Start by marking “Chill Factor” as Want to Read:
Chill Factor

Chill Factor

3.94  ·  Rating Details ·  13,838 Ratings  ·  897 Reviews
Cleary, North Carolina, is a sleepy mountain town—the kind of place where criminal activity is usually limited to parking violations. Not so, lately. Four women have disappeared from Cleary over the past two years. And there’s always a blue ribbon left near the spot where each of the women was last seen. There are no bodies, no other clues, and no suspicion as to who their ...more
Published August 1st 2006 by Pocket Books (first published 2005)

Envy by Sandra BrownLethal by Sandra BrownChill Factor by Sandra BrownThe Alibi by Sandra BrownRainwater by Sandra Brown
Favorite Sandra Brown Novels
3rd out of 30 books — 209 voters
Mr. Perfect by Linda HowardHard Evidence by Pamela ClareAfter the Night by Linda HowardUnlawful Contact by Pamela ClareExtreme Exposure by Pamela Clare
Best Romantic Suspense
89th out of 1,554 books — 2,053 voters

More lists with this book...

Ingela
Review written April 25, 2016

4 1/2 Stars - Thrilling good romantic (snowy) crime

I haven't listened to a Sandra Brown story since August. (Months flies!) Gosh, I have been missing her always so very enjoying romantic crime stories. — This time (my tenth) is it Chill Factor. First published 2005, here the 13:26 hrs audiobook (excellent) narrated by Stephen Lang.

photo image.jpg2_zps0azoxreu.jpg

...and I'm breathless.

*******************************************

«4 women have disappeared from Cleary over the past 2 years. — ...the g
Mo
Sep 28, 2014 Mo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Four women have disappeared from Cleary over the past two years. And there's always a blue ribbon left near the spot where each of the women was last seen. There are no bodies, no other clues, and no suspicion as to who their abductor might be. And now, another woman has disappeared without a trace. Lilly Martin, a successful magazine editor is trapped in her remote cabin with a man believed to be a serial killer. Is Ben Tierney the feared abductor? Or is he who he claims to be...her rescuer
♥Sharon♥
Nov 03, 2014 ♥Sharon♥ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 I was so confused stars....

Sandra Browns writing never fails to lure me into the story. With equal doses of suspense and mystery she also has the ability to weave in a certain level of sex appeal in way that creates anticipation and when the moments happen….

photo chillfactor_zps78605c38.jpg

Let me start by saying this one drove me a little batty. It was fantastic of course but for the first 60% or so my thoughts were spinning in so many different directions that I my little brain was about to explode.

Where to begin with th
Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover and KA Addict ❤️
 photo 5ae020b0bd3ce802ee52bdb758d240be_zpsvpc0wnc6.jpg

5 Chilling Stars!!

Sandra Brown is one of my top "go-to" author's when I'm in the mood for a great mystery suspense that will keep me guessing and on the edge of my seat, and SB manages to add just the right amount of romance to keep the characters connected and the reader enthralled.

In the town of Cleary in North Carolina, four women are missing, and presumed dead. The town has a serial killer (The Blue Ribbon Killer) on the loose, and as the story unfolds, as usual with a SB novel there are
Oana
After reading almost everything Mrs. Sandra Brown had ever written, I still cannot guess who the killer is. Pretty impressive, Mrs. Agatha Christie would be so proud.
Karen
Oct 08, 2014 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 STARS
 photo 0008b800-6fd2-4af3-9c23-26d7f567a54b.jpg

"Torrie Lambert vanished as though the ground had opened up and swallowed her. Not a trace of her has been found... except for a blue velvet ribbon."

WOW!!!! Loved this one!!! A classic who-done-it psychological thriller with a bit of romance mixed in. This one kept me on the edge of my seat… and the build up had me suspecting EVERYONE. Fabulous writing.

photo 39D5AEAF-CFEE-4AFD-B9D0-E58242833DFA.jpg

The town was Cleary, located in the remote mountains of North Carolina. And it was about to experience the winter storm of the cent
Fani
Mar 08, 2010 Fani rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of psycological thrillers, rather than action
I had trouble finishing this and when it's about a suspense story, that means a lot. Plus, the romance part was too weak and unsatisfying IMHO.

