Start by marking “Juggling Elephants: An Easier Way to Get Your Most Important Things Done--Now!” as Want to Read:
Juggling Elephants: An Easier Way to Get Your Most Important Things Done--Now!

Juggling Elephants: An Easier Way to Get Your Most Important Things Done--Now!

Read by Oliver Wyman

Juggling Elephants tells a simple but profound story about a universal problem-too much to do, too many priorities, too much stress, too little time. If your life has gotten as crazy as a three-ring circus, this book will really help you get your priorities straight.
Audio CD, 2 pages
Published September 6th 2007 by Penguin Audio

To ask other readers questions about Juggling Elephants, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Juggling Elephants

Jon(athan) Nakapalau
If you try to juggle elephants you will get squished! This book helps you become the ringmaster of you own circus...the first step in a life that you can enjoy even as you work hard.
Bob
Jan 03, 2008 Bob rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
While my iceberg was melting and i was looking for my cheese I found the time to juggle elephants. Enough said
Ryan Dejonghe
Oct 14, 2013 Ryan Dejonghe rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
JUGGLING ELEPHANTS is the first collaboration between WHO MOVED MY CHEESE? and Franklin Covey trainers Jones Loflin and Todd Musig. Together they tell the parable of a father giving advice to his daughter, who is having a difficult time managing her hectic life. The parable compares life to a tightly-run three ring circus.

This book is of similar size to WHO MOVED MY CHEESE? and will be a quick read for most people. The father’s advice to his daughter—the same advice for readers of this book—begi
Janene
May 28, 2010 Janene rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, help
My husband brought this home from the library and read it in an hour. One evening I picked it up. I just couldn't pass up the catchy title, and the large print that guaranteed it would be a very quick read that could possibly give me some tools for better life management.

Now that I'm done, my two stars is equivalent to a shoulder shrug. Nothing life changing here. Basically, the concept is this: your life is a circus and you are the ringmaster. Your three rings (for example) are: professional, r
Carole Roman
Dec 17, 2013 Carole Roman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great little book about putting everything in your life into perspective. Oddly enough, I read the book last night and this morning ended up describing the methods to both my sons this morning. They were overwhelmed and complaining about all the crazy things going on, and the whole idea of changing yourself into the "ringmaster" resonated with both of them. The authors highlight the main ideas or concepts, which are all pretty much common sense, but useful to remember when we get swept up the sw ...more
Childsplayx2
Aug 31, 2008 Childsplayx2 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a book that uses the analogy that your life is similar to a three-ring circus. Each ring represents your work, relationships and self.

The book is a quick read (I read it in about an hour and a half) and does give you ways to think about how you prioritize your life. However, I think the one drawback is that it doesn't give enough meat and, instead, focuses almost entirely on the 3 rings and not enough time, in my opinion, on how to really accomplish everything. You have to connect the do
Apr 15, 2015 Sarah rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was required to read this for work. This is a very simple story that uses an analogy of a circus to talk about prioritizing, both at work and in life. While all of the points were valid, they weren't anything new. I didn't get much out of it, but I know people who did. Bottom line, it just wasn't for me.
Katia
Jan 13, 2015 Katia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great and practical Business book

In just a few pages, this book talks about how to prioritize your daily tasks, communicate with your peers, subordinates, also take about employee morale and how to organize your life.
Remember you don't live to work, there's much more in life.
This book gives you a lot of insights to think about.
Very good book.!!
Molly
Mar 13, 2011 Molly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book kind of fits into the "life management" category. It's short, it's something you can relate to, and I think it's going to prove extremely helpful and useful to me. Definitely recommend it to people feeling overwhelmed by life.
Michelle
Aug 24, 2013 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A simple concept of management resembling a circus that helps to drive home these essential concepts. A quick read, but effective in gaining attention and providing areas for application. I found myself thinking about the concepts and matching my business members.
James
Sep 19, 2013 James rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Always nice when you find a book that resets your head at the right time and when needed the most. Ok, maybe not needed the most like the 'leadership and self deception; getting out of the box', was, but a very good story about the circus and how it relates to running your life.
Schuurman Laurence
I really enjoyed the story and illustrations. It brought me insight about balance and how to balance between all the areas of my life.
Denise
May 28, 2012 Denise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very simple concept. Almost overly simplistic. But I just enjoyed the concept and metaphor for life. This is a little but very easy read
Monica
May 02, 2012 Monica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everyone can say their life was a three ring circus at one time or another. This gave me a new perspective on handling (or not) stress. Can't put it down.
Adhi Glory (glory2go)
Buku ini menceritakan tentang seorang bernama Mark yang kesusahan mengatur hidupnya. Ia begitu sibuk dengan pekerjaannya, akibatnya hubungan pribadinya dengan istri dan anaknya mengalami kerenggangan. Suatu hari pada saat menyempatkan (lebih tepatnya memaksa) dirinya untuk menonton pertunjukan sirkus bersama keluarganya, di tengah pertunjukan Mark bertemu dengan Victor, seseorang memberinya pelajaran berharga tentang menjadi pemandu sirkus kehidupannya sendiri.

Viictor menyebutkan sebuah perumpa
Jinnie Lee
Feb 14, 2012 Jinnie Lee rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Work teams who need an easy process for/way to communicate about time management
This book is written by folks who were involved in the "Who Moved My Cheese" phenom, and this book is written in the same style - a simple "fable" that uses the circus as a metaphor for juggling the responsibilities of life. Advice is boiled down into a set of adages like "If you try to juggle elephants, no one, including you, will be thrilled with your performance...A Ringmaster can not be in all three rings at once [work, personal, and relationships]...The key to the success of a circus is hav ...more
L.A.
Aug 14, 2015 L.A. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a cute little time management parable you can read in an hour or so. A woman whose life is in a shambles goes to visit her father and, hopefully, get some advice. He has a meeting to get to, but he leaves her with a story he wrote about a time when she was little, and the family went to the circus.

