Start by marking “Eagle in the Sky (American Revolution, #4)” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
Eagle in the Sky

F. van Wyck Mason

Eagle in the Sky (American Revolution #4)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  19 ratings  ·  5 reviews
As America battles the British and struggles against its own internal dissension, the lives of three young doctors, intimately entwined by the historical events around them, are detailed in all their glory and, occasionally, their shame.

While the cunning Dr. Asa Peabody schemes his way to a fortune under General Benedict Arnold, and Dr. Lucius Devoe strains under the deman
Mass Market Paperback
Published 1953 by Pocket Books, Inc. (first published 1948)

To ask other readers questions about Eagle in the Sky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eagle in the Sky

Beverly
With the backdrop of the end of the American Revolution, this is the story of 3 newly credentialed doctors. I enjoyed the parts about the medical techniques in use in the 1770's and was amazed that any people survived their treatments! The characters were likeable with a touch of innocence. It was fun reading a book written in 1948 and appreciating the different tone.
Shirley
Dec 02, 2010 Shirley marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
During the years 1780-1781, our nation became bankrupt and was all but exhausted by internal dissension and by the desparate battles of a long Revolutionary War in its final stages. Author F. van Wyck Mason traces this story of three young doctors, their careers, their love-making, and their rough and tumble adventures in the service of the young and struggling country.
Andre

Carole
These books by F. Van Wyck Mason are, I believe, out of print. I read all of them I could get my hands on when I was in high school and they were instrumental in developing my love of historical fiction.

Bridget
# medical students graduate in 1700's America and embark on varied & chequered careers.
Leanna
Leanna marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Chantel
Chantel marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2013
Dorothy500
Dorothy500 marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2013
Amyem
Amyem marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2013
Kathleen
Kathleen marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2013
Lola Swint
Lola Swint marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2012
James Snyder
James Snyder marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2012
Sigrun
Sigrun marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2012
aka Geoffrey Coffin, Frank W. Mason, Ward Weaver

Francis Van Wyck Mason (November 11, 1901 – August 28, 1978, Bermuda) was an American historian and novelist. He had a long and prolific career as a writer spanning 50 years and including 65 published novels.
More about F. van Wyck Mason...
The Winter at Valley Forge Golden Admiral Three Harbours (American Revolution, #1) Rivers of Glory (American Revolution, #3) Cutlass Empire