Lilly is somehow stranded in an isolated mountain cabin, along with Ben Tierney, a man she's met some months ago and liked. However, women have been disappearing lately in their quiet town and somehow, the more time she spends with him, the more she becomes convinced he's the culprit. Her ex-husband, the town's chief of police, freaks out when he learns t
Mindy
WOW!! That ending!! Just when I thought I figured it out, BOOM another twist, another suspicious person, another important fact!
 photo thatssotrue_1555_1330065847_zpsb606729f.gif
It all starts with Lilly & Tierney trapped by a record breaking storm, is he a serial killer or her fresh start in a new life? THIS BOOK is THRILLER/ROMANCE at its best!! Loved the setting, the descriptive writing, attention to details and it read just like a movie! Definitely a re-read for me.
 photo cabininthewoodsinsnow_zpsef6f7daf.jpg
 photo 92396b28ffa67fed9967675f6577c24d_zps2b857573.jpg
 photo thatisgenius_zps0bb3c621.gif
Rachel Regina
Overall rating: 4.75 stars!

Triggers:
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Love triangle: (view spoiler)
Sex with om/ow: (view spoiler)
Intimate pasts: (view spoiler)
Lisa Kay
North Carolina woods, painted by Jeremy Sams

Kayaking on the French Broad River in North Carolina into Tennessee.

(This is a review of the audiobook.) Good Gravy Beans! I haven’t read a Sandra Brown book in ages, but this one took hold of me and wouldn’t let go. Stephen Lang does an excellent reading of this romantic suspense. I’ve heard him narrate before, though it’s has been awhile; he still holds up.

I have to thank Jill (who knows I love a good snowbound story) for the recommendation of this
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
Oct 23, 2014 Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳ rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳ by: Mo
5 STARS ...more
Amanda
Mar 19, 2016 Amanda rated it did not like it
Listened to this book on the drive to and from SC at Thanksgiving. It was a way to fill up the long and empty miles, but as a piece of "literachoor" - it was an enormous piece of feculent nonsense.

Where to start? How about the part where Lily, the heroine, convinced she is snowed in with a serial kidnapper/murderer, has hot monkey sex with him, despite the whole HE'S A FREAKIN' MURDERER thing.

Or how about the fact that the hot, monkey sex happens between a woman who is weak from a nearly-fatal a
Steen
Jun 25, 2009 Steen rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2009-books, hated
Ksenia
I am a big fan of Sandra Brown. I don’t even glance at blurbs before requesting her books. To this moment I’ve read 34 of her novels. To my shame I haven’t written a single review on any of them. I just… I thought that everyone knows about Sandra Brown and either like her books or not. So I was really surprised when I realized that several of my GR friends haven’t read her novels and only now they begin to discover this author. Now I’m going to write reviews on Sandra Browns books because she wr ...more
Janie Johnson
Aug 14, 2016 Janie Johnson rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
I decided on reading this book for my Month of Mystery TBR for August. I had heard that her books are standalone books and I had been collecting quite a few, so it was time to start reading some of her works since I had so many. I am glad that I read it.

Synopsis
Five women are missing from the sleepy mountain town of Cleary, North Carolina, and a blue ribbon has been left near where each woman was last seen. Lilly Martin has returned to Cleary to close the sale of her cabin. But when her car skid
Sarah ~

حين تحتجز ليلى مارتين وسط عاصفة ثلجية مع بين تيرني ..
تدور في البلدة حيث زوجها السابق هو رئيس الشرطة مجموعة من الشائعات

والتكنهات حول كون بين تيرني هو القاتل المتسلسل والمتهم باختطاف

خمس نساء خلال عامين ..في تلك البلدة الصغيرة حيث الأسرار

والشخصيات المريضة المتخفية خلف ستار الإحترام أو عدم الأهمية ..
وتتعقد الأمور أكثر حين يصل رجال المباحث الفيدرالية ..

