Start by marking “Ricky Ricotta's Mighty Robot vs. the Jurassic Jackrabbits from Jupiter (Ricky Ricotta, #5)” as Want to Read:

Ricky Ricotta's Mighty Robot vs. the Jurassic Jackrabbits from Jupiter (Ricky Ricotta #5)

With more than one million books in print, Ricky Ricotta and his Mighty Robot are a big hit with children! But have they finally met their match with the Jurassic Jack Rabbits from Jupiter?

It's Ricky Ricotta's birthday, and as a special treat, his parents are taking him and his Mighty Robot to see dinosaurs at the museum. Too bad they've also invited Ricky's little cousin
Published September 1st 2002 by Scholastic, Inc. (first published January 1st 2002)

Be the first to ask a question about Ricky Ricotta's Mighty Robot vs. the Jurassic Jackrabbits from Jupiter

Frindle by Andrew ClementsDiary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff KinneyThe Adventures of Captain Underpants by Dav PilkeyHoles by Louis SacharThe True Story of the 3 Little Pigs by Jon Scieszka
Reluctant readers, boys ages 7-10
27th out of 30 books — 8 voters
Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff KinneyThe Adventures of Captain Underpants by Dav PilkeyBig Nate by Lincoln PeirceBig Nate Strikes Again by Lincoln PeirceI Funny by James Patterson
Favorite Books for Boys
58th out of 103 books — 5 voters

More lists with this book...

Oli Powe
Aug 10, 2016 Oli Powe rated it it was ok
Ricky Ricotta's Mighty Robot vs. the Jurassic Jackrabbits from Jupiter. by Dav Pilkey and Martin Ontiveros

I've never read any of Dav Pilkey's 'Captain Underpants' series, but from working in a book shop and a library, by all accounts, kids roughly between the ages of 5 and 8 LOVE these books. I thought I'd try his less celebrated character, Ricky Ricotta.

Ricky was created to fill the much-loved role of larger-than-life rodent, able to overcome his always impossibly over-sized opponents - think '
Michal Hope
Aug 06, 2015 Michal Hope rated it really liked it
What a great book for boys who love robots and superheroes! The chapters are quick, we read 7 each night and finished it in 2 nights. It's great for a beginning reader as the text is a little larger and the words are not too difficult but the action makes it irresistible!
Amy
We kind of enjoyed the fusion of rabbits and dinosaurs. Plot is pretty much the same from book to book. My nephew's level of enjoyment seems to hinge on how much physicality each book contains. This was more brain than brawn.
Bonnie
Nov 29, 2016 Bonnie rated it really liked it
A very cleverly written beginning reader with some fun built in features. I love the alliteration and the illustrations.
Anna Marie
Robots and invading Jackrabbits from Jupiter, fun read. Hijinks ensue at the museum when Ricky and his family arrive for a birthday treat.
Kate Puleo Unger
Oct 27, 2016 Kate Puleo Unger rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids-books-read
Christopher struggled a bit with Ricky Ricotta's Mighty Robot vs. the Jurassic Jackrabbits from Jupiter. I don't know if he's just gotten burned out on the series or if he just didn't like this book as much. Last night I finally finished the last couple of chapter thinking we could just move on to another book or the next one in the series. He enjoyed listening to it, and he did read the flip-o-rama fight. He enjoys that part of each book the most, especially when the robot does his victory ...more
Dolly
Dec 23, 2013 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: children starting to read graphic novels
This is the fifth book in the Ricky Ricotta series by Dav Pilkey. I thought it was interesting that he did not illustrate these books himself, although the format of the tale is very similar to his Captain Underpants books, without the silliness and toilet humor.

I get the impression that this series was meant to appeal to younger readers, be more commercially acceptable, and avoid the Banned book lists. And thus, it lacks a lot of the charm of the Tra-la-la tales.

Still, it's an entertaining an
Sydney Jackson
Oct 10, 2015 Sydney Jackson rated it it was amazing
This book tells the story of Ricky Ricotta and his Mighty Robot as they fight the Jurassic Jackrabbits from Jupiter. General Jackrabbit wants to take over the whole of the universe and decides he is going to start with earth. However, when he goes to investigate, he realizes he has to take out the Mighty Robot first. He steals the heads of a few dinosaur fossils, mixes in his DNA, and creates evil monsters to battle with Mighty Robot.

