adorable pictures of mamma dog and pups. I would give this book to anyone who has a dog expecting a litter.
Oceana2602
Oh, this was one of my frist "real" books ever! I was a great doglover even as a kid, and Dackel/Dachshounds had and still have a special place in my heart, because my first dog-love was one. This books shows the birth and growing up of a dachshound in wonderful, simple black-and-white pictures. The accompanying text is easy and aimed at first/second-graders.
This book is really special to me.
Peacegal
Thanks to resources such as this, parents don't have that tiring excuse "I want to show my kids the miracle of life" for letting the family pet birth unwanted litters. The birth and growth process of puppies is closely followed with color photos.
Susan
Jul 19, 2010 Susan rated it really liked it
Clear and informative. Points for having the puppy be a Norfolk terrier which is the dog I want someday.
Theresa
Oct 18, 2013 Theresa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review
the picture grosses the kids out but it shows them the reality of child birth and mother hood
Theresa
Aug 11, 2012 Theresa rated it it was ok
kids think its gross and will show each other it as a curiosity.
Marshmallowlemonade
Mar 05, 2013 Marshmallowlemonade rated it really liked it
Shelves: dogs, non-fiction
Pretty graphic (but good) pictures of a puppy's birth.
Ute
Ute added it
Apr 10, 2016
Kian
Kian rated it it was ok
Mar 25, 2016
Vicki Rotert
Vicki Rotert marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2016
Aziah Grier
Aziah Grier rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2015
John
John added it
Dec 14, 2014
Ariana
Ariana rated it it was amazing
Nov 04, 2014
Steven Chang
Steven Chang rated it really liked it
Oct 28, 2014
Juan Barros
Juan Barros marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Joanna Cole who also writes under the pseudonym B. J. Barnet is an author of children’s books who teaches science.

She is most famous as the author of The Magic School Bus series of children's books. Joanna Cole has written over 250 books ranging from her first book Cockroach to her famous series Magic School Bus.

Cole was born in Newark, New Jersey, and grew up in nearby East Orange. She loved scie
More about Joanna Cole...