The Ants Go Marching

The Ants Go Marching (Sing and Read Storybook)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  11 reviews
The ants go marching from one to ten in this rollicking counting song.
Published January 1st 2002 by Scholastic

Malea Potter
I enjoyed this book because may family use to sing this song when I was little. Anytime we would go hiking, we would hike in a line and march to the same beat and on step with each other and sing this song. However, the version we sang was slightly different from this one. We would take turns making up things that rhymed with the number of ants we were on. It was a fun way to liven up our hike and get creative too.
Julianna
LOVE, LOVe, LOve, Love, love the illustrations in this book. SO CUTE!!! The song has also always been one of my favorites and I completely and totally LOVED reading it.
Maria
Picture Book

You get to sing along (there's the music in the back of the book) as the ants go marching out of the rain. The little ant stops to tie his shoe, or play an instrument, etc. until they enter the hill and get out of the rain.
Vivian
There are many "counting songs" from which to choose. If you don't have this version use another or simply sing it without a book prop. We just went up to "the ants go marching three by three" with today's theme of "three-dom"
Haley
This is a great book to help student learn how to count or become more confident in counting. Not only does it provide counting, it brings in a song/story for kids to possibly help remember their numbers better.
David LeDoux
My daughter enjoys this book and says that it's funny. She especially likes what the little one does as well as singing the whole book (this is MY favorite part!).
Lindsey
This is a great counting book for young readers. It is similar to the song that I learned, so it is likely that students will be familiar with the words already.
Mac
Reid Fouch
I love books that go along with songs. Children can always latch onto them that much easier.
Jillian
Not the best pictures, but Justin loves it when I sing the story to him.
Tracy Morton
It's the Ants go Marching....like that this copy has a sing along cd.
Tara
Tara added it
Mar 02, 2014
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2014
Katie
Katie added it
Feb 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
One Snowy Day (level 1) "What is That?" Said the Cat (Hello Reader, Level 1) Whooo's There? (Picture Book) Wake Me In Spring! (level 2) (Hello Reader) The Big Bug Dug