Start by marking “Suicide: Some Things We Know, and Some We Do Not” as Want to Read:
Suicide: Some Things We Know, and Some We Do Not

Suicide: Some Things We Know, and Some We Do Not

"Suicide is a sin-a very grievous one, yet the Lord will not judge the person who commits that sin strictly by the act itself. The Lord will look at that person's circumstances and the degree of his accountability at the time of the act."

Elder M. Russell Ballard, a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, comments on

Published October 25th 1993 by Shadow Mountain (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Suicide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Suicide

Stacey
Feb 12, 2009 Stacey rated it it was amazing
This book helped me a lot when I lost my brother five years ago to suicide. My family and I were pretty distraught until we read this book. It really brought us comfort.
Julia Brumfield
This is one of the reading choices that some may consider a bit to be on the gruesome and macabre side but a subject that isn't touched upon a lot, which is the reason it intrigued me. I had no idea what I would find within the pages but I knew that when I first saw it I wanted to try to read it since I had been a person who a long time ago tried to take my own life but God kept me here for a reason; one for which I am still trying to figure out my place.

The Apostle has done a wonderful job in
Jeff
Sep 25, 2009 Jeff rated it liked it
Found this book at work (I'm employed at a mortuary). Coincidentally, it tied in with a recent seminar my fellow employees and myself attended regarding making arrangements with families that are coping with a homicide/suicide. Being LDS and living in Utah, this is a subject that we encounter on occasion. The book offers insight and support to families that are questioning their loved one's actions. Written by M. Russell Ballard, an LDS Apostle, it offers a Mormon perspective on coping with a su ...more
Sharon
Feb 22, 2009 Sharon rated it it was amazing
It is wonderful to know that our Heavenly Father has such tender mercies for each of us in our lives. I read this book to try and understand where my friends husband really stood. I just could not accept that he would be lost forever. This came out in the ensign in 1987 and that is when I read the information.
Angel Mcrae
Apr 21, 2009 Angel Mcrae rated it it was amazing
I read this book when a very close loved one of mine passed away. This was the 2nd suicide to hit our family within a 10 day period of time. This little book was so wonderful in helping me to come to understand and accept the circumstances surrounding both of these deaths. I would recommend this to anyone who is having a hard time dealing with the death of someone who has committed suicide.
Marie Engberg
Apr 18, 2013 Marie Engberg rated it it was amazing
I read this book after my brother commuted suicide. It left me with the hope that someday I will understand all things.
Travis
Travis rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2016
Spencer
Spencer rated it it was amazing
Dec 08, 2008
G'Lenn
G'Lenn rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2015
Ryan
Ryan rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2012
Raymond
Raymond rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2013
Ginger
Ginger rated it liked it
Feb 20, 2008
Alison
Alison rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2012
Claudia
Claudia rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2013
Sierra
Sierra rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2015
George
George rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2009
Diana Childers
Diana Childers rated it it was amazing
Apr 19, 2013
Shanda Buggs-taylor
Shanda Buggs-taylor rated it liked it
Oct 29, 2014
Mat
Mat rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2014
mtw
mtw rated it liked it
May 11, 2010
Brianne Blaisdell
Brianne Blaisdell rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2016
Michael
Michael rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2017
Dallin Perry
Dallin Perry rated it it was amazing
Apr 27, 2015
Arif Ainur
Arif Ainur rated it it was amazing
Oct 16, 2011
Paul
Paul rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2008
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
May 15, 2010
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
May 19, 2010
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2010
John
John marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2010
Jane
Jane marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2011
Bill
Bill marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2011
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2012
Jeremy C.
Jeremy C. marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2012
Nicola
Nicola marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2012
Darik Anderson
Darik Anderson marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2012
Jacob Adams
Jacob Adams marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2012
Kayleen
Kayleen marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2013
Daniel Abekah quansah
Daniel Abekah quansah marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2013
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2013
Cassie
Cassie marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2013
Kacy Repotente
Kacy Repotente marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2013
E Therese
E Therese marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2013
Richard
Richard marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2014
Nadia Patat
Nadia Patat marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
Shawna
Shawna added it
May 21, 2014
Amie
Amie marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Clarissahaston
Clarissahaston marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Darik Anderson
Darik Anderson marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Darlene
Darlene marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
M. Russell Ballard was called to be a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Oct. 6, 1985.

He was born to Melvin R. and Geraldine Smith Ballard. He attended the University of Utah. He served as a counselor to the president of the British Mission. He has been a bishop twice and a high councilor in two stakes. In 1974, he was called as president
More about M. Russell Ballard...