Start by marking “J. D. Robb Collection 1: Naked in Death, Glory in Death, Immortal in Death” as Want to Read:
J. D. Robb Collection 1: Naked in Death, Glory in Death, Immortal in Death

J. D. Robb Collection 1: Naked in Death, Glory in Death, Immortal in Death (In Death #1-3 omnibus)

4.54  ·  Rating Details ·  1,610 Ratings  ·  48 Reviews
Naked in Death

Eve Dallas is a New York police lieutenant hunting for a ruthless killer. In over ten years on the force, she's seen it all - and knows that her survival depends on her instincts. And she's going against every warning telling her not to get involved with Roarke, an Irish billionaire - and suspect in Eve's murder investigation. But passion and seduction have r
Audio, Abridged, 0 pages
Published December 1st 2003 by Brilliance Audio (first published 1000)

To ask other readers questions about J. D. Robb Collection 1, please sign up.

Recent Questions

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Kathy Davie
Sep 16, 2010 Kathy Davie rated it it was amazing
I can't help it. I could read Robb's In Death series over and over. It's romantic, it's sci-fi, it's got mystery and action, and it's funny with great characters.

I adore how Roarke counters Eve in his caring, his loving, and his coping(!). His humorous approach to Eve's hard edges makes me laugh while Eve cracks me up with her terror of the feminine and the unknown realm of relationships. It balances her dogged pursuit of the bad guy.

The quirks and foibles of the people she works with make them
Lee Ann Horner
May 10, 2012 Lee Ann Horner rated it it was amazing
This series is brilliant.the characters enchant you and the setting, a little futuristic to entice you but not going over the edge.
The books are easy to read,meant in a positive way.You can't put them down and look forward to the next one.They have something for everyone,romance,intrique,murder and humour.
Well placed on my favourites shelf.
Debbie Erwin
Feb 22, 2008 Debbie Erwin rated it it was amazing
J. D. Robb is Nora Roberts' pseudonym, and this series is now many novels long. She writes one to two a year for this series alone, as well as more under her author name, Nora Roberts.
I love this series and collect them all as they are published. I've read them all several times and enjoy them every time, though the first is the best! If you enjoy futuristic novels with strong leading women, where the plot is twisted and never lets you relax for long, then Eve Dallas and company are a good choi
Heather
Jan 20, 2011 Heather rated it it was amazing
I have probably read ALL of Nora Robert's books & all of these under her pseudonym, JD Robb. I HEART Nora! I know it's fiction, trite and romance in some cases, but she does it very well. She makes it believable, and you care for the characters & are whisked away from your troubles for the duration of the book..who cares if the stove is on fire? ;) Great books all of hers. I don't know what the titles are of hers that I've read, just know pretty much all. My husband reads them too, and t ...more
Courtney
Aug 23, 2013 Courtney rated it it was amazing
I love reading and re-reading anything in the In Death series! While I haven't gotten around to reading the most recent releases (the past six or so) I have them (or my mom has them...) and I hope to read them soon! These books are definitely worth a read if you like mystery with a bit of romance. I am not a big fan of romance but the fact that it isn't a main plot point of this series, no matter what other things Nora Roberts writes, makes these books a joy to read.
Celso A. Del Valle
Mar 07, 2015 Celso A. Del Valle rated it it was amazing
Like all ways her books keep me going I cant stop reading then
when I start I have to read all true the night I cant put it down
until I finish it I love all of her books . great stories I have
read 22 of her books as JD Robb and as many of Nora Roberts I love
all keep then
coming .
Peggy Kassees
Dec 31, 2010 Peggy Kassees rated it it was amazing
I am so adicted to the In-Death series from J.D. Robb/aka Nora Roberts - I'm on book 16... Great fantasy, mystery, crime, romance, excitement and adventure all rolled into a series with characters who pop off the page.
Elizabeth Jeffries-stacy
I love all of the in death books.
Oct 23, 2015 Laura rated it it was amazing
Eve Dallas Police Detective and her skills solving crimes. Plus she meets the love of her life.
Temmitommi
Jul 09, 2015 Temmitommi rated it it was amazing
IF THE FUTURE COULD REALLY BE LIKE THIS .......
Edie Carbone
Jun 09, 2015 Edie Carbone rated it it was amazing
Love this futuristic whodunit series!!!
Vinest71gmail.com
Mar 05, 2014 Jessica Stahl rated it liked it
Dangit, Deidre.
Marie Easthope
Jan 23, 2016 Marie Easthope rated it really liked it
I completely am in love with this series! My only regret is that I can't find them all at my Libraries that I have access to! Specifically I'm looking for them in Audio books as I'm in my car a lot of the time in the day. I have one in my car, and I have a different one I listen to in my bedroom!
Bernaditte G.
Jul 27, 2011 Bernaditte G. rated it really liked it
Roberts never fails to give her reader's a character to enjoy, love and appreciate. a good read, entertaining, touching with a bit of humor to balance the dark theme of murder. another piece you won't put down till you've read the last page.
Jamie
Mar 31, 2011 Jamie rated it really liked it
Great start to an incredible series! These books grip you from the start. Very intriguing characters that can't help but root for. The chemistry between Roarke and Eve is hilarious, passionate, and forever bonding. Love these books.
Carla Padgett-Morris
Jan 08, 2011 Carla Padgett-Morris rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jd-robb
To read an "in Death"... is to love the characters. Its best to start from the begining and grow with them. You actually start to think of them as friends. Roberts is by far the best writer of this century. Keep them coming.
Denise
Jun 15, 2012 Denise rated it it was amazing
In Death series is the most excited and best crime novels I have read. Love Eve Dallas and her mysterious husband Roark. Part mystery, part sci-fi, part romance - these books have it all! one of my guilty pleasures!
David Hoyt
I give the overall series a 4. Some books are better than others, naturally. This is an omnibus version with five books. The series is best read in order, but it is not required.

