Start by marking “Learning in the Light of Truth” as Want to Read:
Learning in the Light of Truth

Learning in the Light of Truth

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  11 ratings  ·  4 reviews
As president of Brigham Young University for more than seven years, Elder Merrill J. Bateman delivered outstanding talks on a variety of subjects -- messages that inspired hundresds of thousands who were present to hear them and an even larger number who have seen them on BYU-TV. This volume collects many of the groundbreaking and enduring speeches he gave on crucial topic ...more
Published November 30th 2005 by Shadow Mountain

To ask other readers questions about Learning in the Light of Truth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Learning in the Light of Truth

Mindi Bennett
I absolutely loved this book. Every time I picked it up I learned something profound. Often a quote or an idea would be presented and it would be just what I needed for a Sunday School or Young Women's lesson. I guess it also has a special place in my heart because a lot of these speeches were given while I was at BYU.
Shad
This has been a motivating and easy read. I would not have chosen this book, but Heather chose wisely for me once again. It is basically a compilation of some of Elder Bateman's talks while President of the Y grouped into themes. It has been inspirational for me.
Carrie
Jun 01, 2008 Carrie is currently reading it
What a great book to rejuvinate the BYU spirit of "truth seeking" in your life. Learning and being reminded of these doctrines helps me to keep the focus of my work on an enternal perpectives.
Vicky
Oct 19, 2010 Vicky rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2010
This is about when he was president of BYU. I found it interesting, especially the talks after the beginning of the millenium.
Bradley Stoker
Bradley Stoker marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2013
Bryce
Bryce marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2013
Emily Haymond
Emily Haymond marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2013
Rickey
Rickey added it
Oct 09, 2011
Derek Maude
Derek Maude marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2011
Ana
Ana marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Anthony Da
Anthony Da marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2010
Tim
Tim marked it as to-read
May 08, 2009
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2009
Rick
Rick added it
Jan 21, 2009
BYU Women's Conference Classic Talks (Becoming a Desciple of Christ) Heroes from the Book of Mormon Heroes from the Book of Mormon