Start by marking “Ylesia (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #14.5)” as Want to Read:
Ylesia (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #14.5)

Read Book

Ylesia (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order #14.5)

3.53  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,989 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Ylesia is an installment of the Star Wars novel series the New Jedi Order. It was published in ebook form on 3 September 2002, and was later published in print with The Joiner King. Set at the same time as the Walter Jon Williams novel Destiny's Way, it is primarily the story of a relative of Han Solo's, Thracken Sal-Solo, who finds himself leading the collaborationist Pea ...more
Published 2002 by Del Rey

To ask other readers questions about Ylesia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ylesia

Heir to the Empire by Timothy ZahnThe Last Command by Timothy ZahnPath of Destruction by Drew KarpyshynDark Force Rising by Timothy ZahnRule of Two by Drew Karpyshyn
Best Star Wars Books
264th out of 333 books — 957 voters
The Paradise Snare by A.C. CrispinThe Hutt Gambit by A.C. CrispinRebel Dawn by A.C. CrispinLando Calrissian and the Mindharp of Sharu by L. Neil SmithLando Calrissian and the Flamewind of Oseon by L. Neil Smith
Star Wars Lit 2
88th out of 96 books — 1 voter

More lists with this book...

Jesse
Feb 14, 2009 Jesse rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi, starwars
The new Jedi order completely outpaces anything in the Starwars genre. This series was Dark, exciting, fast paced, and inspired. The writing was fantastic and the level of philosophy and force history was unparalleled. If your a fan at any level of the Starwars Universe than this series is a must read. It is on my top 5 of all time for a series and I treasured every moment I spent in that time. But beware, this isn't your typical Starwars book, be ready for a level of intensity that you've never ...more
Zooworld
Jun 14, 2009 Zooworld rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who reads Star Wars fiction
Shelves: star-wars
This was my first experience with Star Wars fiction, and I loved it so much I am now waiting desperately to get to the bookshop for more! The plot is interesting for an e-book/short story, and certainly draws you in to the Star Wars time period in which it is set.
Bradley
Third time’s the charm?

That appears to be the case with Del Rey’s latest foray into electronic literature. The third eBook to bear the Star Wars name succeeds on many levels where its predecessors failed. The exception to this rule is in delivery of the content online. In the real world, a books release date means walking into a bookstore on that date and picking up a copy. In many cases, advance ordering is possible. The attractiveness of eBooks is the ‘golden promise’ of not having to pay for
Daniel
Jan 15, 2014 Daniel rated it it was ok
Not much to say here.

This seemed like it was meant to be part of the previous book, Destiny's Way, but had to be cut. I wouldn't be surprised if that was actually the case. As such, it's not bad--Williams is a good writer--but it's not necessary.

Plus we have Thrackan Sal-Solo, literally the most annoying character in the Star Wars EU, taking a prominent role. Yes, he's meant to be annoying. That's done well, but I don't care about him...

There were a couple high points, and parts of it would have
Koit
Mar 09, 2016 Koit rated it liked it
I found Ylesia a thrilling read, fast-paced as it was. Slightly difficult to follow as I have not read the majority of the NJO books but not overly so, especially as most of the action is self-contained.

Plus, one has to applaud: "Sir, you are a fish!"
Russell
Oct 20, 2012 Russell rated it liked it
Shelves: star-wars
This was a fun little story.

It was weird reading it out of order as I read the main NJO books awhile ago. Cool to revisit and all the fun elements are in play.

Sal-Solo was a likeable antagonist. I want to see him get his comeuppance, but he's a rascal that I don't mind causing trouble.

Good on Lowie for getting some action.

And Post-Traitor Jacen is always wonderful.

Not a bad story, but really just a brief check-in between books. If I had never read it then my enjoyment of NJO would not have been
Grant
Jan 11, 2016 Grant rated it really liked it
I'm just catching up on the e-books, having read the rest of the series years ago, but this was a nicely self-contained short read, with good characterization and lots of action.
Mara Jule
Aug 19, 2013 Mara Jule rated it really liked it
Worth reading simply for this Sal-Solo line: "Up until now I thought the Jedi were the most pompous, annoying gasbags in creation but that was before I met you. You take the prize for the most preposterous, self important, prolix fiasco I have ever seen. And on top of that you, sir, you are a fish! So sit down and shut up, before I take a harpoon to you."
Vee
May 19, 2011 Vee rated it it was ok
Was this e-book necessary? What compelled the author to basically write additional chapters? I guess he was having fun with the SW-NJO universe? So far I think Recovery was the only substantial edition to the NJO series.

About the story? There's some political f8ckery, more Shmirra, a decent battle and Jacen comes to terms with his place in the war.
Amanda
Dec 21, 2011 Amanda rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, tie-in
Particularly hearted this one, mostly due to make-outs. (I do not have high standards for Star Wars books, even within The New Jedi Order, which is orders of magnitude better than anything other than the Timothy Zahn novels.)
K
Nov 19, 2013 K rated it really liked it
Ylesia was a quick read and helped add some additional story on the Peace Brigade, amongst other things. It was also nice to see a connection to an older book from the Han Solo Trilogy.
AnnaM
Jan 23, 2013 AnnaM rated it liked it
Well written and interesting. This story takes place during the novel Destiny's Way. It's a short story so there isn't a lot of character development but it was fun to read.
Vince Stavale
Vince Stavale rated it liked it
Aug 23, 2016
Adam
Adam marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2016
Chen
Chen rated it it was amazing
Bryce
Bryce rated it it was amazing
John
John rated it it was amazing
Aug 22, 2016
Travis Kallmeyer
Travis Kallmeyer rated it it was amazing
Peter
Peter added it
Tim
Tim rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2016
jarrod
jarrod marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2016
Alice W. Castle
Alice W. Castle marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2016
Rusty Shumate
Rusty Shumate rated it liked it
Aug 10, 2016
Steve
Steve marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2016
Shaley
Shaley marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2016
Allie Ryan
Allie Ryan rated it really liked it
Aug 03, 2016
  • Recovery (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #6.5)
  • The Final Prophecy (Star Wars: New Jedi Order, #18)
  • Reunion (Force Heretic, #3) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #17)
  • Rebel Dream (Enemy Lines, #1) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #11)
  • Jedi Eclipse (Agents of Chaos, #2) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #5)
  • Dark Journey (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #10)
  • Traitor (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #13)
  • Ruin (Dark Tide, #2) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #3)
  • Fool's Bargain (Star Wars)
  • Balance Point (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #6)
Walter Jon Williams has published twenty novels and short fiction collections. Most are science fiction or fantasy -Hardwired, Voice of the Whirlwind, Aristoi, Metropolitan, City on Fire to name just a few - a few are historical adventures, and the most recent, The Rift, is a disaster novel in which "I just basically pound a part of the planet down to bedrock." And that's just the opening chapters ...more
More about Walter Jon Williams...

Star Wars: The New Jedi Order (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Vector Prime (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #1)
  • Onslaught (Dark Tide, #1) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #2)
  • Ruin (Dark Tide, #2) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #3)
  • Hero's Trial (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #4)
  • Jedi Eclipse (Agents of Chaos, #2) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #5)
  • Balance Point (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #6)
  • Conquest (Edge of Victory, #1) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #7)
  • Rebirth (Edge of Victory, #2) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #8)
  • Star by Star (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #9)
  • Dark Journey (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #10)