Start by marking “Running from Destiny (The Destined, #1)” as Want to Read:
Running from Destiny (The Destined, #1)

Running from Destiny (The Destined #1)

Ally Sanders lives a normal, quiet life. She’s guarded and damaged, sweet, curvy and self deprecating. She doesn’t date much and likes that just fine, cause she doesn’t deserve love.

When arrogant media mogul, Jackson Bentley comes roaring in to her life, normal and quiet no longer exist, and those curves are what draws him to her. But Jackson has secrets and relentlessly
Kindle Edition, 3 edition , 275 pages
Published June 23rd 2015 by Christa Lynn (first published August 3rd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Running from Destiny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Running from Destiny

Nov 20, 2013 Jennifer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given an ARC by the author for my honest review.

I really loved this book. It has a little bit of everything...laughs, angst, sexiness, suspense, a very determined handsome man, a very strong headed curvy female and everything in between.
We start with Ally's best friend Heather begging her to live a little and go with her to Miami for a charity fashion show that Heather is modeling in. Ally is hesitant as she is a conservative, homely type of woman. She is happy with the way her life is. Th
Sandi
Oct 06, 2013 Sandi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Christa Lynn has written a great book. You will fall in love with Jackson from the beginning... He wants Ally and he pursues her with everything he has... and he has connections and is very wealthy. Oh yeah....so good looking he makes Ally's stomach do flips. The only thing Ally doesn't think she is good enough for him. She is not the model type like her best friend, so why would he want to spend any time with her.
This book has a little if everything.... Romance, suspense ( that will keep you on
Kristy
Jan 04, 2014 Kristy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book could not put it down. Caught my attention from the beginning and kept it till the end!!! Now that's a good story!!
Lisa
Nov 17, 2013 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Omg...I so loved it!! This book speaks volumes on women's insecurities and confidence!! Read it!! You won't be disappointed! ! The hot alpha male..Jackson is to die for!!
Brittany Rousselle
Awful. This book is simply terrible. It is littered with grammatical errors, inconsistencies in the narration, boring and useless descriptions, unrealistic dialogue, and a classic "Mary-Sue" main character. It is very obvious through the use of basic writing skills, sprinkled with "big words," that this is the author's first published work. The narration is hard to read; it feels like you are reading a blog, not a novel. The sentence structure is poor, and the book is filled with run on ...more
Amanda
Dec 10, 2013 Amanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Christa Lynn one of my new favorite authors. Loved Ally, I feel like she's the average girl trying not to get hurt and laying low. Jackson knows what he wants and wont let go. Thanks for an Atl setting, I feel like I'm more connecting because I know the locale. It also makes me want to go on a search for Jackson :) Love, denial, mystery and fulfillment...Loved this book and can not wait for the next!
Rick Johnson
Sep 09, 2013 Rick Johnson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Christa Lynn's first novel is filled with intriguing and believable characters. True to life, some characters are agreeable while others not so affable. Christa takes you down a winding road as you follow the paths of the characters. Christa has the unique ability to take the reader's mind to one place, only to wind up in a place the reader least expected. Running from Destiny is a quick read, and it opens up how vulnerable human emotions really. Great job from Christa Lynn.
Dusty Payne
Oct 14, 2013 Dusty Payne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book, it was written by a woman who obviously knows how to write intriguing and captivating characters. I was so wrapped up in the story the entire time and I can not wait for the next one.
Books&Dreams
Mar 08, 2014 Books&Dreams rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

photo bookwormsreviewicon.jpg

Book Worms was given this book as an ARC for an honest review.
We gave the book 4 stars.
This book review was left by Carissa a Book Worms Reviewer.
Thank you Carissa.

I was given an ARC by the author for my honest review.
This book reeled me in from the beginning, Ally's sarcastic and independent attitude had me relating to her from the start.
And of course, who can resist the sensual, controlling, mystery of Jackson Bentley. The characters in this book were funny, frustrating, loveable, and the
Angela Swanlund
Mar 13, 2014 Angela Swanlund rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Character(s): Alexandra Sanders (Ally) is a very loveable and identifiable character. At some point, we all struggle with self-esteem, but she demonstrates an amazing level of strength as she faces her fears head on. From fear of intimacy to fear of commitment and even fear of her life – Ally may walk away, but she returns stronger each time.

Heather – This character is very easy to imagine, as most all readers have either had a Heather for a bestie, or know someone just like her.