Terry
Apr 25, 2011 Terry rated it it was amazing
A great way to start off the Eve Dallas books. I happened upon this after having read about 10 of the others. I am so happy to have found it, I have lent it to a friend who had never read J.D. Robb.
Kerry
May 31, 2008 Kerry rated it liked it
I've read Naked and Glory so far and they're good. Easy reading-you can finish one in a day or two. Pretty good mystery too. I haven't figured out either one until the end.
Stephanie
Jul 02, 2012 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
These are my absolute favorite series. They are the only set I read and re read regularly. Love all the characters. They are old friends at this point.
Shubhi Vijay
I am a big fan of J.D Robb's style of writing. Her books always give me a boost. The sarcasm, drama and passion makes a reader envious.
Ariel
Jun 04, 2008 Ariel rated it really liked it
I am using this as a review for "Immortal in Death", which I thought was a delightful, albiet suspensful and rather disturbing, book. ^_^
Teri
Feb 17, 2012 Teri rated it really liked it
I have really enjoyed this series so far. A futuristic spin that threw me at first, but I adapted. I love all of the main characters!
Nadejda
Nice to read before sleeping :)
Theresa Grdina
May 29, 2015 Theresa Grdina rated it really liked it
fun!
Dhaverma
Aug 24, 2012 Dhaverma rated it it was amazing
Robb knows how to write romance. She includes mystery too, but I love the romance part. Love her characters.
Cathy
Apr 11, 2013 Cathy rated it it was amazing
Love this series!!!! There is suspense, romance, and humor. Love the relationship between Eve and Roarke.
  • Remember When (In Death, #17.5)
  • Always a Temptress (Drake's Rakes #3)
  • The Marked Men Collection (Marked Men, #1-3)
  • Touch Me (Awesome Foursome, #3)
  • Upon a Winter's Night (MacKinnon's Rangers, #3.5)
  • Dying to Score (Black Ops, Inc. #7.5)
  • Whispered Secrets
  • Only Survivors Tell Tales
  • Midnight (Dark Age Dawning, #2)
  • Burned (Miller Sisters, #2)
  • An Unexpected Gentleman
  • The Name of the Game (Something New, #3)
  • Stray Hearts (Animal Magnetism, #1 & 2)
  • Heart of the Hunter
  • Naked Came the Phoenix
  • A Very Sinful Valentine (Addicted, #2.2)
  • Summer of Two Wishes (Cedar Springs #1)
  • The 'Burg Series: The Complete Box Set
J.D. Robb writes police procedurals set in the near future.

Naked in Death is the first book in what was initially meant to be trilogy about Eve Dallas, a NY police lieutenant with a dark past. In that first book she meets the mysterious Roarke, who is a suspect in the case. By the time the third book in that initial trilogy was in stores readers clamored for more.

Twenty years later, Devoted in Dea
More about J.D. Robb...

In Death (1 - 10 of 44 books)
  • Naked in Death (In Death, #1)
  • Glory in Death (In Death, #2)
  • Immortal in Death (In Death, #3)
  • Rapture in Death (In Death, #4)
  • Ceremony in Death (In Death, #5)
  • Vengeance in Death (In Death, #6)
  • Holiday in Death (In Death, #7)
  • Conspiracy in Death (In Death, #8)
  • Loyalty in Death (In Death, #9)
  • Witness in Death (In Death, #10)