Start by marking “Deep Blue (Sinclair Sisters Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Deep Blue (Sinclair Sisters Trilogy, #3)

Deep Blue (Sinclair Sisters Trilogy #3)

While investigating the recovery of sunken Spanish treasure in the Caribbean with former Navy SEAL Conner Reese, reporter Hope Sinclair is plunged into danger when passion and treachery run rampant as they get closer to finding a priceless Incan treasure. Original.
Published April 5th 2005 by Zebra (first published April 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Deep Blue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deep Blue

Brad
"Deep Blue" was absolutely a super Fun read for me! Who doesn't like being assigned to write several articles about sunken Spanish treasure? and of course being in a warm and comforting Island in Jamaica? I could not get enough of the action/suspense/romance involving both Conner Resse and Hope Sinclair!! an absolute page turner!!
Holly
Jun 30, 2010 Holly rated it did not like it
I couldnt even finish this book. It was 300 pages of pure crap. I made it to page 159 and i thought DEAR GOD I STIL HAVE 140 PAGES TO GO! One of the main characters Hope Sinclair was so obnoxious. I stopped reading right after the part where she was standing out on on the boat in a hurricane because she wanted to ''see the storm'' Then enters her love interest. ''Hope your gonna get yourself killed!'' she juts up her chin and yells ''IM JUST FINE'' as she's holding on to the boat railing for ...more
♥ Miss Jennifer ♥
Jan 09, 2011 ♥ Miss Jennifer ♥ rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Another favorite of mine by the wonderful Kat Martin!
Barbara
Oct 27, 2012 Barbara rated it liked it
Shelves: cat-s-book
Hope, oldest Sinclair sister, is called off the news story she has been writing about retirement building being condemned so owner has to sell out cheap. She is sent to the Caribbean to write an article on a hunt for a 400 y.o.treasure ship.

(view spoiler)
Amanda
Sep 04, 2012 Amanda rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
I found this one being re-released by amazon.com, and didn't want to wait for it. I checked out an old copy from 2005. I don't know if there have been updates made in the re-release, but, at the time this was written, the heroine was dithering about whether or not to buy a Blackberry. Dude. One forgets how dependent we have become on our smart phones. Anyway, this was an ok read. What makes it just ok, is the hero. The hero is a former Navy Seal running a dive and salvage operation to find ...more
Anita
Dec 30, 2013 Anita rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romantic-supense
I really like Kat Martin and have read all the Against the ... books. I have also read some of her historicals and found them to be very good also. I read book one of the Sinclair sisters and really liked it. Deep Blue is #3 in the series and it is a very good book. Each book in this series stands on its own and I am very glad as I can't seem to find the 2nd book.

Hope was just doing her job when she wrote a human interest story about a guy whose apartment building had been condemned and would re
Amy
Mar 15, 2016 Amy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a fabulous ending to the Sinclair Sisters trilogy. Once again, it reads as a stand-alone and is tied to the first 2 two only by the sisters who put in small cameos. In this book, Hope finds her adventure on a treasure hunt off a small, private, Caribbean Island. I feel that Martin always does a good job of developing her characters and giving them unique backgrounds and personalities. But what makes this book stand apart is the suspense element. Martin has weaved Hope and Conner's story ...more
Donna McBroom-Theriot
Jul 25, 2012 Donna McBroom-Theriot rated it it was amazing
A tropical paradise, the sun, boats, a handsome man, buried treasure, and danger? That meets my requirements for a sexy novel, and that’s exactly what Kat Martin accomplished with “Deep Water”.