Jackson Bentley
Lorraine Barton
Jan 06, 2015 Lorraine Barton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
loved it! this book was awesome! At times I wanted to smack Ally but I loved her sarcasm and the fact that she is a curvy girl. Jackson is an awesome alpha male and at times I wanted to smack him too but all smacking aside loved their story!
Agnese
Jan 28, 2014 Agnese rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
the first books of the beautiful story that i just loved soon i was done with it and could wait for the #2...the story is amazing..is has it all..Fun,love,romance,things that can happen in real life,sex.....i loved it and the author really did a amazing job...
JD
Aug 08, 2014 JD rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the book but I HATED Ally. Jackson was sweet but Ally was an indecisive irritating character, it was hard for me to cheer for her.
Book Loving Fairy-Blog
A SOLID 4 STARS!

*Review copy gifted by author in exchange for an honest review*

In Running from Destiny we meet Alexandra (aka Ally) and Jackson (aka The Suit). Ally is extremely self-conscious about her weight and size, which is most likely made worse due to her model best friend, Heather, who, in Ally’s eyes, is perfection personified. Heather tells Ally she’s beautiful all the time, but Ally doesn’t believe her. Jackson is aggressive, persistent, and completely “alpha male”.

Jackson spots Ally
Mike Smith
Reviewed on behalf of Fictional BookHos:

+++

Damn, I really love this book! It is the first of two books in the Destined series by Christa Lynn and tells the story of Alexandra (Ally) Sanders and Jackson Bentley.

Ally is a slightly plump Administrative Assistant to the CFO of an interior design firm in Atlanta, with ambitions to one day become a Project Manager. And Jackson is a handsome mysterious man who she meets while in Miami with her best friend, and fashion model, Heather Langley.

Ally has v
Romance Readers Retreat
Book One of the Destined Series

Ally has very low sel
Jo Overfield
Jan 04, 2016 Jo Overfield rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book. I'll tell you why. First, the main character Alexandra was a normal person, like normal girls. It was easy to identify with her physically, emotionally and mentally. When she took a weekend trip with her BFF, who happened to be the perfect description of what men from all over drooled over, she constantly kicked herself in the arse for putting herself in the position of beauty queen versus reality in Miami central. What was she thinking? When Jackson, the gorgeous, sexy ...more
Hot Romance Novel
Dec 25, 2013 Hot Romance Novel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story takes the reader on the most amazing journey that I think all women travel!
As a 28 year old smart, witty, focused determined Administrative Assistant, Alexandra is certain that with hard work, she will accomplish a position with the degree that she has achieved. Her friend Heather, well...she is completely opposite. She is self centered, beautiful, tall, blond model in the fashion industry. Oh, did I mention that Alexandra is a voluptuous size 14?
Jackson - CEO of Womans Pride Magazin
Becky
Apr 13, 2014 Becky rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given a copy of this book and in return I was asked for an honest review, so here it is

Jackson Bentley is an arrogant, bossy, aggravating & SEX ON A STICK kind of man!! And Alexandra is a woman who is strong, independent, caring but also very insecure about her body. And together these two are like a bomb getting ready to explode!
There were times while reading this book that I found myself laughing out loud at these two. Ally gets so frustrated with Jackson and vice versa.
Kay Clodfelter
Jul 20, 2015 Kay Clodfelter rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, tbr
This was a fun and entertaining book, that I really enjoyed reading!! Alexander (Ally) is funny, low self-esteem but believable person, and
you can't help but like her. Her BFF Heather (H)is opposite of Ally but is always pushing her to believe in herself more and take chances. Jackson is instantly taken with Ally and will not let her get away, when all Ally can think is run.. I didn't like how long Ally kept running from her feelings for Jackson, but after I finished reading this book, and thou
L. Sommers
Jul 02, 2014 L. Sommers rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed this book.

The main character, Ally, is not the typical female heroine in today's romance novels you read. She's not the thin waif of a girl that catches the eye of the dominant alpha male. She is the average girl with the average body with low self-esteem. Yet, she still manages to attract the eye of what we call the perfect "book boyfriend". Jackson (The Suit), the green-eyed hunk that only has eyes for Ally. He's rich, handsome, bossy, arrogant and full of secrets. Is he what he portra
Cally
Nov 11, 2015 Cally rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ally Sanders isn't your typical stick thin woman that tends to be written about in a lot of books she is BBW amd very insecure about her looks and body which i personally found refreshing to read.

She goes away with best friend who happens to be a model named Heather Langley. Its here she meets the mysterious Jackson Bentley.

