Start by marking “Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star” as Want to Read:
Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star

Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star

In this version of the familiar nineteenth-century poem, the illustrations depict Santa Claus and his elves following a star to the home of two children who eagerly await their visit.
Published October 1st 1992 by Scholastic (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star

Nevada Libert
i like reading it. i look forword to reading it to my brothers they love it. so do i:)

NEW YEAR love this book soooooooooooooooooooooo mmmmmmmmmmmmuuuuuuuucccccccchhhhhh!
Samantha Drezek
Oct 12, 2016 Samantha Drezek rated it liked it
Shelves: nursery-rhymes
1) N/A
2) Pre-K to 2nd Grade
3) The original poem by Jane Taylor has been turned into a book. The illustrations feature a girl and her family and the magical experience of Christmas. The shortened song version of "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" is written on the last page with the accompanying music and lyrics.
4) I loved to sing this song as a kid and I even sang along as I was reading it yesterday! I was unaware of this full version so it was great to see the entire poem. The pictures were well do
-Awards: None

-Appropriate grade level: Birth- PreK

-Summary: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star is a popular English lullaby. This version is Jane Taylor's 1806 nursery rhyme with beautiful full color pictures. They illustrate the story and are followed by a little girl waiting for Christmas to come.

-Review: The beautiful pictures take the reader on an incredible journey. The story goes from the Arctic North to Australia. It visually shows children where this little girl is going.

-In class uses: 1) Tea
Nancy Lopez
Dec 11, 2011 Nancy Lopez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and really adored it. I went to sing it to first graders, it was the first time that I have read in front of a classroom, at first I was really embarrassed but after a while I enjoyed being around all those little kids; it was an amazing experience. All the kids had an enormous amount of fun singing the song with me, and looking at the pictures of the book. I’m looking forward to have another experience like this one. I would really recommend other student to ...more
The Library Lady
Gorgeous version of one of my favorite lullabies--it even has the additional verses.
Unfortunately it also has a center "POP-UP"--a foldout that will get wrecked probably by the first little user. Plus it has a design where you read the first two verses, then flip the book upside down for the rest.
The result is a book that is too gimicky to circulate--and I am not even sure I will be able to use it in story hour. Wish the reviews I read had noted these problems.
Caveat emptor....
Meg McGregor
Sep 22, 2014 Meg McGregor rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very cute rendition of the classic song.

I liked how the pictures take the reader all around the world.

From the little boys home in the big city, most likely New York, the story shifts to the Arctic North, then to the Far East, then to the plains of Africa, and lastly to Australia.

I especially like the ending, but I will not spoil that for you. Just be sure to look closely at the last page!
Dec 05, 2008 Dorothea rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The words are the song "Twinkle, twinkle little star." A little boy is looking at an atlas in his room and gets transported in (probably in his imagination) to the three kings following the star and then to the city of Bethlehem. A sweet Christmas book.
A really sweet premise, and fantastic illustrations, but the whole thing together didn't keep my kids' interest
Christie Rice
May 02, 2010 Christie Rice rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is such a great book! This book combines evry child's beloved poem with a new interpretation of the Christmas story!!!
Miss Amanda
I have this book in an oversized version. It is great for large groups. It includes additional verses to the song!
Mar 09, 2009 Anna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
How can you *NOT* love Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star?!?! I really like this edition's pictures. Several of my students have really enjoyed this book.
Sep 02, 2011 Gail rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books
Although this is my 3 year old daughter's favorite song, this book was not the hit I thought it would be.
Jul 13, 2007 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is perfect for teaching children the Twinkle Twinkle Litter Star song and has additional verses. The pictures are bright and depict children from various cultures.
Dec 06, 2014 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Illustrated by Michael Hague. Lovely illustrations, especially the fiery Pegasus. I think we'll buy a copy for my DD, she loves to song the song.
Jun 15, 2013 Nora rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jp
I would've rated it higher, because the illustrations are enchanting! But there is no storyline--just pics & part of twinkle, twinkle little star.
Twinkle is a cute book, but I found it a little confusing, as you have to turn it upside down and the foldout is a bit cumbersome and likely to wrip.
Claire rated it liked it
Feb 13, 2014
Dec 23, 2008 Wendy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books
Poor pictures. Fun for child. She likes to tear this, but keeps asking for it.
Jacqueline rated it liked it
Feb 26, 2010
Cool rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2009
Jj rated it did not like it
Jun 30, 2014
Jocelyn rated it it was amazing
Sep 19, 2014
Victoria June
Victoria June rated it it was ok
Jan 30, 2010
Judy rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2014
Kelseypearl rated it really liked it
Feb 15, 2013
Staicy rated it it was amazing
May 23, 2011
Mel rated it it was ok
Jul 15, 2008
Shannon Dunn
Shannon Dunn rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2016
Krista rated it it was amazing
Nov 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
MCC Children's Li...: picture book 1 1 Feb 06, 2012 04:06PM
  • All Fall Down
  • Big Fat Hen
  • Row Row Row Your Boat
  • Old Mother Hubbard
  • Mouse's First Snow
  • Good-Night, Owl!
  • Wynken, Blynken, & Nod
  • Little White Duck
  • Doctor Who: When's the Doctor?
  • 1, 2, Buckle My Shoe
  • The Little Red Hen Makes a Pizza
  • Baby Parade
  • Your Personal Penguin
  • Cat
There are several authors on Goodsreads with this name. This is Jane^^^Taylor.

Jane Taylor was an English poet and novelist. She wrote the words to the song "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star".
More about Jane Taylor...