I’ve never read a book that incorporated deep sea diving for buried treasure and I found it intriguing. I love history and enjoyed reading about all of the ships that had been lost at sea and the treasures they harbored. I knew very little about the process and research that went into finding, or hoping
Jane
Jan 28, 2013 Jane rated it liked it
Three and a half stars, really.
This is book three of the Sinclair sisters trilogy and the first of the series I've read. It was an entertaining read. It's treasure hunting in the Caribbean.... with a hot ex navy SEAL... what's not to love about that.
Hope is a newspaper reporter. To get her off a dangerous story she is working on, she is sent to the Caribbean for Adventure magazine to cover the possible discovery and recovery of a sunken Spanish treasure ship. Conner Reese is a former Navy SEAL i
Andreasoldier
Jul 18, 2014 Andreasoldier rated it it was ok
Can two people overcome their baggage from previous relationships to reach an HEA?
Conn was taken to the cleaners by his ex-wife, which has put the pro diver behind in his plans to open a dive resort. He not gonna walk the aisle again.
Crusading journalist Hope found her fiance in bed with her best friend. She's not gonna trust a man enough again to again plan a walk down the aisle.

When Hope starts churning the waters in an investigation into the condemnation of a building in a prime locale, the p
Stacy
May 07, 2012 Stacy rated it it was ok
Speaking for this series as a whole, because honestly, the three books were kind of formulaic, even for romance. The same story and essentially the same characters, told in different settings and with different names.

The three sinclair sisters were essentially the same, there was very little that differentiated their personalities. Charity and Patience especially, both felt drawn to do things because of some "hereditary memory" thing. If you want this concept done well, read "The Winter Sea" by
SweetSue
Dec 24, 2015 SweetSue rated it did not like it
Hope just didn't seem smart enough to pretend to be an investigative reporter. She isn't one but seems to think she can operate as one. The idea of sending her off to write a story about the treasure hunt is just stupid - first sign that the villains aren't too smart. The whole treasure hunt scheme also didn't seem too well thought out with no thought about security when the project is being run by two guys who are supposedly ex-SEALs. And don't get me started about the nasty Glory subplot. ...more
Sep 02, 2016 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Shelves: caribbean
This romantic suspense (the third book in the Sinclair Sisters trilogy), revolves around New York newspaper reporter, Hope Sinclair, and treasure hunter, Conner Reese. Hope has been sent to the Caribbean by her boss for safety reasons after several of her recent investigative articles have made some bad people very angry. Hope's new assignment is former Navy Seal Conner Reese and his treasure hunting expedition off the coast of Jamaica. Conner is not happy to have a reporter on board; however, ...more
Krys
Jan 21, 2016 Krys rated it it was amazing
Hooked

This was my first Kat Maetin book, I saw it at the store and thought oh why not I wasn't over excited about and my expectations weren't too high.... Boy am I glad I bought it. I'm officially hooked to her work and planing to buy the rest of this series.

It was beautiful and full of adventure. The character really speak to you, plus the thrill of treasure hunting wow. She described the scenes in a way that you could so easily picture it.
Hope Sinclair is amazing, she is so strong yet so vulne
Debbie Heaton
Jun 27, 2013 Debbie Heaton rated it liked it
In Martin’s romantic suspense novel, reporter Hope Sinclair is writing about the recovery of a sunken Spanish treasure of Pleasure Island and pretty much feeling like she was picked for all the wrong reasons—to pull her off the corruption story she had been researching. Treasure hunter and former Navy SEAL Connor Reese isn’t happy to have the reporter tagging along ready to reveal everything he finds on this trip but when danger joins the hunt, Connor will do whatever it takes to protect her.

