Debt Cures: "They" Don't Want You to Know About

Debt Cures: "They" Don't Want You to Know About

3.24 of 5 stars 3.24  ·  rating details  ·  217 ratings  ·  61 reviews
Are you getting deeper and deeper into debt while they make bigger and bigger profits? Not after you read...Debt Cure$ They Dont Want You To Know About!In this new book, Kevin Trudeau blows the lid off the banking and credit card industries, exposing the greatest rip off of our citizens in this nations history. The credit card industry is one of the most profitable industr...more
Published May 1st 2007 by Equity Press (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Debt Cures, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Debt Cures

Ryan
Aug 05, 2008 Ryan rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Ryan by: Mom
Had a few good points, but unless you're already far past the point of no return, this book won't be much help. It focusses on collections, bankruptcy and defaults.
Desiree
Unlike some of his previous books, this one is jam packed with great info! Every other sentence is definitely NOT, see my web site for more details.... I got 3 free credit reports with one phone call! He offers plenty of practical advice on how to improve your score and tons of resources at the end for "free" stuff from the government, etc on grants and other programs that could be very helpful. I still haven't gone through all the links yet as there are so many of them. Just by raising your cre...more
Phillip
Carpe diem, though a smooth piece of rhetoric the book must be viewed with a critical eye. A search on the internet for the author's name will provide the story of a man with reoccurring legal problems from the 90's through to last year for charges of fraud.

If nothing else, the book can be read with pleasure as a fine example of rhetoric. I believe the man could charm the birds out of the trees. On the face of it his financial advice sounds good. But, it is odd to read some of the author's claim...more
Kitt-e-kat
I Watched in Informercal about this book one time and made me really interesting in ordering it (paying for it). Luckily I had no money to, so I got it as a swap year later. He basically tells you like it is about the evil Credit card people and all their fees to make us go into debt. Which we all know they do. I really didn't find but one thing that really could help me in the book and was informational enough to know. But when your reading it, expect credit card companies bashing thru out the...more
Emma (Miss Print)
Kevin Trudeau's new book Debt Cures "They" Don't Want You to Know About first came to my attention when my Mom told me about an informercial that Trudeau was doing for the book. We're both always a bit wary of anything advertised via informercial, but Trudeau's book sounded like something different. In the advertisement (and the book's introduction), he says that he can lead readers to free money in the form of government grants. I'm a graduate student trying very hard to maintain my debt-free s...more
Tracy Carbone
I felt this book complained about the credit card companies who lied to consumers and took their money and got them into trouble. It was a lot of blaming the banks instead of the consumer taking responsiblity for getting themselves into debt. Job loss etc are valid reasons but many of us, me included, can only blame financial irreponsibility for our debt.

Many of the "cures" were unscrupulous and involved lying to creditors or using loopholes that hurt the banks.

I realize that banks can be unfai...more
LuAnn
I wanted to read this book to compare it to the one I just reviewed for Deborah Dennis (The Road to Credit Repair). Although many of the ideas were the same between the books, I learned from both of them and have already put these ideas to play in reducing debt and cutting expenses. Ya gotta love that! No matter what you think about Kevin Trudeau and his infomercials, what matters is that the actual writer (yes, I do mean to hint that this book was written by someone else because it was!) knows...more
Vicki
I found this book to be redundant from beginning to end. Most of the tips he provides are things that are just basic commen sense. Maybe because I'm not in dire "debt" straights this book seemed annoying to me. It's encourages people to not be responsible for their own debt and tells them it's okay to shirk their responsibility because the credit card companies are robbing them blind with fees. I think the author is a grandstander just looking to make money off people with his book. In his book...more
Adrienna
I listened to the audio CD for this book. There is redundancy throughout all the chapters, he is funny as a narrator, and wants to drill it in our heads. I do not agree that we can piggyback on someone else credit like family or friends, not in a black family to establish credit. Credit scores is important to get lesser interest rates and pay less for mortgages. Most of the things he spoke about, I was aware after having credit cards for so long. Free money, grants, I am wondering if this is pos...more
Francis Dostie
At first, it's feel like the book is complaining a lot against the "system"... Yes it's true that the Banks and Credits companies are really corrupted and closely linked with Gouvernements but I wanted to find out more about how to pay back my student loan faster and to continue to increase my credit score. Kevin is giving from the 2/3 part of the book some common and original tips to help us.

Overall it's a good book. Might have been better if he would have insisted a bit more about the fact of...more
Clivemichael Justice
Repetitive, has some interesting suggestions
Nikki
This would have been a good book if Kevin cut out all of his opinions and stuck to the information on how to reduce your debt. I can sum the book up in once sentence. First call your credit cards and ask to reduce your rate, split your loan payment (mortgage, student loan, car...) into weekly installments and send the payment in weekly, do not pay debt that is pasted your states statue of limitation and if you want to raise your fico score increase your credit card limit and do not charge more t...more
Jen
I really enjoyed this read. The material was fascinating, informative, and entertaining. I felt that it was well compiled and presented. I've found the information within helpful and helping propel me forward as well. I have the print & audio version of this, the audio was definitely more entertaining as Mr. Trudeau expounds extra information, and makes funny commentary. Great read, and helpful. Highly recommend. :)
Stephanie
Yes, I'm adding a Kevin Trudeau book to my list! Is the royal "we" on a self-improvement kick, methinks? My debt has been out of control since staring my own business in 2004. As I near my 5th anniversary of freelancing, I owe it to myself to kick that pile to the curb. And, what can I say. His cheeky, "Isn't the world full of crooks and idiots?" style entertains me. Hard to do while covering topics like credit reports.
Holly
Nov 09, 2010 Holly rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone looking to improve their credit, avoid Bankrupcy, and get out of debt
Recommended to Holly by: Need
Another wonderful and useful book by Kevin Trudeau. Now that I have read the book and checked all of the updates to the laws. I am taking action to raise my credit limit on my credit cards, get rid of old debt, add one credit card from my credit union, refinance my car to a better rate as opposed to and have it reported as gone to the credit agencies, and pay off my cars and pay down my house soonest!
Christy
This book didn't have alot of information that I didn't already know. I did feel motivated by it to get out of debt faster though. I did learn a few new insights into the credit card industry, not that I ever thought they were the good guys LOL. This book would be very informative for someone who has no clue about how credit card companies really work, or about their own finances and debt.
Sue
I know a lot of people hate on this guy because he is "charging" people for advice.. This makes me laugh because for some reason it socially acceptable for others(doctors, lawyers)to do it but not him.????? But actually this book has some great tips on how to save your own ass by fighting your own battle instead of dealing with yet another 3rd party. GO get it from the library.
Jeff
Nov 25, 2013 Jeff rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2009
Kevin Trudeau does a good job of taking common sense advice and marketing it as revolutionary, unheard of, life changing advice. He could probably even sell shit to a hog.

