Start by marking “That Pesky Dragon” as Want to Read:
That Pesky Dragon

That Pesky Dragon

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  63 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Izzie is anxious to see the dragon that shows up on day on her family farm. But Dad warns her that it is much too dangerous. The pesky dragon has caused chaos on the farm with its fiery breath that hard-boils the eggs, toasts the wheat fields, and turns the cows' milk to yogurt. Finally, Dad decides to call REMOVE-A-DRAGON! This is a quirky story with a very happy ending.
Published September 1st 2007 by Tiger Tales

To ask other readers questions about That Pesky Dragon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about That Pesky Dragon

Arminzerella
Izzie’s farm has cows and sheep and chickens and cats and dogs and one goat. And a dragon. The dragon arrives one day and begins to roar. Izzie’s parents tell her to keep away from it, because it might be dangerous, hoping that it will just go away. The dragon does not go away. It continues to roar and its antics begin to interfere with the farm’s operations – the cows are so spooked they’re giving yogurt (and so on)! After several days, Izzie’s father decides to call in reinforcements – Remove- ...more
Bookstork Buzz
Oh, I love this cute book! I found it on sale in a booktore several years ago and bought it not only for its charming text but especially for its happy and quirky illustrations. A very nice read-aloud book, too.

But what’s going on with that pesky dragon? Well, Lizzie’s dad has a farm. And on that farm there are plenty of the usual critters – you know, a herd of cows, a goat, a flock of sheep, some chickens, two dogs and three cats. And all’s fine until the dragon comes along!

Lizzie can hear its
Kristi Bernard
On Izzie's Dad's farm there were some goats, cows, sheep, chickens, dogs, cats and a dragon. It roared fiercely and that's how they all knew it was a dragon. They didn't dare look at it because it was too dangerous. Every morning the roar of the dragon would awaken Izzie.
The farmer did not like this dragon's roar. It made the eggs the chickens laid rock hard, and the cows milk had become yogurt. Izzie wanted to see the dragon, she thought it seemed sad. The next morning the farm was awakened by
Vivian
Dragons and farms don't mix, or perhaps they do! Find out how Izzie helps her family solve an unusual problem.

After "happily ever after" sing to the tune "Old MacDonald Had a Farm"

Izzie's Daddy had a farm, ee-ii--ee-ii--oh
and on that farm there were some cows, ee-ii-ee-ii-oh
with a "moo, moo" here and a "moo, moo" there,
here a "moo", there a "moo", everywhere a "moo, moo",
Izzie's Daddy had a farm, ee-ii-ee-ii-oh.

Sing a verse for all the animals mentioned in the story.
Be sure to sing a verse about
I like this book for the discussion it generates among my preschool students. I ask them, "Have you ever been scared, only to find out what it was and there was no reason to be scared?" I also ask, "What do you think the word pesky means?" This book reminds me of how I would let my imagination run away with me when I was a young child.
Molly
A young girl knows that a dragon has come to live near her family's farm. She wants to go check it out, but her parents say absolutely not, its too dangerous! Now, who believes she will actually stay away from the dragon?!?

I absolutely love the illustrations in this book!
Cindy
Ages 4 to 6 TTLG
a young girl is sure the dragon roaring over the hill is not a danger to her family's farm- despite the many problems having a dragon nearby presents. fun and charming Illustrations
Dorian
Cute, cute, cute! The scary, roaring dragon attracts the attention of a young, curious girl who insists on investigating, despite everyone's warnings.
Beverly
A little girl rescues a baby dragon. Cute cartooney artwork using lots of shapes: round faces, square faces; rectangular faces, etc.
Samantha Penrose
What a fun book!
The illustrations are zaney and cute and the story is funny and sweet.
Things are not always what they seem......
Rachel
I like how this book made the dragon seem scary at first, but then the girl finds out he just needed someone to help him.
Susan Kennedy
What a wonderful message, our first impressions of things (people) aren't always based on facts or reliable.
melanie (lit*chick)
i loved the modern/folk art-ish illustrations. and the idea of a dragon on a farm was clever. the story was cute too.
Apr 13, 2009 Sarah rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: kids
We've been getting a lot of dragon books lately, and this one was okay...but we've had better.
Amberly
A cute little story with clever illustrations. I love that it was not long.
Samantha
This was a really cute book, but my favorite is the illustrations!!
Siobhan O' Sullivan
great book to read to children! my son loved it
Cute story and good read-aloud.
Katie
The kids loved this one.
Sarah E.
Sarah E. marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
Zachary Harless
Zachary Harless marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
I Don't Want to Go to Bed! Amber Hurry, Santa! I Don't Want to Have a Bath Shhh!