Start by marking “Tell Me When I'm Dead (Book One of TELL ME WHEN I'M DEAD)” as Want to Read:
Tell Me When I'm Dead (Book One of TELL ME WHEN I'M DEAD)

Tell Me When I'm Dead (Tell Me When I'm Dead #1)

This is an alternate cover edition for ASIN: B00ESNCNG4

Thanks to his wife, Holly, recovering alcoholic Dave Pulaski is getting his life back. Then a contagion decimates the town, turning its victims into shrieking flesh-eaters. Now Dave and Holly must find a way to survive. But Dave is this close to drinking again. A woman he cheated with—and no longer human—is after him.
Published October 2015 by Glass Highway (first published August 25th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Tell Me When I'm Dead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tell Me When I'm Dead

Travis Luedke
Revenge of the zombie ex-girlfriend - an instant cult classic

Steven Ramirez brings on a hard-hitting splattergore zombie thriller, told by the ultimate anti-hero, Dave. Dave's not brave, he's not honorable, he's not a muscle-bound MMA fighter or an ex-military sniper. He's a recovering alcoholic, with a past that just won't quit.

The one thing you learn about Dave, he's good with an axe.

Dave had it all going for him, Holly - the perfect wife, a good job at Staples, clean and sober, dumped his los
Simon Okill
Sep 06, 2013 Simon Okill rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror
Tell Me When I'm Dead should not be read while eating a plate of spaghetti. Steven Ramirez has hit the nailheads on the head, preferably with an axe in full swing. Those aren't the guys you should be scared of, it's the draggers who have their cake and eat it, usually with a liberal helping of Kensington Gore.
Dave Pulaski has been a loser all his young life until he meets Holly. She cleans up his act, gets him to give up alcohol and that means his best friend Jim too. But Jim is like a lost pup
Christoph Fischer
"Tell Me When I'm Dead" by Steven Ramirez was recommended to me by a friend and although I don't often read Zombie stories I took his advice and downloaded the book. I was not disappointed.

Right from the first page the powerful prose and action packed story pulled me into this excellently written book. The opening is an excellent preview of the gore, action and fast paced action to come. First however we learn more about our hero, David, a regular guy and dry alcoholic who just recently rebuilt
Nola Arganbright
A wonderful and exciting book. This is my first Zombie read and I am so thrilled that I went outside my comfort level to read this book. The characters are strong and so real to me. They were for the most part everyday people who met the challenge. I know the story was fiction but it was so believable that I think it could happen. I hated putting the book down. I hope that others will take the chance to read "Tell Me When I'm Dead". I am ready to find another Stephen Ramirez book and start ...more
Laura Laska
Sep 08, 2013 Laura Laska rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ZOMBTASTIC!!! Action packed and an exciting page turner. Wonderful characters! I'm looking forward to reading more of Mr. Ramirez's other books. EXCELLENT!
Jennifer R  Ricketts

Imagine if your personal life was in shambles AND you had a zombie apocalypse to worry about. In Tell Me When I'm Dead, that's exactly the situation our main character, Dave, finds himself in. He's a man with what he believes to be a happy life. He's stopped drinking, has a beautiful wife who wants to start a family with him, and plans to go to community college. Dave used to drink all the time with his former frien
Travis Starnes
I will start by saying the book is competently written. The zombie outbreak and how it works is all well-reasoned and the books pacing is solid. Following the main character David through the various hurdles he faces in living in this world and keeping his family together is totally liner and not hard to follow. I liked the addition of the military contractor akin to Black Water and the local opposition to them. The one problem with zombie fiction is it tends to become a one track people against ...more
Beth  (Curling Up With A Good Book)
I saw other reviews on goodreads regarding this book and they all said how good it was so I was ecstatic when the author agreed to send me an arc to review! With this being the month of October and Halloween coming around the corner...I was definitely in the mood for a good zombie story and this one hit the mark!!

The book throws you right into the zombie infested world in the first chapter. It takes you to a scene where Dave wasnt sure if he was dead or alive or if he would survive.

