Start by marking “The Aristocats” as Want to Read:
The Aristocats

The Aristocats (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  452 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Relive Walt Disney's 20th full-length animated feature in this beautiful, hardcover, 96-page classic storybook that accurately captures the movie magic and places it right into a child's hands. With every turn of a page, adventure unfolds to create memories that will last a lifetime.
Published March 28th 1996 by Mouse Works (first published 1970)

To ask other readers questions about The Aristocats, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Aristocats

Dewey by Vicki MyronThe Cat in the Hat by Dr. SeussOld Possum's Book of Practical Cats by T.S. EliotAlice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis CarrollThe Complete Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson
Great "Cat" Books
35th out of 1,014 books — 570 voters
Disney's the Lion King by Don FergusonDisney's The Little Mermaid by Sheryl KahnDisney's Lady and the Tramp by Jamie SimonsDumbo by Walt Disney CompanyThe Fox and the Hound by Walt Disney Company
The Best Mouse Works/ Disney Classic Series Books
14th out of 33 books — 16 voters

More lists with this book...

حياة الياقوت
أعجبني الكتاب، خاصة أني من عشاق القطط.
كنت سأمنحه 5 نجوم لو كنت صغيرة. ثمة أمور كنا -في زماننا الغابر- نقبلها في القصص، وما عدنا وربما لم يعد صغار هذا اليوم يتغاضون عنها. مثلا، تشرد القطط المرفهة بدا غير واقعي، فلم يكن هناك إشارة إلى أثر تغيير البيئة عليها بل يدت تكيفة مع الواقع الجديد. كما أن كشف سر غدار من خلال بوحه بالسر للحصان بدا أمرا ساذجا نوعا ما ومكررا. وعدم بحث السيدة دوقة عن غدار الذي كانت تريد أن تهبه ثروتها أيضا غير منطقي.
Taylor Laird
The Aristocats has always been a favorite of mine, ever since I was little girl. The book goes right along with the popular film. The images look as if they are scenes taken out of the movie itself. The book is an easy read, for all ages. The Disney Golden Books are classics, and I highly recommend reading any, or all of the books in the collection. The Aristocats is all time favorite of mine and I'm sure it could be a favorite of anybody else who takes the time to read the short story. It is ab ...more
Not much of a story, I was a just in 2nd grade when my dad bought me loads of Disney story books (which are no longer in my possession).

I really liked it as a kid. Now when I look back, I probably only read it only because there were cats in it, the singing kittens specifically (I can sing and play "Scale and Arpeggios" from memory, but that was in the movie). Back to the book... no big, life-changing plot here. (view spoiler)
Rosa Cline
The version we have is from the Storybook Collection and it's a really nice version. Stays true to the cartoon but doesn't have a lot of 'could be scary' parts in it for the younger children that you read to. But it doesn't take out any of the good parts of the book.
Tara Calaby
I don't remember a lot about the book, but I went through a phase where I was obsessed with this movie, so I'm sure I was obsessed with this book as well for a while.
This was my favourite movie growing up, and the book is just as beautifully illustrated.
This is not a bad book interpretation of the Disney movie. It would be hard to capture all the excitement from the songs, but the book does a good job telling the main story, and the illustrations are delightful.

It was a fun read simply because I read it with my little sister. I didn't pay much attention to the structure or ideas. The review is solely subjective :)
My mum used to read this French version to me when I was little and even though it's in French it's vey easy to understand 4/5
Sep 09, 2014 Dee rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any child.
I remember loving the characters in this tale as a child. Interesting story that at the time was fairly unique.
This was a great book when I was little. I loved everything to do about cats and the adventure was so fun
Andre Piucci
Esta era uma das que eu não conhecia, que era o "Lado B do livro" de uma história principal.
One of my absolute favorites when I was a kid. Highly recommended if your child likes cats.
Rose Dawson
Moje oblíbené Aristokočky!Jako malá jsem je milovala,měla jsem i pouzdro. ;D
Siobhan O' Sullivan
great book to read to children, the animation is really good!
This was my favorite book for a long time when I was young. :)
Srinidhi.R Srinidhi.R
perfect Disney story..loved the pictures of the cats..
retelling of the movie with movie stills
Aristocats wonderful world of reading
A great children's book
Kenneth Flores
Another great Disney classic.
Emma B
Beautiful children's book!
Dec 12, 2013 Reham rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: pdf
:D :D :D
Melissa marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2015
Alice added it
Nov 23, 2015
Allison Dotson
Allison Dotson marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2015
  • Three Little Pigs (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)
  • Mickey Mouse's Picnic
  • Disney's The Little Mermaid: Classic Storybook
  • Disney's Beauty and the Beast
  • Disney's Tarzan (A Read-Aloud Storybook)
  • Toy Story 2: A read-aloud storybook
  • Pocahontas (Disney)
  • Walt Disney's Mickey and the Beanstalk (A Little Golden Book)
  • James and the Giant Peach
  • Mother Goose (Little Golden Book)
  • Disney's Lady and the Tramp: Classic Storybook
  • The Animals' Christmas Eve
  • Aesop's Fables
  • Disney's Storybook Collection
  • Tangled (Disney's Tangled)
  • Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs: A Read-Aloud Storybook
  • Alice in Wonderland
  • The Jolly Barnyard
Note: The decision was made to consolidate all Disney publications under the name Walt Disney Company. This profile is for Walt Disney, the characters he created, and the company he founded. Any questions, please ask in the Librarian's Group.

Walter Elias "Walt" Disney (December 5, 1901 – December 15, 1966) was an American film producer, director, screenwriter, voice actor, animator, entrepreneur,
More about Walt Disney Company...

Disney's Wonderful World of Reading (1 - 10 of 174 books)
  • One Hundred and One Dalmatians
  • 101 Dalmatians II: Patch's London Adventure (Disney's Wonderful World Of Reading)
  • 102 Dalmatians (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)
  • Across the Big Country: An Alphabet Adventure with Donald Duck
  • Aladdin (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)
  • Aladdin And His Wonderful Lamp (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)
  • Aladdin and the Sly Magician (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)
  • Ali Baba and the 40 Thieves (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)
  • The Brave Little Tailor (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading, No. 18)
  • Brer Rabbit and His Friends (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading, No. 13)