Start by marking “Turning Grace (The Turning, #1)” as Want to Read:
Turning Grace (The Turning, #1)

Turning Grace (The Turning Series #1)

**Medal Winner of the 2014 New Apple Book Awards in the E-Book Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Horror Category**

Life or death?
It all seems to be the same for Grace…

Some of us have been there before -- falling for the hot, popular jock who just so happens to be dating the hot, popular girl in school.

Your snarky-but-always-right bestie insists you make a move, but you’re not so much into
Published 2014 by J.Q. Davis

To ask other readers questions about Turning Grace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Turning Grace

Poulami (Daydreaming Books)
Originally posted on Daydreaming Books.

*I received a digital copy of this book for the blog tour hosted by YA Bound Book Tour in exchange for an honest review.*

This book was definitely intriguing. But some parts were gross, like flesh eating gross. But as a zombie book, it was pretty well done!

Grace is just like another teenage girl but her appetite is growing everyday which is turning out to be way beyond her control. She realises something is extremely wrong with her as one day she eats a cat
Boundless Book Reviews
Ummm wow!!! I'm so glad I stumbled upon this book. This has to be one best, Top 5 Zombie books I've ever read.

The story follows Grace a teenager. Just like any teenager, she's in high school, she has her BFF, and her secret crush. Some things that would be odd is that she eats a TON of food. More like a buffet. Her mom tells her that it's just her growing up and needing to eat more.

Slowly things start happening that make her question what is really going on. But she also has the attention of h
E.A.
( I received this book free from the Author in exchange for my honest review )

I don't normally read zombie books, but this one caught my interest by it's cover, excerpts and it's reviews. There were a few that spoke of this big twist, and how it was out of left field. I love plot twist and getting blindsided by a book. My interest was piked and once that happens there's nothing that can stop me.

As I drove into this book, the prolog was heartwreching and mysterious. We are taken to a hospital wh
Laura Thomas
Aug 27, 2016 Laura Thomas rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror, zombies, ya
I love a good zombie story. This isn’t a zombie apocalypse. It’s the story of one teenage girl, struggling with odd cravings and an escalating urge to commit violence.

I found some scenes disturbing on so many levels. And I loved it. I know, I’m twisted. But what’s a good zombie story without some truly ghastly scenes. Like when she eats the neighbor’s cat. Yuck.

I liked Grace. Felt sorry for her. And she scared the bejesus out of me. This made me wonder if I’d stand by her, best friend or not.

The
Stephanie
Oct 13, 2014 Stephanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Turning Grace is an amazing novel! I couldn't put it down once I started it. I wanted to know more and more about Grace. From the beginning it's clear Grace is a very special girl. Her Moms constant home cooking, and her giant meals stuck out to me. As the story progresses, and we get to know Graces Mom, Phoebe, and Tristen more, it becomes obvious Grace isn't normal in the food consumption department. I don't want to spoil the ending but I did not see that coming! Something else along the same ...more
The Voluptuous Book Diva / YA Book Divas
You really cannot pass this macabre book up. This book introduces us to a different take on zombies. Meet Grace, a typical teenage girl going through the usual growing pains and a huge appetite. She begins to notice changes that aren't so typical. Sorry, I don't do spoilers!!! Strong story line with well developed characters. Shocking revelations that floor you and scenes that turn your stomach. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Candace (Literary Dust)
This one was definitely a fun read. I was hooked from the first chapter and there were some scenes that were hard for me to stomach but were so good. Some of the way people reacted to things I am not sure if that is how they would react in real life, but it doesn't matter I still really liked this book. If you want something fun with some gore read this for sure.
Lissa Rice
**5 Stars** Review on Boundless Book Reviews.
Katherine Paschal
17 year old Grace is hungry all of the time, but her mother who is a doctor brushes it off as a regular hormonal issue all teenagers encounter. Grace tries to do regular teen things, like hang out with her best friend, avoid her nemesis who happens to date Grace's crush Tristan, and day dream over Tristan. But the hunger becomes worse, causing Grace to pass out and feel sick. But what is worse, is the things that the hunger causes her to do. The unspeakable things...

I love myself some zombie mov
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Grace is your typical teenager who wants the same things as every other teenager to be popular and have a boyfriend well maybe not exactly. Well she definitely doesn’t want to be popular but she would like it if she were not on some people’s radar all the time. Like that was their life’s only objective was to pick on Grace. She walks the halls of school trying to be invisible hoping no one will notice her but that hardly ever happens.

Oh and she wants a boyfriend alright and she knows exactly who
Paula  Phillips
May 21, 2016 Paula Phillips rated it it was amazing
Seeing the cover of this book , it drew me in and captivated me - I just knew that I would want to pick up the book and start reading it and I loved it. However, in parts I was a little confused and had to re-read the sentence or two just to make sure I was reading correctly. Turning Grace starts off with little Grace at five years old coming home from the hospital and she has been sick. Apparently she is all cured now. Then next thing we know her mother has woken up and her finger is missing. ...more
Heidi
Jul 30, 2014 Heidi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My husband recommended this book to me and since he doesn't normally do that I thought I should read the book.
Turning Grace is a début Young Adult\Teen Novel by J.Q. Davis. The book is written from the prospective of Grace your typical teenage girl. (Boys, Clothes, school and life) The difference between Grace and other girls is Grace is a Zombie. J.Q. Davis takes a tried and overused genre and creates a new twist bring life to a almost dead genre.

