Juggling Elephants: An Easier Way to Get Your Most Important Things Done--Now!

Juggling Elephants: An Easier Way to Get Your Most Important Things Done--Now!

3.48 of 5 stars 3.48  ·  rating details  ·  176 ratings  ·  34 reviews
Read by Oliver Wyman

Juggling Elephants tells a simple but profound story about a universal problem-too much to do, too many priorities, too much stress, too little time. If your life has gotten as crazy as a three-ring circus, this book will really help you get your priorities straight.
Audio CD, 2 pages
Published September 6th 2007 by Penguin Audio

To ask other readers questions about Juggling Elephants, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Juggling Elephants

Bob
While my iceberg was melting and i was looking for my cheese I found the time to juggle elephants. Enough said
Adhi Glory (glory2go)
Buku ini menceritakan tentang seorang bernama Mark yang kesusahan mengatur hidupnya. Ia begitu sibuk dengan pekerjaannya, akibatnya hubungan pribadinya dengan istri dan anaknya mengalami kerenggangan. Suatu hari pada saat menyempatkan (lebih tepatnya memaksa) dirinya untuk menonton pertunjukan sirkus bersama keluarganya, di tengah pertunjukan Mark bertemu dengan Victor, seseorang memberinya pelajaran berharga tentang menjadi pemandu sirkus kehidupannya sendiri.

Viictor menyebutkan sebuah perumpa...more
Janene
My husband brought this home from the library and read it in an hour. One evening I picked it up. I just couldn't pass up the catchy title, and the large print that guaranteed it would be a very quick read that could possibly give me some tools for better life management.

Now that I'm done, my two stars is equivalent to a shoulder shrug. Nothing life changing here. Basically, the concept is this: your life is a circus and you are the ringmaster. Your three rings (for example) are: professional, r...more
Jinnie Lee
Feb 14, 2012 Jinnie Lee rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Work teams who need an easy process for/way to communicate about time management
This book is written by folks who were involved in the "Who Moved My Cheese" phenom, and this book is written in the same style - a simple "fable" that uses the circus as a metaphor for juggling the responsibilities of life. Advice is boiled down into a set of adages like "If you try to juggle elephants, no one, including you, will be thrilled with your performance...A Ringmaster can not be in all three rings at once [work, personal, and relationships]...The key to the success of a circus is hav...more
Ryan Dejonghe
JUGGLING ELEPHANTS is the first collaboration between WHO MOVED MY CHEESE? and Franklin Covey trainers Jones Loflin and Todd Musig. Together they tell the parable of a father giving advice to his daughter, who is having a difficult time managing her hectic life. The parable compares life to a tightly-run three ring circus.

This book is of similar size to WHO MOVED MY CHEESE? and will be a quick read for most people. The father’s advice to his daughter—the same advice for readers of this book—begi...more
Carole Roman
Great little book about putting everything in your life into perspective. Oddly enough, I read the book last night and this morning ended up describing the methods to both my sons this morning. They were overwhelmed and complaining about all the crazy things going on, and the whole idea of changing yourself into the "ringmaster" resonated with both of them. The authors highlight the main ideas or concepts, which are all pretty much common sense, but useful to remember when we get swept up the sw...more
Childsplayx2
This is a book that uses the analogy that your life is similar to a three-ring circus. Each ring represents your work, relationships and self.