I will say t
Heather Mullaney
Let me start with I have never been a huge zombie fan. I could take it or leave it pretty much, although I do have to admit I liked Shawn of the Dead because of the humor. As far as Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead...eh. Before this book, I have only read one other zombie style book. I found I liked this book from the start. It starts with Dave Pulaski, beaten to a pulp and stuck in a walk-in fridge full of kegs of beer, thinking about how his life went to Hell real quick. Dave is a simple guy ...more
Denise
Sep 08, 2013 Denise rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I typically do not like zombie books. I figured I would try this one. I'm so glad I did. This book was a great read. I love the story line. It kept me wanting to read more. I had a hard time putting it down. I love the characters. They were all great. With so many interesting characters, it's hard to say who my favorite was. Well written. A definite must read. Recommended.
Debbie jones
Mar 26, 2016 Debbie jones rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review m

I loved your book.I am a walking dead fan and so many of these books are boring but yours was awesome I loved every page.I can't wait to read book two. You are a very talented author. Hope to enjoy more of your books.
Jason Mueller
Sep 03, 2013 Jason Mueller rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Steven Ramirez hit a home run with “Tell Me When I’m Dead”!!!
Fast paced, fun read, well thought out characters and plot!
Zombies, guns, rogue government contractors, militia’s and let’s not forget the crazy chick you had an affair with and now wants you dead………… sounds like my life……….
Andy Troth
Oct 16, 2013 Andy Troth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent. A real page-turner. Well written throughout, the story grips you right from the beginning and doesn't let go. Unputdownable.
Will be keeping an eye out for more of Steven's work in the future.
Leigha Craig
Sep 18, 2013 Leigha Craig rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It has been months (sad and splatter-free months) since I've seen a new episode of The Walking Dead so I've been jonesing for my next quality hit of the undead for quite some time. When I saw on Goodreads that there was an author offering free copies of a "splattergore" zombie book called TELL ME WHEN I'M DEAD in return for an honest and unbiased review I jumped on that like it was a twitching pile of innards at a zombie buffet. Num num!

But then...have you ever heard the saying, "you can never h
Brian Manville
Feb 24, 2014 Brian Manville rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dystopia
** Disclosure: The author provided me a complimentary copy of his book in exchange for a review. No other relationship is to be implied or inferred from reading this review. **

Dave Pulaski is IMO an anti-hero, but not one you typically find in literature. He is the quintessential idiot; a man who makes bad choices and keeps right on making them in spite of circumstances shining favorably upon him. Even in times of stress, he rashly wants to do things that would endanger his well-being. He grew u
Rebecca
Oct 02, 2016 Rebecca rated it it was amazing
A surprisingly entertaining book. I say that because, outside of Stephen King and Dean Koontz, I don't read "horror" stories, and this is that. But it is refreshingly different for me, and frankly, when an author can write as well as this author writes, the story takes hold and you can't put it down. The plot and character development were compelling, and the gruesome parts (it is about flesh-eating zombies, after all) were not gory; in fact, they were written with just the right amount of ...more
Toni
Review also on My Book Addiction as part of #zOctober2013 :)

Actual rating: 4.5/5

This is one helluva zombie book! Steven Ramirez takes us on a bloody, terrifying ride through this hell on Earth he’s created, giving us plenty of backstory to skillfully develop his awesome characters.

The story begins with Dave, our main character, hiding in a cold storage area with “draggers” pounding on the door, desperate to rip into his flesh. We’re given a quick glimpse of what the present day apocalypse is all
Aimeekay
Oct 14, 2013 Aimeekay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tell Me When I’m Dead is a good start to what looks to be an interesting series. There were a few things I didn’t like, but the positive definitely outweighed the negative.

First let’s talk about what I did like.
The story is told through the main character, Dave’s, eyes. I don’t know if I can really say I liked Dave, ‘cause honestly there was a lot of stuff about him that I didn’t like, at least at the beginning. He cheats on his wife, he lies, and he just seems to get really whiney… But maybe i
Denise
Sep 11, 2013 Denise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well if you are going to be knee deep in zombies and beaten to a pulp ending up locked in the cooler of a brewery might not be a bad place to be; unless of course there is no tap for the kegs. Tell Me When I'm Dead is sure to be a fun read for fans of zombie apocalypse adventures. In this book we follow Dave who is a small town boy who hit his prime in high school playing hockey. He subsequently falls into alcoholism with his best friend Jim and all of the pitfalls associated with this ...more
Heather
Dec 29, 2014 Heather rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story was ooey gooey awesome! Zombie gore with a hate but love him hero... this book was awesome. While I can't watch horror movies, I love me some old fashioned flesh eating monsters (weird, huh?). MR. Ramirez did an excellent job of keeping the story unique in a market saturated with the undead. The characters are raw, real, and just crazy enough that is made my reader hair stand on end.

The main character is a recovering alcoholic and a jerk, married to a gal who's tried for years to cha
S.R. Mallery
May 28, 2015 S.R. Mallery rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
**** MIRACLES DO HAPPEN!!