الكاتبة التي أقرأ لها للمرة الأولى ..
أمسكت بزمام الأمور وأدارت الرواية وأحداثها وشخصياتها بشكل جيد ..
ولكن كان يتقص هذه الرواية شيء ما .. لا ادري ما
Marie Sexton
Dec 04, 2012 Marie Sexton rated it did not like it
I've only read one Sandra Brown book in the past, Lethal, which I thoroughly enjoyed, so I was excited to try another one. Unfortunately for me, I picked this one. Wow. What a giant disappointment.

It would take me ages to detail the many, many things I hated about this story and frankly, I've lost enough of my life to this terrible book already, so I'll just list the general problems: completely cliche, unrealistic, TSTL characters doing the most ignorant things imaginable with no logical expla
Juman Akel
Feb 09, 2013 Juman Akel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
قصة حب وجريمة ولغز. هذا هو النوع المفضل عندي من الروايات. لا يوجد ابتذال ولا سخافة في إنفاق الصفحات لسرد موقف جنسي بألفاظ مقززة كما أصبحت العادة عند الكتاب العرب مؤخرا، وكأن القارئ العربي بهيمة تفكر طيلة وقتها في عملية التكاثر ولن تشتري الكتاب ما لم يكن هنالك صفحات في الرواية تتحدث بالتفصيل عما تشرحه كتب الأحياء في المدرسة!
كما أن الرواية تبدو كسيناريو فلم أمريكي من النوع الذي أحب مشاهدته. الجميل أني لم أشاهدها بل قرأتها. الترجمة متعبة بعض الشيء. كثرة الشخصيات واستخدام اسم العائلة في مناداتهم: ال
Carmo
Excelente policial. Foram umas horas bem passadas a lê-lo. Bem estruturado, personagens intensas e com a dose certa de mistério para lançar dúvidas sobre as suas atitudes.Um herói romântico; que de tantos indícios que tinha contra ele, via-se logo que não podia ser o culpado. A inevitável história de amor, com avanços e recuos bem apimentados. Algumas surpresas no final- uma delas de ficar de queixo caído, outras nem tanto.
A autora escreve com fluidez e simplicidade, sem conversas inúteis, mante
Filipa
Acabei Calafrio.
Entretanto, este já é o segundo livro que leio da autora. Apesar de ter muita curiosidade em ler mais livros dela, queria mesmo comprovar se era uma autora para seguir. E posso dizer que já estou 100% convencida.
É mesmo para seguir. Estou fã da escrita dela. Dos enredos, das histórias de amor que ela cria.
Fazendo um pouco de comparações entre as obras que já li - Uma Voz na Noite (amor à primeira vista) e Calafrio - este Calafrio tem menos romance, mais carga de mistério e su
Sandra
Depois de estar muito tempo na estante, resolvi pegar neste livro e ver se iria concordar com as muitas opiniões positivas sobre ele.

As primeiras páginas do livro são chocantes e explícitas, o que me deixou a pensar que, uma vez que o assassino já estaria identificado, a surpresa maior que este livro poderia oferecer-me já estaria perdida. Como me enganei...

O enredo praticamente está todo na sinopse, mas se eu pensava que isto era um contra, vejo agora que era apenas para me iludir e enganar. A
Filipa
Jun 21, 2012 Filipa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Calafrio" é, sem sombra de dúvida alguma, um livro que já devia ter lido há mais tempo!

Sandra Brown? Escritora a seguir!

O que há a RETER? Suspense e mais suspense, romance, raptor/assassino em série, suspense e mais suspense. . .

O que faríamos se numa das maiores tempestades da nossa cidade que há memória, ficássemos retidos numa cabana com um assassino em série?!
Ainda mais quando a nossa própria sobrevivência está ameaçada quer dentro quer fora da cabana. . .
O que estão dispostos os pais a faz
Yomi Milanesa
Oct 18, 2015 Yomi Milanesa rated it really liked it
It was an okay read. I felt like things just were "fixed" up too nicely.
Deemah Al-Otaibi
Oct 18, 2011 Deemah Al-Otaibi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
روايه فذّة !
الروايه اسرتني بأحداثها وغموضها وتتابع حوادثها !
مسليّه من الدرجه الأولى, فلكل من يرغب بإستراحه فكريه انصحه بأن يقرأ هذا الكتاب !
Vicky
Aug 27, 2015 Vicky rated it really liked it
Good read.
Janeka
Jun 09, 2012 Janeka rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012, thriller, blogring
Este livro foi mais um empréstimo dentro do Clube BlogRing (obrigada Mafi!), e marca a minha estreia com esta autora.

