Start by marking “Feeling Strong: How Power Issues Affect Our Ability to Direct Our Own Lives” as Want to Read:
Feeling Strong: How Power Issues Affect Our Ability to Direct Our Own Lives

Feeling Strong: How Power Issues Affect Our Ability to Direct Our Own Lives

3.5  ·  Rating Details ·  8 Ratings  ·  1 Review
In Feeling Strong, noted psychoanalyst Ethel S. Person redefines the notion of power. The stigma of evil we associate with the subject of power comes from this one conception of power -- the drive for dominance over other people, or, in its most extreme form, an overriding and often ruthless lust for total command. But this is far too limited a definition.

Pointing to a mor
Published October 7th 2003 by Harper Paperbacks (first published October 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Feeling Strong, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Feeling Strong

Gloria
Jul 31, 2008 Gloria rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: People interested in authentic lifestyles
Recommended to Gloria by: Magazine
Shelves: non-fiction
THis is an intellectual, almost textbook explanation of the sources of our personal power and why we have or or fail to have it. I actually got a lot of insight from it and liked its focus on authentic power. I did find myself skipping or lightly reading some parts, however.
Tilak
Tilak rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2015
surpriseitsnada
surpriseitsnada rated it liked it
Oct 06, 2011
skirlet
skirlet rated it liked it
Aug 27, 2012
Sheikh Tajamul
Sheikh Tajamul rated it really liked it
Oct 28, 2015
Katie
Katie rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2016
thejournalceo
thejournalceo rated it liked it
Dec 18, 2015
Raghava
Raghava marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2012
Derek
Derek marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
What were your key learnings from this book? 1 1 Sep 22, 2015 06:40AM
Ethel Person, a Columbia University psychiatrist, did pioneering research on sexuality, visiting sex shops and drag dance clubs to help herself understand what motivates transsexuals and transvestites, and conducting broad-based clinical studies on the role of sexual fantasy in people’s lives.

Dr. Person wrote frequently on love and sexuality for general-interest publications and was the author of
More about Ethel Spector Person...