Apparently, miracles do happen. Just when I felt I could state unequivocally how much I hate books or movies re zombies––I mean we’re talking running from the room in disgust whenever “The Walking Dead” was advertised on TV—I happened to ‘look inside’ Steven Ramirez’s TELL ME WHEN I’M DEAD, Book 1 on Amazon and boy, I was hooked!

Filled with great phrases, insightful imagery, and poetic similes, I read it nonstop, astounded by my eagerness to see what would happen next, e
Shih-tzus Happens
Before I got into the story of this book I knew I would love this Author, his style is amazing. The pages before the actual story had me…
This story is about the undead and the hell life gets to be trying to stay alive. Something has taken over this small town and is changing people and not for the better.
This book is actioned packed to the very end and flows very nicely. The journey the Author takes you on is like you are truly living the hell that his charters are living with no way out.
There
Tina Brimlow
Sep 01, 2014 Tina Brimlow rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I have read from Steven Ramirez. I don't usually read books about Zombies. So this was a first for me.

I thought it was very good. I felt as if I was able to picture it and watch it on the TV. It had what I like in books, action, suspense. You name it and it was there. I felt intrigued from the moment I started reading it. I am hoping Steven makes this into a series. Cause with the way its going it might just either turn in a movie or a TV series.

I wish I can give it more t
Allyson
Sep 18, 2013 Allyson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-review
I had my review written out and it all got deleted. I hate that! This was an awesome book with a excellence plot. Great characters where you feel like your there with them. There is lots of action and gore. If you love zombies like I do you'll love this fast paced action book. You won't want to put it down till you know what happens. Great read check it out! Thank you again for letting me read and review your book. Can't wait to read more from you :)
Krystal Coleman
Sep 18, 2013 Krystal Coleman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was an interesting surprise in a nearly beaten to death genre. I did not expect this book to be as fun as it was. It has plenty of gore for the most rabid zombie fans with a good sense of humor added in between. I would and do recommend this book to my many zombie loving friends, and I hope to see this book rise in popularity.
Crystal
Tell Me When I'm Dead is an excellent book! The flawed and even reluctant hero is an excellent plus. He's a real guy with real issues. Yet, he still finds a way to redeem his past and move forward in a time of tribulation. The action is high and the relationships forged are touching. There is even a hint of romance in the air. What more can you ask for in an excellent story? ...more
Melissa
May 01, 2015 Melissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my first book by Mr. Ramirez and definitely won’t be my last. What a great read. No spoilers. The characters are well developed and engage the reader from the start of the story.

Nicely done Mr. Ramirez.
Tonya Marie
Jun 16, 2014 Tonya Marie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not a big zombie fan, but I really likes this book. Well written and perfectly paced. Can't wait for the next one. (He can't leave us hanging!)
Jeanette
Mar 27, 2015 Jeanette rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Interesting series...

Enjoyed the book...just the right mixture of religion and action...some gory scenes but most zombie novels are..Will be reading the next one...
Terri
Nov 08, 2013 Terri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I haven't read it but I wasn't about to let a one star affect the author. I have no idea how one star got there in the first place.
« previous 1 3 next »
  • The Shadow Box
  • The Shepherd
  • State of Decay: Part One
  • The Beautiful Dead (The Beautiful Dead, #1)
  • Odium 1.5 (The Dead Saga, #1.5)
  • Blood and Loss (Cassandra Myles, Witch, #1)
  • Time of Death: Induction (Time of Death, #1)
  • 100 Days in Deadland (Deadland Saga, #1)
  • Demise of the Living (Domain of the Dead #3)
  • Undead L.A. 1
  • The Most Uncommon Cold I: Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse
  • Sanctuary
  • Ancient Blood: A Novel of the Hegemony (The Order Saga, #1)
  • Darker Things (The Lockman Chronicles, #1)
  • Dying Days
  • Dead Drunk: Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse. One Beer at a Time
Steven Ramirez is the author of the horror thriller series TELL ME WHEN I’M DEAD. He has also published a number of short stories, as well as a children’s book, and he wrote the screenplay for the horror thriller film ‘Killers.’ To hear about new releases, visit http://stevenramirez.com/newsletter/. Steven lives in Los Angeles with his wife and daughters.

You can connect with Steven on Twitter at h
More about Steven Ramirez...

Tell Me When I'm Dead (2 books)
  • Dead Is All You Get (Book Two of TELL ME WHEN I'M DEAD)

“What I learned in this tragedy was the eternal lesson of good people going bad.” 14 likes
“We are born. We die. Somewhere in between we live. And how we live is up to us. That’s it.” 13 likes