The book is a quick read (I read it in about an hour and a half) and does give you ways to think about how you prioritize your life. However, I think the one drawback is that it doesn't give enough meat and, instead, focuses almost entirely on the 3 rings and not enough time, in my opinion, on how to really accomplish everything. You have to connect the do...more
Nick
You know those cheesy videos your work makes you watch where they try to teach things with characters who don't speak the way people do in real life? This is like that. Some good info in here, but the packaging was awful.
thomas
A really quick read. (Like 2 hours.) But some real life advice on how to be more productive and effective. A bit simplistic but sometimes that is just what the doctor ordered.
Joyce
Very quick read. Simplistic comparison of life to a circus, but effective points. I had trouble resolving how you are supposed to be fully present in the current "ring" and yet have the acts in the other rings ready to go. But, I do like the idea of making sure there is a balance among the main aspects of your life. And, the idea of giving each your full attention while you are there. I pride myself on my masterful multitasking, but maybe that's not always the goal...
an
hidupmu adalah sirkusmu

kirain mau bilang bahwa hidup ini sebenar na adalah sebuah pertunjukan. ternyata tidak. hidup ini adalah mengkoherenkan semua aspek yang ada. manajemen waktu memang kunci utama.

semacam itulah... penyampaian materi yang dipaksakan dengan gaya novel malah berasa menggurui mungkin jika dibandingkan buku ini ditulis sebagai teks book yang memang ditujukan sebagai buku pengembangan diri.

-45-
Suzan Oktaria
Buku hidupmu adalah sirkusmu atau juggling elephants dalam bahasa aslinya ditulis oleh Jones Loflin dan Todd Musig merupakan buku pengembangan diri yang menceritakan tentang seorang pria sukses bernama mark, sukses dalam karier ternyata belum tentu sukses dalam kehidupan pribadi.
James
Always nice when you find a book that resets your head at the right time and when needed the most. Ok, maybe not needed the most like the 'leadership and self deception; getting out of the box', was, but a very good story about the circus and how it relates to running your life.
Michelle
A simple concept of management resembling a circus that helps to drive home these essential concepts. A quick read, but effective in gaining attention and providing areas for application. I found myself thinking about the concepts and matching my business members.
Molly
This book kind of fits into the "life management" category. It's short, it's something you can relate to, and I think it's going to prove extremely helpful and useful to me. Definitely recommend it to people feeling overwhelmed by life.
Jen Noble
This is a fun, quick and easy book to read if you're having trouble balancing work, relationship and time for your self. It takes a funny approach but some of the things you take away from it can be very helpful.
Tonya
Cute book geared towards helping you achieve work-life balance. Concepts are based on a three ring circus and use examples of how our life can sometimes be like a three ring circus.
Bill Varon
Pretty good book with an interesting twist on time management techniques. Quick read, well worth reading for anyone trying to balance life, work, family and other priorities.
Ginny
Quick little read. It compares running our lives to being the ring master in a 3 ring circus. Good reminders about setting priorities and delegating to get big things done.
Monica
Everyone can say their life was a three ring circus at one time or another. This gave me a new perspective on handling (or not) stress. Can't put it down.
Denise
A very simple concept. Almost overly simplistic. But I just enjoyed the concept and metaphor for life. This is a little but very easy read
Jamie
A coworker recommended this book. It was one of the better professional learning books I've read. The circus analogy seems to work.
Tripleguess
A short, sensible illustration of why it's unwise to do everything all at once all the time. Easily read in one sitting.
Sheyla
Dec 20, 2008 Sheyla rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Business Managers
Recommended to Sheyla by: Myself
I enjoyed reading this book. It brings a good perspective of how to do things in our lives.
Isabelledonola
I simply love this book. I am about to finish it for the second time. Brilliant!
Amy Bell
Quick read about how to balance work and life using a circus analogy.
Alvin
Great book on how to use your time wisely to manage more than one thing
Jonathan Seger
Good book with a very basic idea behind it.
Sheilajayne
SO very appropriate for me!
Ranjani
Doesn't work for me :-)
Getting to It: Accomplishing the Important, Handling the Urgent, and Removing the Unnecessary Juggling Elephants: Be the Ringmaster of Your Work and Life Cycads Of The World Juggling Elephants: An Easier Way to Get Your Big, Most Important Things Done--Now! Getting the Blue Ribbon: Award Winning Results Don't Come Naturally

“People sometimes need to laugh, relax, and not take themselves so seriously.” 4 likes