The bottom line? Running your life smoothly is like being the ringmaster of a circus. You have to know how many rings you've got going on, what acts should be in the ring, and whether or not th
Jackie
Although incredibly full of common sense ideas and plans, Juggling Elephants: An Easier Way to Get Your Most Important Thing Done-Now! serves as a gentle reminder of the way various aspects of our lives intertwine and what is the most effective way to accomplish the most important goals.

Written in simplistic, almost childlike words, it, however, gives us a chance (if we choose to accept it) to step back and reflect on troubles, deadlines, and all those competing influences in our lives.
Joyce
Feb 09, 2009 Joyce rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very quick read. Simplistic comparison of life to a circus, but effective points. I had trouble resolving how you are supposed to be fully present in the current "ring" and yet have the acts in the other rings ready to go. But, I do like the idea of making sure there is a balance among the main aspects of your life. And, the idea of giving each your full attention while you are there. I pride myself on my masterful multitasking, but maybe that's not always the goal...
an
Aug 05, 2010 an rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
hidupmu adalah sirkusmu

kirain mau bilang bahwa hidup ini sebenar na adalah sebuah pertunjukan. ternyata tidak. hidup ini adalah mengkoherenkan semua aspek yang ada. manajemen waktu memang kunci utama.

semacam itulah... penyampaian materi yang dipaksakan dengan gaya novel malah berasa menggurui mungkin jika dibandingkan buku ini ditulis sebagai teks book yang memang ditujukan sebagai buku pengembangan diri.

-45-
Kara
May 08, 2015 Kara rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
Mercifully, this book is short. If it had been any longer, I wouldn't have been able to get through it. It's a painfully written business parable about setting priorities in order to maximize your effectiveness. There's nothing earth shattering here, and nothing detailed enough to actually be helpful.
Suzan Oktaria
Buku hidupmu adalah sirkusmu atau juggling elephants dalam bahasa aslinya ditulis oleh Jones Loflin dan Todd Musig merupakan buku pengembangan diri yang menceritakan tentang seorang pria sukses bernama mark, sukses dalam karier ternyata belum tentu sukses dalam kehidupan pribadi.
Alyssa Lane
I appreciate the message and what the author was trying to say.. But my god this read like a self-help book for idiots. I don't need you to talk to me at a 4th grade reading level for me to understand your ideas. So I really couldn't recommend this book to anyone over the age of 12.
Jane Healy
This parable compares a circus to our 3-ring lives--work, relationships, self--and explains how to take control of each and keep them working well together. There's nothing really new here, but the information is expressed in a winsome way that's easy to read and easier to digest than cotton candy.
Jen Noble
This is a fun, quick and easy book to read if you're having trouble balancing work, relationship and time for your self. It takes a funny approach but some of the things you take away from it can be very helpful.
Nick
Apr 21, 2014 Nick rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
You know those cheesy videos your work makes you watch where they try to teach things with characters who don't speak the way people do in real life? This is like that. Some good info in here, but the packaging was awful.
Ranjani
Oct 03, 2008 Ranjani rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Doesn't work for me :-)
Ginny
Sep 26, 2010 Ginny rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Quick little read. It compares running our lives to being the ring master in a 3 ring circus. Good reminders about setting priorities and delegating to get big things done.
Kim Granados
Aug 02, 2015 Kim Granados rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Gave this book to my staff. Pick up often to go through the exercise - and get myself back on track of being the ringmaster of my life!
Trudy
Nothing really new here.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Who Killed Change?: Solving the Mystery of Leading People Through Change
  • Democracy Despite Itself: Why a System That Shouldn't Work at All Works So Well
  • Make Peace With Anyone: Breakthrough Strategies to Quickly End Any Conflict, Feud, or Estrangement
  • The Myth of Multitasking: How "Doing It All" Gets Nothing Done
  • The Impulse Factor: Why Some of Us Play It Safe and Others Risk It All
  • The Five Keys to Mindful Communication: Using Deep Listening and Mindful Speech to Strengthen Relationships, Heal Conflicts, and Accomplish Your Goals
  • Make Your Brain Smarter, Longer: Taking Control of Your Brain to Improve Your Creativity, Focus, Productivity, Reasoning, and Thinking Power
  • Drop the Pink Elephant: 15 Ways to Say What You Mean... and Mean What You Say
  • The Divine Message of the DNA
  • Calming the Emotional Storm: Using Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills to Manage Your Emotions and Balance Your Life
  • Megatrends: Ten New Directions Transforming Our Lives
  • Invincible Thinking: There Is No Such Thing as Defeat
  • The Object of My Affection Is in My Reflection: Coping with Narcissists
  • The Call of Stories: Teaching and the Moral Imagination
  • Rejection Proof: 100 Days of Rejection, or How to Ask Anything of Anyone at Anytime
  • Reinvention: How to Make the Rest of Your Life the Best of Your Life
  • Uncovering Happiness: Overcoming Depression with Mindfulness and Self-Compassion
  • From Beirut to Jerusalem
Jones Loflin is an internationally recognized author, speaker and corporate trainer with almost twenty years of experience in helping people achieve excellence. He is best known for his unique ability to develop and deliver practical solutions that specifically address the complex needs of an organization. Jones also believes that when people are laughing, they are learning.

You can learn more abou
More about Jones Loflin...

“People sometimes need to laugh, relax, and not take themselves so seriously.” 4 likes
“The ringmaster cannot be in all three rings at once.” 0 likes