Start by marking “Dark Master (Masters of Desire, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dark Master (Masters of Desire, #1)

Dark Master (Masters of Desire #1)

3.32  ·  Rating Details  ·  237 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
Completely broke, Regan Roslund is stuck selling bondage gear to a kinky clientele in order to pay her bills. She has no interest in her salacious merchandise until she feels a leather choker tight against her neck - and gets a glimpse of the muscular man who holds her captive. Suddenly, temptation ignites.
Published May 1st 2008 by Aphrodisia (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Dark Master, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Master

Julie (jjmachshev)
May 02, 2008 Julie (jjmachshev) rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: hardcore dominant lovers
Shelves: 2008-reads, erotica
Uh, er, umm, OK...I didn't like this book. I didn't hate it, but I didn't like it either. I didn't like the heroine or the hero. I figured out who the bad guy was really quick and there was never really any explanation for WHY the bad guy did what he did! The HEA came on the last two pages of the book, and made no sense either...

Having said all that...if you like BDSM with a hardcore dom, than you may enjoy this book simply for those parts and to heck with the plot, story, and everything else...
Fairyblood
Lamprini
Oct 16, 2014 Lamprini rated it liked it
an other vampire/kind novella with extended plote and many ΒΔΣΜ ELEMENTS.hmmmmm erotic?so&so
Julie Read Our Lips! Book Review Blog
It's June 26, and I've had this book open since June 5 on my Kindle. But I'm finally calling it.

Just can't finish it. The female lead (can't bother to learn her name) is just so annoying and such a complainer. I really can't stand that type of whiny character.

She totally reminds me of Charlaine Harris' Sookie "I'm not a kept woman" character. So annoying.
Call Me Cranky
Aug 27, 2015 Call Me Cranky rated it did not like it
This was so bad I can't even get my thoughts straight, and I've been trying for a couple of days. I may try something she wrote later than this, but I'm skipping this series. There's no grasp of real BDSM in it and the interactions between the leads (neither of them are H/h to me) were just overall so frustrating I almost DNF'd it. It probably could have taken another 100 pages to explain feelings and interactions much more clearly. As is, it seemed like things were just taken as they were, no e ...more
Nancy
Nov 06, 2010 Nancy rated it did not like it
I hated this book with a passion. I know it was about domination and submission but when he hit her for leaving the house without his permission and she was scared, that made me want to be ill. Abuse is not what I enjoy to read.
Amber
Dec 26, 2008 Amber rated it it was amazing
Steamy, felt guilty for reading it and loving it. So guilty that I told my best froend to read it too, we both LOVED it (even though the ending did not match ;))
Kerry
Oct 06, 2014 Kerry rated it it was amazing
Loved it, who knew life could be so adventurous yet deadly. In the scheme f things following your gut instants is a life saving need. Ignoring those instants can get people killed, yet how far can you get when an assassin is attacking everyone around you? Finding him was the key, and giving up everything just might end up being the result to keep others safe. One loss was enough, can they afford to lose another? Great read, highly recommended. this book is hot with a bit of humor added in just t ...more
Amanda
Apr 18, 2012 Amanda rated it it was amazing
DARK MASTER is Tawny Taylor at her best. This is the best book I have ever read from her and there isn't a thing wrong I could find. Well, I wish it had never ended, but I don’t think that counts. The sexual interactions between Regan and Shadow are wickedly delicious and left me dancing in delight. I was begging for Tawny to write them a happily ever after! I really enjoyed the fact that Regan was so out of her element in Shadow's world. It created a lot of drama and some moments of intrigue th ...more
Jess
Nov 29, 2015 Jess rated it it was ok
There could have been more. More sex, more kink, more world-building, more plot. As a positive I will say I thought the main characters were fun, the language use light and whimsical, and the writing pretty good. The content started off promising but it just falls flat on its face. Arousal factor also dwindles off pretty quickly with the lack of sex scenes.
Carinae L'etoile
Jul 12, 2011 Carinae L'etoile rated it did not like it
I was somewhat enjoying the book until I got to the part where he had sex with his slave and made her watch as punishment. It completely ruined the book for me.

I understand his desire to punish her and make her submit by watching her have sex with another woman, but that really set me off in such a way that I had a near violent reaction to my ereader. I had this urge to throw it across the room.

I felt that he crushed her spirit in his path to be her Master.

