Start by marking “How to Set His Thighs on Fire: 86 Red-Hot Lessons on Love, Life, Men, and (Especially) Sex” as Want to Read:

This hip and funny guide to life by "Cosmopolitan" editor-in-chief and "New York Times" bestselling author Kate White is in the tradition of Helen Gurley Brown's classic "Sex and the Single Girl."
Published June 14th 2006 by Grand Central Publishing (first published May 30th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about How to Set His Thighs on Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Set His Thighs on Fire

Bunny
Jul 08, 2009 Bunny rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-09
Are you a reader of Cosmopolitan magazine? Great, then you've read this book already.

It's not a book only about sex, despite the title. I give Kate White props for picking such a "LOOK AT ME" title to make people pick it up off the shelf. Of the 80+ chapters, only 1/4 of them really focus on sex that could possibly inflame a man's upper leg region. The majority of the book is just how to be a successful woman/human/organism. Which is nice.

It's a quick, fast read, recommendable to anyone who want
Claire
Jul 06, 2008 Claire rated it it was ok
The book, while interesting read more like a diary than a how to book--and most of the 'lessons' were been there done that types of things. Nothing new and exciting here.
Jun 13, 2013 Sarah rated it did not like it
Yeah, I read it, get over it.

*Now having read more books with a similar theme, this one stunk. This just happen to be the first book of this genre I read and I had only been married about year.
Brenda
Nov 18, 2012 Brenda rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I found that the advise in this book eas mostly common sense. Of course I know quite a few 20 somethings with no common sense so this would be great for them.
Jennifer Worrell
Oct 11, 2016 Jennifer Worrell rated it did not like it
Shelves: research
I followed all the advice but his thighs refused to light. Flesh is apparently terrible kindling. Next time a good soaking with gasoline should do the trick.

Basically, if you read Cosmo before you don't need this book. If you're not sure if Cosmo's your bag, this collection of (articles? essays?) should give you an idea if the magazine's for you. Otherwise, don't bother.

Some of this advice is embarrassingly backwards, basically telling women how to vamp it up and make themselves into eye candy
1moongoddess
Dec 08, 2009 1moongoddess rated it really liked it
I liked this one. It's all about how to be confident and assured in every aspect of your life. It's about work. it's about interpersonal relationships. It's about sex. Sexy is about having it all together. Truthfully, I didn't expect much from the editor of Cosmo and was pleasantly surprised at her message of all around empowerment.

I do have a few gripes. Yes, we get that you write novels. She plugs her own writing, constantly and it's rarely relevant to what she's discussing. She plugs herself
J. Joan
Jul 04, 2008 J. Joan rated it it was ok
I bought this book as a gift for a friend because the title cracked me up. The contents are largely non-sexual, in spite of what you might think, and for the most part, the author, and Cosmo editor-in-chief, does her best to offer simple common-sense good advice for balancing life and getting ahead in your career. I found it a tad annoying how much she plugged her other writing, but I think her heart was in the right place. Not sure if you will learn to "set his thighs on fire", but the ...more
Jennifer Worry
This book is not at all what I expected. The title is EXTREMELY misleading. The majority of this book is the author talking about herself and her job at Cosmo Magazine. It was basically like reading an issue of Cosmo that kept repeating itself over and over. You would not expect a book titled How to Set His Thighs on Fire to spend an entire chapter talking about the proper way to butt kiss people in the real world. It was a useless book.
Sarah S.
Dec 12, 2011 Sarah S. rated it liked it
I agree with what some of the other reviewers of this book have said, in that some of the chapters just seem like a way for Kate White to brag about being the editor of Cosmo. However, some of the chapters were very informative and presented life suggestions in an easy to understand way that some might not have thought of before. I would not recommend this book as one to read through from beginning to end, but maybe one where you could peruse certain chapters of interest for information.
Casey
May 02, 2010 Casey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The title is, of course, to get the reader's attention - it's not all about sex. Finished this book in a few days of light reading. Chapters were 2-4 pages long. Straight forward life advice offered from a highly successful business woman with lots of sassy humor.
Susan
Dec 03, 2007 Susan rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: women
This book is not just about sexy stuff. It's about confidence in yourself and your abilities and tips on how to remind yourself that you really are fabulous and deserve great things in life.
Fullfaun
Jul 11, 2014 Fullfaun rated it it was amazing
wish I had read this 10 years ago~!
lots of ideas... don't expect your man to be like your best girlfriend.... etc
J Crossley
J Crossley rated it liked it
Apr 08, 2016
Shayna
Shayna rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2013
Kayra
Kayra rated it liked it
Nov 14, 2011
Angie
Angie rated it it was ok
Dec 03, 2015
Sue
Sue rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2010
Angela Olsen
Angela Olsen rated it it was ok
May 27, 2012
Stevi
Stevi rated it did not like it
Aug 18, 2016
Lindsay Reynolds
Lindsay Reynolds rated it it was amazing
Jul 31, 2008
Natalie Collazo
Natalie Collazo rated it it was ok
Sep 03, 2011
Celeste
Celeste rated it it was ok
Nov 13, 2014
Tami
Tami rated it liked it
May 07, 2012
Coco_Chanel
Coco_Chanel rated it liked it
Nov 29, 2013
Laura Schone
Laura Schone rated it it was amazing
Jun 26, 2010
Stvsgrl
Stvsgrl rated it liked it
Aug 12, 2007
Biba
Biba rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2012
Colleen Kearney
Colleen Kearney rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2014
Shauna
Shauna rated it it was ok
Jul 19, 2015
Anonymous
Anonymous rated it it was ok
Jul 13, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Kate White is the New York Times bestselling author of nine works of fiction: six Bailey Weggins mysteries and five psychological thrillers, including the most recent, The Wrong Man, and the upcoming The Secrets You Keep (March ‘17). For fourteen years she was the editor-in-chief of Cosmopolitan magazine, and though she loved the job (and the Cosmo beauty closet!), she decided to leave in late ...more
More about Kate White...

“If you had a daily printout from the brain of an average twenty-four-year-old male, it would probably go like this: sex, need coffee, sex, traffic, sex, sex, what an asshole, sex, ham sandwich, sex, sex, etc” 34 likes