Possible Spoiler.
The first chapter of the book p
Ravyn Karasu
Mar 31, 2015 Ravyn Karasu rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Turning Grace” was a story that confused me. It was brought up in conversation while speaking to the author. When told that it wasn’t a zombie or vampire story as I would have expected, I became highly curious and decided to read for myself. I had to know.

It was an interesting story. The characters were easy to identify with. It felt like I was really reading from a teenage mindset. It took me some time to get used to that, but it became rather charming and really necessary to really understan
Sherry Fundin
LOVE LOVE LOVE Turning Grace by J Q Davis!

The cover is amazing and it shows both sides of Grace…

Grace has an unusual appetite…She’s always Hungry, HUNgry, HUNGRY! I think she would be a definite winner of Nathan’s Hotdog Eating Contest. She loves horror movies and is becoming a star in a horror story of her very own. She believes in murdering masked men and serial killers, but zombies? Everyone knows they aren’t real. Maybe that’s why she doesn’t she see it coming? I guess, even if I was voracio
Cindy Gibbons
Feb 10, 2016 Cindy Gibbons rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
n generally find something to like in absolutely every book I have ever read, Howe errors I found this Grace horribly disgusting. I found the initial description of the book revealed little of the actual genre of the book.

In general I can always find something to enjoy in every book I have ever read. However, I can honestly say I found this Grace story horribly disgusting, verging on psychotic. The initial description of this novel revealed little of the actual genre, and I was horribly disappo
Ren nerdychampagne
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review
3.5/5

This book is scarily real. Like what if it's real?????? Like what if???????
It's not supernatural. This is pure sci-fi. And it's scary.

Let's get this clear, I didn't love this book. Hell, I don't think I reallllyy liked it. I am just scared of this book. And I am left hanging in the air. I need answers. I need the next book.

I NEED THE NEXT BOOK. NOW.

Read the full review HERE
Matt
Jun 21, 2014 Matt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A really enjoyable page turner! The author crafts a wonderful coming of age story for a teenage zombie-like girl. A well written book, great dialog, and situations that anyone who ever went to high school can easily relate to. I would definitely recommend this book for all young adult readers. A fun read! Looking forward to the next one!!
Kevin McDonald
Feb 11, 2015 Kevin McDonald rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found Turning Grace to be a very entertaining read. The characters were real, with real problems, mixed with some extraordinary issues. There were some surprising, and gruesome, twists that made me want to keep turning the pages. It is apparent to me that J.Q. Davis is somewhat twisted, but in a good way. I am definitely a fan and cannot wait until the next book!
Jenna
Feb 28, 2016 Jenna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to like this book but the main character Grace made it hard for me to like the book. Even though she does wonder why sometimes are happening to her ,she never investigates further and I just didn't like her attitude going after a guy that already has a girlfriend.

DNF at 48%.
Angela
Angela rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2016
J.Q. Davis
Nov 04, 2014 J.Q. Davis rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Amy Mcnea
Amy Mcnea rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2016
Matt Davis
Matt Davis rated it it was amazing
Nov 04, 2014
Matt pung
Matt pung rated it it was amazing
Oct 11, 2015
Tera Secoy
Tera Secoy rated it really liked it
May 13, 2015
Alyssa
Alyssa rated it liked it
Oct 16, 2016
Deborah
Deborah rated it did not like it
May 12, 2015
NewAppleBookAwards
NewAppleBookAwards rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2016
Jml
Jml rated it liked it
Jan 11, 2016
Nadia
Nadia rated it liked it
Oct 01, 2014
  • Sharcano (Sharkpocalypse Trilogy, #1)
  • RecruitZ (Afterworld, #1)
  • The Beginning (Precipice, #1)
  • Frostwalker
  • Dead Girl Blues
  • A Thousand Yesteryears (Point Pleasant, #1)
  • Come, the Dark: Cordovae's Journey (Forever Girl, #2)
  • Sleep Tight
  • Yeitso
  • Dark Grace (Grace, #3)
  • Bones: The Complete Apocalypse Saga
  • Vostok
  • The Wolf's Moon
  • The Tilian Virus (The Pandemic Sequence #1)
  • Life Among the Dead
  • Undermountain (The Undermountain Saga, #1)
  • Chimera: A Jim Chapel Mission (Jim Chapel, #1)
  • The Passenger (Surviving the Dead, #3.5)
J.Q. Davis is from New Orleans, Louisiana. She and her husband, an active duty Marine, have no children but consider their pooches, Lucy and Bella, their daughters.
When she was little girl, she aspired to become a writer. But then one day, she learned about zombies...and now she wants to be a zombie.
More about J.Q. Davis...

The Turning Series (3 books)
  • Escaping Grace (The Turning, #2)
  • Finding Grace (The Turning Series, #3)