As the title implies, this book makes great use of alliteratio
Nicola Mansfield
Apr 17, 2014 Nicola Mansfield rated it liked it
By this time sitting down with Ricky Ricotta is a comfortable feeling as each book follows the same plotting device. Starting off with Ricky's birthday, he finds his day ruined when he learns his cousin Lucy will be attending the Dinosaur museum with them. Then it is off to Jupiter where a few humorous but factual facts about the planet are supplied and General Jackrabbit wants to take over the Galaxy starting with Earth. Deviating from the usual circumstances Ricky's Robot finds himself in ...more
Paula
May 21, 2015 Paula rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ricky is going to celebrate his birthday at the museum. The only downside is that his annoying little cousin Lucy is tagging along. Ricky can’t wait to see the dinosaurs. But General Jackrabbit, an evil alien bunny from Jupiter, is determined to take over Earth. His plan involves cloning Jurassic Jackrabbits, using the heads of the dinosaurs in the museum. But Ricky and his Mighty Robot save the day with unexpected help from Lucy. She even gets to keep the cloned Jurassic Jackrabbits as pets ...more
Vicente Mosqueda
This book was about that it was Rickey's birthday and they went to the museum but when they got there some of the bones of the Tyrannosaurus Rex were missing . The ones who took it was the jackrabbit from Jupiter. so then with those bones he made some giant jackrabbits. So then they went to earth and took the might robot and Ricky went in the spaceship to but he sneaked in. so then Ricky set up a trap and tricked the jackrabbits.So then they got to earth and sent the main guy of the jackrabbits ...more
Betsy
Apr 09, 2015 Betsy rated it really liked it
3 stars for me, 5 from my children = 4 overall :-)

Ricky Ricotta books are filled with kid-pleasing humor, superhero action, comic book style illustrations, larger than life villains, alliterative text, how-to-draw directions, and the "flip-o-rama" feature which has the reader flipping pages quickly to make the characters appear to have movement. With names like Dr. Stinky McNasty, a Meany Machiney, and super duper villains from every planet, these consistently make kids laugh and have them comin
Barbara
This book, another in the series featuring Ricky Ricotta, will appeal to young readers because of its easy to read text and flip-the-pages features. It's birthday time for Ricky, and he's delighted to have a visit to the museum planned. What he isn't too thrilled about is sharing the day with his cousin Lucy. But General Jackrabbit almost ruins his day with his evil plot to take over the world with three Jurassic Jackrabbits that he has cobbled together. With some unexpected help from Lucy, ...more
Philip
Nov 30, 2010 Philip rated it it was amazing
Nicole
Oct 10, 2011 Nicole rated it did not like it
This book is about a boy named Ricky who gets to spend his birthday at a dinosaur museum. Only when he gets there he finds out that the museum has been taken over by an evil-space bunny that also plans to take over the earth. Ricky and his mighty robot have to find a way to fight off the evil-space bunny and protect the earth.This book is intended for the primary age group. This fits the criteria for science-fiction because robots do not exist and neither do evil-space bunnies. This book is ...more
Mr. Graham
Jan 24, 2011 Mr. Graham rated it did not like it
Shelves: childrens, comic
The Ricky Ricotta books are very simplistic. Good vs. Evil. Good always wins. Everything turns out great in the end. Kids have not consequences for their foolishness. Ignorant parents and teachers have no idea what's going on. A ridiculous justice system puts evil interplanetary masterminds in the town jail. A regular kid saves the Universe. An author writes the same story nine times and people keep buying the books. Idiots like me keep reading them. It's everything we love about America.
Jnase1
May 26, 2014 Jnase1 rated it really liked it
I like that Pilkey kept his famous his flip-o-ramas in these books and has a how to draw the characters in the book at the end. Much more "acceptable" language/storyline than Captain Underpants, but maintains it's silliness that Captain Underpants fans love. I also like that each boo, with the exception of the first, has a different bad guy from each planet. That would makes these books fun as read alouds during a unit on space/planets.
Benjamin Elliott
May 24, 2016 Benjamin Elliott rated it liked it
This is the last one in this series that I was able to track down and the only one I read in hardback and color. Quick read, formulaic, but entertaining in their way. I don't really understand why the last one or two of the projected titles were scrapped when they made 7 of them, but I suppose the sameness of the stories led to fatigue.
Taneysha forsyth
Apr 10, 2009 Taneysha forsyth rated it it was amazing
i like this book." this book is mainly about how this cute robot who helps people and make sure that save the world also make sure the people are safe.this book is mainly my most favorite book i ever read. i love people to read this book it is just like iron man but different.you can find this book in ms.woodard's libary graphic novels.
Jen
Jul 24, 2008 Jen rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
My son found these books after reading the entire Captain Underpants series, and he was looking for more funny Dav Pilkey stories. These were a hit, but Captain Underpants is more popular amongst my kids.
Anamarie
Feb 03, 2011 Anamarie rated it it was ok
This book was ok because it was just not that exciting, but there was one part where Lucy dresses as a rabbit and the rabbit robots love for her, but this book was nice to read for more than that reason.
Dylan & Belle at LearnPlayFun
This book is about General Jackrabbit from Mars which is orange in the book but Mars is red in real life. He tries to get Ricky's mighty robot. The good guys win. My favorite part was when Ricky's robot was wearing his pajamas.

