Start by marking “Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star” as Want to Read:
Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star

Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  47 ratings  ·  15 reviews
In this version of the familiar nineteenth-century poem, the illustrations depict Santa Claus and his elves following a star to the home of two children who eagerly await their visit.
Hardcover, 1 page
Published October 1st 1992 by Scholastic (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star

Nevada Libert
i like reading it. i look forword to reading it to my brothers they love it. so do i:)
Meg McGregor
A very cute rendition of the classic song.

I liked how the pictures take the reader all around the world.

From the little boys home in the big city, most likely New York, the story shifts to the Arctic North, then to the Far East, then to the plains of Africa, and lastly to Australia.

I especially like the ending, but I will not spoil that for you. Just be sure to look closely at the last page!
Nancy Lopez
I read Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and really adored it. I went to sing it to first graders, it was the first time that I have read in front of a classroom, at first I was really embarrassed but after a while I enjoyed being around all those little kids; it was an amazing experience. All the kids had an enormous amount of fun singing the song with me, and looking at the pictures of the book. I’m looking forward to have another experience like this one. I would really recommend other student to...more
The Library Lady
Gorgeous version of one of my favorite lullabies--it even has the additional verses.
Unfortunately it also has a center "POP-UP"--a foldout that will get wrecked probably by the first little user. Plus it has a design where you read the first two verses, then flip the book upside down for the rest.
The result is a book that is too gimicky to circulate--and I am not even sure I will be able to use it in story hour. Wish the reviews I read had noted these problems.
Caveat emptor....
Dorothea
The words are the song "Twinkle, twinkle little star." A little boy is looking at an atlas in his room and gets transported in (probably in his imagination) to the three kings following the star and then to the city of Bethlehem. A sweet Christmas book.
Jessica
This book is perfect for teaching children the Twinkle Twinkle Litter Star song and has additional verses. The pictures are bright and depict children from various cultures.
Eileen
Twinkle is a cute book, but I found it a little confusing, as you have to turn it upside down and the foldout is a bit cumbersome and likely to wrip.
Nora
I would've rated it higher, because the illustrations are enchanting! But there is no storyline--just pics & part of twinkle, twinkle little star.
Anna
How can you *NOT* love Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star?!?! I really like this edition's pictures. Several of my students have really enjoyed this book.
Christie Rice
This is such a great book! This book combines evry child's beloved poem with a new interpretation of the Christmas story!!!
Miss Amanda
I have this book in an oversized version. It is great for large groups. It includes additional verses to the song!
Aerin
A really sweet premise, and fantastic illustrations, but the whole thing together didn't keep my kids' interest
Gail
Although this is my 3 year old daughter's favorite song, this book was not the hit I thought it would be.
Angie Libert
We have enjoyed this book for years. Love it.
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
Cece
Cece added it
Aug 17, 2014
Sarah is currently reading it
Jun 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
MCC Children's Li...: picture book 1 1 Feb 06, 2012 04:06PM
Ubu and the Truth Commission Petra and the Lost Kingdom of the Nabataeans Oxford Photo Dictionary Fandango in the Apse! The Transplant Men