As for the ending - weak and a bit of a
BITE ME
Apr 23, 2012 BITE ME rated it really liked it

WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT READ IF YOU ARENT INTO ABDUCTION LMAO SPANKING DOMINATION SUBMISSION BE WARND =)

this read was a dark read if you like dark reads then this one is pretty good at first i thought this was just another bdsm book from the cover i never thought it would have vampires although it was a pretty dark read i do wish it wore a little more darker for me anyway this book is not for the tame at hart rely very graphic at times theres anal play m/m/f master slave blood drinking b
Fay Ann Hollcroft
Apr 19, 2013 Fay Ann Hollcroft rated it it was ok
This book is OK all up till chapter 9, when the "Master" comes out! I can usually tolerate some BDSM situations, unfortunately not when they become extreme control freaks. I don't believe in slavery of ANY sort!! I also felt there was some brainwashing as well & didn't agree with it, the heroin loses her indecency as a human being. NOT FOR ME!
Arlene
Jan 08, 2011 Arlene rated it did not like it
This was nothing but abuse wrapped in the guise of bondage. I have never read anywhere in bondage that someone used there "loved one" in this disgusting way. I don't know what Tawny was thinking but she needs to do more research in the bondage field. This was atrocious.
Liz
Jun 09, 2010 Liz rated it liked it
I liked this book. The story was good but I did find some information lacking. Like for example I'd like to know how Shadow became a vamp, I would have liked to see the story develop more and not just Shadow trying to find a wife and having sex.
Elke
Jan 08, 2015 Elke rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: BDSM Vampire
Shelves: tawny-taylor
If you like BDSM with a hardcore dom, than you may enjoy this book .
Along with Vampire, fantasy.
Love Tawny Taylor and the way she bring heat and possession to the page.
Melodie
Jul 07, 2010 Melodie rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2010
This is another from $5.00 garage sale box, and actually wasn't all that bad. It even had a story! It helped that the guy was a vampire, since I'm such a bloodsucker junkie.
Tracey
Aug 29, 2011 Tracey rated it it was ok
Shelves: erotica
It's a very erotic idea but not emotional enough for what the main character endures, and not enough "play" on the idea of the Vampire Dom and it fell flat for me.
Toni (U.A.C.)
I could not get past the hero of the book being named Shadow. Hard to be taken seriously as a alpha male and king of your people with a name like Shadow. Really?!
Bridget
Sep 07, 2011 Bridget rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormel, hot
Silly but funny story of a vampire king trying to keep a human bride with him. Dialog was very juvenile but still made me laugh.
Brianna
May 19, 2011 Brianna rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, erotic
I didn't like this one at all. I felt like he was too pushy and she was just too whining. i have nothing moreto say on this book.
Blackbook
Aug 25, 2009 Blackbook rated it did not like it
Shelves: erotica
This was in my TBR pile for too long. I know why I waited so long.
Cindyg
Apr 26, 2010 Cindyg rated it liked it
Just okay...not what I was hoping for.
Jovina Flores
Aug 11, 2011 Jovina Flores rated it really liked it
VERY HOT,HOT,HOT!!!!!!!
Agnese
Nov 03, 2013 Agnese rated it it was amazing
amazing....all the series...
Ankita Chhabra
Ankita Chhabra rated it did not like it
Apr 29, 2016
Sam
Sam added it
Apr 15, 2016
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it did not like it
Apr 04, 2016
Joyce David
Joyce David marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2016
  • The Switch (Dangerous Cravings, #2)
  • Fight to Remember (Trueblood #5)
  • Mele Kalikimaka, Baby (Hawaiian Holidays, #1)
  • What Happens After Dark  (DeKnight, #2)
  • Loup Garou
  • Awakening (Dark Elves #6)
  • Bared to Him
  • Reinventing Jane Porter (Jane Porter, #3)
  • Turquoise and Leather (Collared, #1)
  • Coming Clean (Dirty Laundry, #3)
  • Bartered Bride  (The Billionaire's Wife, #3)
  • Underground Guardians Box Set (Underground Guardians, #1-2)
  • My Life Without Garlic (The Vamp for Me #1)
  • His Indecent Desires (Bound and Shacked to the Billionaire Erotic Romance)
  • Bond of Fire (Texas Vampires, #2)
  • Hierarchy (The Papillion Prophecy)
  • Weekend Captive (BDSM Erotica)
  • Demonic Obsession (Dark Promises, #2)
Nothing exciting happens in Tawny Taylor's life, unless you count giving the cat a flea dip--a cat can make some fascinating sounds when immersed chin-deep in insecticide--or chasing after a houseful of upchucking kids during flu season. She doesn't travel the world or employ a staff of personal servants. She's not even built like a runway model. She's just your run-of-the-mill, pleasantly plump D ...more
More about Tawny Taylor...

Masters of Desire (3 books)
  • Decadent Master (Masters of Desire, #2)
  • Dangerous Master (Masters of Desire, #3)