Start by marking “The Superlative Man” as Want to Read:
The Superlative Man

The Superlative Man

2.75 of 5 stars 2.75  ·  rating details  ·  4 ratings  ·  3 reviews
The Superlative Man soars overhead, coming to the rescue of people in danger. The tabloids splash his every exploit across the front pages. The entire metropolis is in awe of him - except for Harvey Gander, whose parents died in a freak automobile accident caused by the Superlative Man as he was dashing off to another adventure. Gander is a lonesome cub reporter for the Me ...more
Published November 15th 2004 by Farrar, Straus and Giroux (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about The Superlative Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Superlative Man

Robert
This is one of those times I wish I could give half stars, because I would readily give this book three and a half stars. I liked it a lot, just not enough to give it four. There's an issue with the book I can't put my finger on, as if it builds up toward something that never really comes together. Ultimately though, it's a fast-paced noir with a neat idea: a reporter investigating a conspiracy about a superhero.
Jerman
I read this awhile back. its got a great love scene in the middle, and the protagonist is a riot. recommended.
Brady Dale
The concept seemed great, but... I got about nine pages in and just couldn't keep going.
Jill
Jill marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
Dana Petersen
Dana Petersen marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Greg Jones
Greg Jones marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2014
Clayborn
Clayborn marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2013
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2008
Human Origins: The Search for Our Beginnings Le mystère de l'homme de Piltdown Samuel Seabury: Priest and Physician, Bishop of Connecticut Cornish Songs And Ditties And Other Rhymes With Some Song Words By Other Writers Go, Nat!