Ally cant believe a man like Jackson would have the slightest bit of interest in a girl like her. But after much persuading from Jackson he goes for the girl he wants Ally.

Th
Karen Shortridge
I was lucky to be gifted this for my honest review, this story took me right into their world I totally switched off from my chaos and was hooked. The characters are brilliant and the storyline has you relating to the emotions of Ally and you get the humour which is great, the balance of every thing hits you because your mind stays truly focused to what is going on in the story. Ally is very self conscious about her weight and size and due to her ex and a very horrible date she swears off love, ...more
J.A. Heron
Aug 18, 2015 J.A. Heron rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was gifted this book in exchange for an honest review.
This is a story about Ally (Alexandra). She is a young lady with her whole life ahead of her. She's a little guarded and is weary of men.
Her best friend takes her away for a weekend, enter Jackson Bentley, and she begins a journey of being swept off her feet (literally), he is persistent, strong and totally alpha.
I really enjoyed the book, but... I found it too close a storyline to other books out there, there are a few grammar, punctuation
RangerGirl
This would have been a solid 4.5 read but the errors were HORRIBLE!

#1 - tense - past or present. Say in one. Don't go back and forth in ONE sentence.

#2 - Grammar. PLEASE get it right.

#3 - Sentence structure - there were sentences in the book that were OBVIOUSLY not proof-read. i.e. - She gives the keys to herself. Really? How did that happen?

It was a long story and some things could have been edited out. I got frustrated with both the H/h.

Not sure I'm up for book 2 of his series. Don't know i
WiLoveBooks
Apr 19, 2014 WiLoveBooks rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ally is curvier than your average romance novel heroine. She is very self-conscious of that fact, especially since her best friend is a model. When a hot, rich man starts pursuing her, she can't figure out why. It freaks her out a bit and she tries to push him away. He won't let her. Then he leaves without explaining things and he has to convince her all over again.
Ally is a great character and there is plenty of drama. I am still a bit confused by the situation with Chase. Except for that smal
Renée
Jun 08, 2016 Renée rated it it was amazing
Never A Disappointment

I am such a fan of this wonderful, talented woman! Jackson & Ally are perfect! I found myself wanting to smack Jackson and Ally both at different times during this excellent read! I cannot wait to get on to the second book to see what these two will be up to next! Please take the time to check these books out! I promise you will not be left wanting! Wish there were more stars to give this series!
Ali's Books
Oct 12, 2015 Ali's Books rated it really liked it
This is one of those books that has quite a few issues but keeps you flipping pages at rapid speeds till completion.
It still needs quite a bit of editing, some of the characters actions seemed completely silly, and one scene completely grossed me out! Side note - make out scenes after someone vomits are disgusting!
Anyhow, the story still had that certain something that kept me up at night NEEDING to know how the story ends.
Lori
Sep 08, 2015 Lori rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lovely romance with real grit

Love this story. Allie and Jackson are so different in their lives that some would never expect them to be together. At least that's what Allie thinks. Jackson may be pushy but he is determined to show Allie her true worth.

I love how this story shows that us normal girls can be loved, too. Skinny isn't always better and the author touches on just how much curvy girls have to teach others. Love the overall message of this story!
Sandy
Oct 28, 2014 Sandy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Tough heroine to get behind and root for. Back and fort with J made me dizzy to say the least! Drug bust / kidnapping was confusing. Her BFF was challenging to like. I skimmed through the last half or so. I had a tough time with a lot of the book. Hats off however to the author for writing her first novel. I will purchase #2 to support indie writers!
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Twisted (Twisted, #1)
  • Lila's Loves (Haven, Texas, #1)
  • Protecting You (The Boston Kirkpatricks, #1)
  • Release (Captured, #2)
  • Touch Series (Touch, #1-4)
  • Salvation (Heal Me, #1)
  • Surrender My Heart (Subzero, #1.5)
  • Irrevocable (Evan Arden, #5)
  • Cut Too Deep
  • Center of Gravity (Marauders, #3)
  • A Firm Hand (Bound to You, #2)
  • Make Me Believe (Believe, #1)
  • Kink the Halls (Hers, #2.5)
  • One Thing She Knew
  • The Bastard (The Baddest Boys in History, #1)
  • Always and Forever (Always, #2)
  • Motown Throwdown (Motown Down, #1)
  • Trust Me (Southern Nights, #2)

The Destined (2 books)
  • Accepting Destiny (The Destined, #2)