A g
"Purple Angel"
Another great story by Kat Martin. I aspire to be as good as her someday. Hope is a great heroine, and completely complemented by Connor, or Conn, as he is called. Treasure hunting for a lost Spanish galleon in paradise waters in the Caribbean, add in someone trying to keep Hope from finishing the story she was originally working on when she was sent down to the Caribbean, and this turns into a very fun ride.
Andrew Carter
Feb 02, 2016 Andrew Carter rated it really liked it
A good read. I enjoyed the treasure hunt and related activity with a neat mystery wrapped within. Book tends to follow the Sandra Brown standard theme with girl falling for guy but not willing to give in until two-thirds of the way through the book. I did enjoy the book and will read more of her novels.
Natalie
Oct 10, 2012 Natalie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Kat Martin books!This is another author that I have a hard time putting down her books.And who does not like a book,where you can escape from your everyday routines.This one involved a treasure hunt,a NAVY SEAL and a reporter.And added up to a great adventure,not only for them but for me too.
Petie McCarty
Mar 20, 2016 Petie McCarty rated it liked it
My first Kat Martin book. Well-written, well-paced, and kept your interest.
Very entertaining read although I found it odd that you did not find out the identity of the villain in this romantic suspense until the epilogue when you were just informed of whom it was. No climactic capture or confrontation or heroine discovering who was after her.
Karen
Aug 26, 2009 Karen rated it really liked it
This book was given to me and, since I had never read anything by this author, I decided to give it a try. It was definitely a quick read, perfect for the beach. I enjoyed the fast pace of the book and the main character was interesting. I didn't realize that it was the third book of a trilogy until I was finished. Overall, I would definitely read more by this author.
Marti
Oct 07, 2011 Marti rated it it was ok
I kept expecting this to get better. As a romantic suspense novel, it was more so called romance, and less suspense. The main characters seemed rather one dimensional. The parts about diving for treasure were interesting, but Hope Sinclair seemed to blow hot and cold toward Conner Reese, who certainly didn't want to give up on her. I certainly wouldn't seek out any other books by this author.
Mary Stockwell
May 26, 2016 Mary Stockwell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really good series

This final book in the series is as entertaining as the first two were. All three sisters had such different adventures. All were interesting with action, romance and adventure.
Alathia Morgan
Jan 30, 2015 Alathia Morgan rated it liked it
This was one of Kat Martin's earlier works. I was intrigued by the idea of sunken treasure. It also is the third in the series and I am searching for the first two now. While not the best of her books it keep me reading to find out what happened.
Karen Whooley
May 15, 2016 Karen Whooley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-fun
Love!

Kat Martin never disappoints. Loved it. One of her best. Deep Blue is a must read for any reader who loves romance and adventure.
Michelle Nelson
Dec 17, 2009 Michelle Nelson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: katmartin
I love the Sinclair sisters trilogy books and Deep Blue is one of my favorites.
So much angst and turmoil. Great page turner.
Amber Gray
Dec 28, 2014 Amber Gray rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemp, 2013
I really enjoyed the treasure hunting parts of this book, but I didn't feel anything for the main two characters.
Kadie
Oct 16, 2015 Kadie rated it it was ok
Started reading this as a suggestion from my grandma. I keep trying to like it. The sunken treasure is interesting but I am not sure I can get past the characters to read more.
Kristina
Nov 01, 2012 Kristina rated it liked it
Not the greatest book I've ever read, but I liked it. Interesting story, kind of predictable. Some twists I didn't see coming, which makes for a better read.
Pamela Buck
Pamela Buck rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2016
Desiree
Apr 03, 2013 Desiree rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, suspense
Skip read the majority of it. My aunt liked it, I was highly unimpressed.
  • Don't Look Now (Look Trilogy, #1)
  • Keeper of the Dawn (The Keepers: L.A., #4)
  • Blaze
  • Wish You Were Here
  • Crazy for You
  • Gone With the Nerd (Nerds, #4)
  • My Spy (SEAL and Code Name, #3)
  • Riptide (Cutter Cay, #2)
  • Obsessed
  • The Seductive Impostor (Puffin Harbor, #1)
  • 'Til Death (Rebel Ridge, #3)
  • Music of the Night
  • Revenge at Bella Terra (Scarlet Deception #2)
  • Amanda's Blue Marine
  • On the Edge of the Woods
  • Indiscretion
  • The Forever Dream
  • Phi Beta Bimbo
Kathleen Kelly Martin (aka Kathy Lawrence, Kasey Mars)

Kathleen Kelly was born on 14 July 1947 in the Central Valley of California, USA. She obtained a degree in Anthropology and also studied History at the University of California in Santa Barbara. She was a real estate broker, when she met her future husband, Larry Jay Martin. A short time after the two became acquainted, Larry asked her to read
More about Kat Martin...

Sinclair Sisters Trilogy (3 books)
  • Midnight Sun (Sinclair Sisters Trilogy, #1)
  • Desert Heat (Sinclair Sisters Trilogy, #2)