The Best Buddhist Writing 2008

The Best Buddhist Writing 2008 (The Best Buddhist Writing)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  33 ratings  ·  5 reviews
A thought-provoking collection of the most notable, enjoyable, and insightful Buddhism-inspired literature published in the last year. The Best Buddhist Writing 2008 includes:

•Short meditative practices for peace from Thich Nhat Hanh
•Sylvia Boorstein on how equanimity supports kindness
•Kate Wheeler on meditating in a cave in India
•Norman Fischer on how all language is...more
Published September 30th 2008 by Shambhala

Karen
A great variety of essays in the buddhist tradition. I especially enjoyed three of these essays: one about a complex relationship the author had with his ex wife; one written by a health care worker about the impermanence of the body; and one that included snippets from several authors on the topic of suffering. Very insightful and well written.
Chris Lemig
Wonderful compilation of short, well-written essays on everything from working with the negative emotions to why meditation is useless. This was a nice overview of what the premier thinkers in all traditions of modern Buddhism are up to.
Sherry
Great collection of Buddhist writing. Essays that can be read and re-read. I got so much out of this book that I needed right now. Great! And I am thinking about adding it to my personal library to always have it on hand.
Melissa
This is an excellent collection. Some of the best essays on Buddhism that I've read.
Brian
I'm pretty much convinced that the best Buddhist writing is no writing. Mu!
John Philson
John Philson marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
Bradley Perry
Bradley Perry marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2013
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2013
Lillee Rodriguez
Lillee Rodriguez is currently reading it
Apr 25, 2013
Jess
Jess marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2013
Dee
Dee is currently reading it
Nov 29, 2012
Yeshe
Yeshe added it
May 15, 2013
Andrew
Andrew added it
Aug 01, 2012
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Mindful Politics: A Buddhist Guide to Making the World a Better Place The Best Buddhist Writing 2007 The Best Buddhist Writing 2012 The Best Buddhist Writing 2010 The Best Buddhist Writing 2011