Start by marking “The Ants Go Marching” as Want to Read:
The Ants Go Marching

The Ants Go Marching (Sing and Read Storybook)

3.74  ·  Rating Details  ·  102 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
The ants go marching from one to ten in this rollicking counting song.
Published December 31st 2002 by Not Avail (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Ants Go Marching, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ants Go Marching

Kenia Lopez
Dec 18, 2014 Kenia Lopez rated it it was amazing
This book is fun, cute and educational. It uses music as a way to educate small children how to count. It is catchy and easy to follow. For those who don't know the melody, there is a music sheet at the front and at the back of the book. It's a melody that we all know and remember from our child hood and it's fun to see this in a book put to music this way.

I would recommend this book for children from the ages 2-4. This book is a good opportunity to have fun learning how to read and count with y
JIA QIU
Nov 18, 2015 JIA QIU rated it liked it
Shelves: math
This book is a delightful reading version of the classic song "The Ants go marching". Aligning with the lyrics, the illustration delineates the ants go marching one by one, two by two, etc and how the little one stopped to tie the shoes, or ride on the bees, etc. This book can be used for teaching number counting. Also as the little ones in this book refers to younger ones, the teacher can expand this as an activity to spot youngest children in one group.
Malea Potter
Feb 21, 2014 Malea Potter rated it really liked it
Shelves: february
I enjoyed this book because may family use to sing this song when I was little. Anytime we would go hiking, we would hike in a line and march to the same beat and on step with each other and sing this song. However, the version we sang was slightly different from this one. We would take turns making up things that rhymed with the number of ants we were on. It was a fun way to liven up our hike and get creative too.
Rebekah
Oct 30, 2014 Rebekah rated it it was amazing
This was a super cute book! I actually didn't know all the words to this song! I liked how the first little ant was always the one doing the things that rhymned with the numbers. It was so funny. In addition, there was a little side comedy going on with the any carrying the number 5. Each page, the number five ant was struggling with pushing his number up the hill. It made me laugh!!
Julianna
Feb 27, 2014 Julianna rated it it was amazing
Shelves: february
LOVE, LOVe, LOve, Love, love the illustrations in this book. SO CUTE!!! The song has also always been one of my favorites and I completely and totally LOVED reading it.
April
Feb 23, 2015 April rated it it was amazing
This is a cute book that would be fun for younger students. It can be used to teach counting and rhyming. It has cute artwork.
Crysta Xue
Nov 03, 2014 Crysta Xue rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-lit
I just love this one it is fun and great to help teach numbers.
Julie
Oct 23, 2015 Julie rated it really liked it
A simple story for counting and learning why ants are so silly.
Ashley
Feb 23, 2016 Ashley rated it liked it
Shelves: 01-folklore
This is a cute book, because you can see more into a life of an ant. Cute pictures, but I honestly could see it being better.
Maria
Jul 16, 2009 Maria rated it liked it
Shelves: el-ed-340
Picture Book

You get to sing along (there's the music in the back of the book) as the ants go marching out of the rain. The little ant stops to tie his shoe, or play an instrument, etc. until they enter the hill and get out of the rain.
Vivian
Mar 18, 2011 Vivian rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
There are many "counting songs" from which to choose. If you don't have this version use another or simply sing it without a book prop. We just went up to "the ants go marching three by three" with today's theme of "three-dom"
Haley
Sep 16, 2013 Haley rated it really liked it
This is a great book to help student learn how to count or become more confident in counting. Not only does it provide counting, it brings in a song/story for kids to possibly help remember their numbers better.
David LeDoux
Oct 13, 2013 David LeDoux rated it really liked it
My daughter enjoys this book and says that it's funny. She especially likes what the little one does as well as singing the whole book (this is MY favorite part!).
Lindsey
This is a great counting book for young readers. It is similar to the song that I learned, so it is likely that students will be familiar with the words already.
Mac
Feb 20, 2011 Mac rated it it was amazing
Reid Fouch
Sep 24, 2013 Reid Fouch rated it really liked it
I love books that go along with songs. Children can always latch onto them that much easier.
Jillian
Oct 21, 2010 Jillian rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-books
Not the best pictures, but Justin loves it when I sing the story to him.
Tracy Morton
Mar 14, 2013 Tracy Morton rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
It's the Ants go Marching....like that this copy has a sing along cd.
SHIBNATH GHORUI
SHIBNATH GHORUI is currently reading it
Apr 24, 2016
Queen Kliene
Queen Kliene rated it it was ok
Apr 22, 2016
Kei Denevan
Kei Denevan marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2016
Tina
Tina rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2016
Kelley Weatherly
Kelley Weatherly marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2016
Caroline Liedtke
Caroline Liedtke rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2016
Sunset Zoo
Sunset Zoo marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2016
Jessica Packer
Jessica Packer rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2016
Casey
Casey rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2016
Callie
Callie rated it it was ok
Feb 05, 2016