Start by marking “Polar Bears and the Arctic (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #16)” as Want to Read:
Polar Bears and the Arctic (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #16)

Polar Bears and the Arctic (Magic Tree House Fact Tracker #16)

Magic Tree House Research Guides are now Magic Tree House Fact Trackers! Track the facts with Jack and Annie!

When Jack and Annie got back from their adventure inMagic Tree House #16: Polar Bears Past Bedtime,they had lots of questions. Why is the Arctic so cold? What did the first people of the Artic eat? How do polar bears cross thin ice? What other animals live in the

Published September 25th 2007 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published September 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Polar Bears and the Arctic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Polar Bears and the Arctic

In Cold Blood by Truman CapoteThe Spy Who Came In from the Cold by John le CarréSmilla's Sense of Snow by Peter HøegSnow by Orhan PamukSnow Crash by Neal Stephenson
Frosty Book Titles
68th out of 408 books — 71 voters
Dinosaurs Before Dark by Mary Pope OsborneThe Knight at Dawn by Mary Pope OsborneMummies in the Morning by Mary Pope OsbornePirates Past Noon by Mary Pope OsborneNight of the Ninjas by Mary Pope Osborne
Best of Mary Pope Osborne
64th out of 100 books — 1 voter

More lists with this book...

Gail
Feb 03, 2016 Gail rated it it was amazing
Excellent nonfiction companion book for Polar Bears Past Bedtime
Alexis
Jan 09, 2015 Alexis rated it liked it
Apparently polar bears are evil. This book is going to crush dreams.
Amy Scott
Apr 03, 2015 Amy Scott rated it really liked it
I was so excited to come across this book! It is one of several nonfiction books to accompany the Magic Treehouse series. The Magic treehouse books are very entertaining and my own kids love them. In order for readers to learn more about whatever the topic is of a particular adventure in the series, in this case Polar Bears, you can read these nonfiction books as an additional source of factual information. I think I will be adding some of these to my own library soon.
Marya
Sep 08, 2016 Marya rated it liked it
Shelves: children-series
Not to be confused with Sabertooths and the Ice Age, which I stupidly read immediately before this one (in hindsight, that wasn't the best move). I know at least three women who would be thrilled to learn that this book clearly explains how polar bears NEVER meet penguins, except at the zoo (because they live at opposite poles). Those three ladies would be equally aghast that the map labels Iceland as land (not island) somewhat east of Finland. Sigh.
Shawn
May 04, 2016 Shawn rated it really liked it
this book tells stuff about the Arctic and some stuff about polar bears and people in the arctic and animals in the arctic and more.(here are some animals in the arctic ARCTIC HARE,ARCTIC WOLF,LEMMING,NARWHAL,SEAL,SNOWY OWL,WALRUS,and WOLVERINE.) you should read this book.
Jacquie
Apr 27, 2016 Jacquie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good information about animals and people in the Arctic. I like how its written for children so my son could get a better understanding for things and was excited to learn so much about an area we most likely won't ever visit.
Leah Koch
I think this book would be a good way to get students excited about science because it is written as a nonfiction companion to another Magic Treehouse story. If students like the story, they can read this one to learn about animals, climates, and geography.
Melissa Maillet
Apr 16, 2016 Melissa Maillet rated it really liked it
One of the better Magic Tree House research books we've read so far. Lots of facts that interested both my daughters and I! Prompted some great discussions. A great family read.
Gabby
Dec 16, 2015 Gabby rated it it was amazing
Seeing as bears are my favorite animals, it's pretty obvious why I loved this book.
Brenda
Dec 30, 2010 Brenda rated it really liked it
Read this book so I had a few more facts when I lead a book discussion for children on the book "Polar Bears Past Bedtime," also written by Mary Pope Osborne. I learned that the only polar bears that live together are mothers and her cubs. Because of global warming polar bears have a harder time hunting so they are an adverage of 20 pounds liter than they were 5 years ago. This book is full of good information. Well worth the time to read.
Laura (booksnob)
Jan 29, 2008 Laura (booksnob) rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 1st to 3rd grade students
Max didn't want to review this book, so I will.
Max read it in one day. He kept coming to me and telling me all about the artic circle and the many things he was learning about Polar Bears.
Sarah Brandel
I was given this book to read as a good example of writing for grades 3-4, getting content across with short sentences and age-appropriate vocabulary. Sometimes, I like my job. :-)
Twyla
Nov 30, 2013 Twyla rated it it was amazing
this book is about polar bear and the arctic and global warming. the people in the world are making the global warming get worse so we will have to stop pollution so it gets better
Theresa
Oct 18, 2013 Theresa rated it liked it
Shelves: review
wonder where they got the facts want a resource thats easy for your student to understand
Sydney
Dec 02, 2013 Sydney rated it really liked it
at the artic when you spit your spiy turns in to ice before it hits the ground.
Maria
Dec 14, 2013 Maria rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2013
My 6 year old daughter gave it 5 stars.
Payton
Dec 04, 2013 Payton rated it really liked it
There is a desert under the Arctic.
Brooke
Sally
Sally added it
Sep 22, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
Peggy
Peggy marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2016
Moosa
Moosa added it
Sep 06, 2016
Ian
Ian added it
Sep 03, 2016
Melody
Melody marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2016
Grace Pulver
Grace Pulver marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2016
Logan
Logan rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2016
M J
M J marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2016
Mariann
Mariann rated it it was amazing
Aug 11, 2016
  • Twisters and Other Terrible Storms (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #8)
  • From Tadpole to Frog
  • Insect Invaders (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #11)
  • Baxter (The Puppy Place, #19)
  • The Magic School Bus and the Electric Field Trip (The Magic School Bus, #9)
  • The One Hundredth Day of School! (Ready, Freddy!, #13)
  • Who Is Jane Goodall?
  • Amazing Magnetism (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #12)
  • Temple of Terror (Fighting Fantasy: Reissues 1, #19)
  • The Power of Focusing: A Practical Guide to Emotional Self-Healing
  • Appointment with F.E.A.R. (Fighting Fantasy: Reissues 1, #18)
  • Humphrey the Lost Whale
  • Seas of Blood (Fighting Fantasy, #16)
More about Mary Pope Osborne...

Magic Tree House Fact Tracker (1 - 10 of 34 books)
  • Dinosaurs (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #1)
  • Knights and Castles (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #2)
  • Mummies and Pyramids (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #3)
  • Pirates (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #4)
  • Rain Forests (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #5)
  • Space (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #6)
  • Titanic (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #7)
  • Twisters and Other Terrible Storms (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #8)
  • Dolphins And Sharks (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #9)
  • Ancient Greece and the Olympics (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #10)