Rated and reviewed by Dylan, age 8.
Katie
Jul 01, 2012 Katie rated it really liked it
Wanted to read one to see what these were about. The illustrations are awesome and the story moves along well. I like them! I think it's especially cool that you can flip pages and also learn to draw characters.
Beth
Dec 07, 2012 Beth rated it it was amazing
This is the first chapter book my son's read! Of course, i read it to him when he was younger, and he loves the characters. He was intimidated by all the long dinosaur names, but there's so much illustrations on the page, that he didn't feel overwhelmed by the text.
Brenda Kahn
The silly fun continues with Ricky's birthday visit to a museum and saving the world from an evil bunny. As with the earlier books, Santat's art adds zing.
Melissa
Oct 23, 2014 Melissa rated it really liked it
My 7 yr old (almost 8 yr old) son can read it all in one sitting. He loves Dav Pilkey books. They make him smile & giggle. Which makes me happy too.
Cana
Jan 30, 2010 Cana rated it really liked it
Mommy says: Cana is really digging these Ricky Ricotta chapter books form Dav Pilkey (after she devoured all the Captain Underpants books)!
$$$$i get money$$$
I think is book is so funny. It got all kind of details and funny moments. Also I think is book is good for peolpe who like to laugh and like to read really short books
Jerome
Mar 12, 2015 Jerome rated it it was ok
Another standard Ricotta tale, with the same boring, simplistic Ricotta plotline. The action makes it a quick read, however.
Nick Gold
Nick Gold rated it it was amazing
Jun 04, 2016
  • The Case of the Weird Blue Chicken: The Next Misadventure (Chicken Squad Adventure, #2)
  • The Dragon Players (Knights Of The Lunch Table, #2)
  • Galaxy Zack: Hello, Nebulon
  • Frankie Pickle and the Pine Run 3000 (Frankie Pickle, #2)
  • Bird & Squirrel on Ice
  • Stranger Things (Looniverse, #1)
  • Buzz Boy And Fly Guy (Fly Guy, #9)
  • The Great Egyptian Grave Robbery (Flat Stanley's Worldwide Adventures #2)
  • Attack Of The Tyrannosaurus (Dinosaur Cove, #1)
  • The Frandidate (Franny K. Stein, Mad Scientist, #7)
  • Stink and the World's Worst Super-Stinky Sneakers (Stink, #3)
  • Dracula vs. Grampa at the Monster Truck Spectacular (Wiley & Grampa's Creature Features, #1)
  • Jake Drake, Bully Buster
  • Star Wars: Journey Through Space
  • Rise of the Earth Dragon (Dragon Masters #1)
  • Never Swim in Applesauce (Roscoe Riley Rules, #4)
  • The Dumb Bunnies' Easter (The Dumb Bunnies, #2)
  • Jasper John Dooley: Star of the Week (Jasper John Dooley, #1)
David "Dav" Pilkey (b. March 4, 1966), is a popular children's author and artist. Pilkey is best known as the author and illustrator of the Captain Underpants book series. He lives near Seattle, Washington with his wife, Sayuri.

More about Dav Pilkey...

Ricky Ricotta (7 books)
  • Ricky Ricotta Y El Poderoso Robot (Ricky Ricotta, #1)
  • Ricky Ricotta's Mighty Robot vs. the Mutant Mosquitoes from Mercury (Ricky Ricotta, #2)
  • Ricky Ricotta's Mighty Robot vs. the Voodoo Vultures from Venus (Ricky Ricotta, #3)
  • Ricky Ricotta's Mighty Robot vs. the Mecha Monkeys from Mars (Ricky Ricotta, #4)
  • Ricky Ricotta's Mighty Robot vs. The Stupid Stinkbugs from Saturn (Ricky Ricotta, #6)
  • Ricky Ricotta's Mighty Robot vs. the Uranium Unicorns from Uranus (Ricky Ricotta, #7)