Overall, the book consisted of advice I'd already heard of. Some people disagree with his advice of sending a letter to creditors listing all your assets. Even if you are judgment proof, you could still get sued.
Chelsea Stevens
I love anything that encourages self-thinking and helps me question why I do what I do, especially if it's about medicine/health, parenting, and money matters! This conspiracy theorist motivates me to go against the herd!! He uncovers some interesting facts about our consumer lending habits here in America what we can do to get out of the traps of it!
Nitewriter
Jun 23, 2008 Nitewriter rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Financial Newbies
This book is full of fairly basic financial info, if you have read a lot of other finance books don't bother. Also, he sort of over-promises on what he can deliver on the whole get-you-out-of-debt-thing (I mean unless you've been REALLLY stupid) so, I guess I would skip it unless you have no personal finance knowlege.
Ravone'
I know what you are thinking... Yeah, I read the book from the late night infomercial. Yes, I'm that guy, I'd just like to say that this book saved me almost $27,000 . I wont go into detail about how. But let me just say this... I saved almost $27,000 with this book and it took me less than a year.
This book was poorly written, and did not have useful information. I didn't expect it to be anything enlightening, but to me it was very common sense information. If you're looking for financial planning info, I'd recommend reading some of Dave Ramsey's books or Jean Chatzky's.
Marsha
Kevin Trudeau writes details about how the credit card and banking industries and how they take advantage of consumers and what individuals can do about it. I enjoy reading "money" books and Mr. Trudeau's book adds well to financial education.
Kisha
Good instructions. You have to read through all of the testimonies to get to the meat of this book, but if there are any problems at all as far as your credit or finances are concerned, I highly recommend. Proof is in the pudding, it really works.
Jessica
Dec 10, 2010 Jessica is currently reading it
So far, very good. A little too conversational at times, and Trudeau repeats several points, but it is very informative, and Trudeau doesn't come off as a condescending know-it-all. Definitely good to read if you're in debt - and who isn't?
Michelleawagner
Nov 11, 2009 Michelleawagner is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
So far I haven't gotten into the "meat and potatoes" of the book yet. It looks like the author puts a lot of blame on government and banks for our nation's enormous debt problem, and less on the consumer. about 275 pgs to go though.
Rebecca  Avery
Everyone should read this book. It tells the ins and outs of the credit industry. You can cut your debt up to 75%. I am still reading it. It does repeat alot. However it will be the best invstment you hsve ever made. Get this book.
Evan
Nothing new to see here. Trudeau's infomercials draw you in, but the emperor is wearing no financial clothes. Everything he presents is stuff that can be found elsewhere, and is often better-explained. Go grab a Suze Orman book instead!
Shelley
Yep, I read about half of this. Mostly he vents about how bad the industry is, but tucked away here and there are some good tips on getting out of debt. It does help you feel empowered if you're feeling overwhelmed by debt.
Catherine Gentry
An excellent resource of how to deal with the excesses of credit which threatens our personal lives and literal enslaves us. Also great section in the back of the book with links for acquiring grants and other financial help.
  • The Five Languages of Appreciation in the Workplace: Empowering Organizations by Encouraging People
  • Holy Bible: New Testament: The King James Version (Everyman's Library)
  • Chicken Soup for the Single's Soul (Chicken Soup for the Soul (Paperback Health Communications))
  • Rich Dad's Increase Your Financial IQ: Get Smarter with Your Money
  • Basic Black: The Essential Guide for Getting Ahead at Work (and in Life)
  • Being In Balance: 9 Principles for Creating Habits to Match Your Desires
  • Goals: Setting And Achieving Them On Schedule
  • The Lost Language of Symbolism: An Essential Guide for Recognizing and Interpreting Symbols of the Gospel
  • Cook This, Not That!: Easy & Awesome 350-Calorie Meals
  • Be Thou An Example
  • How Could You Do That?!: The Abdication of Character, Courage, and Conscience
  • Journey Home
  • Weakness Is Not Sin: The Liberating Distinction That Awakens Our Strengths
Kevin Mark Trudeau is a convicted American fraud artist, author, radio personality, infomercial host, and salesman who promotes various unsubstantiated health, diet and financial "remedies". Several of his books, including Natural Cures "They" Don't Want You to Know About, allege that both the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the pharmaceutical industry value profit over treatments or cures.

T...more
More about Kevin Trudeau...
Natural Cures "They" Don't Want You to Know about More Natural Cures Revealed The Weight Loss Cure "They" Don't Want You to Know About Free Money Kevin Trudeau's Mega Memory: How to Release Your Superpower Memory in 30 Minutes Or Less a Day