Gostei especialmente da forma como são introduzidas diversas personagens, e como as suas histórias se relacionam.. é uma daquelas histórias que nos deixa sempre a suspeitar das personagens, e a querer saber mais.
Também gostei do facto de não ter pormenores muito rebuscados, ou teorias complicadas para explicar um simples facto, como acontece em tantos livros deste género.
No geral,
Joan Swan
Jul 31, 2011 Joan Swan rated it it was amazing
Conflict has to be of my favorite aspects of a novel second only to foreshadowing. When I plot, one of my main concerns is developing both internal and external conflict, but I don't stop there. I take those two differnt types of conflict and twine them. When I'm able to blend the two in such a way that each draws on the other increasing the tension and the stakes for my characters, I know I've hit that sweet spot in my story.

Sandra Brown's thriller CHILL FACTOR does a beatuiful job of blending
Andreia Silva
Sandra Brown tem-se mostrado uma autora excepcional. Li, até agora, três dos livros publicado em Portugal e dois deles, prenderam-me completamente às páginas. Com muita pena minha, este foi aquele de que menos gostei, fazendo uma comparação.

Neste Calafrio, e no meu ponto de vista, a história está muito mais voltada para o romance, para o ciúme, para os mistérios das relações e menos (infelizmente) para o crime, para o mistério do desaparecimento daquelas cinco mulheres. Entendo que não é propria
Ana Bernardes
Jun 25, 2016 Ana Bernardes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mais um livro fantástico de Sandra Brown que adorei ler, e claro que não podia faltar aquele mistério até à ultima página, juntando-lhe também um pouco de romance pelo meio. Cleary é uma daquelas cidades pequenas que sabem tudo, até do desaparecimento de cinco mulheres em dois anos e meio mas nunca encontraram o culpado. Lilly regressa para vender a sua cabana mas atropela alguém. E não é nada mais nem nada menos do que Ben, que Lilly conheceu no Verão passado, devido à tempestade são forçados a ...more
Maria
Jun 21, 2012 Maria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Adorei este livro! Mal conseguia deixar de ler, tal era a vontade que tinha de chegar ao fim e deslindar o mistério de saber quem era o mau da fita. E tenho de confessar que tinha várias suspeitas mas não imaginava que era aquela personagem. Fui surpreendida e isso é algo que eu adoro, quando um livro me surpreende. Mais uma vez fiquei com vontade de ler todos os livros desta escritora e recomendo a toda a gente de goste de policiais com um toque de romance.
Sanda Brown Super...: Chill Factor 1 9 Jul 29, 2014 04:44PM
  • Hidden
  • Obsession
  • Death Angel
  • Take A Look At Me Now
  • Killer Takes All (Stacy Killian, #2)
  • Still Waters
  • Into the Storm (Troubleshooters, #10)
  • Count to Ten (Romantic Suspense, #6; Chicago, #5)
  • Waking Evil (Mindhunters, #2)
  • Whispers and Lies
  • Alma Rebelde
  • Carnal Innocence
  • O Funeral da Nossa Mãe
  • The Hunt (Predator Trilogy, #2)
  • Killer Dreams
  • Our Wicked Mistake (Notorious Bachelors, #2)

Sandra Brown is the author of more than sixty New York Times bestsellers, including FRICTION (2015), MEAN STREAK (2014), DEADLINE(2013), LOW PRESSURE (2012), LETHAL (2011), & TOUGH CUSTOMER (2010).

Brown began her writing career in 1981 and since then has published over
More about Sandra Brown...

“A double-minded man is unsure in all his ways.” 7 likes