Start by marking “Acts of Honor” as Want to Read:
Acts of Honor

Acts of Honor

3.65  ·  Rating Details  ·  75 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
In a secret military hospital, five mentally shattered officers hold the key to dangerous secrets. A specialist in post-traumatic stress syndrome, Dr. Sara West becomes a pawn in an undercover mission. Told that she will uncover answers to the mystery of her brother-in-law's disappearance, Sara attempts to find out what happened to these soldiers, aware that she's entering ...more
Published December 1st 1999 by St. Martin's Press (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Acts of Honor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Acts of Honor

Anna (Bobs Her Hair)

Dr. Sara West specializes in helping people with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. Her inability to help her sister move past her husband’s death causes her guilt. For years, Sara has tried to discover why her brother-in-law commits suicide. A military facility may provide the clues she needs. Sara work undercover for a military group called the ‘Shadow Watchers.’ She’ll accept a position at a military psychiatric ward to help soldiers with PTSD and find an agent in distress. She’s in a d
Elizabeth Olmedo
Feb 26, 2014 Elizabeth Olmedo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dr. Sarah West’s instincts tell her to run when Colonel Foster shows up at her office asking for help. Some of his men are falling off the radar only to reappear in a catatonic or vegetative state. Foster wants the PTSD expert to infiltrate Braxton. In the mental facility, her task is to help heal his men and uncover who is messing with their minds.

Sarah doesn’t trust Colonel Foster. However, going to Braxton may be the only way to find out what really happened to her brother-in-law who supposed
Paula Hrbacek
Jan 21, 2013 Paula Hrbacek rated it it was amazing
5 stars
Sara West is a private practice psychiatrist in Pensacola Florida. Her brother-in-law, Captain David Quade, committed suicide, and Sara has been pushing Jack Foster for information about his death. Not knowing why he killed himself is causing problems for her sister and niece. If she doesn’t get answers soon, her niece has threatened to run away from home.
Foster shows up at her office and makes her an offer she can’t refuse. He reveals that he is a member of the Shadow Watchers, a group o
Kimberly
Oct 31, 2012 Kimberly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review written for www.books-n-kisses.com

What an interesting story. I am not sure I have read anything like it before. Yes there are stories of military men being used as lab rats and the woman who is a doctor that saves them but this has something just a bit more to it. And that bit more is what makes this book so intriguing.

The characters are written very well and the story really pulls you in from the first few pages. I spent a couple of nights falling asleep as I wondered why/who/how? I real
Wanderlust
Cover & Title - 4 out of 5
Favorite Character. Jarrod

This was a unbelievably intense story. I was taken back by how gripping & in-depth the mystery was. It kept me guessing until the end. I thought the story was very refreshing & original.
I liked the characters and found myself connecting with them easily. I felt very emotional when i was reading this, i was sitting on the edge of my seat more than once. I was really happy how everything worked out, I genuinely breathed a sigh of rel
Donna
Sep 09, 2012 Donna rated it it was amazing
Fantastic mystery! Secret military hospital. Secret military lab with secret military experiments. Dr. Sara West wants answers and she will do just about anything to get them include put her life in danger. Who can she trust?
A wonderful mystery. It got a little preachy at times but not too bad. Acts of Honor kept me guessing right to the very end. I will be recommending this one to my friends.
I’d like to thank NetGalley and Bell Bridge books for allowing me to read this in exchange for a fair a
Sheila
Apr 22, 2015 Sheila rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not what I usually think of when I read this author, but Vicki Hinze kept me riveted to my chair. I had to finish this one!
Jess Candela
Aug 05, 2012 Jess Candela rated it really liked it
This book has SO MANY elements I normally can't stand, and still I loved it anyway. I've reread some favorite romances from the 80s and been appalled that I could have ever liked them. So it's not just that I loved it years ago. Somehow, Vicki Hinze makes it all work.
Lindsay
Nov 09, 2012 Lindsay marked it as kindle-i-own-to-read
Amazon Freebie 11/9/2012
Michella
Michella marked it as to-read
May 02, 2016
Kelly Thomas
Kelly Thomas marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2016
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2016
Erica
Erica marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2016
Dixie Schulz
Dixie Schulz marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2016
Casey H
Casey H marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2016
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2016
Lauren Mullikin
Lauren Mullikin rated it liked it
Mar 09, 2016
Dee
Dee added it
Feb 09, 2016
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2016
Jimzzz
Jimzzz marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
Paula
Paula marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
⚜Chalmation⚜
⚜Chalmation⚜ marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
Joy
Joy marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2016
Teresa Banks
Teresa Banks marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Karen
Karen rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2016
Nancy Hartman
Nancy Hartman rated it really liked it
Jan 14, 2016
Marlin Kim Johnson
Marlin Kim Johnson rated it really liked it
Nov 28, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Prayer at Rumayla: A Novel of the Gulf War
  • Aftershock: The Blast That Shook Psycho Platoon (Kindle Single)
  • Deadly Dance (A-Tac, #5)
  • The Taking of Trevor Ward
  • Edge of Shadows (Shadow Ops, #3)
  • Drift Away (Noah Braddock, #4)
  • My Name Is Hardly (My Temporary Life #2)
  • Came a Shadow
  • Betrayed
  • Purified
  • Twisted Justice
  • Shades of Desire (SIG, #1)
  • The Homecoming (Shelter Bay, #1)
  • The Meaning of Isolated Objects
  • Lovesick
  • Scream Angel
  • Memoirs of an Outlaw: Life in the Sandbox
  • Promises in the Dark (Shadow Force, #2)
Vicki is the award-winning author of 30 novels, 4 nonfiction books and hundreds of articles. She's recognized as an author and as an educator by Who's Who in America and Who's Who in the World.

Vicki mentors writers through her Writers' Zone program and has for well over a decade.

Currently she's writing faith-affirming thrillers and inspirational romantic suspense. Her latest releases are SURVIVE T
More about Vicki Hinze...